All Comments on 'Stories We Ruined Together Pt. 11'

by Initiate_me

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Dramatic penultimate chapter, so I returned to the prequel and what you as author wanted to achieve. Resounding yes: this work is very interesting; you are writing something a bit different, something that feels plausible even through the stark drama of this chapter (largely because her character enables the plausibility) and you are clearly succeeding in creation of something ultimately about your characters. Like how Lizzie pauses to talk to us about how she sees herself/her behavior — not unlike a soliloquy. Sometimes frustrating for us when we recognize dissonance but that is surely your intention. In this chapter we continue to gain a deeper understanding of Ed’s challenges, shortcomings, demons in subtle and not so subtle ways. Bit odd that we see only vague reference to unapproved sex photos (no discussion) despite how photos affected Lizzie and relationship. Maybe true to her character? BDSM is not my favorite genre in part because of cliché and the common male dom/female sub trope — hardly erotic when done poorly. You avoid that shortcoming (as you said you would try to do in general at outset of this series) because the intense BDSM scene is entirely consistent with the characters you’ve created and their relationship. You characterized their relationship at one point in this chapter as quicksand (would agree). Maybe we are actually experiencing a happy ending to one of Ed’s stories. Obviously I enjoy/get caught up in your creativity; on edge to see where you take Lizzie. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The pain of burned love she denies

Hangs with friends and her book does revise

But Ed’s return sparks desire

That negates all her ire

Sex ensues with bound hands and blind eyes.

5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous