All Comments on 'Slipping'

by Soazoldman

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry

But no matter what newspaper you wrap a fish in it still stinks.

when the husband has to suffer from saving his wife, her cheating really reeks of selfishness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bullet to my head

Never suffer the humiliation of being treated that way. Life is not worth the pain of knowing that you are not capable of making love to your wife and she seeks others for relief!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Need more stories like this

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How could he love someone he can't trust?

"It's just sex". Really? It's the most intimate act two people can share. Why be married if you're going to act like this? She can't be trusted. No way he does anything but divorce her. Bad, unlikable characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She might as well

Finish killing the guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
'it's just sex'

that is a funny excuse...no wait....not excuse...a funny confession.

if sex wasn't a big deal, why does society seem to care?

why bother getting married? men prefer hanging out with men, and vice versa, so why make your financial partner of the opposite sex?

why bother getting tested for STDs?

why do most divorces arise from lack of sexual intimacy, or sex outside the two spouses?

why does almost every spouse that uses this guiltless confession/crud excuse immediately suddenly get upset if they found out they were actually cuckolded first?

why bother having kids? why not just adopt. why is sex between two people important...ever? I guess we'll never know.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
So.AzOldMan, not bad for a first story. You are going to get slammed in the score. Not totally fair, but you sort of have it coming. Heres why and how to fix, if you want to try again in this category

Thanks for Sharing, I enjoyed it, but was a bit put off by the rushed ending,

First off, the conversation about sex and cheating needs to be before the cheating occurs. If it is not, then unlike in your story it needs to be like a half page discussion back and forth followed by some sort of release of the tension. Your treatment did not make it clear and believable that hubby's fears were allayed.

You can give the guy a way to get her off that isn't fucking, and let him preserve some of his dignity, such as a vibe or his fingers (she gets off OK with fingers with Andy the client). Here in LW the readers have had the benefit of having good writers who can explore sad things like this as well as any mainstream author, but bring the reader a reconciliation that doesn't seem rushed or forced. So you are up against a tough standard. Add in those that wont like any story with a prostitute who is married to a cripple, and you really are swimming upstream.

She seems like a nice gal in a tough spot, but you allowed her to breeze over the question of fidelity versus material goods (saving the house) without really letting him have a voice, That makes her look colder and conniving, and doesn't really give him a chance to have his voice heard. A story that does that to a nice guy crime victim isn't helping itself.

I thought you voiced her OK, maybe you meant to tone down the sex parts since it is mostly just a job for most of the gals. Slipping was a good title, and it was apt. If you made a clear distinction of how far down, and how it stopped there, and gave us a view of how he was able to reconcile to it, the story would have been better.

Thanks for having the stones to allow scoring and comments. Stories with out them are half offerings at best, and most such stories are significantly below average.

I hope you post in LW again, thanks again.

SoazoldmanSoazoldmanover 5 years agoAuthor
try to understand

This is a story based on a real person I knew thirty some years ago. We both worked at a hotel and her husband was injured in Vietnam. She worked as a cocktail waitress at the same hotel I worked, and as our friendship grew, between her, her husband and myself, she confided in me her story about turning three to four tricks a week. Absolutely, she loved her husband and I learned that sex, love and sexual satisfaction are not the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Its only a matter of time before he totally eliminates her main obstacle to a good life, . . .

himself. He'll probably finish what the gunman started.

Good writing. Dreadful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Seen both sides of that

When I was growing up an invalid neighbor guy lived with his adult daughter. She seemed to love to put up and take down her laundry washings topless. I'd see her go out Friday and Saturday nights with guys her age and come back REALLY late. She may have done that other nights, but those were the only nights I was allowed to stay up late. It wasn't until the old man died that I found out the old man was her husband. She was REALLY broken up when he died. I didn't get it at all at the time.

Two of my coworkers fell for each other and moved in together. She was BEAUTIFUL. It wasn't long after that that the female coworker came down with a degenerative disease and went down hill kind of fast. After a while she was let go. Once in a while, when he'd drove her over, I'd see her and chat. When she called, I started coming over to chat and help with her. Eventually, she confided in me that she gave her blessing to him to cheat on her. She told me because I was bound to find out about him straying on her and she didn't want me, or anyone else, holding that against him. She didn't want him resenting her because she could no longer be with hi physically. I never saw him step out on her but after a while I heard rumors about him at work. I squashed them as best as I could. Not a lot of understanding at work at that time. She eventually got put into a convalescent home and wasted away badly. She wasn't conscious for at least a year before I stopped visiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
True story - that's for sure

This story HAS to be autobiographical!

The richness of detail and depth of emotions can only come from one who's been there very recently, reminiscing while the afterglow is still shining.

Bravo and well done, for five stars.

And now that you've had the courage to finally open up, sharing with your readers your real desires, you can go ahead and freely explore more of yourself with the rest of us.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - i just do not like this story.

PyroPyroabout 1 year ago

Read this because of what you put in your bio about it. I have to say that I actually liked it. It was heartfelt and honest; not filled with fantasies of unreal breasts and oversized cocks. 5 Stars! Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSoazoldman@Soazoldman
I really enjoyed writing these stories and reading those from others, Many of my stories are related to my own experiences. My favorite that I wrote is "Slipping." It is, as I commented on it, about a young woman I met years ago who was married to a man, wounded severely in Vi...