All Comments on 'So, I Bought This Bike'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
I Love Your Story Telling****

Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

luedonluedonalmost 6 years ago
The Bi in Bike means two wheels, not three

You lean them in to go round corners, and they do it properly, thus avoiding blackberry bushes and all the strife that follows.

Lue

Das Kleine Wunder

gmann57gmann57almost 6 years ago

I hope your Ok now. Im 59 and took a 35 foot fall off a couple roofs and hit a deck rail then down a hill. broke all my ribs and have a Traumatic Brain Injury for my efforts. Lost hearing in 1 ear and a few more perks. I should be dead but Im to stubborn. Love to read your stories

patilliepatilliealmost 6 years ago
Glad you are well enough to write again

Always enjoy your slice of life stories. The "assists" you have been provided over time by various medical professionals is a bit unbelievable to me, but in smaller towns I guess anything is possible. You are a lucky man, but you might have used up your 8th life so... be careful.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 6 years ago
***

Rambling prose, yet oddly compelling. Halfway through, I wasn’t sure how this qualified as a Loving Wives tale. I’m still not sure, but I’m glad to have read it. I hope my life is as interesting at age 74!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 6 years ago
74 and riding a motorbike?

How the fuck did you quslify considering doctors, lawyers and insurance companies balk at allowing someone with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel operate motorized equipment. Old people die from breaking their fucking hips and you want us to believe you came through a motorbike accident just fucking fine? Bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for the ride

What a fun little story! Thanks for the few minutes of fun and for a woman who really is a “Loving Wife.” Oh, and whackanoodle, there really are a whole bunch of us 70-somethings out there on two (or three wheels). Sometimes we flip ‘em and most of the time we survive. You should try it sometime, it’s a lot of fun.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
@whackadoodle

I'm 72. Been riding motorcycles since returning home from Vietnam 50 years ago. I haven't laid one down in about 25 years or so but have had some close calls primarily due to inattentive automobile drivers. It is no stretch at all to believe someone is riding at 74. I ride a 2009 Harley Davidson FXDF and will continue to to do so as long as Father Time allows it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@whackdoodle

Dude, shut the he fuck up. My dad is 86 and still rides every day. Just because your feeble body is breaking down doesn't mean anyone else's is. I know many people who ride in their 70's and 80's. Some have switched over to the comfort of a Goldwing or and Electra Glide Ultra, but ride they do.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
SHE WAS A DEBBY AND NOT A DAISY

but he was half/crazy for the love of the bike built for two. TK U MLJ LV NV

prinnaveaprinnaveaalmost 6 years ago
Really?

Even your hospital stays become an adventure. LOL

I am just 10yrs behind you and haven't lived these kind of adventures. Not fair, I want a recount, I want a do-over! lmao

Really enjoy reading your stories, my mind can relate easily to them. 5*

I must pose this question though. Which is more dangerous? A teenager driving 60 mph on a 2 lane road while texting on a cell phone, or a 74+ person riding a Harley bike/trike? Hmm, teenager probably has friends in the car.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I get that you are older than Methuselah...

But would it kill you to try to remember your younger days, and write about young, interesting people? Or else post this crap in the "mature" section?

luedonluedonalmost 6 years ago
If you laid a Harley down, JusGr8

I'm surprised you got away with just a skin graph. Presumably the rider was on the X axis and the motorcycle on the Y axis.

Those things are like a car on two wheels. I preferred something nimbler. Better for avoiding blackberry bushes.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tag Usage

I don't understand people that come up with such stupid tags as "Bathroom Washed" or "Nurse Taking Care".

Who would ever search such a stupid tag or even know what it means?

Perhaps you could have used sponge bath or just nurse

If you are too stupid to use tags, I am sure that story was too stupid so I give it 1 star without reading it.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Tag usage???

I didn't use those tags, the administrators post those tags. Which means YOU "assume", and "assuming" is the 1st step up the ladder to a f**kup.

Still, reading the posts on some of these tales is really worth some laughs.

I do have to admit, your post is the 1st complaint about story tags I ever read??

Amazing how some people's minds work,... and how some... don't.

Funny stuff....

MGM

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
As Always a Pleasant Read

Though it certainly is not PC. I have to admit there is always in the background the

question of what else does Debra get up to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Safety of Trikes

Trikes, whether motor or pedal, would on the face seem safer than their two wheel brethren, and you do see many seniors in flat areas like Florida on them. However I know from talks at my bicycle club, if you are used to riding on two wheels, your basic instincts will get you into trouble if you lean into a turn, instead of putting weight on the outside wheel, well then that wheel is coming up and what happens next is, depending on your speed and the abruptness of the turn, you are rolling over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
STREAMOFCONSCIOSNESS/UNCONSCIOUS

Yeah, very hmmm...interesting.

Non-erotic senior humor?

What to make of this?.... Never mind, on to living...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ranting of an old man, who sees his life is passing by?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...