Split Chance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did you get in?" I am hyper aware of her closeness and the silence. Funny how silence is sometimes the most deafening sound or no sound, geez I don't know.

"Your mother let me in, Emily and she went to get some groceries for dinner."

"She must trust you."

"We've been friends for a few years now, I would hope so."

Brushing her fingers over my forehead she traces them towards my band aid but before she can take it off I take a hold of her hand stopping her.

"You don't have to do this." I whisper as she lets me move her hand down until I'm holding it on my lap. At first Evelyn looks at our hands before looking up at me, her eyes again giving that hypnotizing vibrant stare. I can admit that comment was very much out of the blue.

"I don't mind." She whispers, as she continues looking at my eyes and yet I feel as if she's looking into my very soul.

"How do you do that?" I ask in a low voice, afraid to break whatever was going on in this bubble of silence. But shit is that my heart, can she hear my fucking heart.

"Do what?"

"I'm not sure, there's just...there's something about you, it's enchanting. If I didn't know better I'd say you are a goddess."

Staying quiet she gives me a small smile which of course doesn't reach her eyes. Moving her hand from mine she slowly starts taking my band aid off.

"I guess it's good that you do know better then." She says softly her warm breath like a feathery touch against the cut as she looks at it closely.

"Even so..."

"This will hurt." She quickly whispers as she tears the alcohol swab package and gently runs it over my cut.

Keeping my eyes on her I watch her throw away the swab before grabbing the neosporin. Spreading a bit on a q-tip she runs it over my cut staring at my eyes before focusing again.

Putting the band aid on she puts away the extra stuff and throws away the garbage. Moving out her way I lean against the doorway as I look at the tight skirt she's wearing along with red plumb heels and a red blouse. Add her beautiful physique and her gorgeous black hair, maybe this woman really is a goddess.

Moving my eyes up I watch her staring at me through the mirror before drying her hands to turn around. Leaning against the other side of the door frame she stares at me.

"Nice mark." She finally whispers. I didn't have to be a genius to know what mark she's talking about. Do I regret my choices I do not but do I wish the mark was not so fucking giant yes of course.

Keeping quiet I watch her hug her sides as she continues staring at me. Both of us are quiet now again in this bubble of deafening silence. Finally after a few more seconds even though it felt like minutes she leans forward resting her hands on my neck tracing the hickey.

"Do you enjoy being marked?" Her voice, Jesus, that voice will be the death of me. How can a woman's voice make me want to just convulse and I don't know, melt.

"Honestly no, but things got out of hand." I never ever want a mark on me again, if at the very least have her not look so lost.

"She's a beautiful lady, you should feel proud." Looking at her in confusion I try to figure out how she knows about Abigail before realizing she's talking about Liz.

"Oh um no, Liz, while like you said, very beautiful, she's just my best friend. She also just recently got out of a relationship. But even if she wasn't, I could never be with her. Not because she isn't perfect because she is. She's great, kind, beautiful, and well perfect but I don't particularly want a relationship."

"Ah, and yet you are marked."

"Being marked out of fun is different then being committed." Plus it was just sex, not a commitment to anything, just two people having fun. Have you never just slept around?

"You don't like commitment?" I look at her for a second realizing she is ignoring my question.

"I don't believe in it, at least not when it comes to relationships."

"I see." Moving her hand down my neck she moves it down until her hand is resting on my wrist.

"Do you believe in commitment?" Maybe she will pick up on the fact that I really want her.

"No not really, Mark and I are a good example of why."

Pulling her hand away this time I lean forward causing us to stand toe to toe barely any space between us.

"Why stay with him?"

"I don't believe in divorce."

"But you aren't happy, at least not with him, I can see that. Is that why when you smile it doesn't reach your eyes? Has he truly taken any chance of you being genuinely happy?"

I ask my voice a bit heated as I walk forward making her back up until her back is against the doorway.

"Frankie...enough." Evelyn whispers, hugging herself and looking away from me as a single tear escapes her eyes.

Cupping her cheek in my palm I rub the tear away as she looks at me, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Fuck A I hurt her, I didn't mean to.

"Why not leave." I whisper, maybe she won't leave if I bring her back to the bubble.

"I don't believe..."

"But it makes you unhappy, he makes you unhappy."

"I can't just stop believing in my beliefs."

"Even if it's hurting you and Maddie?" I ask in a whisper.

"That's her father, she adores him." I snort, I can't help myself.

"She doesn't, not really."

"And how can you know that?"

"I just know."

Shaking her head Evelyn wipes her eyes. "I'm sorry for making you cry." I whisper again. Don't go, I can feel it, she is about to leave me.

"If someone wanted a relationship with you, someone who you cared for and they for you. Would you commit to them?"

"I don't believe in..." Shutting my mouth my eyes snap to her as she smiles at me sadly. She starts to move away as we hear a car pull up. Evellyn pushes me gently, her lips so close to mine, her eyes never leaving mine as she shuts the bathroom door on me.

Walking back to my room I smile as I see Liz and Maddie laying on their backs looking up at the sky. Happy and oblivious, the two things I wish I could be.

---

"But Mommy I don't want to go home, I want to stay with my friend. She plays with me, walks with me, and takes me out for ice cream."

"Ice cream you say?" Evelyn repeats as she looks straight at me, before squatting at Maddie's level and whispering something in her ear making her squeal.

Turning towards me Monkey runs to me and hugs me then goes and hugs Liz. "Mommy said Frankie and you will be coming to dinner tomorrow, she's going to cook for us since you guys are taking care of me. Isn't that great! We can spend time together. All my friends and I, oh and my mommy too."

"That does sound cool, doesn't that sound cool Teddy, maybe we can even invite Sophie since she and I were supposed to go to the movies tomorrow."

"I don't really think Evelyn wants so many folks in..." Before I can even finish my sentence Evelyn lays her hand on my arm stopping me and cutting in.

"It's fine, Maddie obviously wants Liz there and if Sophie is okay with coming along then the more the merrier." Evelyn smiles at Liz and Maddie and even though she is not looking straight at me I can see that while she is very polite about it I don't actually think she wants that many people in her home. I keep silent though because even if I know how she actually feels I also know that she will do anything for Maddie.

"Wait, who is Sophie?" Maddie asks Liz and before we know it they are distracted which leaves Evelyn and me free to talk.

"I can just pick Maddie up and she can spend the afternoon with me so that you don't have to worry about cooking or having people over."

"You'll be there right?" Evelyn asks, searching my face.

"Hm?" I say like an idiot because I have this beautiful woman staring at me who I get so lost in her space that my brain stops functioning.

"You are coming too and not just Liz and this Sophie she was speaking about?"

"Well yeah, I mean unless you don't want me to." I watch her reach out and gently grab my three middle fingers barely holding on as if she was unaccustomed to reaching out to someone.

"I do." She whispers as she quickly lets go and stands up straight.

"Okay Mommy, we can have Sophie over. Can they have a sleepover too?" Before I could even interfere and say otherwise Evelyn once again cuts in and agrees. So I guess we will be having a sleepover tomorrow even though it is a school night. Hey, maybe something crazy will happen and we will have Friday off. Shit I wish.

Fuck..Evelyn and me..we'll be under the same roof.