All Comments on 'Someplace Just South of the Moon'

by Tall78701

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Too good for the likes of me. That was a beautiful Loving Wives story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Typical. All the boomers are going to take up all the stars when they die leaving the rest of us with nothing but space trash all the while they tell us that we should have died harder.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you, what a wonderful story about true love. Brought tears to my eyes.

jamesapplejamesapplealmost 2 years ago

A wife who so loved her husband, she moved heaven to be with her man on earth.

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

This story expressed everything that love involves. That's a wonderful description! Love does not expire with death, but takes on a different form than the earthly one! Really well told. I felt comfortable in your protagonist! 5*!!!

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

This story expressed everything that love involves. That's a wonderful description! Love does not expire with death, but takes on a different form than the earthly one! Really well told. I felt comfortable in your protagonist! 5*!!!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

Very nice, a little sad but really a nice love story. More romance then LW, or even sci-fi.

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

What a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am glad I did not read this at work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

weird

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
5 plus chips

first part of story was my life to a tee, even the parts about the kids ! scary....we have been down here 5 plus yrs. and a few health scares later we hope to get our 20 yrs in the sun..loved this story .someplace just south of the moon will stick with me for a while ty

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Good one.

Very romantic.

Even though it was a little morbid.

Considering both were dead.

Physically.

Yet love goes on forever.

Thanks, Tall79701. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can relate to this fantasy, being a man in his sixties whose wife died a year and a half ago. I've said the phrase "this isn't how it was supposed to go" many times. Your story made me cry, but thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh my! How did something of this quality — both the writing AND the plot — sneak into this forum?

.

Nothing more to say but…just wonderful!

.

5 *****

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 2 years ago

Wow. Tears in my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you. I have Tear Drops in my Eys.

Friedrich from Bünde in Germany

roi@gmx.de

groaningbumpgroaningbumpalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful, sweet, simple story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Now I'm NOT trying to be a category Nazi, in fact I'm glad this is here, or I might have missed it, but this is NOT a Loving Wives story. It's Erotic Couplings, Romance, even Sci-Fi &Fantasy.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

One can only hope. D

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Age has a way of making you look at your life more clearly. Losing a spouse is devastating, losing a spouse after a long term marriage can be soul crushing and emotionally disabling. There is hope in this romantic tale, hope for the renewal of a lost life with the one person who is your everything.

Thanks for sharing.

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 2 years ago

Thank you. It was nice to take a break from the norm.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

It was a nice story, but not in the right category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

cute romance but he goes from so sad and depressed about the loss of his wife and it being his birthday to quickly being very eager to have sex with some 25 year old. Didn't flow for me but I get the point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Very Sweet, But Should Be In The Romance Category.

Just a nerd niggle, but if Stella/Coleen was capable of miracles, why did she need to give him Viagra? And the guy's just in his late sixties? He could easily find another love and live for 20 or 30 years, longer than many first marriages last. Kind of selfish for Coleen to take him now, she's got all eternity to enjoy him later. And for some reason the strained relationship with the children didn't fit the otherwise lovey/dovey well planned intelligent marriage and family he and Coleen raised. Did they alienate their probably queer son? If their daughter was ambitious and intelligent enough for med school what made her ditch her career? There are A LOT of mother doctors who are good at both, and a truly loving intelligent spouse would have worked with his wife to make their future successful.

Again, sweet, but kind of puzzling, especially in the LW category. What was the point, to get read, and comments? How's that working out for you? Whatever, thanks for the effort.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

I think there is a Romance category.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Really quite lovely. Thank you.

mainer42mainer42almost 2 years ago

just plain love this story and the way you told it. Refreshing and concise. Thank you

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful romance. Thanks!

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

If only. Stella by Starlight and cinco estrellas.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 2 years ago
Nice Flash Story

Saw it coming but what a good ride. Well done.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Figured it out immediately, but damn was that a great story of love. 5*

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

that was a pretty good read. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very sweet tale of enduring, eternal love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WRONG CATEGORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
An interesting and a fun read!

Wow, a short and a really fun story. I recommend! DerMtMan

ribnitinribnitinalmost 2 years ago

Good writing, very different. I don't know what to make of it.

UnassignedUnassignedalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story! He got the one gift he so desperately wanted, but could not ask for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To Anonymous. "WRONG CATEGORY". So what. I was a good read and fulfilling. Sit back. Grab a nice glass of wine & chill out!!

maedhros21maedhros21almost 2 years ago

Beautiful story, made me tear up. 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, very well written, with great plot and a real pleasant surprise for this category of stories!

We need more stories like this, in LW! I hope you will write and contribute more stories like this, for us to read and so enjoy!

Thank you author! 5 stars, shooting for 50!

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story, very romantic. Loved it! Thanks!

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

To you I say Bravo!!!

And to the whiny shits....maybe she fucked another star before he joined her! Happy now?

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Cute story, could have had a more expanded ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was solemn, sad,and beautiful all at once...

...and too goddam close to what I'm facing as I watch my love of 45 years losing herself to cognitive decline...

Sometimes life just sucks.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Interesting story. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Romance, smomance! She offed him with a blue pill and took him back to her place. Wives always get their way! 5+ on schmaltz and creativity!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Second star to the right, and on till morning. Hope I go there when I'm done here.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Very sweet, but definitely NOT LW. Tall# needs to read the foci of LIT’s categories. This is Supernatural… Romance would be second. Good wordsmithing. Would be a 5* in a proper category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am Alan’s age. My wife died years ago. She was a voluptuous redhead who was terrific in bed, but she always felt sorry for me — she wished I had had other lovers before her. She tried to convince me to have affairs, but I refused — I only wanted to be with her. I told her that if she wanted me to fuck another woman, she would have to choose my lover for me.

About a year after her death, a gorgeous brunette (a lot like Stella) entered my life. No Viagra needed — my new lover fucked me, sucked my cock, and titfucked me until my heart was healed. I will always believe that my guardian angel wife sent her to fuck my brains out, per my request.

Thanks for writing. What is heaven like? Well, some say it’s better than human beings can imagine. Thanks for sharing your imagination! Will heaven be better still? We’ll see, some day!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A truly loving wife, she came back for him when he needed her the most, and she'll be with him forever.

I wish real life was like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No matter what, I‘ma sucker fo such ones.

Damn yo bastard, five stars.

Captcha

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

Outstanding - bravo-zulu.... I hope I go out the same way if my wife leaves before me. On borrowed time as I passed 67 a few months back. But then again I've been on borrowed time since Nam, just before our time start.

\

6*, Hooyah, Salutes.... great originality

\

\

Curious why did you select Biscayne bay and not Galveston Island?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unique!

Tall78701Tall78701almost 2 years agoAuthor

Biscayne Bay because the high-rise condos face East. The moon rises in the East. Galveston does not have enough high-rise residential buildings, and the ones they do have, face south.

VersatekVersatekalmost 2 years ago

"Stella By Starlight"

Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Belongs in the fantasy category, LOL.

BTW, chaise longue if you want to use the French term. Translated it is literally long chair.

Americanize it and call it lounge chair, but please no bastardization.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 2 years ago

Ahh darn, I got dust in my eyes again, and they're watering like mad.

Beautiful, just Beautiful. The older I get the more sentimental I am. Loved your story, 5 Stars for you.

tarl009tarl009almost 2 years ago

A truly loving wife story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cue the Star Trek theme music and the resonant baritone of the late, great Leonard Nimoy...

Psychosis...the final frontier. These are the persisting delusions born of isolation, depression and dementia in Alan's tortured mind. Their unanticipated impact, to resurrect his beloved wife and provide him comfort until he, too, departs the known universe and begins to explore brave new worlds...

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable story. Thanks for your writing.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

Well done!! Love the twist ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nothing wrong with a little sci-fi romance sneaking into the loving wife’s category. After all fetish, group sex, etc. frequently barge in.

bluesBucketbluesBucket4 months ago

If only that could happen. I would take that in a heartbeat. Sad but beautiful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTall78701@Tall78701
12/4/2023 Our next story is scheduled to be released today. Reading a letter to Dear Abby in last week’s paper inspired our most recent submission. The letter delt with a wife writing Dear Abby wanting to know if it was normal for her husband to “please himself” on a daily b...