So Many Okay's

Story Info
Maya practices setting healthy boundaries.
2.8k words
4.29
2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You were right," Greg said after chewing his mouthful. "Rufino's is better than Mama Corlina's."

Maya nodded in a way that said, "Told you so,"as she took her own forkful. It wasn't a fancy place. A slightly sticky clear plastic sheet covered the red and white checkered table cloth. There were paper napkins in a cracked metal dispenser. Bread was served on a flimsy plastic tray and the slow moving ceiling fan cast weird shadows across the room. Greg had loudly hummed the Godfather theme song as soon as they sat down, which made Maya laugh even as she looked over her shoulder to see if the waiter had heard him. Still, there was no denying: THIS was some amazing Italian food.

It was Friday night. Their work week was done and they had no demands for the next few days. They should have been quite care-free, and their so-far light-hearted conversation might indicate they were. But, Maya's pleasant voice was covering some real anxiety. It wasn't yet to the point of tearing her apart from the inside, but it was steadily gnawing at her. She looked down at her plate where her fork moved a piece of pasta around a small puddle of sauce. "There's something I need to... talk to you about."

"Sure," Greg answered with a calm, neutral face. He held his own fork down to his plate, showing her that she had his attention.

She took a deep breath, "I don't want to live with you." She looked up at him, but his face told her nothing... so her eyes immediately darted back down. "I love my apartment. It's perfect for me and I worked really hard to be able to afford it and I don't want to give that up and... I don't want to be around you all the time. I mean, sometimes I do. A LOT of the time I do. You're great, but... I need, um... time to myself sometimes and I want to be able to just go home by myself or... um... yeah."

Her words had been steadily coming out faster and faster until she abruptly realized she had nothing more to say.

Greg nodded, making sure she really was finished, before he responded. "Okay."

She blinked, somehow unprepared for the simple answer. "Okay?"

He nodded once more, "Okay."

Maya's eyes squinted slightly, "What are you thinking?"

He paused to genuinely consider the question and give her a sincere answer. "I'm thinking... that probably wasn't easy for you to say... Guessing it probably took some real courage to speak your mind like that... um... Thank you for being so honest and I admire you for being brave."

Whatever she'd been expecting him to say, that was not it. Her mouth hung open for a beat, "Yeah."

He went on, "Look, Maya. I like you. I mean really like you and I really like being around you, but I care about you feeling comfortable. As far as I'm concerned, you can stay at my place as often as you want and when you don't want to, you don't have to. It's totally gonna be up to you. Okay?"

Maya laughed, a sweet but somewhat nervous laugh of acknowledgement, "Okay."

He nodded again before lifting his fork for another bite, "Okay." It's funny how many different things that one little word could mean. About a minute passed by before Greg started to sing, softly at first then quickly getting louder.

"I'm not talking bout mo-VIN IN

And I don't wanna change your life

But there's a warm wind blowin' the stars around

And I'd really love to see you tonight."

Maya's laugh was hard enough to melt her tension away. Suddenly, she felt great. "You... are a really terrible singer."

He bobbed his head in agreement and took another big bite. The rest of the meal was pleasant, playful... and easier as far as Maya was concerned. When their plates were taken away, Greg held eye contact, "So, two questions. Tonight... Do you want to go home?"

She considered, then shook her head, "I want to stay at your place tonight."

He smiled calmly, "Okay.

She matched his smile and, for a while, the two lovers just held each other's gaze. Then, she remembered, "What's the second question?"

"The IMPORTANT question... What do you want for dessert?"

*****

At Greg's house, they'd agreed on a movie called, "About Time," with Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams and Bill Nighy. Greg made Maya a mug of her favorite hot apple cider, which she cradled in both hands for its soothing warmth, sipping it slowly. They sat comfortably beside one another on the couch, not touching, but close.

The movie was quite good, and Maya was truly enjoying it, but there was something bothering her. It confused her at first, like an itch on the inside that she couldn't explain but that wouldn't go away. Part of her mind was distracted trying to figure it out. It wasn't until the slow piano music began to play over the credits that she was able to grasp it. Her anxiety quickly returned and her eyes fell to the floor.

Greg stood up and stretched his arms, yawning quietly. He noticed she hadn't moved, "Where you at?"

"I... um... I was wondering if... if you wouldn't mind if we... didn't have sex tonight."

His response was almost automatic, "Of course."

She looked up at him, not quite sure how to process that, "Really?"

"Yeah. Maya, I never want to pressure you into anything. It's always okay to tell me what you want... or what you don't." The way he said it was so casual, so matter-of-fact.

"Thanks for that."

"Do you... still want to be in the bed with me?"

She was sheepish, embarrassed, "Can I?"

"Absolutely. You're pretty great company in bed." It seemed that tonight he was particularly good at saying exactly the right thing to soothe her.

Maya got to use the restroom first. One of his tee shirts was already folded and sitting on the counter, waiting for her. He knew how much she loved wearing his shirts. The sight of it, knowing how sweet and thoughtful he'd been, made her melt a little. She removed everything except her panties and put the shirt on, taking a moment to observe herself in the mirror before she came out and sat on the side of his bed. Unofficially, but for all intents and purposes, it was her side of the bed since she'd slept on that side each time she stayed the night.

He took his turn in the restroom and came out with a slightly perplexed look on his face, "Would you feel more... comfortable if I stayed dressed?"

Her face scrunched in contemplation. He always slept naked. It was something they'd talked about before she ever came her. Making him change that didn't seem right. It didn't feel fair. "No... I'm Okay. Thanks for offering, though."

He nodded, "Absotively." He turned off the bedroom lights then faced away from her as his clothes came off and he tossed them into the hamper. She watched his back, lit by only by the light from outside the bedroom window. She never saw the front of his body as he slid under the covers.

Maya's heart was beginning to race. She did genuinely believe he wouldn't try to seduce her. She'd never once known him to lie to her, and he wasn't lying to her now... But there was something about knowing he could. He was so close to her and he was already naked. If he chose to have his way with her, she wouldn't be able to stop him. She looked up at the ceiling, trying to breathe slowly, to force herself to calm down.

"I had a dream about Rachel McAdams once."

She blinked rapidly and turned her head to look at him, "A good dream?"

"Meh," he shrugged against the pillows. "It must have been sometime after I saw The Notebook. I was lying on top of her and I kissed her but I could clearly see she wasn't into it. She wasn't even mad just like... totally uninterested in my existence. That's all I remember."

Maya burst out laughing. Again, he'd instantly and effortlessly melted her tension. "Okay. If Rachel McAdams WAS into you, who would you pick? Me or her?" The question was purely and harmlessly playful.

"I can't have both?"

"Can I have Domhnall Gleeson?"

"You kidding? Of COURSE you can. That hair. That sexy Irish accent. He's a WAY better catch than I am."

"Hmmm... I suppose."

"I know where I rank."

"Well, I still think I'll keep you anyway."

"Good, and I guess I'd take you over Rachel."

"You sure about that?"

Another shrug, "Pretty sure."

Under the blankets, Maya's hand found Greg's and their fingers interlocked. "Thank you for everything tonight."

"You're entirely welcome."

He was asleep before her. He'd significantly calmed her down but she wasn't relaxed yet. Her mind had a lot to process.She was in bed beside a naked man and sex hadn't been involved at all. This was a VERY new experience for her.

He'd been right at dinner. It wasn't easy for her to enunciate her discomfort and it had definitely taken some real courage to talk to him about it... But he'd listened. He hadn't made fun of her or made her feel guilty. He'd been patient and supportive of her boundaries. He'd been wonderful to her all night. Maya was starting to realize that Greg was not like any guy she'd known before.

*****

Maya moaned softly as she woke. She rubbed her head against the pillow and quickly discovered it wasn't a pillow. She was laying with her head against Greg's chest. Evidently, she'd cuddled up to him while she slept. She smiled without opening her eyes and stroked his bare torso with her hand. She did love the way his skin felt to her touch.

She was rubbing his abdomen when her hand found his morning erection. Goodness, his cock could get so hard. Instinctively, she wrapped her fingers around his shaft and started to stroke him. She moaned slightly again, enjoying the sensation of holding his manhood.

Suddenly, she felt his hand on her face, pulling her up to him. Her eyes opened wide as they met in a deeply passionate open-mouthed kiss. It was as though he were trying to suck her soul out through her tongue and it was exhilarating! She was fully awake now as he kissed her with such ferocious hunger.

Their bodies shifted so she was pressed up tighter against him, her hand on his hard cock between them. She stroked him as best she could, though she found the angle awkward now. It couldn't have mattered less. In no time at all, she felt the hot liquid gushing onto her hand and up the torso of her tee shirt. She could tell by feel there was a huge volume. She wanted to look down and see how much he'd come but his determined kiss had her attention rapt.

When his orgasm subsided, he pulled away from her, just enough so he could hotly breathe, "Get on my face. NOW." Both her eyes and her mouth would have opened wide, if they hadn't been already, by the startling urgency of his demand. She scrambled to comply though he was practically shoving her into position. Her knees rested on the bed, on either side of his head. She leaned forward to brace herself on the headboard. She hadn't even had the chance to take her sleeping clothes off, but that wasn't about to stop him. He opened his whole mouth around her mound through the fabric of her panties. "Oooh," she moaned as the fabric was instantly soaked.

He made a sort of a biting motion without using his teeth. The pressure this caused was fantastic. She reached one hand to her chest, squeezing her breast and nipple through the tee shirt. Her breathing steadily grew more ragged.

Eventually, Greg must have decided he was through with the panties as she felt his fingers push them to one side. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of him caressing her soaking wet lips. His hand quickly pulled away and moved to her waist. He forcefully pulled her down onto his face. She gasped loudly. His tongue managed to find her clit in an instant then glide up and down the length of her slit.

She rode his face then, hips moving back and forth in his grip, thighs squeezing onto the sides of his head. The motion was perfect and the pleasure so wonderfully intense as it built to her orgasm.

Maya shouted loudly when the moment came. Her entire body clenched as the wonderful feelings bombarded her. She shuddered and pushed her hips down hard several times to feel more of his magic tongue, then gently pulled away from him.

He was less gentle. His hands on her waist were tugging at her to move her back beside him. One arm wrapped around her body so he could embrace her to him. She aligned perfectly so he could kiss her mouth once more. She could taste herself on him, and she loved it. Incredibly sexy.

Greg's other hand moved to his own cock, still hard as stone. He was stroking himself now, furiously, with his closed fist. Her hand found its way to his chest. She kissed him deeply while he stroked. Again, it was hardly any time before she felt him come onto her hips and her tummy.

Their kiss pulled slowly apart and the couple lay idly for a moment in blissful, panting breathing. "I... guess you really needed that."

He managed a nod, "Yeah. Balls were feeling a little blue."

She grinned, "Feel better now?"

"Much."

"Good." She leaned in for another kiss, a light peck this time, "I'm gonna get in the shower." She scrambled out of the bed and tossed the messy tee shirt into the hamper then turned the nozzle to its hottest setting before she stepped inside. The water was perfect. She stood with her eyes closed, letting it pour down on her. She thought about Greg, obviously, processing the morning and the night before. He'd probably been expecting sex last night. He might have been looking forward to it all day long, anticipating. Then, she'd totally left him wanting. She knew how hard it was for herself to be horny without a release. She imaged it had been hard on him too. But, he'd been totally respectful of her. Hadn't pushed or even suggested anything sexual. He'd been wonderful.

Shower finished, she made her way into the kitchen, where a plate was waiting for her at the table. "Bacon breakfast burritos," he declared. "Didn't know how much salsa you wanted." He indicated the jar beside her food.

She sat down and began to help herself, "The service here is excellent. Five out of five stars. Will absolutely recommend."

"Happy to be of service." He took a bite from his burrito and looked contemplative, "So my mom had this tradition of buying us pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. Well, she got my sister pajamas. She just got me the pants, which I wore with a tee shirt."

"Fun tradition."

"It was. This one year she got me these blue plaid pants. Of course, they hadn't been washed and I didn't wear underwear with them so the dye got all over my legs. When I took them off, I LITERALLY had... blue balls."

Maya covered her mouth with a hand, lest she spit out her food. She forced herself to swallow before she burst out laughing. Clearly seeing what brought the story to mind, "That's great!"

"Yup. I was full AVATAR from the waist down. The shower was pretty interesting that day."

"I bet it was! Thanks for sharing that."

Maya and Greg ate then sat for a while in comfortable companionable quiet. She was ultimately the one to break the silence, "I'm gonna head home. Okay?"

He nodded, "Okay. I hope you have a great time to yourself today."

"Thanks. I'll do that."

Greg got up and walked to open the front door for her. Quite the gentlemanly gesture. "We'll talk... when we talk."

She smiled warmly, studying his sincere face. Still not an ounce of pressure. "When we talk."

*****

Maya walked into her apartment, her perfect-for-her apartment. She set her keys on the hook and looked around. A phrase from the movie last night came to her mind, "My extraordinary ordinary life." She sat down on the couch and started to ponder what to do with her day. She didn't have any projects that needed to be done. The place was clean. She didn't feel like watching a movie. For a time, she just sat there, content to be by herself in this place that was her own, no pressures and no demands on her. She did love getting to just sit there.

Altogether, she made it about two hours before she got out her phone and gave a call to a very considerate guy she'd seen only that morning.