All Comments on 'Sort of Legal Ch. 14'

by dididothat

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 5 years ago

Seems this short chapter would probably have been better off added to Chapter 13. Also, really good action scene with the search and rescue, but it read like a Vietnam War scene with all the popping smoke. I would think that with advanced technology, every piece of equipment and every Marine would be electronically tagged so they would know everyone's precise location. Finally, I liked the part where they escorted Ronan to the morgue, that was nice.

dididothatdididothatabout 5 years agoAuthor
Reasons

Hi ZZ,

Sorry its short, I kinda write that way, it comes then it goes. You made good comments regarding technology and stuff, and I am glad you mentioned them. I didn't want to have the team tagged, the idea being if they can be tracked by friendly forces they can be tracked by enemy forces, that was my thinking there. As for the smoke, well, I like the line 'popping smoke' sounds cool. LOL. But I also like it as an identifier, after all it can't be hacked. I was also playing with the idea of them 'lassoing' (as they did in the film "secret solders of Bengazi") but as it was day time that wouldn't have worked.

I am really glad you liked the action scenes, I try to make them authentic. I am always striving to make them understandable but confusing as the protagonists only have a small view of the action.

I've seen teams insist on taking their fallen right the way to the morgue, it's the right thing to do. Heartbreaking.

Thanks

Stacey x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What's next

When will the next chapter be out

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Narwhals?

Any updates? A week, month, two? Sick of people asking? Writing under a different name? Busy doing government stuff? Ironing the neighbors feet? Baking cookies? Learning Russian? Breeding champion narwhals?

MarshallaMarshallaover 4 years ago
To ZZ ...

Would you want to be electronically tagged? I sure as hell wouldn't. Not even to find my corpse on the battlefield. The fuck would I care if I died there fighting.

As for those I fought alongside, I know they'd mourn, until I came back to haunt them. In a good way.

On the battlefield, Marines, Soldiers, Seamen and Airmen die. Just part of the job, and inescapable. It's up to those who survive to keep the memory, and the love they have for those lost, alive in their hearts.

I anxiously look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is there any more to this addictive tale?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous