Somewhere Else in Time

Story Info
A LIT 25 story about a second chance at love.
2.3k words
4.38
6.2k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jorunn
Jorunn
89 Followers

This is my Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge story.

This story is a work of fiction, as are the characters and events. All characters are over the age of 18.

**********

25 Years Ago

**********

It was the end of August, and I would be leaving tomorrow to return to college for my senior year. I had put away and organized the gardening tools, just as Mia liked them, and was waiting for her inside the new gardening shed here at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. There was but a single window, but it did not point in the direction from which she would approach.

When I saw the Help Wanted ad for a gardener helper on Mackinac Island earlier this year, I decided to apply. My family had vacationed on the island for many years. We could not afford to stay at the Grand Hotel, but rented a cottage further away on the water, and my memories were mostly happy, except for a few issues at times with my twin sister. But we had gone to separate colleges, and I rarely saw my sister anymore, except at holidays.

Mia was the head gardener at the Grand Hotel, in her early forties, but due to her physical outdoor work, she looked much younger. I had learned many things from Mia over the summer, about growing and caring for flowers, and about sex.

When I arrived in May, I was disappointed to learn how slow the pace of life was here on the island. It was one thing to visit for a week, do the different things on the island, and then leave, but quite another when all the different things became the same things you did last week.

I would take solo bike rides around the island, and one Sunday, Mia came up behind me and said hello. We rode together for a while, and then she pulled over at the start of a little path into the woods that I had overlooked and ignored. She led me along the path, single file, and we emerged at a small secluded cove. It was a beautiful spot.

We sat on the pebble shore and talked for hours. Mia lamented the lack of single men her age on the island among the seasonal and permanent residents. Many were retired couples or families. She challenged me to stone skipping, thinking she had the advantage of living on the island, but I had made the most of my childhood visits, and managed one rock with eight skips.

As the weeks passed, Mia and I went biking as often as we could, and started hiking into the hilly center of the island. Mia seemed to know the names of every wildflower, and where to find them, and when they bloomed. Mia had a great attitude on life, and could be seriously funny at times.

I had, of course seen Sunset Rock, but never stayed for the sunset because the trail was difficult to find, in both directions, and feared it would be especially so after dark. One evening, Mia invited me there to watch the sunset, and as the fading rays no longer cast their glorious colors onto the clouds, Mia took my hand, and we kissed.

Using flashlights, we quickly found the way back to our bikes, and peddled back to the hotel in the fading twilight. Mia led me willingly to the gardener's shed and we had sex in the darkness. Our hands substituted for our eyes, as we completely explored each other's naked bodies. Over the summer, we met often in the gardening shed, each time as special as the first.

The door to the shed opened, and I blinked from the brightness surrounding the lean, backlit figure. As my eyes adjusted, I could see the smile on her face. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail, and was dressed in Levi jeans and a white T-shirt. She looked more like one of the other young helpers than the head gardener.

As she stepped inside and closed the door, she latched the door from inside, using the hook I had installed back in June.

"It was a hot one today," said Mia. "I'm really sweaty and dirty."

"So am I, Mia. But I'm leaving tomorrow, and after all the hard work we did together this summer, that's the way I want to remember you."

Mia crossed her arms and grabbed the hem of her T-shirt, pulling it up over her head. As she removed her bra, I marveled at the shape of her perfect, round breasts, which showed no sign of age.

"Well, don't just stand there watching me, Dennis, take your clothes off too!"

I kicked off my shoes, then didn't bother unbuckling my belt. A summer of outdoor work had hardened my body, and my jeans were now really loose, so I simply pulled them down and stepped out of them. As I pulled my T-shirt up over my head, Mia's hand touched my chest.

"Do I get some credit for sculpting your perfect body?" she asked.

"Do you mean from gardening, or from something else?"

She replied, "I mean from something else."

Mia hugged me, pressing her small breasts against my chest. My head bent down, and our lips met. I closed my eyes, as I did not need them, because I had spent so much of the summer looking at Mia's wonderful body and burning it into my memory. Today, our last day until next summer, I wanted to focus on each of my other senses.

The softness of her lips. Her hands on my bare back. My hands rubbing her smooth shoulders and back. The natural smell of her hair and body. Her soft cooing and passionate whispers. The playful dancing of our tongues.

We broke our embrace, and I spread out a tarp on the wooden floor of the shed. The floor was hard, so I laid down first. Mia knelt beside me and grabbed my rapidly rising cock with her hand.

"I'm going to miss this cock," she said.

"Just my cock?" I laughed.

"Your cock is like a gardening tool. They all look the same until used. Only then can you tell the skill of the user."

"You taught me well this summer," I replied.

"And I am glad you put yourself into my hands", she laughed as she began stroking my cock.

I reached my own hand out and rubbed her firm ass cheeks, then stretched my fingers out, but my arms were not long enough for me to reach between her legs. She shifted closer, and I slid my hand beneath her pussy. She was already getting wet as I explored her folds.

"I'm ready," said Mia, as she swung her leg over and mounted me. She held my cock and rubbed the head against herself. The sensations were so wonderful, I was unsure whether this felt better than penetration, but I would find that out soon enough. I reached up with my hands and cupped her small breasts, my thumbs teasing her erect nipples.

All summer, I deferred to her much greater sexual experience, and there was no reason to change that today. She rose up onto her knees and positioned my cock at her entrance, then began lowering herself onto me. As she slowly slid down, taking my cock into her, she would occasionally pause.

I looked up and saw that her eyes closed, as if her mind were taking her to another place and time. I closed my eyes and drifted back to the flower beds here at the Grand Hotel when I first saw Mia. The personnel lady had taken me to her as Mia was preparing a flower bed for planting. Mia was on her knees, facing away from me, and I could not help but stare at the perfect ass wrapped in her tight jeans.

My mental vision of her was interrupted when Mia whispered, "You can start now." By chance, these were the same words she first spoke to me at the flower bed. I began gyrating my hips, using muscles that had been trained and strengthened by her all summer. I began slowly. There was no need for speed. This was for pleasure, for both of us as the soft flesh of our loins rubbed against each other. We went on for much longer than usual, and I dropped my hands to my sides, using them to assist my hips.

I could tell Mia was ready for more, when her pussy rose up the top of my cock. She was letting me rest, so I lowered my hips back to the floor, and she followed me down. It was her turn to move. She began her sensual and fantastic up and down motion, sliding her pussy along my cock. I could feel her squeezing against me, clasping, and teasing me with her skilled inner muscles, trying to pull my cock away from me.

It felt so wonderful, and I was so lucky to be with Mia. I was getting close to my orgasm, and fought back my twitching cock. I watched as she rode me, our eyes meeting, her lips smiling. She could read my face, and feel my cock throbbing, and she wanted the same thing as me. She lowered her left hand to her mound, and I watched as her fingers slid down to touch her clit.

"Ohhhh!" she yelled. "Ohhhhh!"

I could hold back no longer. "Oh, Mia!" Neither could she. I felt her inner muscles ripple against my pulsing cock, and we climaxed together. When we had finished, she fell forward onto my chest, and we lay there. I had never been happier in my life. But Mia was 25 years older than me, and I knew we would not be together for much longer.

Mia looked up at me and said, "I have to meet the horse-drawn wagon bringing in gardening supplies soon, and I doubt I will see you later tonight. I hope you will take the same job next year. Come back to me."

**********

25 Years Later

**********

It was early October, and by chance, I saw a click bait story pop up on a web page, about the Grand Hotel. They were having a celebration for their head gardener, who was retiring at the end of the month after 50 years of service. There was a photograph. It was Mia! She was older, and her hair had turned a silver grey, but there was still a sparkle in her eyes.

One of the regrets in my life was not returning to Mackinac Island after I graduated my senior year, but I had an excellent job offer, and decided to take it instead. I never forgot about Mia, but assumed she had moved on with her life, and found a new young gardener helper that summer. The article mentioned that Mia had lived on the island for the entire 50 years, and had never married.

Should I go to Mackinac Island and try to see her? I doubt she would remember me after all this time. I thought back to 1998, just a few years after they filmed the movie, 'Somewhere in Time'. Is time travel even possible? I decided it was worth a try.

I found my old Levi's jeans, and could barely fit in them anymore, so I began working out and dieting. I still had my old white T-shirt, though now covered with paint splatters. I began watching for money dated prior to 1998, and had accumulated everything I needed to make my attempt. I had a week before the Grand Hotel closed for the season, and if my time travel failed, I might still be able to see Mia.

Taking the ferry across to Mackinac Island, the Grand Hotel stood timeless as always. Dressed as I was, there was no way for me to enter the grounds through the front entrance, so I snuck around to find a sheltered spot, then dashed to the gardening shed. It was much as I remembered, the tools now rusted and worn, but tidy and organized just the way Mia liked. The little hook I had installed on the inside of the door was still there.

I laid down on the floor of the shed, and ran the premise of the movie through my mind. Time travel could be achieved entirely by force of will. I needed to will myself into the past by convincing myself that it was 1998. I closed my eyes, cleared my mind, and drifted back to 1998.

"What are you doing in my shed!" yelled a woman's voice.

I turned, and saw that it was Mia, just as I remembered her back in 1998. I had done it! It was 1998 and I was there.

"Mia, I have come back to you, just as you asked."

"And just who the FUCK are you?" she yelled.

"I am Dennis. I came back from twenty-five years in the future. I did it just like in the movie."

Mia's jaw dropped, and she walked towards me. She touched my face, and then recognized me. "It is you. It's impossible. You left the island as a young man, just a few weeks ago."

I said, "I am here now, and seeing you again, I realize how much I missed you. We're almost the same age now. I love you, and want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh, Yes!" she replied. Mia turned around and latched the door from the inside as I spread the tarp out on the floor.

**********

25 Years Later (again)

**********

It was early October, and by chance, I saw a click bait story pop up on a web page, about the Grand Hotel. They were having a celebration for their head gardener, who was retiring at the end of the month after 50 years of service. There was a photograph. It was Mia! She was older, and her hair had turned a silver grey, but there was still a sparkle in her eyes. And I was standing next to her!

THE END

Jorunn
Jorunn
89 Followers