Something New Ch. 01

Story Info
A middle aged woman finds love with a younger man.
1.3k words
4.01
11.1k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I felt all dried up. Finished. Which was really stupid. I'm only 58, I have a long way to go. Yes, I'm older, but there are plenty of older vibrant folks out there.

I should get back into Yoga. Go to a Soul Dancing event. Keep moving. OK I'll do that.

That's when I met Dave. I wasn't really looking for anyone, really, just minding my own business and checking my email sitting in a local Starbucks.

I'm divorced with one 21 year old son away at college, and other than my dog Puffin who is the world's greatest pug, it's really pretty quiet around here.

I work as a real estate investor in a small office near my house, and just have one assistant Angie who is terrific and has been with me for years. Not only is she smart and efficient, she is also one of my most trusted friends. Basically, other than arguing with my ex-husband, life is pretty good.

I had just hung up after arguing with my ex about politics again (his views are just to the right of Attila the Hun), sitting in the Starbucks, minding my own business when Dave said, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" It was crowded, but he could have found somewhere else if he wanted to, but what I heck, I said, "No, feel free."

He was cute, tanned, with a nice body and a nicely trimmed beard. He looked to be in his early 30's. He had on a Coachella T shirt on and sandals. Nice feet too. Don't ask.

He started talking to me and eventually asked for my number. "I don't think so. I'm too old for you."

"No you're not, you don't look anything over 40."

"Well, I'm much older than that. "

"Look, I just want to get to know you better. I haven't lived here long and don't know that many people."

"OK." I reluctantly gave him my cell number and then I said, "Look, I have to go."

"Bye Wendy!"

"Bye!"

I cannot believe this. To my surprise I found myself thinking about him in the coming days, and a few days later he called.

He took me out to a really nice fish dinner up in Malibu on the coast. We had a few drinks and generally had a fun time.

He worked as a contractor and had recently moved from Las Vegas and said he didn't really know that many people in LA. He was really very good looking, and I figured, what the hell, life is too short to be alone.

We saw each other often in the new few weeks, and got along really well. He made me laugh, and made me dinner, and other than tiring me out sometimes, things were great. We got along in the bedroom too, he was a thoughtful and considerate lover and was very gentle and sweet, in and out of the bedroom.

He lived alone in a pretty, small house not far from me in Culver City that he had remodeled himself. Even my dog Puffin liked him, and she is really picky.

Then he suggested we visit his mom in Las Vegas where he used to live. I really didn't want to go, but he persisted, and we arranged for a long weekend away. His mom lived there alone, and he had no brothers or sisters. His dad had passed away from a heart attack some time ago, and it was just the two of them now.

We got there on Friday night after fighting the traffic, and stayed in a pretty hotel near his mom's place. We had some fun Friday night, and Saturday we were supposed to go over to his mom's place for lunch.

We got there a bit late. I was fussing over what to wear, and I could tell immediately upon meeting Louisa that she was not impressed.

She scanned me up and down like a middle school mean girl, and when she thought I was out of earshot, she said to Dave, "What are you doing with an old lady like that? Can she even have kids anymore? You'll never make me a grandma. And she dresses like a kid!" I heard every word, and my heart sunk. I felt awful.

I made it through lunch, which was delicious but I hardly tasted it. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

Driving on the way back to our hotel, we had a major blowup. I said, "I told you I am too old for you! Your mom hates me! You made me feel like an idiot!"

He said, "Don't worry about my mom. She's all bark and no bite. She'll come around, and even so, she doesn't tell me how to run my life."

"But where is this going?" I said. "Why do you want to be with me?"

"Wendy, I care for you and we get along really well. What is wrong with that, age is just a number, and besides, you look great!"

"I just don't understand why you don't pick on someone your own age. You are good-looking, you have a decent job. Why me?"

"The women my age bore me. They only want to get married and have kids, and I'm just not ready for that. Maybe I'll never be. We both are committed to our jobs, to our lives; and both really want the same things."

"Well, I don't want to be made a fool of in front of your mother."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her. Besides, we'll hardly ever see her, we live in LA and Las Vegas is five hours away."

I just gave him a look that said you are out of your fucking mind and then didn't say another word.

When we got back to the hotel, I took a nice long shower, but I could hear through the door that he had called his mom.

"Mama, you have got to be a lot nicer to Wendy. She is great, I really care about her, and you just can't ruin things for me. I have no one in LA I can really talk to. I am not going to move back there, I told you that. If you want to move to LA that would be fine, but I just can't take Las Vegas anymore. It's way too hot in the summer, and I'm much happier now. We could get you an apartment near my house, whatever you want but please, mama!"

I couldn't hear what she said, but I was very happy he stuck up for me.

After that, things went back more or less to the way they had been. We got together a couple of times a week, and went on the occasional weekend away, too, to Santa Barbara, or Catalina, or drove up to the mountains or up the coast.

One afternoon he dropped by my office to pick up some paperwork for a house I sold him that he was renovating, and planned to sell it when he was done. I found it for him, and recommended that he look into it. He really liked the house, although it did need quite a bit of work. He thought he could really make something appealing out of it, and make a tidy profit at the same time. My assistant Angie was there, and her eyes nearly dropped out of their sockets when she spotted him.

"So that's the famous Dave. Wow!"

I just smiled.

"Just be careful, OK?"

"What, can't I date someone younger? Men do it all the time, and no one says a thing about that!"

"I know but I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

But I had to admit her instincts, as usual, were spot on.

One Monday morning early after staying at Dave's place for the weekend, Wendy caught a glimpse of herself in a store window walking to her car. She was glowing, and hardly recognized herself. Her grey/blonde hair shone in the sun, and she looked more fit and energetic than she had in years. Even the subtle laugh lines around her eyes added character. Her blue/green eyes sparkled in the sun like emeralds. ~ to be continued