All Comments on 'Stories We Ruined Together Pt. 08'

by Initiate_me

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Storyline sustains interest for me not so much because of any unusual twist/turns as it plays out rather because the main character is so real and textured — exudes self-doubt, confuses wants and needs, yet hesitantly, sometimes awkwardly engages with confidence. Yet, the phrase “I need you to want me” here said in the midst of sex reappears often in this storyline. She wrestles with this emotion even when talking about how well received is her writing (after all she is writing/revising with his input): “Yeah, some people do. I don't know how much they really care about it though, how much any of it actually means to them." Is she wondering how much she depends on what others think/feel about her (?). The sex scene, while erotic, is central to this chapter and is depicted/conveyed in a way perfectly consistent with storyline and two characters, especially her. The last paragraph captures her/them perfectly, almost poignantly — beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The weekend, a country inn tryst

To broach the next thing on the list

A plunge in ice water

Leads to something hotter

Her heart does her eyes shroud in mist.

5 stars

astushkinastushkinover 1 year ago

I hope there's more of this engrossing story on the way --- I'm on tentacle hooks

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"That I wanted this to be my last first-time with someone."

I'll think of this line the rest of my life...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous