Solitude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe they still have work to do," was all he said.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way," said Annie, "but was all the sex necessary?"

"I've thought about that and my conclusion is yes. People have strong defenses against change; especially change that conflicts with their personal views. In the seventies, people like Timothy Leary used LSD to break down folks defenses and open their minds. Drill instructors use intimidation and exhaustion to the same end. Some college courses in human sexuality saturate the students with pornographic films to desensitize them and make discussing the course content easier.

"I think sex served a similar purpose for us. I understand there are only two fears we are born with, falling and loud noises. They're important for survival. I think there is a third driver of survival, reproduction. Sex. If the drive to reproduce, have sex, is satisfied then we are able to relax and become open to discussions about human, and our personal, feelings. Sex tired us out and opened our minds and hearts. It was a physical manifestation of symbolically destroying all the rules and taboos we brought from the other world. I don't think any of us, except possibly Lonnie, planned premeditated sex but without sex, I think we would have spent the week arguing and digging in; punching and counter-punching; without much progress. I think the results speak for themselves."

"One last question," said Annie, "do you think the results will last?"

"I don't know. Some will. Some may not. Maybe we'll need an occasional refresher course."

Annie laughed as she punched Bobby in the arm.