All Comments on 'Steamboat Willy Ch. 03'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very good

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The story is still going strong

Grey Eagle:

It's still a pleasant read with humor in just the right places. Thank You. Ronnie W.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
This is a little too farfetched for me.

Richest, meanest, smartest, most beloved, greatest lover, war hero on earth. He is god.

Too farfetched to entertain or get me involved with.

I will be a minority of one.

You writing is very good. The fantasy has grown just too unbelievable.

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayabout 18 years ago
YEP...

loved it...keep it going please and hurry (begging)...*smile* i do love this story. looking forward as always to reading you respectfully fan in Texas naynay

caption_guycaption_guyabout 18 years ago
A gentle rejoinder...

to an earlier comment.

Yes, it is a fantasy. But it's not pretending to be gritty realism. I, for one, do enjoy an occassional something where, "all the ladies were beautiful and all the gentlemen were gallant."

Grey Eagle's tales strike me as an updated version of the romantic (in the antique sense) novels of the 30's, 40's and 50's. In the tradition of Mario Pei and Raphael Sabbatini.

More contemporary practicers of this tradition might be O'Brian, Clive Cussler, or Bernard Cornwell. (Grey Eagle, don't let this go to your head too much!) Grey Eagle usually picks a contemporary setting for his stories (like Cussler), but the "spirit" of the tales seems much the same. Besides, Grey Eagle seems to be a contemporary of mine - and us greybeards have got to stick together against young(er) whippersnappers. ;-)

Anyway, I'm willing to suspend disbelief for the sake of a good, well-written, interesting tale. And I usually increase my knowledge of certain subjects for good measure.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Well, we all know

and enjoy a little of the fantasy land. But who knows---if you moved in the billionaire circles it might seem rather real!!

Makes enjoyable reading even so!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wealthy unimaginable experiences.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous