All Comments on 'Slavery in a New World'

by WiskeyWench

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
great

Wow. I hope there's a continuation of this story :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Spelling issues

Msny spellling errors or incorrect words - there instead of their, weather instead of whether, just to name a couple.

pet_tigresspet_tigressalmost 17 years ago
Good plot but...

While you have solid plot with a sufficient amount of detail the grammar, spelling, and word choice must improve before I would feel it appropriate to give your story a 5/5.

Even though some people say grammar/spelling makes no difference in the flow of the story, I and the majority of readers always find it difficult to read any document with errors. After all that's why published books are 99% error-free.

Congratulations on a substantial beginning and I look forward to reading new chapters.

pet_tigresspet_tigressalmost 17 years ago
Good plot but...

While you have solid plot with a sufficient amount of detail the grammar, spelling, and word choice must improve before I would feel it appropriate to give your story a 5/5.

Even though some people say grammar/spelling makes no difference in the flow of the story, I and the majority of readers always find it difficult to read any document with errors. After all that's why published books are 99% error-free.

Congratulations on a substantial beginning and I look forward to reading new chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
with interest

I love sci/fi and love the story. Don't worry much over grammar or spelling to me the story is the thing.

sweet_kittensweet_kittenalmost 17 years ago
Patience

Don't loose faith, you have a good story. I would suggest that you take time to develop it. Not as a short story on literotica but as a novel where you can spend much longer giving us a better picture of your characters. setting the story in the future is a great idea you have lots of freedom to make the story as you want it. I would like to see Donna with Lord wotsit for a longer time that way losing him would be much more tramatic. Keep up the good work and dont rush it!

smy3thsmy3thalmost 17 years ago
Good premise that needs more work

The story has a good premise or concept, and a number of good points, but it really needs a good editor and a lot more effort at refining it. The spelling and grammar have been mentioned and those are all very true, but there are also a lot of parts that just don't quite work, e.g. The city in a cave is hard to even imagine much less believe, and then she's looking at the stars from the garden of a house in the city in a cave? All of the problems are certainly very fixable with an editor to point them out. It could be really good story with a little more work, it just isn't there yet. All that having been said, I'm still looking forward to the next episode - the story itself is a good one and I enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous