All Comments on 'Starlight Gleaming Ch. 21 Pt. 01'

by TJSkywind

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandalmost 4 years ago
WHAT!

No one was shot!

Great chapter, I am always looking forward to your wonderful story.

unctadskunctadskalmost 4 years ago

After a long time a really good chapter with proper moods and story alignment. Hope the rest of the chapter follows the same flow.

Great

Sinuhe

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 4 years ago
Outstanding!

I do so love this epic story of yours. Thank you for the dedication and talent shared with every chapter posted. This has made my day, and of course am eagerly awaiting the next installment.

Alba_ReserectedAlba_Reserectedalmost 4 years ago

Really enjoyed that, love his story and the characters!

bhojobhojoalmost 4 years ago
Yes Yes Yes Yes ! Finally Finally!

Well that was no what I expected it to be. Izel sometimes seems so worldly wiser and sometimes an ingenue. I guess she has way more exposure to power and politics than sex and relationships. One thing is bugging me when I re-read the whole series. When we find out Minister supay is the emperors first cousin he is said to be the son of the emperor's younger sister. That would make him the emperors nephew. He should be the emperor's aunt's son . Also I can't imagine how Ranji could ever stay away from janetta for 12 years,that would be so sad. chapter one rewrite please !!!

stoshbstoshbalmost 4 years ago

I never imagined I’d find a story that dragged me in and kept me enthralled anxiously waiting for the next installment as this one does. I can’t wait for the next installment.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful!

A new submission from you is always a treat! This one may not have been as long as previous submissions, yet it was extremely satisfying. When an author is this creative, then the longer the better, as far as I’m concerned. Your skill at world-building is exceeded only by your talent as a wordsmith. The amount of research that you’ve done is phenomenal. Your choice to use Early American cultures as a venue was brilliant. Seldom have I ever read anything set there, and the juxtaposition of the different clashing cultures is done very well, allowing us to feel the various characters’s bafflement when presented with a contradicting viewpoint. Their growth, or lack of it, is fueling all the conflicts quite nicely. I eagerly await the confrontation with Lady Izel’s brother and his minions. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 4 years agoAuthor

OMG! Double facepalm time. Chapter 21, not 20! Argh! <sigh>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Way too long

I had to skim most of this chapter just to get through it and come on man, no one needs to know janetta has a bloody crotch, fucks sake its vile

sailandoarsailandoaralmost 4 years ago
WOW Again . . . .

. . . now I begin waiting for the next chapter . . . . . . . . (sound of finger tapping)

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 4 years ago

5 ⭐️ As Alway

This is one of those times that I wish I could give more than 5 stars. It was so good I just had to read it again, slowly. I tend to gobble it whole on the first read-through.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Well, I'm paused at the moment, distracted by making pristine versions of the previous chapters. Chapter 1 has been reduced to 6 pages (about half a Lit page) and I'm seriously thinking of updating the first chapter online. Chapter 2 went to a second volunteer reader this evening. Part of my motivation is getting the first novel ready for ebook publishing so I can quit worrying about running out of food each month (health issues continue, too). I'm also still recovering my working file (Windows froze and hosed the file's header information, and it took days to recover the data with a loss of all formatting.

To -- Way too long

Yes, most people are grossed out by menstrual flow, but as Ranji says, it's a simple part of biology. Men provide the seed of life, but both life and death pass through the body of a woman each month. That's actually powerful stuff, even when the woman is feeling miserable; it's better if they don't experience that pain, of course. Yet it doesn't diminish their innate power and magic. Even when everything works as it's supposed to and with modern medicine on hand, pregnancy can be dangerous. I think it's better to not make a big deal about a woman's menses. Many religions consider a woman to be unclean while it's happening, and some groups shun the woman from the rest of the group. No matter how you look at it, the women are being punished and shamed because of her own body -- something she has NO control over. Because that monthly event is so reviled, think about the impact of the psychological damage such has on young girls? Talk about a blow to a young woman's self-esteem that all too often is carried into adulthood. Personally, I think it's better for the family to give hugs and a little slack if tempers get short and skip the shaming entirely.

But the point of it all was to show that Calia was aware of their needs before either woman said a single word. One could chalk it up to the fact she already knew that Janetta and Zinja were currently dealing with that matter. Or, simply add that to the fact that Calia the evening before had neutralized the venom of the fer-de-lance (Bothrops asper), arguably the deadliest pit viper in the Americas, surpassing the Jararaca and the South American Bushmaster; nauyaca is the Nahuatl word for the fer-de-lance.

All in all, I'm blown away by the reception for this "chapter"; in a normal novel, this is about six or seven chapters. Ah, well. Looks like the shorter releases are a hit. So noted.

Wishing everyone health, success, and happiness. Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can't wait for more

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and now I can't wait to read want happens next. Please continue this story to its conclusion.

priyank2020priyank2020over 3 years ago

WE WANT MORE!!

Hey there, it's a masterpiece you've written. The only story I've found matching up to this is 'the link' . And this series beats it big time.

However, I have some constructive criticism here.

First, the way janetta dictates ranji's sex life and makes a 'timetable' seems to be disturbing. Also, I'd expect more love from the woman I'm chasing for 2-3 years , well let's say I found janetta to be rude. Finally, a request......

Please please please please please bring Melanee Siroptic back now that both commander orchid and second sergeant innati are gone. I really request you to have her as a major character in upcoming chapters. Also the statement -'not on the first date, maybe later' piqued my interest.

And finally, thanks for this amazing series and pls provide regular chapters and updates.

LLAM NUQAN!!

BigDog167BigDog167over 3 years ago
You may have to upload the new chapter again.

If you uploaded on a weekend, many times it will get lost in the shuffle.

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960over 3 years ago
Next chapter?

Updated profile says you submitted next chapter days ago yet has not made it to moderation.

Also, should this chapter be renamed to ch. 21 pt 01?

Thx TJ

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 3 years agoAuthor

Why is this not Chapter 21 part 1? It was supposed to be. Where is Chapter 21 Part 2? Check my comments on my profile.

Thank you for your interest. All the best. Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loving this story

I’m really enjoying this story and I want to send lots of appreciation for your hard work and creative writing! So looking forward to finding out how it all pans out! I hope Janetta gets to kill Minister Supay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next Chapter

You still having problems getting that next chapter up? I’m eagerly awaiting it. This is a really great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Publishing the next chapter

It seems like publishing the next chapter really has been a shitload of complication.

Good Luck TJSkywind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Over the past years I have read man hundreds of stories in the Literotica site. The ‘Starlight Gleaming’ series is perhaps my favorite. Please continue to the story.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 1 year ago

Excellent story it just keeps getting better. The second time through for me. I love the detail and somewhat deadpan humor!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTJSkywind@TJSkywind
================================== STAND-ALONE TALES Shattered Dreams - Erotic Horror /Celebrity/SF story about Ripley of Aliens; non-erotic ================================== A reader, gyfurune, correctly proposed a chronology of my stories a few years ago. I will endeavor to...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES