Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cresena and Lerian got dressed in clothes. He pointed at the bed, "I know if you go out you have to be wearing full plate. You crawl back into bed and we will bring you food and a full up healer."

She nodded, "No arguments, my husband."

He smiled, "Given the restriction on your part of this marriage, I like you saying, my husband. When and if you all become infertile switch it to my lovers. It has to be all of you. Agreed ladies?"

They both nodded. He looked at Cresena, "You work on food and I will go track down my cousin in the main house."

She slid under the cleaned blankets as they left. Lerian went for the portal while Cresena went for food. He found his cousin Tril'Rena, "I have a wife in need of your healing hands."

She smiled, "She is a paladin."

He nodded, "She prepared all healing and used it all on herself. She asked us to ravish her in a manner consistent with Cresena's wedding night. No healing conducted until her morning until after she walked into the shower first. She took it all night long. Cresena's is getting food and I am getting you."

She shook her head, "You did not need me for Cresena."

He smiled, "Her tribal healer did it, but she still was on bed rest all of the next day."

She got up and smiled, "Silvertree males finding all these women who want to fuck all night long."

He smiled, "Wedding night. Don't tell me you had a one and done night?"

She sighed, "No, I managed to get 3 out of him but the wife I picked up that night was another matter. She kept me going most of the night. I was happy they let me keep my family name. They enjoyed living here until he passed and she remarried almost a century ago."

He followed behind, "You have not had sex for a hundred years?"

She smiled, "I never said that. After my fourth child, I became infertile. I am seeing a male. We have not married yet because he wants me to take his family name and we are looking for a fertile female to join us."

Lerian nodded, "Talk with my sister. She was scouting out mates for me and I have a feeling it will be a while before we add a third. If we add a third. She had someone for us to meet that we have not pursued at all."

She smiled, "I will see what she says."

They entered the room to see her sitting up and eating with her breasts on prominent display. Both of them had breasts that were slightly bigger than his hands. He enjoyed playing with their erect nipples, which seemed to always be erect like his cock. Lerian stood in the doorway and let her cast her healing into the Paladin.

She looked at her, "The Grand Cleric wishes to see you, just you, tomorrow. Probably in regards to your squires. I informed them of your marriage last night. She was pleased to hear of your marriage and to one of my cousins no less."

She smiled, "Much better now. I enjoyed last night but that is not something to do every night."

Cresena laughed, "He joked once that he knew it would not be every night because I would need 2 days to recover before doing it again."

The ladies laughed. Lerian interjected, "Something for special occasions like our anniversary or one of our birthdays. Else I leave it up to her to say if she wants a repeat, as Cresena did 7 days ago when you said yes to our proposal. She was so worked up she asked me to ravish her again.

I obliged her request as she spent the entire time talking about what she wanted to do with you in our bed. That talk sped things up, as she was very graphic about it all. Everything she requested for the wedding night was done and then some."

Lerian's cousin turned red, "Sounds like I will be seeing the two of you a lot."

Lerian smiled, "2 and now 3 more on the way."

She looked over and sighed, "I know you are one of the candidates. 3 now that your cousin married into another family. With how many children you are having with them I think it will be you."

Lerian smiled, "We will see when the time comes. We have 2 others that have not reached an age to marry. We do not know when the decision will be announced."

She nodded and left the room. He closed the door. He walked over to Millia sitting on the bed. He ate and she mouthed the words without speaking. 'I know.'

She then spoke, "I am proud to be your wife. That you pursued me even though my heart was still broken. It is still sore but you 2 put it back together for me."

---

They came to an agreement on a third wife. Playing into the charade. If he became champion, then he would add a third wife then. The next 3 years went by quickly as he spent his days crafting.

He created hundreds of wands, modified one of his rings to act as a ring of returning for his off-hand weapon, and worked a couple of major projects with Kazzara in secret for the Gods. He learned the mythic meta magic expand and added that to his other ring to work five times a day.

He took that ring close to relic status. He finally broke down and worked with his grandmother on Ice reaver. Adding in sundering to the weapon; a draconic enchantment version of sundering.

To try and add that to the Family blade someday. That new blade was close to its maximum enchantment without being a relic. She warned Lerian, "Someday it might gain intelligence and become a relic. The family blade would get jealous of that fact when and if that occurred."

The 3 candidates quickly became 2 when the youngest; a psionic warrior sorcerer entered the war against the advice of family. He joined a strike team headed behind enemy lines to try and get at their leadership. One member of the team returned to report the failure before dying. His will identified his reason for going; he was asexual and knew he was not a candidate for the blade.

War raged for another 3 years beyond that; the other candidate getting married to 2 ladies and had 3 children with 2 more on the way. Lerian and his wives had 10 children with another 4 on the way.

---

Juna 2nd 9685

The Lady of Dreams sent the message to all 3 blade wielders. Verinus Silversong, Champion of Vandria Gilmadrith was at the falls. He bowed to her, "I know my time to die has come, and I know my sister is days away from being able to take up the family blade.

I have a request. I feel like being a champion of Vandria Gilmadrith was a handicap in this fighting. Our house does not have gestalts like the other champion. I am making a last request. That my sister marries the next Silvertree Blade wielder.

If he is a champion, all the more reason. If any Moon Blade wielder is to be a champion for the Gods then they should be gestalts as well. I fought long and hard for 12 straight years. We formed a plan and we know it will end in the death of 3 blade wielders."

The Lady of Dreams sighed, "Another may claim the blade before then, he is of the right mind, but not with the right skills for what is to come, but he is a gestalt. I will work to make this happen for you, to see the blade gets to her hand, and for her to marry the coming champion."

He smiled at her, "Thank you." He was gone.

She waited as Corellon Larethian, Aerdrie Faenya, and Charlus showed up. Charlus merely shook his head at her. She knew she put herself into a hole.

Aerdrie Faenya spoke first, "You have overstepped, yet again."

The Lady of Dreams nodded, "I know, and I know it will likely cost me, but it was a dying request that he more than earned."

Corellon Larethian looked at her, "She is one of my clerics and an excellent match for his sword and for Lerian, but you have created a binding oath without consulting the rest of us, her, or Lerian. We will see how Lerian wishes to handle this."

Aerdrie Faenya sighed, "I want this match to occur, but I also want matches lined up for him and other Moon Blade Wielders to get gestalts into their houses. Including the new one that will form, Storm Blade. She would also be an excellent candidate. Some of the others can be done with his children."

Corellon sighed, "Many parts are moving right now, and many traps Lerian could fall into if he is not careful. You made that more challenging, yet again, dear wife. Hopefully, the champion is not too enraged by your actions.

Charlus, if the requested punishment comes into play then you will work that aspect as you levied that requirement on her for her actions. But you are forbidden to speak of that fact with anyone other than those present.

The Champion made a fair point about the gestalts and we do need to adapt them into secondary champions when the time arrives. We will need them in all Moon Blade wielders in the future that is coming."

One by one they disappeared.

---

Juna 3rd 9685

Lerian awoke with a stark, sharp burning in his chest. He nearly knocked Cresena out of bed as she had slept on top of him that night. Millia woke and grabbed Cresena's arm as he rolled off the bed clutching at his chest and growled out in pain. They rushed to his side as he sat on the floor and leaned against the wall.

Lerian held his head and then looked at them, "Vessan is dead, the blade is coming home. Along with the Moon Bow blade, and Silversong blade. The champion to Vandria Gilmadrith, Verinus Silversong's death at the hands of another champion. An orog barbarian type."

Cresena asked, "Not a nightmare?"

Lerian shook his head, "The Gods showed me their last few minutes of the battle. They were facing off and had another dragon champion further behind the lines. The losses were too much, they tried to push through our lines. Our people pushed back.

Vessan teleported the champion into the middle of the other horde so that the two champions could face off with the Orog Champion. They took on all comers and a Dragon Champion came to enter the fray. She used magic. She left her blade with the horse. Moonbow wielded hers. The horde turned toward the defense of their champion.

Moonbow was the first to fall and then the other two champions. The explosion killed Vessan and one of the dragon champions of the enemy was kept from fleeing by Vessan's actions. It blew a 2 mile-wide hole into the horde with 3 champions falling. It was 3 elven lives for thousands of the enemy forces.

Hundreds of thousands saved by their sacrifice. It was an honorable death. They wanted me to know for the journal. She had fought on those lines for almost 10 years. They routed the horde back. The war will be over in weeks if not days. I am the champion now."

He showered really quick. All the while the ladies tried unsuccessfully to calm him down. He dressed and studied while they got dressed quickly. Millia stopping to pray. She stood as he got his weapons belt on. There was a knock on the door and Cresena answered it.

Kazzara stood there crying, "You are wanted at the palace. You and the current four eligible youngest are to attend the reading of your sister's will. She fell on the field. I do not have details."

Lerian nodded, "I know. I saw it. Three Moon Blades are coming back. The other champion is dead, as is Brenna. They died fighting side-by-side. She kept another champion from fleeing the blast. She ensured 2 enemy champions fell in the destruction."

She looked at Lerian, "How did she keep him from fleeing?"

He smiled, "Dimensional anchor to keep him from teleporting away and a wall of force to keep the dragon champion from flying away. She placed it above him about fifteen feet. He flew right into it and fell on top of the dead orog champion. They exploded together. 3 champions fell in that fight. She knew the cost. She also knew that it would save thousands. They showed me so I could add her achievement to the journal."

He walked out and saddled up his horse. He looked at his wives, "I will return soon. Look after the children and your charges."

They both hugged him which he returned eagerly. He mounted up and met the elders and the other 3 candidates. Two who were older but because of the deaths and marriages they were still a part of the youngest four. They rode out together. Nobody was in a hurry.

Zintra'Drakon thought to Lerian, "My time to return to the herd is today as well. I will ensure you get a fine stallion to carry you forward in your recovery from this grief."

He thought back, "Thank you, my friend. The other mares in the field will be getting a Regal Knight back. The one who carried and watched over the champion of Corellon Larethian as he becomes known today."

He heard back, "I know. I have heard enough over the years to know you have a significant destiny to pursue."

They rode the rest of the way in silence. The Silvertree family was the last of the 3 to be seen from the blade wielders. The Silversong blade came out in the hands of Ginnarald Silversong. The families first and only gestalt, a Blade Singer Bard. They nodded to them as they passed and they returned it. The Moon Bow Moon Blade wielder came out and stopped and looked at them.

Thinus Moon Bow sighed, "They knew they would die soon when they picked up the blade. You will know more once your blade wielder is revealed."

Lerian nodded to the Knight Paladin who married just a few days before. He knew because she was a snow-elf from the same tribe as his wife, who worked at the same inn even. They attended the wedding. Lerian spoke to ensure that his wife got the Moon Bow name. The fact that champions had come to Moon Blade wielders in many houses.

That they could not deny the Gods' candidates from becoming a champion. They listened and the marriage was blessed. They had no gestalts. He did get an exception for those with any arcane talent to go to the Academy, they were still unprepared in working to deal with significant arcane talent returning.

Those with warrior skills suited to the tribe would be brought to the tribe. Now he held the family blade. Lerian stood and hugged the man. Lerian whispered to him, "We all lost something today but they saved many. More than we will ever know. They fulfilled a greater destiny."

He whispered back, "Something tells me that blade is going into your hands. I will wait in the throne room as the King has asked us to do."

They departed while the Silvertree family walked into the room. The King was beside himself. He looked at them, "I keep these times informal. Please take a seat. I never expected to have 3 blade wielders die at once. Two of whom took up the blade only 9 years ago."

He cracked the seal on the will and notice Learian remained standing. He chuckled, "The Moon Bow blade wielders will start the same way. I should not be surprised as they were married."

He rolled it out and read it. "When this is read, I am obviously dead. I knew when I took up the blade, I was shortening my life significantly. The gods will reward this sacrifice. The four youngest are assembled. However, there is only one to wield the blade.

My brother and Champion to Corellon Larethian, Lerian Silvertree. My entire estate goes to him."

The King paused and looked at Lerian, "You are the Champion to Corellon Larethian?"

Lerian nodded, "As of this morning when I came close to tossing one of my wives out of my bed as my Holy Symbol activated. I knew it would happen eventually. I put the pieces together years ago but they waited for this event. They waited until this day to put me on the field."

Lerian grabbed the sheath and drew the blade. He felt it going into his mind but did not fight it and within seconds it was over. He watched as the blade's runes lit up. What should have been four became eight. This was not lost on those in attendance. The sword responded, "I find you more than worthy Lerian Silvertree, Champion of Corellon Larethian. I am Varus'Nor.

I have the following abilities locked in. Intelligence and telepathic that have no rune. Moon Fire, summon to either hand, and the god ability Built into the blade with each having a rune. Immunity to mind control. Dragon vision, Divine non-detection, and disease immunity. Danger telepathic warning was added by your sister. Your sister was selfless. She did not want me and she was not a match in her marriage and infertility.

But the gods insisted. Now I know why. She gave up five hundred years of her life to save a quarter of a million elves and restore 5 of my abilities for future generations of Blade Wielders. The same deal was struck for the Moon Bow blade but I do not know its abilities.

The gods have just finished informing me. She and her lover passed on but they each left a lot of themselves behind to recover power for the blades, power to protect the future wielders. Truly a selfless act."

The King looked at Lerian, "The Moon Bow Blade did the same thing!"

Lerian looked at the King and with a disembodied voice told him, "The fact that additional runes were added does not leave this room. They were added as part of a bargain that you cannot discuss. They gave up hundreds of years of their own lives to save a quarter of a million elven lives. They sacrificed much of their spirits to active lost abilities.

The Gods could not force them to take up the blade as non-champions and they asked for this concession. The ability to restore several of the abilities lost from being sundered. A lot of their spirit lives on in each of these 2 weapons.

Not enough to interfere with the blades ability to judge future wielders. Neither of them was a valid candidate for the blade. Because of their relationship and fertility, they knew they would never rear children.

The loss of the last champion came well before the other blade wielders were of age to assume the blade. Based upon the wills of the blade wielders changing to reflect that they had to be adults to take up the blade.

There may be exceptions in the future but they will be rare as we have seen the folly of them not being listened to by the rulers of the day when they are not adults. You can tell the court that the sacrifice of the 3 wielders killed thousands of the enemy, including 2 enemy champions, and that saved thousands of elves from dying on the field.

The 3 of them are heroes to the elven people. The champion needs to take the other 2 wielders back to the field. Boost the morale of the troops. This war will end in weeks if not days when this occurs. This is my direction. The direction of Corellon Larethian."

Lerian regained control of himself and looked at the King, "We have work to do, Your Majesty. I was left with questions to ask the head of your army about. I will know more once I speak with him."

The King nodded, "Head for the throne room. I need a moment to collect my thoughts."

Lerian bowed to him and they left the room. The other candidate hugged him. His younger cousin was last, "I was hoping it would be you instead of me. To the others, we knew of four candidates. One married out and one died in the field. That left him and I. I am training Blade Singers for the future.

Him being named to the blade was expected. Named Champion at the same time was a possibility, but never guaranteed. The mystery around Vessan and her wife will remain that. A mystery except to the families."

Lerian gave him a hug, "I knew for a long time. I was not allowed to say."

He smiled, "Gave you time to prepare. That is why you have been spending time enchanting."

Lerian nodded, "Yes."

Lerian thought, "Varus'Nor, I added draconic sundering to my other blade. That way you may carry that ability into the future. Set that as my option for you for now."

He heard back, "You build a weapon like the one that destroyed me to give me the power to destroy them next time. I thank you for the gift. I feel the power of that blade. Given your fighting style, I will endure the power of that blade for now."

Lerian smiled and thought back to him, "I was warned if it gained sentience you might get jealous of the weapon. Please remember it is my off-hand weapon. While it destroys weapons, you will be destroying our enemy and protecting me. You lost a lot when you got sundered. This weapon helps to offset that loss while you regain power."

1...678910...22