Sister-In-Law Surveillance

Story Info
Brother's wife is annoying, but is she an adulteress?
36.7k words
3.04
39.9k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RetroFan
RetroFan
683 Followers

Editor's note: this story contains scenes of incest or incest content.

*****

INTRODUCTION & DISCLAIMER - When Rachel, a former cop and now a private investigator from Adelaide, South Australia gets a call from her mother at work, she is surprised to find that her parents are worried that Sammi-Jo, the wife of Rachel's younger brother Daniel, is cheating on him.

Rachel is cynical about her parents' claims, as Sammi-Jo although hot is an extremely annoying person, a vain and attention-seeking mummy blogger and social media influencer who overshares just about every aspect of her family's life online. How could she be discrete enough to be having an affair? When Rachel reluctantly agrees to do some unofficial surveillance on her brother's wife, will the concerns of her mother and father be proven correct?

All characters and events in this story are fictional, with any similarity to real persons living or dead coincidental and unintentional. Only characters over 18 are in any sexual situations. For any North American readers unfamiliar with Australian slang, fanny means vagina and a bogan is similar to a redneck.

Please enjoy 'Sister-In-Law Surveillance', and rate and comment. Given the theme of the story, I've thrown in an Easter Egg with regards to the character names. Can you find it? If you do, please advise in the comments section.

***

Two really bad things happened in Australia on Thursday, 28 December 1989. One took place in Newcastle, New South Wales when a powerful earthquake struck the steel city mid-morning. It killed 13 people, injured many more, destroyed and damaged scores of buildings and left a damage bill of over 4 billion dollars.

The second bad thing happened in Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia. In the maternity ward of a hospital around the same time the earthquake struck a woman named Hilary Maclean gave birth to a baby daughter who would be named Sammi-Jo.

An earthquake in Newcastle and a woman giving birth to a baby girl in a maternity ward had no effect on me at the time. I don't distinctly remember that day being four-years-old then. I think that my older sister Fiona - then aged six - and I were playing with some of our Christmas gifts in the back garden of the house in the Adelaide suburb of Woodville owned by our parents Raymond and Bev Burgess.

Quite possibly, my sister and I spent the day responding to our two-year-old brother Daniel's pleas of, "Fiona, Rachel, please throw the ball!" and we would bowl the cricket ball for him to hit with his bat, our parents having purchased him a cricket set designed for small children for Christmas that year.

Growing up, I did of course learn of the Newcastle Earthquake at school and thought it was pretty bad for such a terrible disaster to happen especially at Christmas, but had no concept of earthquakes having not experienced one first hand. Nor did I have any knowledge of Sammi-Jo Maclean, who grew up in the Port Adelaide-Enfield area, not far from Woodville but Adelaide was a major city not a country town, so I did not know she even existed during our childhood and teenage years.

This was until the 1990s turned into the 2000s which then turned into the 2010s. Early in 2011, I decided that New Zealand would be a great destination for my vacation, so jetted off to the Land of the Long White Cloud. While walking through the City of Christchurch in the Canterbury region and admiring the historic cathedral one fine February morning, I felt the ground shaking under my feet and hundreds of people - myself included - ran for cover as everything swayed.

The devastating earthquake killed 185 people, injured scores more and destroyed or severely damaged thousands of buildings. I was unharmed but pretty badly shaken up by the experience, and as I returned to Australia thought that travel overseas travel was jinxed for me. A previous trip to Bali had resulted in two weeks of Bali belly. A holiday to Singapore with my partner at the time was intended for us to relax and enjoy ourselves and try to work through some of the problems we were having in our relationship, but all we did was squabble the whole time and break up soon after returning to Australia.

About two months after my earthquake experience in New Zealand, my sister Fiona - at the time sporting a considerable baby bump - and I sat together in Adelaide's pretty parklands close to the banks of the River Torrens as our younger brother Daniel - now a professional cricketer - exchanged vows with and married the love of his life Sammi-Jo Maclean and she became Sammi-Jo Burgess. It had been a quick progression, they had gone from having never met in early 2010 to engaged to married in some 15 months. Sammi-Jo was now the sister-in-law of Fiona and myself. What a delight.

Now, it was April 2018 with seven years having gone by since Daniel and Sammi-Jo's wedding, and I was making my way into the city for Sunday morning brunch to celebrate my father's 69th birthday. I drove across the King William Bridge across the River Torrens, looking at the historic Adelaide Oval across the way, the tall buildings of Adelaide's CBD directly in front of me and the Mount Lofty Ranges visible in the background, the yellow sun rising into flawless blue skies across South Australia.

Driving down King William Street, I could see some people out jogging and others looking the worse for wear after maybe enjoying Adelaide's nightlife a bit too much on Saturday night. My destination was Gouger Street, on which were located the historic Adelaide Markets, Chinatown and a variety of restaurants, one of which was where we were having brunch this morning for my father's 69th birthday.

Parking my car and paying for the ticket at a public car park near the Adelaide markets, I walked across Gouger Street carrying a birthday card and small wrapped gift for my father and caught sight of my sister Fiona, her husband Paul and their daughter and son - Emma aged seven and their son Liam aged four - making their way to the restaurant, also with a card and a gift for Dad.

Fiona, who contrasted from me by having red hair and green eyes opposed to my dark brown hair and brown eyes, had met her husband Paul Philby relatively young in life and they were a devoted couple, responsible and great parents to their son and daughter. Liam shared his father's light brown hair and brown eyes, while Emma had picked up the recessive red hair and green eyes from her mother.

In contrast I was still single at age 32, which was one of the reasons I retained my maiden name Burgess. Fiona had changed her maiden name from Burgess to Philby when she married Paul, while Sammi-Jo had changed her name from Maclean to Burgess when she married our brother. My parents didn't see this as a good trade-off.

"Hi Fiona, hi Paul," I said as I greeted my sister and brother-in-law, lightly embracing them. I then turned to my niece and nephew. "Hi Emma, hi Liam," I said to my niece and nephew, giving them both hugs. "You grow taller every time you see us."

"Hi Aunty Rachel!" exclaimed Emma and Liam. They were such great kids, always well-mannered and polite thanks to the good parenting of Fiona and Paul.

"So, have you ever been to this restaurant before Rachel?" Fiona asked as we walked towards the front door.

I shook my head. "No. How about you?"

"No," said Paul. "My sister has though, for her office work dinner last Christmas."

"Well, Sammi-Jo was the one who arranged everything," I said. "She says it's really good."

Fiona laughed and rolled her eyes. "I think I'd trust that ibis's taste in fine cuisine above Sammi-Jo's." She indicated across the street, where outside the markets an Australian White Ibis, colloquially called a 'bin chicken', was dumpster-diving into a wheelie bin, trying to extricate food scraps.

"Do you know if Sammi-Jo, Daniel and the kids are here yet?" Paul asked.

I nodded. "Yes they are, I saw Daniel's car in the car park as I drove in."

"Swell," said Fiona sarcastically.

Paul, Fiona and I exchanged looks, drew deep breaths and entered the restaurant, where it was very obvious that our sister-in-law Sammi-Jo was there. As was typical, we could hear the voice of Daniel's wife - a loud, high-pitched voice, girlish with a particularly broad Australian accent - above the general noise and chatter of the crowded restaurant and long before we caught sight of her.

Talking to the hostess, we indicated which table we were to be sitting at and made our way there. My parents sat at the table smiling politely, but inside I could see that they wanted to be anywhere but here and that they were like hostages in a bank robbery or a plane hijacking.

The petite blonde form of Sammi-Jo soon became visible, our brother Daniel sitting beside her. As soon as she caught sight of us, Sammi-Jo let out a mouse-like squeak of delight, leaped out of her seat and ran towards us. On her top half Sammi-Jo wore a pink blouse displaying much cleavage that showed that despite being just over five feet tall and having the build of a willow branch she was a very well-endowed young woman, her attributes restrained with a white bra, the strap showing on one of her shoulders.

On her bottom half Sammi-Jo wore a pink mini-skirt, a very short pink mini-skirt that showed Sammi-Jo was wearing white panties as she got up. Both Fiona and I wore dresses that came to just above our knees, but at least we had room for error. Sammi-Jo's skirt left her no room for error on the side of modesty, as she had demonstrated with her accidental panty flash. On her feet Sammi-Jo wore pink sandals, her blonde hair up in a pony-tail with a pink hair tie. The nails on Sammi-Jo's fingers and toes were painted pink, clearly pink was the color of the day for our sister-in-law.

"Fiona, Paul, Rachel, it's so great to see you!" Sammi-Jo squealed, throwing her arms around each of us in turn. I kept a neutral expression as I felt Sammi-Jo's slim arms thrown around me, knowing this typical overly-enthusiastic greeting was as fake as the young woman giving it. Sammi-Jo was fake, as phony as a three dollar note. Most everything about Sammi-Jo was fake, physically and emotionally.

True, Sammi-Jo was very pretty and a natural blonde but her long flaxen tresses did contain some blonde dye. Her sapphire-blue eyes were accentuated with false eyelashes. Her tits were natural, I had heard that from her often enough to believe it true. Sammi-Jo's skin was flawless but she did sport a fake tan and a number of small tattoos. The tattoos were not visible as they were not in places like her face, neck, arms or legs, but mostly out of sight except when she was wearing a bikini, like the butterfly tramp stamp on her lower back. Thankfully Sammi-Jo wasn't into body piercing, with only her ears pierced. Her body was fit and toned, thanks to many hours of personal training that cost thousands of dollars, but she was a big fan of detox drinks and protein supplements to help accentuate her nice little figure.

However, it was her personality that made Sammi-Jo a phony more than anything physically, and her obsessive need for attention and to be 'famous'. She wasn't alone in this desire in her family. Sammi-Jo was the middle of three sisters, there was also Lori-Beth two years older than her and a younger sister Jamie-Lee, born two years after Sammi-Jo. Their hyphenated names would suggest that they belonged in Texas or another Southern or Midwestern state in the USA, but no they were definitely from South Australia.

The girls' mother Hilary thought her three pretty blonde daughters were just perfect, dressing them up like dolls and wanting them to be famous. Had the three sisters been born in 1967, 1969 and 1971 rather than 1987, 1989 and 1991, then Hilary Maclean's ambitions for her daughters might have been more difficult to attain. However, bringing up the girls in the 1990s rather than the 1970s she now had a means to promote her daughters, and this was child beauty pageants which had made their way from America to Australia and Lori-Beth, Sammi-Jo and Jamie-Lee were soon participating in the said pageants in their formative years.

As the years went by and the 1990s turned into the 2000s, there were now new opportunities for people who aspired to be famous, early social media and the Maclean sisters and their mother were certainly active in this. The high school the girls attended unusually for Australia had a cheerleading program, and all three sisters were in it during their tenures at the school, their mother posting lots of images of her teenage daughters cheerleading online.

In her late teens, Sammi-Jo had been associated with a band that she thought would be Australia's next big thing, and teenage groupie Sammi-Jo saw them as her ticket to fame. Unfortunately, the band's talent wasn't as good as young Sammi-Jo thought, and they never did anything more than gigs in Adelaide pubs and clubs, and Sammi-Jo now needed a new way to find fame and fortune.

By this time it was 2008, and there was another way for wannabees to find fame than in earlier decades was not available to them, and this was reality television. Sammi-Jo, recently out of high school was keen to take this road and so applied for and was cast in a show called 'Love Cruise', which was a dating reality show filmed on a cruise ship with good-looking young single people seeing the sights around Australia and supposedly finding love with each other, but more often than not squabbling or acting like drama queens.

The show was an odd one - it was a bit ahead of its time (which didn't mean it was good) - and more like a dating reality show that would be seen in the mid-2010s. It didn't rate particularly well, but wasn't a total flop either. It cost a fair bit to produce, and when it quickly faded away into obscurity after it finished a second season wasn't going to get produced, and no stars were produced from its forgotten short tenure.

Sammi-Jo, now working as an attendant in a fresh juice outlet in the city, had to find another way to get famous. The wives and girlfriends of professional sportsmen, known as WAGS in Australia and New Zealand, were an exclusive club which seemingly enjoyed plenty of perks and prestige.

So Sammi-Jo thought she might also like to be a WAG, and had her sights on landing herself a professional sportsman as her meal ticket and way to find fame and climb the social ladder, and in early 2010 Sammi-Jo Maclean met professional cricketer Daniel Burgess. Daniel Burgess met Sammi-Jo Maclean, and from there the rest was history.

"Hi Emma, hi Liam," said Sammi-Jo to Paul and Fiona's kids, giving both kids a hug. "How about you come and say hello to your cousins?"

The cousins were of course Daniel and Sammi-Jo's three children, non-identical but similar looking twin girls, five-year-old Heaven and Neveah, who were currently sitting with our brother. Like Daniel and Sammi-Jo, the two girls had blonde hair and blue eyes. The two girls wore pink skirts and pink jumpers, Heaven's jumper proclaiming 'Total Diva' and Neveah's 'Total Drama Queen'. Well, if you were setting up your daughters for what they would be as they grew older their clothes were a good start.

Daniel and Sammi-Jo's son was three-year-old Zayden. It was apparently a name that Daniel and Sammi-Jo apparently both loved. Somehow, I think my brother had as much choice in the names for his son and his two daughters as a vegan cat gets in the matter of its diet.

And these crazy bogan names were not unique in Sammi-Jo's family. Older sister Lori-Beth had likewise given her two daughters and son weird bogan names of Chastitee, Honestee and Xeke. Younger sister Jamie-Lee had named her daughter Starlette, and one hated to think what name Jamie-Lee would come up with for the names of the twin boys she was currently six months pregnant with. And like with Sammi-Jo's daughters, Chastitee, Honestee and Starlette had all been entered into beauty pageants.

Zayden, also having blue eyes and blonde hair like his parents and sisters looked at his mother as the kids were saying hello. He wore a tee-shirt that proclaimed he was 'Mommy's Favorite Little Guy', presumably having been purchased from the USA or Canada given the spelling.

Mum and Dad looked relieved at the appearances of Paul, Fiona and myself, as well as the granddaughter and grandson afforded normal names and upbringings. And who weren't wearing clothes with narcissistic and oedipal overtones.

"Hi Dad, happy birthday," I said, embracing my father and then my mother. Fiona did the same, while Paul lightly embraced Mum and shook hands with Dad, the three of us greeting Daniel the same way. Daniel seemed at ease, Mum and Dad much less so, but Dad a little better than Mum at playing along with the masquerade that he was having a good time.

"Oh, isn't this so much fun, we need to get some photos!" came the high-pitched voice of Sammi-Jo, my sister-in-law getting her phone to do just this, Mum's lips getting thinner and thinner as her daughter-in-law as was typical made the occasion all about her.

Daniel said nothing to his wife as Sammi-Jo took photo after photo, many of them selfies. Even growing up Daniel wasn't really a font of conversation, he was too caught up in his sports of cricket which would become his profession and also Australian Rules football at which he was also a star. Now most of his time not playing professional cricket was spent in cricket administration and junior development, the role of raising Heaven, Neveah and Zayden delegated to Sammi-Jo for the most part.

I felt bad about being critical of Sammi-Jo's parenting style being childless myself, it was kind of like a non-driver being critical of a driver's skills out on the road. But still, even if one didn't hold a driver's license and they saw some idiot go through a red light at full speed, they would still know that person was a bad driver.

Having been put in beauty pageants from a young age and having two pretty twin daughters, Sammi-Jo had Heaven and Neveah competing in pageants from the time the girls were toddlers, her sisters doing the same with their own daughters, this all cheered on and heartily approved of by the girls' maternal grandmother Hilary who loved seeing prizes won by her granddaughters to go with those won by her daughters when they were younger.

It might not have been so bad Sammi-Jo, Lori-Beth and Jamie-Lee also making careers of being 'Mummy Bloggers and Vloggers' and 'social media influencers', documenting much of their family lives online. However, despite spending so much time online and getting paid for their influencer activities and by sponsors of their parenting social media, the three Maclean sisters all seemed to be lacking something important. This was filters, with Sammi-Jo the worst of them.

The over-sharing could start off with the most innocent of things and we were afforded a demonstration of this, when Zayden picked up a table napkin and asked, "Mummy, please make a bird."

As Sammi-Jo folded up the serviette into the shape of a bird to impress her son, Fiona asked conversationally, "So, Zayden likes origami?"

"Oh yes he loves it," said Sammi-Jo proudly. "One time this week when I went to the toilet to do number twos, I was folding up my toilet paper into birds, flowers, butterflies, aeroplanes and sail boats before I used it and Zayden was so fascinated. He was so disappointed when I finally finished and flushed the toilet."

Fiona, Paul and I should have been more shocked than we were, but unfortunately this wasn't the first instance of inappropriate oversharing in this regard. One time Sammi-Jo had posted an online picture of herself sitting on the toilet with her dress hitched up and her panties down around her ankles, holding her nose with one hand, her other hand reaching for the toilet paper, with the caption, 'When your husband takes the kids out and you finally get to have a poo undisturbed,' underneath.

RetroFan
RetroFan
683 Followers