Split Chance Ch. 03

Story Info
Frankie meets Athena, has drama with Evelyn
13.8k words
4.7
1.3k
3

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 08/09/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You guys ready for dinner." I ask as we pull up to Evelyn's house.

"Yes! It's very kind of her to invite me." Sophie smiles shyly at Liz.

"Well the little monkey wants to meet you and Evelyn has a soft spot for her and Frankie." Liz says, winking at me as she helps Sophie with her backpack.

Thursday night, the night has arrived. We'll be spending the night. Evelyn, Sophie, Liz, Maddie and me.

Evelyn and me, fuck. Knocking on the door I smile and pick Maddie up as she immediately opens the door and hugs me.

"Hey Monkey."

"Hi." Hugging me tightly she taps my arm and I put her down so she can say hi to Sophie and Liz.

"Mommy is in the bathroom but come on everyone can put their stuff in my room." Grabbing my hand Maddie takes us up to her room and we set our bags down. It's going to be cramped in here. Practically ignoring me in favor of Liz and Sophie I decide to go look for Evelyn.

I find her in the kitchen and I lean against the door frame staring at her. She's wearing a blue pants suit. She looks good, authoritative. Turning she stops and looks at me. I feel caught like a child with their hand in the cookie jar.

"Hi."

"Hey." Her words are soft.

Standing straight I walk to her and stare unmoving. Shit maybe I'm creeping her out but I can see a hint of a smile on those ruby red lips of hers.

I want to hug her, kiss her, hold her, or something else. Instead I keep standing and staring at her like a damn creep.

"I um are you sure you're okay with this?" I ask again, I really don't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"If I didn't want to, this would not be happening Frankie. Tell me how's the cut?"

"Hm, it's okay, a flicker of pain here and there." I touch my forehead making sure my band aid is still on.

"Good."

"Hmm." I'm still staring. Her eyes, hazel eyes, are the color of forests in which I am drawn to and lost in the dark depths of her pupils.

"Teddy!" Pulling back I see her close her eyes before I turn to the doorway and pick Maddie up as she runs towards me.

"I thought you left." Maddie whispers as she holds onto me tighter.

"Never." I whisper back, turning to look at Evelyn who is now staring at Maddie and me. Maybe she wasn't used to seeing Maddie this open with others. Then again it was weird how close Maddie got to me even Liz and now Sophie.

I wonder if she was this heart broken that her father wasn't here. Setting Maddie down, she gives her mom a hug before running back upstairs.

"How can I help?"

"Frankie, you can go upstairs I'll be fine."

Shaking my head I look over at the kitchen island and see she has a cutting board out and items for a salad. I wash my hands and start chopping the salad.

Her laugh startles me. It is short, beautiful. It fills my soul with joy. Turning to her she has her back to me.

"What are you making?"

"Spaghetti carbonara."

"Sounds good." Chopping the salad I move to the tomatoes.

"I like to think it is." Nodding my head I keep chopping away.

"So what's the plan for tonight?"

"Whatever Maddie wants."

"Cool."

"Hm."

"It's almost ready. You almost done?" Looking down I think I am.

"Yes."

"Okay, can you go get them?"

"Sure." Washing my hands and rinsing them I take a deep breath as I go upstairs and laugh when I find Maddie, Soppie and Liz doing each other's nails.

"Frankie!" Jumping up and completely fucking up Liz's nail she runs and hugs me.

" Hey, you all having fun?"

"Yes! Frankie, do you want me to do your nails?"

"Sure but let's try after dinner Monkey your mom has dinner ready."

Everyone goes and washes their hands before we go down and sit at the table. Not long after Evelyn is serving everyone pasta, salad, and bread. Sitting next to Evelyn I can feel Liz's eyes burning into my side.

"Thank you again for inviting us over Mrs...I'm sorry I don't know your last name."

"Nox."

"Like the night?" I ask curiously. This is an interesting last name. I don't think I realized what a cool name she has.

"Yes."

"Mark has a cool last name." I say as I stab the salad a bit too hard.

"It's not his, it's mine. I didn't change my name." Evelyn says quickly laying her hand on my thigh under the table. Taking a deep breath I keep my eyes down. Her hand is still on my thigh. Liz's eyes are still staring between us but more at Evelyn.

"I have a cool name too because that's my name too Frankie?"

"Yes you do Monkey. A really cool name."

"Thank you Mrs. Nox." Sophie finally finishes.

"You're most welcome. So what are the big plans with your friends Monkey?"

"Can we watch Moana and eat popcorn? Maybe have some nutella." She finishes in a whisper. Laughing I look over at Evelyn who is smiling at her.

"Of course."

"So Mrs. Nox, what do you do?" Liz asks somewhat hauty, she lasted longer than I expected in her curiosity.

"Cyber security." Turning to look at her she's staring straight at Liz. She can obviously pick up on Liz's tone and for her not to back down fuck she just got hotter.

"That's pretty awesome." Sophie says starting to feel a tension between Liz and Evelyn.

"Yeah, that's pretty amazing." I add, causing Evelyn to look towards me, giving me a soft casual smile.

"How long will you be in town for Elizabeth."

"Liz and just till Sunday. I've missed Frankie and figured since the opportunity presented itself why not take advantage."

"I understand, how about tomorrow I take care of Maddie so you all can spend some time together."

"That would be great." Liz answers quicker than me.

"Actually, I'll keep Maddie." I look at Liz who is now frowning. "We can hang out after."

"Liz, if you'd like, we can hang out together until Frankie is available." Sophie places her hand over Liz's and smiles when Liz nods her head but still gives Evelyn a glare. Frowning, I wonder what's wrong with Liz.

"Frankie, I don't mind, your friend is here and I'm sure..."

"No it's fine. Maddie is my responsibility and I'm not brushing her aside just like that. Liz we'll hang out after and Evelyn I'll be okay. Right Monkey?"

"Yes!"

Smiling at her I look at Evelyn then Liz. Sophie is smiling at me and Maddie is such a messy little kid. Once we all finish Evelyn goes to turn on the TV, Sophie and Liz help clean and I take Maddie to go wash her face.

"Jesus kid, you're so messy." Laughing Maddie just shrugs and let's me run a wet rag over her face. "Okay come on, wash your hands."

All cleaned up I stand from where I was kneeling and almost smack straight into Evelyn. Luckily she holds onto my arm and steadies me. Maddie of course is giggling like a maniac.

"Mommy can I have popcorn?"

"Sure baby." Running off I stare at Maddie to make sure she doesn't fall before turning to look at Evelyn.

"Dinner was great." I say with a smile.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I felt as if your friend was trying to stab me with her eyes." Frowning all I can do is hum.

"Here." Grabbing the wash cloth Evelyn starts wiping at my shirt on my stomach. It doesn't look great Maddie left butter when she hugged me.

"It's okay, I'll have to wash it. Will you be watching the movie with us?" I ask hopefully.

Looking to the side she shakes her head. "No, I think you should hang out. I'll be in my room. Thank you for helping with the salad and with Maddie." Kissing my check she pulls back but keeps her hand on my arm. Don't go.

I watch her as she stares at me with no reaction just staring for all I know she could be planning my death or wishing she can stay. Maybe even join us. Finally I lay my hand over hers and it seems to startle her causing her to pull her hand away and making me regret it as I feel her loss.

Sighing, I walk to the living room and sit down with everyone. Maddie immediately runs to me and sits by my side. Moana is actually one of my favorites so I find myself singing along with Maddie and by the time the movie is over it's 7pm.

"Can we watch another movie, Frankie?"

"Sure kid, which one did you want to watch?"

"I don't know, what do you want to watch?"

Smiling I rent my favorite movie and watch Maddie throughout the movie as she stares with wide eyes.

"Frankie, I want to be a pirate and have all the gold."

"We could be a band of pirates, I'll be the captain." Liz says as she stands on the couch. Laughing, Maddie stands as well and starts chasing Liz around saying she is the captain not Liz. Sophie and I are just laughing and rolling our eyes but everyone stops when we hear a clearing throat.

Turning I see Mark standing by the doorway looking at all of us a bit confused. "Hello."

"Hey dad." Maddie says as she runs towards me.

"Mark." I turn and watch Evelyn come down wearing a closed robe, her hair wet gorgeous flowing down. She is gorgeous, beautiful, her eyes vibrant and closed off as she stares at Mark.

"Evelyn." I didn't like the way he was staring at her. Granted I may have the same look of hunger but he looks like a fucking hyena waiting to devour her. I think I look more like a tiger, definitely more attractive.

"I thought you weren't going to be here until Monday."

"I'm not, I forgot some paperwork, what's going on?"

"We're having a sleepover dad." Maddie said but Mark didn't even glance at her before questioning Evelyn.

"Ah, doesn't Madeline have school tomorrow?"

"No, do you think we would be doing this if she did." Looking away Sophie and Liz try to distract themselves, Maddie has her face tucked into my side. I'm staring, I can't seem to look away like a fucking train wreck waiting to happen.

"Well, I'll get those papers and leave."

"Okay." Evelyn crosses her arms pushing her breasts upward drawing my eyes and his. Fucker. Clenching my jaw I look down at Maddie ignoring them as he asks about food and Evelyn takes him to the kitchen. I guess she is doing her wife duties. Fucking duties. Fucking Mark.

"You okay kid?" I play the movie and feel her nod her head. After a while I hear the creaking of feet on the stairs and dishes being clinked together before more creaking on the stairs. Two footsteps have now gone upstairs. Did I like it, not at all.

Maddie was laughing at the movie again and then crying when Mr. Arrow is killed by that fucking spider but overall laughing. Just as we get to the part where Jim is in the barrel I hear the unmistakable sound of what can only be a headboard hitting the wall.

Have you ever felt anger so great your whole body is tingling with energy, your hands aching from how hard they are clenching. Fuck I feel as if my teeth are going to shatter from how hard they are clenching.

I mean their fucking kid is downstairs. We are downstairs, I am downstairs. Sighing at that acknowledgement I suddenly feel less mad and more hurt. Love, I wasn't even in love with Evelyn barely knew her but already my heart was breaking or maybe it's just jealousy. Who knows.

Turning the volume up I try to breathe as I faintly hear the banging. Looking at Liz I smile as she looks at me with a frown. She is closer to the tv so maybe she didn't hear but she can tell there is something going on with me.

"Hey, do you want that pumpkin cake?" I ask Maddie who immediately starts nodding.

"Okay, go with Sophie, I'm going to go look for one and will be back after I find it okay?"

"Okay, can we have ice cream too?" Nodding my head I smile and watch Maddie go sit between Sophie and Liz. Sophie gives me a questionable look and I just shrug and smile.

"I'll be back, I'm going to go get some dessert."

Nodding her head Sophie smiles and nods but Liz just keeps staring at me. I smile and quickly leave, closing the door behind me and taking deep breaths I lean my arm against the door. I want to vomit. I get in my car and pull out trying not to hit Mark's car and drive to the closest store near me.

Looking around I'm not able to find a pumpkin cake but I find chocolate, I hope Maddie won't be too upset. I don't think she will. I mean who doesn't like chocolate. Looking for the frozen section I turn to the aisle and of course as I turn the corner I bump into someone causing them to drop their ice cream.

"Chunky monkey, my favorite." Looking up I can't help but roll my eyes as I see Ms. Hill standing in front of me.

"We have to stop meeting like this Ms. Hill."

"Indeed, thank you." She takes the ice cream back. Now we're standing there awkwardly. I am about to respond possibly even flirt but before I can, I hear a familiar voice over my shoulder.

"Teresa, did you get the ice...oh hey Ms. Monte."

Looking away from my eyes Ms. Hill responds to him with a smile. "Hey, yup. I have the ice cream."

Turning I give a fake smile. Fucking a can this day get even worse. "Mr. Martin, good to see you. I was just saying my goodbyes. You guys have a lovely night."

"You too Ms. Monte, how's your fiance doing?" I guess he didn't get the hint of my goodbye.

"Oh Mr. Martin, she's not actually my fiance, she's my best friend. We have this joke and sometimes it gets out of hand. But she's good. I came to get some dessert. I should probably head out."

"That's an interesting joke but okay yeah that sounds fun. Cool, real cool." Lord take me out, this man is ridiculous.

"Right, okay well bye." Turning around I immediately bump into someone else. Looking down I can't help but groan internally as I see that shit eating grin.

"Abby."

"Frankie, out late at night I see." Her grin just gets wider and then I feel her hand on my neck where she left the hickeys which are already yellowing by the way. I look like I got attacked.

"Hm, yes well I have to go, I'll see you at school." I rush out and almost get past her but she immediately grabs my arm, I turn to tell her to let go but I feel her lips instead and her full body weight smashing the cake between us. The kiss lasts less than five seconds, but she manages to bite my lip hard enough to draw blood and leaves me stunned as she walks away.

I don't even think she knew our teachers are there. Maybe they had left. I hope they have left. Glancing up Ms. Hill is staring at me angrily while Mr. Martin is staring at the ground.

Turning I grab some ice cream and walk back to get another cake, keeping the fucked up one as well. Going to self check out, I pay, walk to my car, get in and go back to Evelyn's.

I was probably gone a good 30 minutes. I notice Mark's car is gone. Sighing, I bang my head against the wheel before getting out.

"Frankie!" Maddie comes running to me and I smile at her.

"Hey Monkey. Is the movie over?"

"Yes, we just started watching The Lion King."

"Cool, I have dessert."

"Yay!" Running to the kitchen, Maddie gets some paper plates and spoons. Slicing the cake I serve 4 plates and scoop some ice cream.

I carry three and she carries ones. Sophie gets up and helps me as soon as she sees me. I hand one to Liz and sit down. This time all four of us are sitting together.

"You have a bit of blood on your lip."

"What?"

I lick my lip and taste the copper. Must be from Abigail's bite. Smiling at Liz, I keep eating my cake. I'm drained, everything is too much. The ups and downs. All day I spent avoiding Abigail even skipped gym and somehow I still ended up crossing her path. Ms. Hill, Teresa, fuck I guess she and Mr. Martin are really doing it.

And Evelyn, she's probably up there. Is she happy, is she okay, is she satisfied. I take the plates from everyone and go to the kitchen. Cleaning up the mess, I go back and tell Sophie and Liz I'll be outside.

Evelyn doesn't have any lawn chairs so I lean against the wall. Maybe I should start smoking. Evelyn, Abby, Teresa, it's all too much. Realistically Abigail is the only one available, the only logical choice. I don't want that choice, already she's too crazy.

Sighing, I start pacing. Ms. Hill fine whatever but Evelyn, fucking Evelyn. Shit, did she want to. What's worse, that she did or didn't. Didn't of course. I'm not a monster but fuck! Did it have to be tonight while everyone was aware. Maybe they thought they were being quite. Can that be. Fuck!

Ow fuck that hurts. Looking down I look at my fist. Fuck! I had that millisecond thought but it is too late it doesn't register until my knuckles are hurting. Sighing, I sit down, pull my knees up, my arms on them and my head on my arms. I need to shut it down.

Minutes or hours pass. Looking up I take a shaky breath. Everything will be okay. Shut it down. Everything will be okay. Count as many stars as you can. Shut it down. Breath. I need to back away from it all. Ms. Hill we ended it. Abigail, shut that down real tight. Evelyn, be respectful. Don't get caught up in it. This isn't me. I don't dwell, cry, wait...cry?

I touch my face and sure enough my cheeks are wet. Fuck! Definitely can't do this anymore. Shove it down, forget it. Forget Evelyn, or at the very least keep my distance.

Standing up I go back inside, stop by the bathroom, wash my face, ignore my hand and go back to join them. I guess I wasn't gone that long, Timon and Pumba have turned up. Smiling at Maddie I sit next to her and I find myself laughing and singing along with the rest of the girls hiding my hand beside my leg. Forget Abigail, forget Ms. Hill and definitely forget Evelyn.

"Ah!" I sit up startled and look around me watching as everyone laughs. Looking at Maddie on my lap I realize I was the joke. Grinning, I pick Maddie up and tickle her.

"What time is it?"

"8 am."

"Jesus, why are we up?"

"Evelyn made breakfast and I think other than you no one has an issue waking up." Liz says with a smile before laying next to me which of course leads Sophie to lay next to Liz and Maddie to jump on all of us.

There's a knock and Evelyn is at the door. I look down before she can catch my eye. "Hey ladies, breakfast is ready, there are pancakes, bacon and eggs." That voice, that beautiful silky voice will be my undoing.

"Thank you Mommy."

"Thank you Mrs. Nox." I along with Sophie and Liz say. Liz is giving me a weird look and of course I ignore it.

Standing up I help Sophie up while Liz helps Maddie up. I move towards the bathroom but wince when I feel a hand grip my bruised knuckles, thank the Lord I did not break the skin. I look up, Liz is looking down at my hand I'm looking at her, she starts saying something and I shake my head. Letting go she turns and starts hanging out with Maddie.

Going to the bathroom I look down at my knuckles. I wouldn't say my hand looks normal but again at least my skin didn't break. Sighing I wash them, my jaw clenching over my stupidity. Last night was not one of my best moments. Washing my face and teeth I look at my face. Other than the yellowing marks on my neck I look good. Real damn good. Tossing the bandaid I smile now I look even better.

Going back to the room I grab my long sleeve shirt and put some jeans on. Luckily everyone else has already gone downstairs for breakfast.

"I hope everyone had a good time last night." Evelyn's voice breaks the silence.

"We did, thank you Mrs. Nox." Sophie, the most polite person I know responds.

"Yeah, it was really nice. Your husband is very handsome too." Fucking Liz, she's staring straight at Evelyn. I sat to the right of her Maddie between us. Liz in front of me and Sophie between Evelyn and Liz.

"He is, yes." I can feel her eyes. No one else can tell me differently. They are burning a hole in my face and I refuse to turn and look at her. Instead I serve myself using my left hand keeping my right under the table. I'm ever grateful Liz and I practiced eating with both hands when we were kids otherwise this would be a bit awkward. What can I say? We wanted to be great at everything.

"So I saw there was some ice cream and cake I don't remember having."

Maddie turns to look at me with wide eyes. I smile at her and take another bite before I start responding but before I can Maddie responds.