Sparrows Need Engineers

Story Info
You can't be 'Normal' and that's ok.
22k words
4.72
15.6k
39

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 01/03/2023
Created 07/31/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tuegrin watched the man in front of her lose his excitement, his eagerness draining as the once proud and erect shape deflated down to a flaccid shadow of what it once was.

"I'm not gay." He said curtly as he picked up his pants and slid one leg inside.

Tuegrin covered her own shaft, using her forearm to press it to her midsection and cupping her balls in her fingers. "It's..." she stumbled over her words as she tried to regain her composure, the night taking a different turn from what she had planned. "It's not gay...I still have a vagina, my planet doesn't even have the idea of gay or straight. I cou-"

"Ya well humans do!", he cut her off as he finished forcing his other leg through the pants he was yanking up to his waist and beginning to cinch the belt. He grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head, "You should've said you had a dick," he briskly stepped towards the door, grabbing his shoes and then reaching for the handle. "This is," his face twisted in anger and shame, "Just, no." he murmured as he slammed the door.

Tuegrin covered her breasts with her other arm, pursing her lips and wondering if she was in the wrong or if she should have said something. 'What am I supposed to say? Hey I have a cock, you down with that?' she thought, then turning away from the door and reaching for her underwear, somehow feeling dirty and embarrassed in her own skin. 'We don't even have gay, what the fuck.' She said quietly in her own mind.

Tuegrin pulled her sports bra back over her head and over her breasts, looking in the mirror after she did so and seeing her reflection looking back at her. Her futanari figure standing in the dim light of the lamp in the hotel room, she looked at her dark brown hair undone and in a mess around her face, her golden eyes looking like dazzling pools of amber that almost glowed in the low light. She turned her eyes away from the reflection, wondering why she chased after human males. Why not just settle for her own kind, she could probably find someone with a figure she liked, it'd be easier than the constant rejections in these sleezy space port bars.

She huffed in exasperation and sat on the bed, wondering if she should just call it a night and get some rest for the last leg of the journey tomorrow.

The next day came and Tuegrin stepped onto the ship that would fly her to the planet where she had been offered a job after school. She sat down in her seat and buckled her belt, waiting for the shuttle to seal itself closed and pressurize the cabin. She looked around and inspected the other passengers for a moment before looking down and reaching into her bag. Pulling out the tablet and swiping her finger across it, then typing the pass code in to unlock it and read any emails that may have come in pertaining to the new job she was heading to.

Seeing one in her inbox, she clicked it and read what the companies' personnel resources had sent to her.

'Dear, Tuegrin Mahy.

Again, thank you for accepting our offer and joining the team, we look forward to having you onboard and part of the Cargo Crafts team. As an entry level engineer, you'll be assigned to work alongside a pilot that we think will fit best with you and your preferred craft. You indicated that you most enjoy working with the:

Oak 3347 Class

On this vessel, you'll be tasked with ensuring engine and electronic compliance with the safe space flight act of the United Conglomeration of Planets.'

Tuegrin lifted her head as she heard the door seal and the pressurization begin, her ears twitching to the high-pitched buzzing of the system working to ensure the craft was safe and ready for travel. She watched the in-flight engineer walk from the back of the cabin and head towards the flight controls pit, then stopping and turning around to face them.

"Thank you for flying with us today, we're looking at a two hour trip, so no in-flight snacks or bevis'. We'll get you there safe and unharmed though, if you need anything, feel free to move about the cabin to the restrooms to relieve yourself or stretch your legs if you must."

Tuegrin watched as the engineer turned around and went into the adjoined controls pit, closing a door behind themselves after entering. She was glad she wouldn't have to make speeches like that as an engineer for a cargo company, looking back down she scanned the email. Trying to skip over the copy and paste company letter talk and get to the pertinent information.

'Once you complete employee orientation, please report to resource management and accept your assignment with craft and pilot.

Thank you, and welcome to the team!'

She looked through the rest of her inbox and when she didn't see any other new messages she closed out and locked the tablet again. Sliding it back in the bag and looking out the window, seeing the stars and galaxies out side, shimmering in the darkness, magical and cold. She nestled in her seat, wondering if she could pass the time with a nap, but finding she was too awake and excited about her new job and new life.

Tuegrin completed her orientation and walked through the doors of resource management, looking at the line of service windows in front of her and wondering who she should talk to.

A petite woman walked up to the service counter and looked at Tuegrin, "Hey sweetie, can I help you?"

Tuegrin approached the counter and smiled, "Hi I'm a new employee and was told to report here after orientation."

"Oh well that's wonderful!" the small woman said, "Well I'm Janny, welcome aboard and happy to have ya."

Tuegrin smiled and tried to look as positive as Janny did but was being out done by the shimmering smile of the bubbly petite woman.

"Ok can I get your full name and your I.D. card so I can bring you up in the system, dear?"

Tuegrin reached into her pocket, pulling out her wallet and sliding out her I.D. card, "Tuegrin Ahhal Mahy."

Janny looked at the I.D. and used it to type in her name on the computer, "I can just use the I.D. for the spelling but I like to hear the pronunciation so I don't get it wrong myself." she said with a smile. She looked over the info on the card and got down to the bottom, her eyebrow perking up as the little piece of information jumped out to her.

'Species: Futri'

Janny put the card on the counter and began typing away, her fingers almost a blur as the smile on her face shined. Looking back to Tuegrin she leaned on the counter and pouted slightly, "I'm sorry dear, the Oak class has been filled." She twisted her lips in an over exaggerated disappointed frown.

Tuegrins face turned into one of shock, thinking she was guaranteed a spot with the vessel of her choosing and wondering if there was a clerical error. "But- What does that mean for me?!" she said with hesitant worry, feeling like something wasn't right in the situation.

"Well Darlin, not a lot of options but if I could make a recommendation?" Janny said as she leaned in closer. "The Sparrow class is a lot better, and I got one spot left with them?"

Tuegrins eyes filled with disappointment, the older and smaller class ship wouldn't boast her resume any. She was sure the avionics and entire system would be clapped out and a constant pain to keep in check. Plus she didn't receive nearly as much training on the smaller system and was wondering if she'd even be up for the task. "Is there anything else, Sparrows... not really what I was hoping for."

Janny nodded her head, "Girl, I get it, I really do," She shook her head and returned her gaze with pouty eyes. "But we got nothin else at this time, can I put you with the Sparrow class for now? Then if an Oak one opens, I'll call you and see if you'd wanna move over?"

Tuegrin sighed and resolved to taking what she was offered, not wanting to make a fuss out of the change and have her first day be one of anger and giving the wrong impression of her character. "Ya, ya that's fine I guess. But please, as soon as a slot opens let me know!"

"Well of course dear, I'll call ya right away, now lets see who the pilot is!" Janny went back to typing away on the computer, humming and swaying her hips as she seemed all too eager. "Oh, Jerec, he's a great pilot and easy to get along with!" she said with a smile as she turned the monitor to face Tuegrin.

Tuegrin looked and saw a young and disgruntled face looking back at her, his hair pulled back and a look that clearly stated he did not work well with others. She grimaced for a second before trying to look happy about her new coworker that she would be spending most of her time with.

"Oh this pictures pretty old, we need to update it. I promise he doesn't have the angsty rebel scowl anymore!" Janny said as she turned the monitor back to face herself, "Now he's out on a drop but he'll be back tonight and ready for another delivery tomorrow, did they tell you how time off works?"

Tuegrin nodded her head but had a confused look on her face, "They said it was really between the pilot and engineer on when they would take cargo runs and take time off."

"Correct, you and Jerec will decide together on whether you're taking a load and making a delivery or taking the next day off. Jerec doesn't take a lot of days off so you'll have to be firm with him if you want a day to relax, he's always go go go." Janny said with a slight head shake and disappointed frown.

"Ok, what do I do while waiting for him?" Tuegrin asked.

"The company has a number of bunk rooms we'll set you up in, so take the night to collect yourself in this new place and then bright and early tomorrow morning you'll meet him at his

bay."

"And which ones that?" Tuegrin asked quickly.

"214!" Janny said as she looked at her, not having to reference the screen for the pertinent information, "He'll be loading at seven sharp so make sure you're there or he'll leave you behind!"

Tuegrin nodded her head and made a mental note of the time, dead set on being there early and not getting left in the bay due to sleeping in.

Janny leaned over the counter and whispered to Tuegrin, "Now Jerec can be a little...rough...He's a good guy, but he just doesn't have any people skills usually. Well has but doesn't use people skills, he's pent up in that ship a lot, don't be afraid to be firm with him. You might hurt his feelings for a bit, but he'll be happier if you just tell him what you want. Ok?"

Tuegrins eyes narrowed as she listened to Jannys advice, giving a sympathetic nod and responding, "I got it, firm, but not too harsh, right?"

"There you go girl!" Janny said with a beaming smile.

The two finished talking and Tuegrin got a key for an overnight bunk room, then left to calm down from the long day of orientation and paperwork. Janny hit the save button and turned around to find her coworker watching her with a curious look on her face.

"Janny?"

"Daian?" Janny responded.

"Girl, what are you doin?" Daian responded while folding her arms.

Janny had a slightly shocked look on her face, "What're you talking about?"

"You know we have three Oak class ships ready for new engineers."

Janny shook her head with a perplexed look on her face, "...I just think she'd fit better on a Sparrow."

Daian raised an eyebrow and paused for a moment, wondering what on earth the bubbly office worker was thinking. "Fine, not getting into it, but if she comes back with a bitch fit it's on you. You know that boy doesn't work well with any guy or girl we put with him."

Janny let a wry smile slip across her lips, "Oh you're right," she said under her breath, "Then I bet he'll get along fine with this one."

The next morning Tuegrin made her way towards the shuttle bays, exiting the lift and walking towards the sealed doors that separated the office side with the labor side. She read the warning on the door stating it was an industrial area and required hearing protection, she found ear plugs in a box near the door. Opening a pack and putting a set in, she grabbed another handful and shoved them into the pocket of her work pants.

Her attire was a baggy red jump suit, red signifying sparrow class, reflective safety lines adorned the knees and elbows and ran around the collar of the suit. Deep pockets on the hips and thighs ensured she had enough room to carry pens, paper, some simple tools, and her comms device.

She walked out of the door and then looked around in awe for a moment, taking in the sight of a massive shuttle hanger with a large opening to her right. The flight deck had to be a mile long, ships of all classes dotting the area with personnel and cargo movers zipping all around. She looked up as she heard the creaking of metal and whining of engines, seeing an Oak class vessel she had been enthralled with beginning to leave the hanger. Her mouth opened in awe for a moment as she watched the lift engines keep it afloat in thin air as the rear thrusters powered it to the opening. Its daunting white hull catching the first glimpse of the morning sun and reflecting it back onto the hanger walls. She wondered if it would be delivering cargo to the outer reaches of the continent or leaving the atmosphere to retrieve supplies from incoming space vessels.

"Hey cleansweep, you gotta start steppin or you'll get rolled on!" a man in a forklift said as he cranked the machine to go around her.

"Shit-" Tuegrin said as she took a step to get out of his way, "Hey, bay 214!?" she yelled.

She saw him point towards the front of the hanger, "Start hoofin!" he replied.

Tuegrin nodded and puffed her chest slightly, starting to briskly walk down the line of shuttles and empty bays. She looked at the different classes of ships and remembered the engine and wing setups from her craft works program that she took in advanced engineer school. She wondered for a moment if she'd really be able to do this, to pass the test in school and complete the hands on training was one thing. But now she'd be responsible for her own life and her pilots, what if an engine cut and they fell out of the air? What if an oxygen line split and filled the hull, causing them to explode and careen to the dirt in a firey explosion, what if she wasn't able to keep up with all of this?

'No, I got this, remember your training, the engines run off the same principle, the wings are different, but the same air goes underneath. I can do this no matter what ship they put me on.' she thought to herself.

As she reaffirmed her confidence, she looked down at the bay she was next to, seeing the yellow painted numbers on the floor, '214'. She realized she was at her bay and with a line of jitters and electricity she raised her head to look at the Sparrow. Short stubby wings to make easy work of tight maneuvers in smaller areas, short fat engines to provide the thrust for heavy lifts but also let it make fine adjustments to altitude. She looked at the red paint adorning the hull, past scars of lightning and debris impact causing blemishes of character that resonated confidence. The thought sounded strange as soon as she realized it, but the craft gave off a motherly vibe as it seemed to welcome her, the feeling of warmth and pride reverberating through her chest as she felt herself swell while looking at it.

The Oak class had been on her mind since school, but she was blown away with how intimate a simple ship could be as she grasped that she was now part of it. Not on one of the big giants that made short work of traversing whole worlds and small space travel. But instead in the dirt of the planet, zipping and flipping through the landscape as she completed the tasks set out for her by the company that gave her the chance to experience a life in the skies. She felt her eyes burn slightly as tears formed in them, she put her head down and blinked them away as she tried to rein in her emotions.

Inside the ship Jerec sat in the pilot seat, looking at the screen with mixed emotions as he tried to keep his composure.

"We might dear, you know how your father is and we just don't know if we're ready." An older woman said on the screen.

Jerec nodded, "I know mom, it's just been awhile, and if you might be coming to my working planet, I'd like to see you for a bit."

"Well dear we are still deeply hurt, and you need to give us time to heal." She said.

"Ya, mom." Jerec said then pursed his lips while contemplating what to say, "Well I think I gotta go, gotta run today to the outer provinces."

"Ok dear, god bless."

"Ya, love you mom." Jerec said, feeling a tinge of pain as the screen cut to black and he was left looking at his own reflection for a moment. His long black hair pulled back into an unkempt and messy bun, the silver studs in his ears that shined like little stars in the days new sun shine. But he couldn't help but look at the dark bags under his eyes, how his joints seemed to ache just from being awake today. He turned away, rolling his head and sighing as he did so, he looked out across the hanger and inspected the other ships for a moment. Then turning to watch the Oak class vessel that had just left, climbing higher in the atmosphere, it crossed his mind for a moment, to just run away. Climb higher and higher and just leave and forget about his problems, but looking back down to the controls he knew he couldn't run, but had to reconcile with himself.

He stood up and walked out of the flight pit, crossing the storage bay and then hitting the big red button on the back next to the rear ramp. He unzipped his worn and tattered coveralls and worked his arms and torso out of the red suit, tying the sleeves around his waist. He had a black short sleeved shirt on and he reached into the chest pocket, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and removing one before returning the pack. He reached in his pocket and removed the small plastic lighter, striking it and holding the flame up to the white stick of tobacco and dragging air through it. He watched as the flame arched and touched the end, igniting the dried and cut leaves and letting the smoke pull through it and hitting the cotton filter on the end.

He filled his mouth with the smoke as he released the button on the lighter, dropping it back in his pocket. He tasted slight traces of butane in the smoke, catching the cigarette in between two fingers of his right hand he removed it from his lips. Watching the lines of grey that danced in the air being pulled out of the shuttle hull as the door was now almost fully opened, he inhaled the smoke in his mouth. Feeling it run down the back of his tongue and entering his lungs, the warm and thick noxious cloud giving him a false sense of relaxation and calm. He looked down at the gawking woman in her clean red jump suit looking at the shuttle, narrowing his eyes as two words crossed his mind.

'The fuck?'

Tuegrin saw the ramp come down and realized there was a man standing in the opening, his lips parting and a cloud of smoke drifting out as his eyes showed confusion. She saw his hair pulled back and jewelry in his ears, shock hitting her for a moment over seeing a man wear the fashionable items. She also noticed his skin seemed pale but he had a clear complexion, she quickly realized it was the man from the photo but the picture she saw was severely out of date. "Hi, I'm your new engin-"

"Outta the way cleansweep!" a booming voice yelled.

Tuegrin spun around and then jumped to the side as she saw a fork lift coming towards the ramp, she looked at the load for a moment and watched as it and the equipment carrying it hit the ramp and went up. She looked at the opening and saw he was gone and the forklift was going through the same entrance, staying there for a moment and then backing out. The load left in the hull as the equipment went down the ramp and the driver cranked the wheel to leave the area.

She quickly climbed the ramp and went inside, searching for the man named Jerec and wondering where he went. Once standing in the hull she looked around, seeing a flight pit at the front, and two bunks on the wall just behind it. She saw a bathroom to the left with dim white lights adorning the edges where the roof and walls met. "Jerec?" she said as she looked around, wondering where he had disappeared to in the shuttles small interior. She walked towards the flight pit, throwing her backpack on the top bunk as she passed it. She leaned in the flight pit and saw the man sitting in the pilots chair, his attention on the instruments as he flipped switches and watched the display give him information about the shuttle and its status.