All Comments on 'Spice Up My Night'

by Pissfan1234

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
PolterGlitchPolterGlitchover 4 years ago
Fellow type o fan

Read this cos I love the Spice Girls, pleasantly surprised to see Peter Steele references too, conjures up cool mental images. A Spice O Negative collab would have been awesome 😂

Pissfan1234Pissfan1234over 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you Polter!

Yeah I live Type O too, especially around this time of year (October through March-ish.) And I grew up with my sister blasting the Spice Girls every chance she got. So when my GF, her friends, and I were going out for Halloween this year as the Spice Girls and Peter Steele respectively, I suggested we call ourselves "Spice O Negative."

I forgot to mention in the story that my girl and I sang a duet of Blink 182's "I Miss You." Only on Halloween would you see Peter Steele and Sporty Spice singing Blink 182 together. I guess that's better than a missed Spice O Negative collab when both had the chance. Peter would have approved... and by that; he would've said: "You couldn't find someone better than me to dress up as this year?" 😂 But he also said it best himself: "With a face like mine, every day is Halloween."

cadeauxxxcadeauxxxover 4 years ago
Cool story

I liked Type O Negative too when I was young. RIP Peter, still hard to believe he is gone. Heard their music quite often growing up, they were one of the more popular Metal bands where I grew up. It's cool to see someone write about them.

Pissfan1234Pissfan1234over 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks cadeauxxx!

Yeah, I got into Type O last October (perfect time to do so) and I haven't looked back since. I think I wrote more about the Spice Girls than Peter or Type O Negative here though. Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) is who I saw in my dream; I didn't see or hear Peter once as I remember. I forgot to mention though that while I won the karaoke contest at Dave & Buster's by singing "In Praise of Bacchus," each contestant – including me – got to sing three times; my other two performances were with "Halloween in Heaven" and "I Don't Wanna Be Me."

As they were the Spice Girls, my GF and her friends sang "Wannabe," "2 Become 1" (the song Emma quoted in my dream) and "Spice Up Your Life." I'm guessing I won with how well I played Peter. The sound guy – who was a Type O fan as well – even told me I looked and sounded just like Peter. It was a Halloween for the record books!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous