All Comments on 'Soft & Stone Pt. 03'

by literojohn

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
readerfeederreaderfeederabout 2 years ago

Argh, don't break my heart this way! Surely this isn't the end! Such an evocative, erotic story - maybe they run into each other years down the line and consummate their love together. One can only hope!

dnsontndnsontnabout 2 years ago

Heartbreakingly beautiful. Raw and real. Thank you for sharing literojohn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This ending was so sad and pathetic that I wish I hadn’t even read the story. Stone continued to act like a selfish horny prick and Luz continued to overlook his bad treatment and forgive him for using them and then basically ghosting their friendship. While I understand what Stone was feeling, his actions and resulting treatment of Luz were simply unforgivable. I picture Stone living a DL life, resisting his urges until he can’t anymore, using someone and trashing them, a new one each time - all the while hiding himself from his wife, family and himself. For Luz, I wish them the happiness they never found with Stone.

RobJasperRobJasperabout 2 years ago

Erotic coupling with beautiful writing but sad, sad ending. :(

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

All that build up for that ending?! Seriously?! Stone was selfish and took advantage of Luz.

ArayamaArayamaover 1 year ago

Sad ending but I'm a sucker for stuff like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't care what anyone else says; this story was fucking great. I'm sad to only have found it almost a year after you posted, but if you happen to see this comment, please know that you wrote something wonderful. You're incredibly talented and I wish you had penned more here.

I didn't find the ending sad. Melancholy, yes. Raw and real, for sure, but ultimately beautiful. This is a situation that I and many others have definitely been through - maybe not exactly, but that idea of two people who are so utterly perfect for one another but simultaneously so unbelievably wrong for one another. Stone was never going to stay with Luz, and Luz was never going to stay with Stone. There was too much working against them. Despite all of that they found a way to push past the fears, just for a beautiful and unlikely moment in time, before their ships continued to pass. I think that's amazing and much more believable than trying to justify that they'd figure something out.

Regardless, I hope that you continue to write and might present something again here in the future.

Birdragon25Birdragon259 months ago

I like the story, in a way the fate of Luz and Stone was sealed from the beginning, the moment Stone devoted himself to the Baptist Faith. Perhaps if Luz and Stone had met at an earlier time before his devotion to faith things would be different, but then neither Stone nor Luz would be the person they are in the story

People commented Stone is selfish and probably would live a DL life. But I think it's overlooking the fact that in the story Stone helped Luz to see how beautiful they are in a way really that only Stone can and did achieve.

Not all stories ends with a happy ending, this story is a masterpiece imho

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous