Slave Girl Pt. 02 Ch. 16-25

Story Info
On a trip into town Quin gets some hard life lessons.
18.1k words
4.91
4.2k
9

Part 11 of the 15 part series

Updated 01/19/2024
Created 10/14/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
grimbous
grimbous
1,037 Followers

Chapter 16

As we approach the raised city that overlooked this valley Rosa slips off of the cart and comes up tight beside me to help haul the load up the incline. Together we pull the creaking and clattering wooden wheels over the paved stones as citizens and slaves alike bustle to and fro with their own business.

"What do you see?" Whispers Rosa.

"It's busy. Lots of people." I say. "Looks much the same as the other day."

"Amadeus?"

"Amadeus?" I look around. "No. I don't see him." We'd gone to the South gate specifically in hopes of bumping into him again. "Day off maybe. Or he has a later shift."

I give the city guards that were there a friendly nod. They return a hard, suspicious look, their squints lingering just a bit longer on the demon at my side. With that I notice that there were others all around us also glancing at my slave in a similar way. There was nothing aggressive in their actions but the obviously unfriendly attention was unsettling. Thank the gods they didn't know she was an Amazon as well or the uncomfortable mood might become something more.

"The guards are giving you the eye." I say in a low voice.

"Mmm. Not surprised."

"Amadeus said something about the Consul he works for being pro-non-human."

"Fulgentius, I remember."

"I'm starting to think maybe we ought to throw our lot in with him sooner rather than later."

"Is it that bad?"

"No, but it's not that good either." I say. "Keep your ears open. Let's see what we can find out about these corulers of Grumentum."

We follow the main street for a time, admiring the marble and architecture of the government buildings along the way, before taking a right into what appeared to be a more mercantile district. We hadn't yet gone half a block when a sign on the wall of a gated plot snags my attention. 'Wizard for Hire' it read. I'd seen such signs in Rome but took little notice of them. The exotic and mysterious, and expensive, world of magic was not something a commoner like me concerned himself with...until now. Within the high walls I could see a three story tower rising up and through the open gate I could see a squat stone building with pillars lining its front. Built into the wall just to the right of the gate was a small shrine to Hecate, the Greek goddess of magic.

"One moment." I say as I pull our cart into a space alongside the street. "I want to see something. I'll be within sight. Stay with the cart."

"Yes Master."

On my own I approach the gate and stick my head through. Inside I find a small cobbled courtyard with two figures seated beside a burbling fountain. Both were women but their similarities ended there. One wore robes of fine fiery orange silk, a ring adorned every finger and thumb, and upon her silver-white hair rested a tiara with a single emerald clasped at the front. She was stick thin with a swarthy complexion. Her face was younger looking than her snowy locks might indicate though she was clearly at least twice my age. The other one was plump, green, and looked to be no more than four feet tall. She had on a simple cotton knee length tunic cinched around her wide hips. On her bare mint green forearms she bore the tattoos of a slave. Each of her great tufted ears were as big as my hand and her nose was upturned reminiscent of a pig's snout. Her face was wide with chubby cherubic cheeks. Her hair, worn in long braids, was green as well but a darker shade than her skin and with a steely sheen. Her huge almond shaped eyes were the color of amber with deep black where the whites would be in a human. She was a goblin! A real live goblin!

I knew of them of course, mostly as bands of sneaking thieving pests that traveled the unsettled places of the Empire, but never had I actually seen one in the flesh. I'd heard tale of city dwelling tribes and even of the rare individual of their race who attained full citizenship. I now recall Amadeus warning us that there was a ghetto of such creatures in the city, but that knowledge had not prepared me for suddenly seeing one out of the blue like this.

"Mithtreth." The goblin lisps. "A cuthtomer." She hops to her feet and smiles at me, her broad white teeth having a wide gap in the middle. "Greetingth Thitithen!"

"Thitithen?"

"Citizen." The human woman clarifies as she stands. "Are you here for business or are you simply sight-seeing?"

"Um. Business." I say. "Or at least to talk." Still gawking like the country hick that I am I point at the little slave. "Goblin!"

"How very observant of you." The woman says drolly. "And very rude. They are called Kobalos."

"Oh, right, sorry."

"Thatth alright." The goblin says. "I don't mind."

"She's for sale if you want her." The woman says.

"Half prithe!" The goblins states boldly. "Good deal! Good wife!"

"Wife?"

"Don't mind her. She's coming into her breeding years and, well, I simply don't have the patience to deal with that. Thus the sale."

"Breeding years...huh? Oh, no. No, no, no!" I shake my head. "Not interested. I've got a slave, thanks."

The pair of them approach me, the wizard swaying gracefully and her slave bouncing along at her side. With the size and jiggle of the goblins full bosom bouncing was the only way to properly describe it. The wizard comes to a stop in front of me and gives me a small bow of her head. I return the gesture.

Her brown eyes study me and come to stop at my neck. While she does not smile I could see a softening of her proud features. "That is a lovely item you wear."

I smile and blush, raising my chin just a little more to show off my collar. "I have a slave Rosa." I pause just as I'd been taught to in order to signal others of our lifestyle. "I am her Master Quin."

The wizard's warmth then breaks into a genuine grin. "Well that is interesting." She says. "A pleasure to meet you Quin." At her side the goblin watches on clearly oblivious to the subtext of the communication happening in front of her. "You are new here?"

"Yes."

"My name is Lydia." The wizard says without the distinct pause. "And this is Collywaddle, though she goes by Colly."

"Greetingth again."

"Hello." I clear my throat, still unfamiliar with all of the ins and outs of this hidden in plain sight language we were speaking. "Are you a...Lady, Mistress Lydia?"

She laughs at my naive attempt, but it is a kindly laugh. "No. I am a girl." With a wave of her fingers across her neck I see, just for an instant, a ghostly red collar appear then disappear. It happened so quickly Colly hadn't even spotted it.

"Oh!"

"But let us not speak of such things openly." She says. "You have business with me? You need a wizard?"

"Um, yeah." I say. "My slave has shown a penchant for magic."

"Oh, I see. That is a problem." She says. "The same slave that..." She nods toward my collar. I nod yes. "Hmm. That could be trouble. I cannot magically castrate her if that's what your after."

"Oh no. Quite the opposite actually." I say with a glance out the gate to make sure Rosa was okay. "I was hoping that you'd teach her."

"Teach her?" Lydia raises a sharp brow. "No. The answer is no. Free her first and then we might discuss it. A slave with magic is a dangerous combination. And an illegal one."

"She's blind. She's harmless." I say. "I just thought if maybe you could teach her a few basic tricks, get her started, I dunno, maybe she could serve our household better."

"I see. Blindness would limit her potential significantly. Well, like I said, until you free her I cannot help you."

I clear my throat and swallow. "I cannot free her."

"I don't understand. Why won't you...?"

I shake my head and say slowly and clearly. "I want to, but I can't. I cannot free her. She cannot be free inside of the Empire."

For a moment Lydia looks at me confused but then I watch as understanding slowly dawns. "Oh. Oh! Oh my." She whispers. "That does complicate things."

"Yes."

"Colly. Leave us."

"Yeth Mithreth." Bows the goblin and jiggles off back to where they'd been sitting.

Lydia steps closer, her voice kept low. "She's shown talent?"

"Yes." I decide to trust Lydia with knowledge of our treasure as she looked to be a woman who was not hard up for more jewelry. "She recognized and activated a magical item that laid hidden for generations."

"Anything else?"

"The odd thing, nothing much." Nothing much...except for bringing me back from the dead. "It's very recent but she's definitely...blooming. It runs her family." I nod to across the street where Rosa stood looking so small and helpless as the city traffic passed back and forth between us. "Her father was a mage."

Lydia comes to look at her and studies her for a time. "A demon. I see. It's not uncommon for the gift to run in their bloodlines. Mmm." She rubs her chin and considers it. "Well, I ought to at least assess her." She glances at my collar once more, a visible reminder that she and I were a part of the same hidden community. "I shouldn't, I really shouldn't..."

"But...?"

"But..." She sighs. "I am trusting that the pair of you can keep secrets."

"Oh yes." I say. "We can definitely do that."

"She will not flaunt anything I teach her? Even if they are just simple tricks."

"She will not." I say. "And our home is very secluded. It is because we are so isolated I hoped she might learn some magic to help us."

"You are sure, absolutely sure, that she will not rise up against you?"

I touch my fingers to my collar. "As sure as a man can be."

She nods in understanding. "Does she understand Greek? It would make it a lot easier."

"Fluently" I confirm. "She is educated."

"Fine. I'll see where she's at and maybe give her a rudimentary primer."

"Excellent!" I bow deeply. "Thank you Mistress Lydia. Thank you."

"Don't make me regret this."

"We won't. Oh! She'll be so surprised." I say excited, eager to spring the good news on my beloved slave. "What do we owe you?"

"Simply you and your Lady's presence at my Master's next party."

"Uh, really?"

"For such a risk I would like something special in return. It would be a great honor for my Master to be the one to introduce you." She smiles. "You aren't the only one who wishes to please their holder with an unexpected gift. I can assure you, I am a VERY good girl for my Master."

"Great, great!" I say. "You and my Lady...um, Rosa...can...oh...oh wait." My joy rapidly fades. "Um, I...I don't know if this is going to work."

"Oh?"

"My Lady is...she's...she's taking a rest. From her Lady duties." Gods, I felt like such an idiot. "It's complicated. I'm sorry. I can offer money or an item perhaps?"

Lydia tilts her head and thinks about it. "It is always complicated for us Quin. Masters' do a lot of work, they carry a lot of weight, it is not unheard of for one to...take a rest, as you put it. I will show some faith that your Lady's hiatus is temporary. She would not have collared a boy like you if she wasn't serious." She says. "Besides, I still ought to assess her. The gift is rare and I would like to know where and in whom it resides around my city."

"Geez, thank you Lydia. Thank you so much."

"I'm not making any promises."

"I know. Just, thanks for giving us a chance." I thumb across the street. "I'm...I'm gonna go tell her now."

Lydia chuckles at my excitement. "Go ahead then Quin. Be a good boy and go surprise your Mistress."

"Ha ha! Yes!"

***

Chapter 17

Tripping over my words in my giddiness I explain to Rosa what I'd just done I stand with my hands on my hips and a big smile as I await her reaction.

She stares off in the vague direction of where I told her Lydia's place was a bit stunned by it all. "Uh, wow."

"Not bad, huh?" I say. "Totally free. All we have to do is go to a party someday. I mean, when you're feeling up to it."

"Nothing is free Quin." She says, then smiles. "It would be such a treat to be able show off my b..." Her grins goes away. She blinks and her face flinches. "Master. I explained to you that I can't...I can't be your Lady right now."

"I know. I'm sorry." I say. "Lydia saw my collar and we just started talking...I didn't bring it up on purpose."

"Mmm." She nods. "That collar is a dead giveaway to those who know."

"I don't think she even would have seen you without that connection though."

"Mmm." She takes a deep breath. "Well, this is an opportunity not to be passed up. And I would like to learn, even a little bit."

"Come on." I say. "I'll introduce you."

"What about the cart?"

"I can see it from the gate." I say. "I'll keep an eye on it."

"Okay. Lead on"

I have Rosa take my arm and lead her to gate where Colly stood waiting for us. "Rosa, this is Colly. She is the gob...um, Kobalos that I told you about."

"Greetingth Rotha, alwayth good to meet a fellow thlave."

"Hello Colly." Rosa says politely. "It's been quite some time since I met one of your kind." With a nudge to my shoulder with her horn she quips. "I was probably close to his age."

"The pleasure ith mine."

"Where is your Mistress Colly?" I ask, noticing the empty yard beyond.

"Inthide."

"Thank you."

I go step through the gate but Colly stops me with a hand to the gut. "You thtay. She cometh."

"What?"

"Thtrictly thtudentth and withardth admithable."

"What?" I say again, literally not understanding her words through her heavy lisp.

"Nobody's allowed inside except students and wizards." Rosa says, having picked up the meaning.

"How does Lydia do business then?"

"In the courtyard thilly."

"Ah." I say uneasily. "Um, maybe Lydia could come out so that I could make introductions."

"It's okay." Rosa assures me. "If you have a good feeling about this woman I trust your judgment Master." She pats my hand. "I'll be okay."

"I did get a good feeling." I sigh, worried about the love of my life. "How long will this take Colly?"

"Mithreth thayth to come back when your shadow ith ath tall ath you."

"Huh? When my shadow is as tall as me?"

"That'th what I thaid." She squints up at me. "You can't hear tho good, huh?"

I roll my eyes. "Alright then." I kiss Rosa and we hug each other. "I'll head out and get some selling and buying done. I'll try to be back as early as I can."

"Good luck Master." She strokes my face. "I'll be thinking about you."

"And I you. Good luck Rosa."

Reluctantly I let her go and allow Colly to take her hand and lead her forward. To her credit the goblin is very careful with her, warning her of each step and leading her at a slow and manageable pace. I watch my beloved the whole way and silently pray to Hecate and Minerva to watch over her in this place of learning. The door opens and I see a bit of Lydia's orange robe as she greets Rosa and welcomes her inside. She was in the wizard's hands now. With a sigh I turn and start back toward toward the cart.

"Wait for me!"

I look back to see the rotund Colly running back toward me, her massive tits bouncing freely beneath her white tunic. I swear if the chubby slave would have run any faster she would have started rolling.

"What do you want?" I stop and turn.

She jiggles to a stop in front of me. "Rotha told Mithreth you had errandth. She thaid I should come and help."

I give her wary look up and down. "That's really not necessary. Thanks."

"I got my orderth I'm afraid." She crosses her arms, or tries to at least. Her stumpy limbs couldn't really reach around her bosom properly. "Come on Mathter Quin. I know thith town. I know all the right platheth to shop, what platheth to avoid, and all that thtuff."

I wipe the slight moistness from the mist of Colly's talking from the front of my tunic. "Fine." I say. "I actually could use the help. We've only passed through Grumentum once. I am completely new here."

"Great!"

"You have a very...generous owner." I say. "Allowing me to borrow you."

"Nah. She'th trying to get rid of me, remember? Ha!" Her whole rolly-polly body jiggles as she giggles. "She'th got that buyerth remorthe. Ha ha ha!"

"Riiight." I say. "Alright Colly, come along then."

"Yeth thir!"

To her credit Colly actually proves to be a valuable little assistant. She knew the city like the back of her green hand, even telling me all about various shortcuts and hidden nooks that you wouldn't find on any map. The traders she took me to all seemed to be more concerned with giving me a fair deal for the promise of future commerce rather than taking advantage of a young and inexperienced man who was new to the area. Not only that, she helped me with the pushing of the cart as well as the unloading and moving of the items I sold without complaint. She may be fat but Colly was a tireless worker. Before long the cart was a lot lighter and my purse a lot heavier. All of the wooden furniture and spare pottery had been sold leaving only the small collection of bronze decorative items left to go.

As we go I do notice that her race's light-fingered reputation gives us a bit of extra walking space as people clutch valuables and veer to stay out of her range. And when people weren't avoiding her they were ignoring her. Being a slave she was just not worth noticing for many. I thought it all so unfair. If she was a thief I hadn't seen any evidence of it. And while she might be a slave she was a well-mannered and good-natured woman that would easily get along with most folk if they just gave her the chance. I recall back to my opinion of Demons and Amazons before Rome. It was so easy to put a label on something and just assume that you knew all that needed to be known about it. Rosa had gone a long way to divesting me of such prejudices.

"Hey." I say as we approach our final selling stop. "You've been a great help Colly. I mean it. I've already gotten far more than I thought we would."

She looks up and gives me a big dimpled smile. "Don't mention it thir. Happy to help."

"No, I'd really like to do something for you Colly."

"How about a nithe big bunch of grapeth? Ooo! Or some nithe thticky pathtry with LOTTH of honey."

I chuckle. "I'll buy you lunch after this, sure. I'm hungry too. No, I meant something extra."

"Exthtra?"

"Maybe I can help you save up to buy your freedom."

"Mm, mm." She shakes her head vigorously, her long braids slapping back and forth. "It'th a thlave'th life for me. I like having thomeone have to look after me."

"Huh. Well, fair enough." I say. "But surely you could use some money. For other things."

"Yeah!" She cheers. "You bet I do!"

"How about this." I nod to the shop we were approaching. "I'll give you a quarter of whatever we can get from this guy. For all of your help I think that's fair."

"Mathter Quin! Oh thank you!" She hugs my leg. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome." Then with a smirk I add. "In fact, I'll let you do the talking."

"Oh!"

"The better price you get, the bigger your cut." I set down the cart handle and take the heavy sack of bronzes and heft it over my shoulder. "What do you say?"

She points a pudge digit my way. "You're on!"

We enter the shop to find it chock-a-block with bronze, copper, iron and even the odd silver bevy of nick-nacks lining every wall and shelf. Right away I start to worry about what kind of price we were going to get. Not only was the shop overflowing with supply it was absent of any other customers. The only person within was a bored looking balding man in his early thirties sitting at a back counter absently polishing a statuette of Mercury.

He glances up at us with tired eyes and mumbles. "We're not buying right now."

Undeterred Colly marches forward, rubbing her hands together. "Now hold on there my good man." She says confidently. "You haven't theen what we have to offer." Of course, neither had she. With a wave back toward me she walks right up the counter and rests her chin upon it. "We have thome of the finetht metalwork you thee..."

grimbous
grimbous
1,037 Followers