Split Chance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well well well who might you be?" Lucas asks, clearly taken with my best friend's beauty.

Sitting down next to Lucas, Liz sits next to Sophie smiling at her which of course makes Sophie turn red and look down. "Elizabeth Edwards but you can call me Liz and you are?"

"Lucas Whitehill, basketball player, and ready to date you if you simply ask." Lucas says, giving Liz the biggest smile.

"Oh right my bad let me reintroduce myself, Elizabeth Edwards, gay as fuck, don't like sports."

Laughing I can see Lucas face drop before smiling again. "Well one can only hope."

"You do that buddy, and you are?" Liz asks Sophie who is still looking down. Looking around I see Abigail finally walk outside sending me a wink which of course Liz picks up on. "Hold up, who gave you those damn hickies?"

Snapping my head back to Liz I hear silverware clatter to my right where the teacher's are at which means Ms. Hill heard. Ignoring the need to turn to look at her, I instead look straight at Sophie who was looking from Liz to me to Abi and of course Lucas just had the biggest fucking smile ever.

"Fucking a Liz why don't you yell it out. Plus it isn't that bad is it?" Looking at them they stay quiet longer than I wanted. "Guys, is it?" Pulling my phone out I set it on selfie mode before taking a picture.

Going to my gallery I growl as I lay my phone down on the table. "Bloody hell, I look like I got punched on my fucking neck. Jesus I mean it's a blob of hickey not to mention the teeth marks like how the fuck, I don't even know what to dau ."

Laughing Sophie shakes her head trying to stop herself but then Liz starts laughing and of course Lucas joins. "So Abigail, huh?"

Looking at Sophie I actually smile timidly afraid of her reaction. "I told you it's okay." She says smiling back at me.

"So what happened to you not dating girls our age Teddy?" Liz asks as she steals some of Lucas' fries.

"Dating, who said anything about dating, oh no, we just had a little bit of fun. I mean sure normally I don't go for girls our age but I'm not opposed to it. Plus to be honest she had a nice body." Smirking, I look towards Abi talking to her friends.

"I'm Sophie, and I'm bi." Sophie said a bit more confidently than I would have expected but hey good for her.

"Pleasure to meet you doll. I'm here until Sunday so tell me what's something I can do while you guys are at school?" Liz asks as she looks at us.

"Don't look at me, I just got here."

"I don't really go out." Sophie whispers.

"We usually have parties but not till the weekend. Other than that there's hiking, swimming at the lake, camping, movie theater, the mall but not much else."

"I see, well I think I'll sleep until you get out of school."

"Well tomorrow I have to babysit so you'll have to find something to do until I'm done."

"Blah you're boring, Sophie let's go see a movie, yeah?"

"Okay." Sophie whispers without hesitancy, her cheeks rosy red while smiling.

"Wait, don't you have school till three?" I ask Sophie as she offers some of her fries to Liz who happily eats them.

"No, I get off just like you but I like going to the library after."

"Well tomorrow I'll come and get you after school and then we..." Liz was saying before being interrupted.

"Hello I'm Mr. Martin, you made quite the scene back there when you tackled Frankie earlier." Mr. Martin interrupts all the while he puts his hand on my shoulder making me tense up. Shouldn't there be something about teachers touching students I mean come on!

Liz, being the beautiful best friend that she is, stands up and moves behind me as well putting her hand out to shake Mr. Martin's hand.

Taking his hand off me he shakes her hand allowing me to turn and see Ms. Hill standing next to him but staring at my blob of hickies and bite marks.

"I'm Liz."

"This is Ms. Hill, can I ask what your relationship to Frankie is?" Jesus this man is so fucking nosey like who comes and asks that. Am I in the wrong?

"Nice to meet you Liz and you don't have to answer that, Mr. Martin tends to be too curious." Ms. Hill says even though you can obviously tell she wants to know. See not in the wrong.

Turning to me real quick she winks at me before leaning against me with her arm around my shoulder. "Well we're engaged, our parents set this up since we were babies, well actually way before then but you know. Growing up I actually came to hate her but now I just can't wait to marry her, right baby?"

Turning to me with a shit eating grin she leans over. Now I admit we've used this story before and normally she kisses me on my cheek but oh no not this time. This time Liz kisses me full on the lips leaving me in shock because we don't do that and it clues me in that something is up.

"Well um wow, and you're okay with that?" Mr. Martin asks as Liz turns back around this time blocking them from me because they will obviously see the shock written all over my face.

"Oh yes, how could I not, I mean Frankie is beautiful and handsome, she's rich, and between you and I great in other areas, if you know what I mean." Liz giggles, I mean she actually giggles at him like a bimbo. What the hell is going on with my best friend.

"Right um I'll see you guys tomorrow. Mr. Martin, Ms. Hill, my apologies." Standing up I grab Liz's hand and look at Ms. Hill who looks very upset and over at Abigail who looks curious before dragging Liz with me to the parking lot.

Silently walking alongside me Liz stops once we reach my car. Turning to her I finally look at her and see her eyes which are a bit puffy, her clothes are a bit dirty and her hair while neatly in a nice bun wasn't her usual. I was so excited I didn't realize my friend was not okay.

Looking down I move forward and cup her cheek on my hand. "Liz, what's going on?" I ask in a whisper as I move forward leaving little to no space between us.

"K-Kayla left m-me. I know I've only met her once but we h-had planned our life after high school. I t-though she was the o-one." Liz says and starts to stutter towards the end which let me know she is truly upset because she usually is very careful about her stutters. Love, this is what I'm saying. You can't have love without heart ache. Imagine loving someone so much only to no longer have them. That shit is worse having to teach yourself not to love. Better to not have loved in my opinion.

Wrapping her arms around me I hold her looking around as she cries on my shoulder. "Tesoro, come on, let's go."

"I'm sorry I know you hate when I or anyone cries." Shrugging I give her a small smile as she wipes her eyes. "Wait, what did you call me earlier?"

"Tesoro, means darling in Italian, now come on, follow me, yeah?"

"Yeah." Liz says as she runs to her car and gets in as I get in mine pulling out the parking lot. I drive home making sure she's right behind me all the while I'm trying to figure out what to do with her. She's not wrong. I hate emotions mainly because when it comes to it I freak out. I understand but I also don't.

Like I've said before, emotions aren't my thing as well as relationships and for obvious reasons. I don't even want to think about Ms. Hill's reaction, or Abi's. Thinking about it though I feel like I'll be getting slapped soon. Yay for me...not.

---

Pulling in front of the house, Liz and I get out of our cars and walk towards the front. Letting her in I close the door, lock it, and walk towards my room.

"Well this is home for now."

"It's nice." Liz says looking around my current room.

Looking at her I pick her up and lay her in bed wrapping my arms around her as she cuddles closer resting her hand on my chest and arm. I cradled her against me, I mean I didn't know what else to do and I usually like to curl up when I'm sad. Like Liz said, I'm not good with people crying.

"So what happened? How'd she end it?"

"I called her telling her about me going to visit for our year and six month anniversary and she didn't say much. Thinking she was in shock or something I kept talking. It wasn't until I was done talking that I heard her crying.

Of course, at this point I'm worried and I'm asking what's wrong only for her to tell me that she's been seeing someone for the last two months. Two months! Can you fucking believe that Frankie. T-two fucking months."

Liz finishes with a whisper as she starts sobbing. I'm not sure how much time passes but I can't find the will to care about time at the moment. My mother would be picking Emily up so I didn't have to worry about that.

At some point I notice that Liz's breathing evens out. Poor girl probably hasn't even slept. Pulling away I get up and lay a blanket over her before leaving my room.

Pulling my phone out I notice the time and realize my mom should be home soon with Emily. Playing a game on my phone while in the room I glance at the door as I hear a knock.

Opening the door I look at Mark standing with Maddie. "Frankie!" Wrapping her arms around my waist I pat Maddie's back gently as I look at Mark.

I guess I can see what Evelyn sees in the guy. He's six feet tall blonde hair, blue eyes, and a handsome physique. Kind of reminds me of Captain America which is funny cause I hate Captain America after what he did to Stark.

"Another business trip?" I ask. Nodding, he pulls out his wallet and hands me another hundred before walking away. Again the fool didn't even say bye to Maddie.

Speaking of Maddie, where the hell..."Ahhhhhh!" Chuckling, I walk back to my room and see Liz smiling at Maddie who was hiding behind my chair.

"Frankie! There's a girl in your bed." Laughing, I sit on my chair and Maddie instantly climbs on me, choking me with her arms.

"This is my best friend monkey, you talked to her yesterday, remember?" I tap her arms and she loosens them allowing me to breathe easier.

"Oh yeah, I don't like her. Can she leave Frankie?" Maddie asks in what she believes is a whisper as Liz pouts.

"No monkey she's going to be here for a few days, speaking about that, what if my mom won't let you stay?" I ask Liz as she keeps pouting at Maddie.

"I'll just get a hotel, you act like we don't have money." Standing up she walks out the room leaving me alone with Maddie.

"Frankie, you can come live with me and Liz can stay here." Maddie says as she smiles at me. Chuckling, I get up and have her follow me as we leave my room and go look for Liz.

Smiling to myself as I walk into the kitchen and find her making a nutella sandwich for herself. "Are you making a nutella sandwich?" Maddie asks as she walks up to Liz, climbs up the chair and stands on it looking at her.

"Maybe I am."

"Can I have one?"

"Didn't you just want to kick me out of this house?"

"I was just playing, pretty please, we can be best friends." Rolling her eyes at Maddie Liz starts making her one and looks over at me asking me if I want one which of course I say yes.

Sitting down together we watch a bit of cartoons before cleaning our mess. On Maddie's request we help her with her homework and I work on mine. Liz of course goes to make another sandwich for Maddie and her.

Before we know it, my mom is walking in with Emily right behind her talking about her day. "Hey, who's this?" My mother asks as she notices Liz.

"You might not remember but this is Elizabeth, my best friend." I say with a smile as I look at Liz trying not to glare at my mom.

"Of course I remember, how are your parents?" My mother asks frowning as she looks between Liz and me.

"They're great. How have you been? I haven't seen you since you left Frankie." Liz asks, obviously jabbing at the fact that my mother hadn't visited me since she left.

"I've been well." My mother says curtly, making me look up at her and see her looking at my neck. Fucking a, I can already tell where this shit was going to lead to.

"If you excuse me I have to change my work clothes. Frankie, can you come here for a second." Standing up I smile at Liz and Monkey before following after my mother.

Going in after my mother I lean against her dresser as she shuts the door. "Do you really respect me so little that you have to bring one of your whores to my house?"

"Whoa, no offense but Liz is far from any whore out there in fact she's the most decent in this house." I say as I stand up straight looking into her eyes.

"Are you implying that....you know what, forget it. I don't care what she is or isn't. I want her gone, has she no shame that she will stay around after marking you?"

"It wasn't from her." I reply curtly while I cross my arms, psychologically I know it's a defense move which upsets me even more.

"Then who?"

"Since when do kids tell their parents who they sleep with?"

"I just don't understand Francesca, if not her then who?" My mother asks as she gets closer to me, her eyes angry.

"Why does it matter?" I ask, my voice coming out a bit loud and taking a step back feeling cornered.

"It matters to me because so far the only person I can think of is sitting out there in the living room. Which brings me back to you bringing someone like that here."

"Like what!?"

"A whore!"

"If anyone is a whore in this house it would be you and me. I mean I guess I take after you right! Unable to just be with one person, having to be with more than one at the same time, hurting without a care. You know it's because of you that I can't give myself to just one person because I'm so fucking scared of them hurting me like you hurt Dad!" I feel a ringing which makes me pause and I look down realizing she just slapped me.

Moving back I shake my head as I walk past her and open her door shutting it after me. "Liz, please watch over Maddie." I say as I walk past them making sure I have my keys before leaving the house.

I don't remember pulling out my driveway much less going back to school. Going inside I walk to my locker, grab my gym clothes and go to the gym quickly changing my clothes before going to find Coach.

Finding him in his office, I quickly ask him if I can run the track which he allows me. Going outside I put my headphones on and start running. I mean this week has been insane, I keep running and thinking about Evelyn, Ms. Hill, Abi, Liz being here and now the drama with my mother. I mean my world really is becoming a soap opera like shit all I wanted was to stay with my dad and even he isn't picking up. So maybe I felt a bit angry and abandoned and maybe I'm thinking about women I shouldn't be thinking about but fuck I just, I'm not sure what I need.

Slowing down once I no longer feel angry I lay down on the grass and look up at the sky. Closing my eyes for a second I pull my phone out, pull up my contacts and call my Dad.

Letting it ring until it reaches voicemail I hang up and decide to just get up before it gets dark. Not paying attention to where I am going I stop when I feel some hands on me. Looking up I come eye to eye with Ms. Hill's emerald green eyes.

"Hey."

"Hi yourself, thought you left with your fiance." Looking at her in confusion I start to ask her before she cuts me off.

"Cute, silver hair, gray eyes, ring a bell? Because I sure as hell don't think it did when we were making out in my house."

"Can we talk in private?" I ask as I look around feeling kind of exposed. Nodding, Ms. Hill walks back to the school leading me to her room. Closing the door behind her and pulling down the blinds on the windows she turns to me.

"Well?"

Feeling a bit riled still, I choose to respond with honesty, instead of my usual games. "To be honest she's my best friend. We aren't engaged though we love to joke that we are."

Leaning against her chair I watch Ms. Hill look at me in disbelief. "She kissed you in front of everyone."

"Stating the obvious I see, look Ms. Hill to be straight with you again, I'm not engaged. I don't believe in relationships. You can take my word or not, that's up to you, I really don't care right now." I watch her eyes soften, maybe she can tell I am having a hard time.

Walking to me she reaches to touch my face but stops herself and instead she crosses her arms. "I believe you. I also think we need to stop this. Whatever it is or was, it can't be anymore. I'm your teacher and while you are of legal age it is definitely still frowned upon. Not to mention how much you affect me."

"If that's what you want, I won't argue with you. I'm just here living the best I can." I say shrugging, I mean I'm not the type to beg and dealing with today has left me at a point where I can not seem to care at the moment. I grab my phone and give her a quick smile before leaving her class. Forgetting about my clothes I go to my car and drive back to my mother's house in my gym clothes.

I didn't even get a chance to park before my door flew open and my monkey was climbing all over me. Flinging her little arms around my neck she just laid her head on my chest.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask in a whisper.

"Mhm I just missed you, Liz and I have been outside and we went for a walk and we had ice cream. I like Liz, can she be my friend?" Laughing, I hug her and get out of my car making sure to not let go until she jumps off of me to run back to Liz. I join them both on the grass and stare at the sky again.

"You ok?" Liz asks as I lay down next to her. Smiling, I nod before she turns and hugs me which of course gave Monkey the idea to come get up and jump on us.

"Why are y'all out here?"

"After you left it was awkward so we left and haven't been back inside."

"Come on." I whisper as I get up and pull them up along with me. Walking to the house I open the door and go straight to my room making sure Liz and Monkey were right behind me.

"Liz, can we go climb the tree?" Monkey asks as she sees the willow tree out back.

"Sure! Frankie, want to come?" Liz asks as she looks at me hesitantly, I guess she is worried about me or for me.

Shaking my head I watch them leave my door open as they run out. Changing into some sweatpants and a muscle shirt I go and slide the door shut before going to the kitchen.

Ignoring my mother I grab a water bottle from the fridge and start to leave but stop when she calls my name. I keep my back to her but stay and keep silent but the last thing I need or want is to face her because I may just lose it again.

"Can you turn to look at me." I hear her ask but I stay put, I mean I can be so fucking petty and upset all I want.

"Okay, look about earlier, I just..I wanted to..well..."

"It's fine." I quickly say as she stutters her way through what may be an apology, she can keep her useless apologies, maybe I am being harsh but damn I hadn't seen her in years and she isn't making things easy, my Dad would have known that Liz wasn't the one behind the blob of hickeys.

Walking back to my room I drink my water as I look outside and watch Liz and my monkey run around. I think I may have dozed off because when I came to, there was someone near me.

"I hope you trust that young woman like I trust you." Turning around I watch Evelyn lean against the doorway watching me.

"I do."

"I trust you. So tell me, what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

Instead of responding Evelyn walks to me and lightly traces the band aid on my forehead. "I t-tripped." Fuck the stutters are back but to be fair her blouse is giving a nice view of her boobs and that tight skirt with heels was doing things to me I have never imagined.

"You should get it cleaned, the band-aid you have looks old." Moving back she looks around before walking out my room but not before motioning for me to follow.

I of course follow her into the bathroom and look towards the living room noticing the silence. "Sit." Leaning on the sink instead of sitting, I watch as she pulls the first aid kit and gets some alcohol swabs, some neosporin, and another bandaid.