Still The One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Though he chuckled about some of what she said, it never occurred to him, but she was probably right, she'd have to do her best to look good, working in an office full of twenty and thirty somethings, especially if she wanted to try and blend in and not look her age. But he'd always thought she looked amazing, even in just a pair of sweats, like now. As far as he was concerned she was still the sexiest woman alive.

Still, he had to ask, "So, then why was calling you sweetie and booking a hotel room for the two of you?"

"Jordan, you would have to understand Martin. He's a great boss, and a wonderful man, which is why we've all given up trying to explain to him that he should not refer to the women that work for him as sweetie, honey, doll face, cupcake or god forbid sweet-cheeks. He's from another time, when men got away with talking to women like that. And he wasn't booking a room for the two of us. All twelve of us in the office meet at the Sheraton on Fridays for lunch, which I'm pretty sure I've mentioned. And he books the same quiet table at back for us every week, and we bring our tablets and brainstorm while we eat. It's a really good way to keep up us motivated and working as a team, and for Martin to show that he appreciates how hard we work. Everyone in the office thinks it's great, and so do I, which is one of the reasons I enjoy my job so much, not only does it pay well, but I know my efforts are appreciated. But best of all, I get to work in design, with really talented people, and you know I've always loved working on interior spaces. But now with this job, we're designing things like entire hotels, which is challenging, but so much fun, sometimes I can't believe it's what I do for a living. Remember, I even redecorated your mom's house for her when we first got married, and she's been kind enough to let me tinker with it ever since. She probably didn't tell you, but just last week I put up new curtains in her bedroom, since the old ones were looking a little tired, and that way I'll get to change the color scheme for her, too."

He blinked a few times as what she was saying began to sink in. "So, you're saying that you were never fooling around on me?"

Heaving a sigh, she said, "Jordan, why would I even want to? We were so good together, that it would never cross my mind to even look at another man. So, is that why you shut down and stopped sleeping with me, because you thought I was seeing someone else?"

He shrugged, and dropped his gaze to the floor, feeling pretty foolish now that he knew the truth -- that he'd been wrong about everything. But finally he looked her up at her and explained. "When I read those texts, I felt sick. And I could hardly look at you after that, it killed me to think that you were going behind my back and hooking up with some guy you met at work. And I just figured you thought I wasn't good enough for you anymore, with you working with all those professional types all day, and me just working with my hands."

Her expression softened. "Jordan, I thought you'd know by now that there's never been anyone for me but you. But when you shut down and stopped sleeping with me, I thought you were seeing someone else, and I thought if I asked you for a divorce and you agreed, then I'd know you wanted out."

God, he couldn't believe what he'd done. His sons had tried to tell him that their mother was as miserable as he was, and that he should try and talk it out with her before they did something major like getting a divorce. But now he just hoped she still cared enough to give him another try. This whole thing was such a mess, and it was so crazy that they'd both been hurting over nothing. Finally he looked into her eyes and told her, "I never stopped loving you, Tess, even when I thought you'd cheated. And after I moved out, I did think about phoning you to try and talk things out, but I guess my pride got in the way. I figured if you wanted to be with someone else, I wasn't going to grovel and beg you to take me back. But now I wish I had, then we could have worked things out before it went this far."

Tess smoothed her hand along his arm and told him, "Jordan, if you'd have just asked me about the texts when you saw them, I would have explained, and none of this would have happened and we would never have split up."

"So... do you think you can ever forgive me for acting like such an ass?"

Holding back a smile, she wrinkled her nose, looking like she wasn't too sure, but then, seeing the hopeful look in his eyes she gave in, pushed up on her toes, wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. And when he groaned and crushed her to his chest, and instantly deepened the kiss, she sighed, thrilled beyond belief to have her husband back.

And just then they both looked up when the overhead light started to flicker and then went out, shrouding them in darkness. Jordan grinned. "Looks like the powers out," he said, squeezing her ass. "So, I'm thinking we're going to be sleeping by the fire tonight."

Just the idea of getting naked with him and making love by the light of the fire, like they used to love to do, had her tingling from head to toe. And she couldn't think of a more perfect way to reconcile.

Seeing no point in waiting, after being without her for what felt like an eternity, Jordan picked up his gorgeous wife and carried her into the family room. Then he smiled into her eyes as he set her down on the carpet. Gazing down at her, he loved the way she was looking at him, like she was still crazy about him, the way she used to look at him when they'd make love for hours.

He tugged the blanket off the couch and tucked it around her, telling her, "Wouldn't want you to be cold."

Tess grinned and murmured, "Then maybe you should warm me up."

No need to tell him twice, he chuckled as he got onto his knees, took hold of the waistband on her mauve sweat pants and started to tug them down over her thighs, groaning when he saw that underneath, all she was wearing was a tiny white lace thong that barely covered her sex. He shook his head, wondering again how he'd managed to live without her for these last few months, and all because he'd been too stubborn to ask her what was going on. And in the end, he'd only been denying them both the pleasures they'd always enjoyed.

Then when he lifted the matching sweat top over her head, and his gaze dropped to her luscious breasts encased in sexy sheer white lace, he could actually feel his cock stirring in his pants. Lucky bastard that he was, he'd married one hell of a beautiful woman, who he was just glad had it in her to forgive, even something that had almost destroyed them.

When Tess reached her arms out to him, he dropped down and covered her body with his, eagerly licking into her mouth, mating with her tongue as she wrapped her legs around him, and his erection slid against her, exactly where they both needed him to be.

When she started to tug at his shirt, Jordan pushed his weight onto his hands, and chuckled as he watched her work at getting his shirt off. And once she'd slipped it over his shoulders, baring his chest to her hungry gaze, she licked her lips and moaned as she ran her hands over his tightly muscled pecs, all the way down over his wash-board abs to his jeans, where she popped the button on his fly, grinning slyly into his eyes at the prospect of seeing him naked.

Keeping her gaze locked on his, she began to tug down his fly, telling him, "Do you have any idea how much I've missed this with you? Just being close and being able to touch you?"

Jordan nodded. "I'm sorry, Tess. I know I screwed up."

The moment he said it, she pressed a finger to his lips and said, "Shh, no more apologies, okay? It's over so let's just put it behind us. All I want now is for us to be back to where we were before. Except..."

When she hesitated, he said, "Except what?" He rolled to her side and leaned on his elbow to look at her and waited, hoping like hell it was something he could fix.

She ran her hand over his cheek, stroking her thumb across his perfect lips. "Well, if I'm going to be honest, I really would like you home more. And I'd love it if you could try and come home in time to have dinner with us. But more than anything, what I really want is for you to start to live a little and not work so hard. We're more than comfortable now, especially with me working now, too. And I don't want anything to happen to you, Jordan, especially not after what we've just been through."

Surprised that she'd bring up how hard he worked, he rolled his eyes. "But I've been working for us, to give us a nice house, and the kind of life we enjoy." He waved his hand around, "And even this cabin, so we can get away when we want to."

"I know you have, and I appreciate everything you've done. But now I think it's time we got to enjoy our life a little more, because I want what we had before, I want that closeness, when you'd come home and pull me into your arms and kiss me right in front of the kids, like there was no one in the room but us. I loved how you were, when you'd rush home every night and you couldn't keep your hands off me."

Slowly he began to nod, and finally heaved a sigh. "Actually, my brother and I have been talking, and his wife Jen has told him the same thing. So, we're looking at hiring a few more guys, and it'll probably help the business too, if we're not stretched so thin. And then we can both get home at a reasonable hour." He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her against him, running his hand along her back. "And I'll do whatever it takes, Tess, because I don't want to lose you again. You and the boys are my whole life, and I really felt it when I was alone, because I sure didn't like living without my family. It was hell coming home to an empty apartment every night, wishing you were in my bed."

Waggling her eyes brows playfully, she said, "Well, lucky for us, we're together now." Grinning, she pushed his jeans down over his hips, her eyes going wide and her mouth falling open when she saw that underneath, he'd gone commando, and was already hard. Taking her time, she slid her hand over him from balls to tip. Then she wrapped her hand around him and gave him a few hard strokes. But she laughed at the way he was rolling his eyes and groaning, especially once she slid her leg over his hips and crawled on top of him. Then she stopped being playful, and whispered over his lips, "Jordan, I hope you know ever since you first asked me to the prom, you're all I ever wanted. And it could be we needed to go through this, so we could have this talk. And who knows, maybe now things can be even better than they were before."

Loving the feel of her warm soft body blanketing his, lost in the feel of her, he ran his hands from her scalp down over her back and then slipped them into her panties and squeezed her ass, and told her, "You know, as hard as this has been on both of us, you could be right."

Grinning at him, she tipped her head. "Now... where were we, before we started all this talking?"

Chuckling, he pressed his lips to hers and whispered, "I think we were planning to make love non-stop, all weekend long."

Tess was already shivering at the prospect as Jordan began to work her panties down over her thighs. As she wiggled out of them, she giggled, feeling surprisingly giddy at the idea of finally getting busy with her big studly husband again. Then staring straight into the heated look in his eyes, she unclipped her bra and tossed it over shoulder, trembling as he pulled her hard against him, and claimed her mouth in a fiery hot kiss.

The moment she reached between them, took hold of his erection and began to push it inside her, both of them rolled their eyes and let out matching long slow groans, blown away at how good it felt to finally be joined together like this again, after so many months of depravation.

"Oh, god, I've missed this," Jordan murmured as he thrust his hips up to push inside her a little deeper, blown away by how amazing it felt to sink into all that tight wet heat.

"Mmm," she moaned, brushing kisses over his face as he squeezed her hips in his hands, groaning out loud at the feel of her clenching around him as she started to ride him, murmuring, "Oh, god, Jordan, you feel so good."

"Tell me about it. I feel like I've been starved for the last few months, and now I'm feasting. I can't even describe how incredible it feels to be with you like this, Tess. Especially since I thought we were done and it would never happen again."

And when she sat up high and really started to ride him hard, Jordan looked up at her and just stared, mesmerized by the sultry look in her eyes as she gazed deeply into his. Overwhelmed with emotion, he tugged her down to his chest and wrapped her in his arms, kissing her with everything he had. He knew one thing; he would never be able to get enough of her, especially after having to go without her for what felt like forever.

Then he surprised her when suddenly he flipped her onto her back, making her squeal, at least until he looked her deep in the eyes and quietly told her, "I love you, Tess."

Cupping his face in her hands, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears she whispered, "And I love you. And I'm so glad I've got you back."

As he feathered kisses over her face, Tess decided that nothing felt more romantic than making love with their bodies bathed in the warm seductive glow of the fire, the soothing hiss and crackling of the logs the only sounds in the room, aside from the elated sighs coming from the pair of them.

Utterly captivated by his beautiful wife, Jordan traced a finger along her jaw, then kissed her lips, her chin, tracing a warm path with his lips along her neck, till finally he slid his tongue over her nipples, and gently tugged each one between his teeth, loving how hard she shivered as he smoothed his hands down along her slender waist, till he was cupping her ass in his hands, massaging her in his palms. Then lifting his gaze, grinning at the look of anticipation in her eyes, he kissed his way over her taut little tummy, smiling as the familiar little blonde curl over her sex tickled his nose. And once he parted her slick little pussy lips with his thumbs, he let out a deep satisfied groan as he ran his tongue along her hot, wet folds, blown away by the taste of her washing over his tongue, sure he'd never tasted anything sweeter.

Pushing his tongue into her pussy, giving her a nice little tongue fucking, he smiled at the way her whole body began to quiver. Circling her clit with his thumb, licking into her deep, he couldn't believe how close he was to losing it, just from lifting his head and staring up at the blissed-out look sweeping across her face. Every last inch of her beginning to tremble, until finally she let out a gasp, twisting her fingers in his hair, she threw back her head and cried out his name, shivering right to her toes.

Now that he'd had the pleasure of watching her come, desperate to get inside her, he crawled up her body, and sank his tongue into her mouth and nearly kissed her senseless. Then keeping his gaze on the expectant look in hers, fisting his cock in his hand, he slid it up and down along her slick folds, loving how anxiously she was starting to whimper at what they were about to do.

Then the moment he pushed inside her, his eyes drifted shut and he let out a groan, sure that nothing had ever felt as good as being buried deep inside his wife. He held still for a moment, just to savor the feeling of being locked together tight. Then he got up on his hands, and as he flexed his hips and thrust into her deep, he shook his head, convinced that he was sliding into heaven, her body just felt so perfect wrapped around him and squeezing him inside.

His heart pounding in his chest, and both of them desperately starting to pant, Jordan picked up his pace, tunneling in and out of her harder and faster with every thrust. As she wrapped her legs around him, squeezing him tight between her thighs, happily smiling into his eyes, he chuckled, rolling his eyes skyward, realizing just how blessed he was, that all those years ago he'd been lucky enough to find his match, and even after all they'd been through, they still had something too good to be denied.

Clutching her ass in his hands, he kept his gaze on hers as he slammed into her deep and hard, knowing how much she loved the feeling of him ravishing her, till they could hardly see straight. Though sometimes she liked it sweet and soft, he knew what really got her off was when he went all cave man on her ass. Knowing she was close, he gave her all he had, pistoning in and out of her ruthlessly hard, while she clung to him, sighing and gasping till finally she cried out, "Oh, my god, Jordan, I'm coming so hard." And he was right there with her, as soon as she started to fall to pieces, he growled and then with one last long hard thrust he felt himself explode, filling her up till he knew she'd be feeling it for days.

Wrapping his arms around her, he smoothed the hair from her eyes and gently kissed her, rocking her gently as she slowly came down from the high of coming harder than he'd probably ever seen her come. Though her eyes were still closed, he could see from her contented smile that she was feeling as over the moon as he was.

Once he finally rolled to her side and tugged close, both of them still fighting to breathe, Tess turned her head, looked up at him and murmured, "Wow." Jordan just laughed, reached for her and kissed her lips. As far as he was concerned what they'd just shared couldn't even be put into words. All he knew was this one night he'd never forget, making love by the fire and reconnecting on a level that left him almost too stunned to speak.

After he reached for the blanket to cover them, Tess said, "If we're going to spend the night here, and maybe tomorrow, too, I think I should call the boys to let them know. But my phone's in my purse and it's still in the car."

As Jordan brushed the hair from her eyes, he told her, "No worries, the cars locked, so I'm sure it'll be okay. And you can always use my phone. But boys already know we're here. I called and told them where we were headed when we stopped for gas. They're staying at my brother and sister-in-law's for the weekend, so they'll be fine. And if we're going to come clean with each other, it was actually Mark's idea for me to bring you up here. I think his exact words were: 'Dad, you need to get your head out of your ass and start talking to mom, or you're going to lose her.' And he suggested I find an excuse to bring you up here so we could talk it out."

Tess laughed. "Sneaky kid, he never said anything to me."

"Yeah, I talk to them pretty much every night before they go to bed. So, I've got a feeling they've been working on getting us back together probably since the day I left."

She narrowed her eyes. "So, I'm guessing there was never a real estate agent coming here today?"

He shrugged. "Well, I did talk to one a few weeks back, and she told me we could sell it in a heartbeat. But I told her that I needed to talk it over with you first. Knowing how much you love this place, I thought if I told you I was looking at selling it, that you'd want to see it again before it went up for sale. But I was never going to let it go. If we had split up, I would have just signed my half over to you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I couldn't sell it, and take it away from you."

"So is that why there's so much food in the fridge? And I'll bet you didn't even come up here with your brother and cousins, did you?"

"No, we did come up for a weekend. They had to talk me into though, because I didn't really want to be up here without you, since it would have been the first time I came here on my own since we split up. But I realized pretty fast that the 'guys' weekend, was actually meant to be some kind of intervention. I've got a feeling the whole family was working on getting us back together, and everyone just kept telling me that we made for each other and couldn't understand why we broke up. And when Jen, my brother Jace's wife found out I was going to try and get you up here for the weekend, she even baked us some of those biscotti she knows you like. And she even offered to bake us a heart-shaped cake, and send me up with some roses for you for Valentine's Day, too. But I knew you'd realize what I was up to if I started pulling all that out of the trunk -- especially with how the weather turned out, if I'd try to juggle all that with you in my arms over the ice, without dropping everything and breaking our necks."