All Comments on 'Sofia's Public Self Tie'

by writingsomethingnew

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A different approach.

If judicial punishment was like described, it could happen to anybody and it would feel like that. Please continue your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keep it up

One of the best writers on this site. Keep up the good work. Always looking forward to your latest work.

GentlemanMarinerGentlemanMarineralmost 4 years ago
Great story

Holy crap, I was so tense at the end I could hardly believe it. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with the protesters

Having the punishment conducted on the campus doesn't give the government a chance to show off its power. It should have been conducted on the property of a governmental entity, and with better crowd control. One cop can't do much against a horde.

I get the humiliation value in having the condemned stake herself out and tie herself up, but considering what else is happening, this can be dispensed with so that the government can again display its power over the individual. She should have been restrained more securely to an official device, such as stocks. By allowing her to lie on her back, she isn't as exposed as she could have been. Less embarrassment means less punishment.

Other than that, I liked the story.

-ex anti-Vietnam campus protester.

writingsomethingnewwritingsomethingnewover 3 years agoAuthor
@anon 1/20

Thanks for the constructive feedback. It really is exciting to get well reasoned criticism. I think you're underestimating the power the government wields here. The self punishments are a different kind of power. The government, with just a court order or letter in the mail, can make a woman go to a public place, strip naked, and tie herself down. It's not the biggest spectacle, but it's still power.

slvmstr81slvmstr81over 2 years ago

Just loved this story. The protest really added to the intensity. IF I can make a suggestion, making her masturbate in front of the crowd or having someone do that to her would really add to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told, it the premise of the story sucked.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wish there were more chapters to this story. I want to know what happens next. It sucks when I read a story that I enjoy and then it has an ending that leaves more to be desired.

I want to know what happens when Sofia tells Tony what happened.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwritingsomethingnew@writingsomethingnew
I appreciate all comments and private messages! If you pass on your email when leaving me a PM, I almost always reply. I especially love suggestions (for both content and style) and feedback so I can continue to grow as a writer and create better stories.