Sisterhood - Temptation Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's really quite lovely, isn't she?" Jane purred.

Katharina realized she had been staring, and felt the heat of a blush race to her cheeks. She looked back at Jane and Mutia sitting opposite, "Well, I mean, all-"

"Ah ah," Mutia waved her finger, laughing, "Don't say it?"

"Don't say it?" Katharina flustered.

"Don't say that they're all lovely, is what she means," Ivy smiled across at the two women, "But I'm going to say it, and you are."

"Thank you my dear, very gallant of you," Jane pursed her bright red lips in a wry smile, "Though in any case you've been saying it with your eyes since before you even sat down."

Katharina laughed, disarmed, and watched with some relief as Ivy, too, blushed.

"So what does your job as debutantes entail?" said Mutia.

"Our job?" Katharina asked.

Mutia smiled at her, "Entertaining the guests."

"Oh, well..." By reflex, Katharina looked to Ivy.

Ivy looked back at her, her eyes seeming to sound her out with a silent question. Then Ivy turned back to the two women, "Various things, but I suppose we could start with a dance. If you'd like."

Jane turned to look at Mutia, "We would like that very much, wouldn't we?"

Mutia nodded, her warm smile broadening, "Yes, absolutely."

Ivy got to her feet, lurching off the stool with a sigh of relief. Katharina followed. As she straightened up, she became aware of the stiffness that had accumulated in her limbs while sitting squat astride the low stool. She stretched her legs out beside her, one after the other.

Without being able to articulate why, it seemed to Katharina that over the course of their short conversation, Jane had gravitated somewhat more towards Ivy than her. So it felt as if she were doing the appropriate thing when she walked round the table to offer her hand to Mutia. She watched Ivy do the same for Jane.

"Thank you," Mutia took Katharina's hand and let herself be pulled gently upright. The skin of her fingers was warm, and rough. She felt surprisingly light. Standing, Katharina could appraise more clearly Mutia's figure. She was curvy, like her two friends, especially at the hips, but slimmer. She was taller than Jane, her dark brown eyes level with Katharina's.

"So, let's dance," Jane, standing beside Ivy, extended her arm and the two of them led off towards the crowded central space of the hall.

Katharina still held Mutia's hand. The older woman scrunched her eyes and smiled in a gesture of friendly excitement, then she squeezed Katharina's fingers. Katharina returned the smile and nodded towards the dance. She turned and the two of them began walking in Ivy and Jane's wake.

After weaving between a few of the tall standing tables, the silence between herself and Mutia began to weigh on Katharina. Ahead, she could see Jane already laughing animatedly and clutching Ivy close. Beneath the mounting chatter and echo, Katharina couldn't make out what the two of them were saying.

"So, I hope you like dancing," Katharina said. She had almost asked 'Do you like dancing?' but then changed her mind just before speaking. Now, hearing herself, her redundant statement sounded even feebler.

"I do," Mutia replied cheerfully. She pulled Katharina closer as they passed between two circles of girls, "I mean, it's been so long since I last did it."

Katharina turned to reassure Mutia, then almost ran into Ivy, who had stopped abruptly in front of them. She and Jane were looking over back towards the bar.

Katharina looked also. It took her a moment to pick out the two figures but then she saw Lia, leaning back against the counter, propping herself against it on one elbow. Lia's face was almost obscured by Fereshteh's bobbing crop of glossy brown hair. The two of them were engrossed in a frantic, messy kiss, and Lia's delicate hands were snaking up and down Fereshteh's bare back.

Jane turned and put her hand to her mouth over a loud peal of awkward laughter, "Do please excuse her. She's recently been through a rather acrimonious divorce, I'm afraid. She'll probably try to take out a good decade's worth of frustration on your poor friend."

"Oh I think Lia will be alright," Ivy gave a sly smirk, "If it helps keep her out of trouble, it's all good."

"That counts as staying out of trouble, does it?" Jane laughed again.

Ivy looked upward and pursed her lips, seeming to consider it, "On balance, probably yes. At least if they get a room. Quickly."

Jane smiled mischievously, "There are rooms?"

"There are. But let's dance first," Ivy winked. She took Jane and strode ahead between the thick pillars that lined the main nave of the hall.

Jane looked over at Katharina and waved her head, beckoning. "Come on," she mouthed.

Katharina followed, then turned to face Mutia. They found each other's hands, then Katharina fumbled, unsure what exact position to take up. "Um, do you like to lead?" she asked.

"I did. But I don't know, it's been so long. You might need to help me out," Mutia giggled, "Perhaps you'll just have to hold me tight and make sure I don't fall over."

"Okay," Katharina pulled Mutia closer and wrapped one arm around her waist, letting Mutia rest a hand on her shoulder, "That alright?"

Mutia nodded enthusiastically. They were standing at the edge of the throng of dancers. Couples of varying sizes and speeds were gliding past in both directions, an arm's span away. After a glance to the side, Ivy smiled at Jane then lunged, pulling her aside and into the dance.

Katharina was glad of Ivy's example. She held Mutia's gaze and waited for another bar of the music to pass, then after a subtle nod and smile she took a first deep stride into the dance, as Ivy had, though a little slower. Mutia followed easily. Her body felt light and supple. Her steps were quick, and her feet stayed fixed close to Katharina's as they took the first few careful turns in and out of the haphazard streams of movement around them.

"You're good," said Mutia.

"Thanks," Katharina replied briskly, still too focused on finding her way to think of making conversation. She turned her head to check the space around them, keeping Ivy in view.

"It's difficult to talk and focus on the dance at the same time, isn't it?" said Mutia.

Katharina suspected Mutia did not find it difficult at all. "It's okay," she said, swinging round to bring Ivy back into view, "Sorry, I'm not that great at this, to be honest. I should be entertaining you."

The hand that was on Katharina's shoulder snaked smoothly up to stroke her cheek reassuringly, "You're doing great." Mutia paused, "Maybe I shouldn't say things like this, but I confess I'm enjoying just looking at you."

"Oh?" Katharina was surprised, in part at the apparent compliment itself, in part at Mutia's sudden forwardness in sharing it.

"You're very pretty," Mutia continued, "And so slim. There's hardly a gram of fat on you, you lucky thing."

"Oh," Katharina said again, struggling to formulate a reply.

"Sorry. I can see you aren't so comfortable with compliments," Mutia's smile was sympathetic, "I'll stop."

Katharina cursed herself inwardly when it occurred to her only a few turns of the dance later that it would be polite to say something nice in return, "I mean, you too, you're very-"

Katharina felt one finger lift from her shoulder and wag itself in the air in the same gesture she had seen Mutia make earlier when they had all been sitting at the table. "Ah ah," Mutia's eyes were bright with a wry smile.

"Oh," Katharina laughed, "Well, you are."

"You like her?"

Katharina was watching the couples around them, and turned back in time to see Mutia glancing over her shoulder. She turned again to follow Mutia's gaze and saw Ivy and Jane dancing ahead, Jane still smiling and talking animatedly.

"You mean your friend, Jane?" Katharina asked, "Do I like her?"

Mutia paused. Her lips pursed, and twisted to one side of her face, then the other. "Um, yes," she said finally.

"I..." Katharina tried to think earnestly about the question, while watching the space around her as she pulled Mutia around for a gentle turn, tracking Ivy's steps. "Well, are you just going to stop me again if I try to tell you that I like you?"

Katharina felt Mutia's shoulders shake in her arms, in a quiet shudder of laughter. She was surprised to find how gratifying it was, to have made Mutia laugh.

"I will accept that one," Mutia grinned.

Mutia's bright eyes looked straight at Katharina, and for a moment they exchanged a smile of acknowledgment. What particularly they might be acknowledging Katharina wasn't so sure, but she felt subtly put at ease, and gladder of Mutia's company than she had expected to be. She reflected that perhaps she felt more relaxed because in a way there was less at stake than if she had been trying to seduce a younger girl. Then in turn she wondered why that should be, and whether she was trying to seduce Mutia at all.

Katharina realized that their embrace had tightened, and that she was no longer concentrating on the dance. Mutia spoke again softly, "And I look forward to finding out whether you meant it."

Katharina rushed to collect her thoughts, and found to her frustration that she had forgotten what exactly Mutia was referring to. She felt Mutia turn then pull away.

Then Katharina heard Ivy's voice, "Katja, I hope you don't mind."

Katharina shook herself. She saw Ivy and Jane standing apart, holding hands. "Oh. Right," Katharina spoke after the few seconds it took her to realize what was now happening. She took her leave of Mutia with a smile. It felt like an awkward smile, apologetic almost. But Mutia smiled disarmingly back.

"Thank you," Mutia leaned in to plant a single soft kiss on Katharina's cheek. Then she laughed gaily as Katharina swung her gently around, still clasping her hand. Ivy did the same for Jane, and the two of them switched partners.

Katharina laughed, too, quietly. As far as she could recall, it was the first time that evening that she had switched according to the formula that she and the others had been taught in the lead-up to the ball, each taking leave of their dmurrhisi partners with a nod or a simple kiss, then sweeping them around by the hand and into the arms of the other Sisterhood girl. It had been something of a running joke among the senior girls that this part of the preparation was superfluous because the actual dance on the night was always a chaotic mess. And so it had been, until now. Katharina found a certain comfort in the formality. It felt contrived and formulaic, but the formula made everything easy.

There was a strange and fleeting feeling of emptiness. Katharina felt it across the skin of her front, and at her face. She realized that it was the abrupt absence of touch. Mutia's body had been warm and soft against hers, and now suddenly she missed it. Then as soon as she had identified it, the feeling was gone, as Jane took her hand, gripped her shoulder, and pulled herself in for a tight embrace.

"Don't worry my dear," Jane's loud, musical voice rang in Katharina's ear, "You'll get her back in a moment."

"Oh I... It's okay... I wasn't..." Katharina smiled nervously. She saw at the edge of her vision Ivy swinging Mutia aside. The two of them appeared to be talking, Mutia laughing.

"Should I lead you?" Jane asked.

Katharina realized they were still motionless, holding each other tight, standing ready. Other dancers were sweeping past. "Oh right, sorry."

"You're not so much into dancing, are you? Poor thing," the look on Jane's face was warm, sympathetic.

Katharina laughed ruefully, "Does it show?"

Jane gently shifted her hold, sliding her hand down from Katharina's shoulder to the small of her back. She was quite a bit shorter than Mutia. It felt a little awkward.

"No, not really. At least, not in your technique," Jane strode carefully to one side, pulling Katharina into the dance, "From what I could see, you were doing an excellent job. And Mutia was really enjoying herself. That's what counts. I just thought well... you seemed a little unsure."

"Yeah I guess I am," Katharina sighed, "We sort of have to do it. You know, as part of our duties."

Jane twisted her head to look behind her before sweeping Katharina further out into the throng. Then she looked back, "Your duties entertaining the guests, you mean?"

Katharina nodded, "That's right."

"Well, you are already doing an excellent job with Mutia. She looks very happy."

"Thank you." Katharina was relieved to find that Jane's movements were very able, and predictable. She could follow without having to concentrate too hard. "You're very good at it, too. Dancing, I mean. Well, and entertaining."

"You are too kind. I have to say it's been a very long while that I haven't done it. Haven't danced," Jane glanced down at her own chest, "I was a lot slimmer last time, as I remember."

Katharina couldn't help but look down too. Jane's pale skin looked beautifully smooth, and soft. At the top of her neck, a little double chin of pudge creased up when she bent her head forward. Beneath her tight dress, and pressed against Katharina's body, Jane's big breasts were squashed together into a single cushion of softness that sloshed from side to side with each sweep of the dance. And further down, Katharina felt the warm bulk of Jane's stomach against her hips. The sensation was a lot like the intense warm comfort Katharina had felt when holding Emmie, but more enveloping. It reminded her curiously of a very big, plush body pillow that she used to sleep with at home when she was younger. She had regularly ended the day by grinding herself against it to bring herself to a lazy, messy climax inside her pajamas.

"Thinking funny thoughts?" Jane's bright red lips spread in a curious benevolent smile.

Katharina realized she had been giggling to herself. She looked at Jane and for a brief moment entertained the idea of telling her exactly what she had been thinking. Katharina tantalized herself by preparing the words silently behind her face, 'I was imagining humping you like a giant cushion'. She tried to imagine how Jane might react, then dismissed the thought quickly, shaking her head.

"Sorry. I'm just, um... getting a bit tired actually," Katharina realized, "It's been quite an intense evening already."

Jane's expression turned to a mournful sympathy, "You are, aren't you?" Then she twisted her neck, looking around. She called out, "Ivy."

Ivy and Mutia were dancing a few meters away. Mutia was smiling. She held Ivy in a somewhat stiffer, more formal embrace than Katharina remembered from their own dance together. Ivy turned her head, and looked quizzically over at Jane.

"How about we go for that walk?" Jane called out, sweeping closer to Ivy and pulling up to dance alongside the other couple.

"Okay," Ivy nodded. She turned to Mutia to say something, then Katharina felt herself swept away a little more firmly forward in Jane's hold. After a few strides they stepped out of the throng and between two of the stone pillars into a mostly empty part of the surrounding space.

Ivy strode out behind them, and staggered up to put her arm on Katharina's shoulder, leading Mutia by the hand.

"Whew," Mutia gasped excitedly, "That was fun. But I have to say, that's about all I can take for the moment."

"So, shall we?" said Ivy. She straightened up and hugged Katharina about the shoulders.

"What's that?" Mutia asked.

"Ivy offered to take us for a look around the building," said Jane. Jane looked quite excited, and more than a little out of breath, "I have to say I'm very curious. This place of yours looks absolutely lavish."

"It is," Ivy grinned.

"Well then," Mutia took leave of Ivy's hand and clapped her palms together, "Please lead the way,"

Ivy sprang to Jane's side and put her arm about her waist, "Alright. Let's go."

12