Stay

Story Info
Sara crosses a line, and questions everything around her.
1.7k words
4.6
2.5k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"See, it's looking quite good. You can tell by the quickness of the reflex. See how as I touch, there is almost immediate response. That, that is what we want." Davis reaches out and presses quickly yet gently against Tia's forearm. It moves backward with ease, just some.

"Hmm, understood. Is she entirely performing up to specs in regards to this?" I ask.

"I am proud to say that after so much time working on this project," He laughs, "that she is. Even her eyes. So long now they have had trouble tracking as well as our's might, but now... now, well, for lack of a better word, it really is quite a sight to see in action."

I stare at Tia. With every passing day I have become more and more fascinated and intrigued by this thing before me. It is performing lightyears ahead of what it was only a few months ago. The change has been... remarkable. She can roll her shoulders, she can move her leg out, fully extend it. Slowly...

Oh, god. It's happening again. I imagine seeing it again as I did that day, seeing each of her legs slowly extend, fully, one by one, so smoothly, and then... part. There is nothing to see really, but the suggestion of womanhood is there, and the shape of the thighs. It's seamless. It's... not human, more elegant than human. I feel heat between my legs, a burning ache.

I am ashamed. I wonder if I'll be able to get this under control. Can I continue with this? Is this wrong for me to feel, or... are more people destined to feel this way about these things?

I come back to reality with a slight shake of my head and tune back into Davis.

"We will be doing more frequent testing, more frequent interaction and communication testing. Would you like to be there for her film viewing tomorrow?" He asked, smiling. "You have really been picking up the pace lately. I can see your interest growing. This is something special, Sara. We have a real chance here. From what I've heard, we have a real shot with TIA. Her intake speed is quite significant."

I didn't know how to feel about that. I felt nothing inside me, but a pit of confusion in my gut, However, I responded with complete enthusiasm. "Of course. I look forward to it. This demonstration alone is very encouraging."

"Right. I will see you tomorrow then. I will leave you to the rest of your day, or rather, your evening. Thank you for being here at the somewhat odd times you've had to be. Trust me," He said, looking down and away in a way that made me think he was remembering something sad, "I know that it is hard. I know it is hard prioritizing research over, well, most everything." He looked up and away. I felt a pang of pity for the man. He righted himself from memory and looked back into my eyes. "See you tomorrow. Keep a close eye tonight. You know the drill. I don't have to tell you."

And he didn't. I knew the drill.

Davis closed the door.

I awaited Harry, who was to man the desk so I could take a break and have something to satisfy the gnawing hunger growling in my stomach.

As I waited, I ached to touch it... her. Just to see, see for myself, to feel her pull back, because of my touch, because she sensed my skin and knew to respond as we had asked of her. My fingertips felt rough, looking at hers, near translucent, with an almost powdery finish to them... meant to feel like real, soft skin, smoother.

I blushed, and to my horror I felt myself getting... wet. I was pulsating deep inside. I sighed audibly, put my hands to my face, and took a deep breath. Then, without control and without thought, I reached out. I grazed Tia's synthetic skin. It felt indescribable. All I knew was that I wanted that feeling, all... all over me, on my lips, on my thighs, on my...

As expected Tia's forearm jerked back momentarily and in that moment I wanted, I needed, more, more.

Then Harry walked in, disrupting my indiscretion. His frizzy red hair was a shock. Staring at Tia was like looking at the moon, so cool in hue... So any warmth was a surprise.

"Hi Sara. Glad to see me?" Harry had a nice smile. He had been hired-on when I was. We had some inside jokes, had shared a sandwich, a sneaky cigarette.

"You have no idea." I said it in jest, but, I meant it, so, so deeply. "I'll be back in 30."

"Yep, that's the drill." I paused, grabbing my things. That's the drill. Davis had said that too. Is that what Tia requires? People to... I let the thought go, let it meander to the recesses of my mind.

--

In the cafeteria, I had some time to recover. I had been visiting other departments to see various projects and speaking to both new employees and prospective employees (I like to call them future NDAs,) all day.

I filled my plate to the brim with anything that looked good, got a soda, and sat down to eat. The sun came through the windows. Cold, pale light. Winter light. Tia light. Cool, soft, so... so soft.

I quickly swallowed some of my drink as I almost forgot to swallow. My imagination is running wild with me, I thought, This is absolutely ridiculous. I need to get out, to make new friends, to find a partner, someone, anyone-- literally anyone that's enough, to stop this strangeness.

I scrolled through my phone, checked social media. Everyone with their people, surrounded by things, and going places...

What am I? Do I exist solely to be in this building, to try and prove something to the world? Something that might very well be dangerous?

I thought of the horticulture lab I had visited earlier, and about staring at what I was told was an extremely poisonous plant. I took notes to pass to others in my department. The thing looked so poisonous it seemed as though its leaves had withered themselves, like the poison was eating away at it But, then the flowers it produced were bright with color, dazzling really, like an invitation. Smell me, pluck me. I felt sick to my stomach.

Yet, my day was not over. After splashing cold water on my face in the bathroom, and taking deep breaths as I walked back down the corridor, I found myself back in the room with Tia.

Tia, out of her glass case now. On full display. Arms spread. I thought of an angel's wings... The suggestion of her breasts was more obvious to me than ever before, and I noticed that they seemed... pliable. My mouth watered without permission.

"Well I'm here too, you know," said Harry. He quirked a smile at me. "What's got you so interested right now?"

"I don't know, Harry. Do you think this is... never mind. We should not be discussing these things. We have our tasks. We know what the goal is."

"Hey, Sara. It's me. You can talk to me. Do you want to meet before tomorrow and just tell me what's on your mind?" His voice sounded so genuine and I wanted to relax into it like a chair that softly embraces you.

"Okay, when and where?"

"Coffee shop. Hour before?"

"Ok, I will see you then." I smiled meekly.

"Are you going to be ok until then?" He turned his head and looked at me with a hint of concern.

"Oh, yeah." I said, trying to backtrack a bit and make this interaction end. "I will be ok. I'll see you then. I'll play Tetris." I joked.

"See ya." He grabbed his bag and smiled as he gently closed the door behind him.

Four more hours here, standing guard.

I watched her, watched her, keeping my eyes pinned for so long, for hours, until they started to fall shut on their own accord. I smacked my cheeks and widened my eyes and turned back to the computer.

The numbers change but stay within a steady range.

A bright blue suddenly illuminates the screen. I furrow my brow as I find the communication box is being used. My heart starts to race a million miles a minute, a million miles a second. I remind myself of where the emergency button is. Her communication text is empty in sleep-mode. She doesn't communicate that way, anyway really. That channel is usually closed on this display.

It says only one thing, in bold letters, and I ache. It says, AGAIN

I am losing it. I am losing my mind. Certifiable. With fear in my eyes, pupils widening to take in any danger, I look to her, and swear I see her hand twitch slightly, her head loll as much as is allowed, and, more concerning than that, I see something I've never been told about, or have ever seen before. A warm color, a radiant orange-yellow, with a deep rose-red center, pulses in and across her chest, spreading down her spine, down... then lower still.

I blink, and it's gone. Nothing, like nothing had happened at all. The communication box is empty. I search for evidence in her history. I search for a record of her communication. Of anything, of any change, of any difference, of whatever that was.

There is nothing, nothing but Tia - exactly as she was before.

At this moment I have a decision to make- press the emergency button, leave and never never come back to this place, or stay, and pretend that this didn't happen, pretend that I'm... still sane?

Blue lights again on the communication box. STAY/NO HARM

And again, all history of outreach deleted, unseen.

For the last hour of my shift, I am the most awake I think I have ever been. And all I can do is stare, at her, at it, and the worst part? I still want to touch her, because I think it means what it says when... what she says... when... and I want, I need, to see her glow again.

I go home in a daze, like a dream. Saying goodnight to Robert was a blur, walking, leaving, driving, being back home, and drifting off into an electric abyss of disturbed sleep, all a blur.

He didn't see anything. He didn't say anything.

We... have a secret.