Stormwatch - A Queen & A Rook

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh yeah," he grinned. That evening she had confessed that she had a female friend that she occasionally has sex with her using pool as an excuse to start their trysts.

"And remember you said that you'd like to watch?"

"Oh yeah!" he grinned.

"Rhiannon agreed," Veronica held up her hand to prevent Josh from reacting quickly. "With some stipulations, which we'll talk about when I get back ok?"

Josh held her upper arms so she couldn't get past him. He wasn't rough but he was firm enough to let her know that he was serious. "Is that's what's bumming you out? Look, Nica, if it is, then I renounce the whole thing. I'll spend the weekend at the cabin and you guys can shoot pool and do girly things..."

"No, that's not it. It's just..." then she melted in his arms. "It's this damn meeting. I'll tell you all about it as soon as I get back." Then with a kiss that was a bit too passionate for "I'm going to a weekend meeting," she pulled on her coat and picked up her large messenger bag.

Josh walked with her to the door and smiled, "How late are you going to be?"

"I don't know," she sighed, "Don't wait up Effi, it's going to be one of those meetings." She's had meetings that went long into the night. She leaned over and gave him a kiss, "Maybe tomorrow we can get in some cabin time? Goodbye darling."

"Goodbye love," and she was gone, and so was his smile

Josh waited for a while, then he sat down at his computer and made airline reservations for late April, Buffalo to Jacksonville FL and return. After that he called a cousin down in Kingsland GA who works at a tourist bureau. As he did this his stomach started to hurt, there was something about this meeting that was starting to annoy him, Veronica looked too sad for this to be anything except his worst fear: the company going under. even though he hasn't been in the civilian world very long he's seen a lot of companies go under or get bought out. Josh has only been with Andalon for a year and change, but he loves this job, the company, and the people and he doesn't want it to end.

He picked up his phone and his stomach started to hurt even more. He knew he had permission, the CEO told him if there's a problem to text him, but Josh had no idea if this was a problem, what if Veronica was doing something behind Anthonie's back? Nevertheless, he sent a text to Anthony.

**What is with this meeting that V. is going to? She seems very sad**

He was sure that the company was going bankrupt. He's been in situations like that a couple of times, and he was always on the lookout for the company to go belly up. Jumping to Andalon was a big leap of faith because a small company going public like Andalon... it's a tough thing to do and going tits up is part of the game. And when the company officers start running around looking nervous and sad like Veronica, something is up. Saturday meetings were not unusual but for Veronica to be that sad about going to a meeting was unusual, she loves her job, and she loves most meetings. After a long time, an email came in from his cousin with an agenda for their trip, he printed it up and looked at his phone. He received a reply from Anthony.

**Meet with us. There's a little Greek place at Genesee and Harlem, Marj is there now**

What the hell? Josh pulled on a pair of jeans and a Georgia Bulldogs T-Shirt (gotta show the colors) and grabbed the papers he printed up. Then pulling on boots and a jacket he hopped in his Jeep pick-up and headed south to Cheektowaga. Cheektowaga is a town on the east side of Buffalo about a 30 minute trip from their home in Springville, first on the 219 expressway, then on the Thruway, then on the 33. In Western New York, most major roads are preceded by the article "the" when speaking.

Fifty years ago, it would have been well over an hour for the same trip because it would all be on back roads, residential roads, and farm roads. He occasionally takes the trip following the back roads because it's a pretty ride, big old houses with nice lawns, the smell of cut grass, horses watching as you pass. It's more stereotypically "country" than where he grew up, as Veronica is going to find out in a few weeks.

He exited the 33 on Harlem Road, and the Athens restaurant was at the next light south at Genesee Street. Surprisingly he saw some four plex apartments and a few duplex apartments, the type of which you would see on an old military base. He made a note to ask his friend Paul about it, Paul and his brother John grew up somewhere around here. By the time he got to the Athens Restaurant the weather had changed to a cold, miserable rain, this is what passes for winter weather in the Buffalo area: snow/rain/clouds/snow. He stepped inside the restaurant and saw back in the corner Marjorie waiving for him. As he approached her table, he noticed that she was sitting with a young blond woman.

He at once recognized the blond girl, she was Audrey Mitchell, Brandon Mitchell's daughter.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Veronica was wearing glasses and a scarf along with her dark overcoat when she checked into the hotel in Niagara Falls. With just the glasses her facial complexion changed, and people would be hard pressed to recognize her. She tried to keep the chit-chat to a minimum with the clerk, but the chubby clerk was the chatty type and was trying to cheer Veronica up. Finally, Veronica got two key cards and headed off to her suite where she took off her coat, scarf, and glasses then sent two text messages, then she took a clock radio out of her messenger bag and placed it on a hutch near the TV and nervously waited. Over and over, she prayed that this was some horrible nightmare, that Josh would be waking her soon with coffee and a cruller. She tried watching TV, but Josh has gotten her out of the habit of watching, so now when she turns on the TV everything looks insipid and stupid. She snapped the TV off in anger.

An hour later there came a knock at the door. Veronica went to the door and, fighting the sinking feeling in her gut, she checked through the peep hole and discovered that it was exactly who she was dreading seeing. Taking a deep shuddering breath, she opened the door and admitted Brandon and Emily Mitchell. "Good evening, Missus Gravely, or is it still van Köster?" said Emily as she eyed Veronica up and down like a side of beef.

Emily took off her coat and threw it over the settee displaying the black leather open cup corset she was wearing. The corset put Emily's large breasts on full display, her nipples were hard, her areola crinkling in excitement. The corset pinched her waist tightly giving her figure a delicious hourglass effect. Below that she wore no skirt, just tiny lace panties and thigh high black nylon stockings. She was dressed to fuck.

"You're looking especially inviting tonight, Veronica," Brandon said, trying not to drool as he gazed at her body like he was studying a menu.

Veronica was shocked at the stupidity of his statement; she was wearing gray capri pants and a tangerine colored short sleeve blouse. Whenever she wore this ensemble Josh knew it was time to get the heavy Kirby vacuum out of the closet. "What are you talking about? This is how I dress when I clean house!"

Brandon just grinned, he was wearing leather trousers and when he took off his jacket, she saw that he wasn't wearing a shirt, he was wearing a black leather chest harness. The harness was made of two inch wide leather straps, two straps came over the shoulders, two came from under the arms and all four straps met at a large ring in the center. It was held together with bright chromed buckles and rivets and gave Brandon's sunken chest a slight air of masculinity but seeing the Mitchells together like this terrified Veronica.

"Come on Vicky..." Brandon started as he reached for her.

"Don't call me that," Veronica snarled. When she was young, she was tall and skinny, nothing but knees and elbows, and she was constantly taunted by schoolmates "Vicky, Vicky, skinny as a sticky!" Now she only lets her dancing coach Mitch call her that.

Suddenly Brandon whirled her around and was standing behind her, holding her upper arms in a tight grip just above the elbows. He brought her elbows together forcing her to arch her back thrusting her breasts upward. "You know what you want Veron-Nica." He pronounced her name like it was an insult, and hearing Josh's pet name for her come out of his mouth made her nauseous. "You've been fucking me with your eyes since the day I was brought on board and now you have me."

"I don't want this; I don't want you. Let me go!" Veronica cried. "You said we were going to talk about the IPO!"

She struggled but he held her firm and now Emily began to unbutton Veronica's blouse. "Yes," hissed Brandon, "your Incredible Pussy Opening."

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

"Look," said Audrey as she tried to calm an angry Josh, "if you're into that kind of thing, I'm OK with it. Knock yourself out. Shit, I grew up with it. I'd have school the next day, but they'd be out until all hours of the night at one of their "parties" but they never seemed to get enough. I told him, "Dad, you've got to cool off because one day you're going to find someone who doesn't appreciate your kinky sex games."

Marjorie shook her head and looked at Josh sadly. "That's just one of the reasons why we're here. There are other things going on that Audrey is partially aware of now..."

Josh slammed his fist down on the table spilling coffee and water over the lips of their cups. "Marge, why the hell are we here?" he swept the air with an angry hand indicating the bustling restaurant.

Marj looked at him with sad eyes. "Josh, we have grown to know each other quite well over the past year, and I know how much you love Veronica." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, "We're here to keep you from committing murder."

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Now Emily had Veronica's blouse open, and she lifted Veronica's bra releasing her large, firm breasts. They dropped into place with a firm jiggle and Emily's hands went right to them, kneading, squeezing, everything Veronica would thoroughly enjoy if it were Josh doing it. "Ooo, Brad, these are real! You owe me twenty bucks! Now, let me see how big these nice pink nipples of yours are," Emily coaxed. In her spike heel boots Emily is the same height as Veronica and she began to rub her breasts against Veronica's, then she began to pinch and twist Veronica's nipples.

Veronica looked over at the clock radio that held a small camera that she set by the TV and almost cried, they restrained and teased her for fifteen minutes, but she needed to hold on until she heard enough. She looked over at the lamp on the table in the opposite corner, her breasts were exposed to the camera that she set there, and she realized this was the first time her breasts were exposed to any camera. If Josh were here that would be a completely different story, but he's not here.

Suddenly Emily shocked Veronica by yanking her capri pants down to her ankles and leaning closer to kiss Veronica's panty clad pussy. "We are going to fuck you so gooooood," crooned Emily as she started to tug down Veronica's panties.

"I don't want you! Let me go!" demanded Veronica.

"You're going to be begging for more the minute my cock is finally in that pussy of yours," Brandon chuckled in her ear.

That's when Veronica decided that this was enough and shouted "Stop it now! Now! NOW!"

Suddenly the door to the hallway burst open, as did the door to the bedroom and a closet door, the room filled with angry looking men who were holding pistols and wearing earpieces. Brandon released Veronica who sagged to the floor pulling her blouse around her. Veronica didn't even get a chance to sob because she was surrounded by her co-workers, Anthony Friedman, and the other two vice presidents, Stan Dombrowski and Emmit Katzman. "Are you ok honey?" Anthony kept asking and Veronica nodded her head yes, but she felt sick and sad inside.

"We need to check her out," an EMT told them over and over, but Veronica kept responding, "I'm ok, I just want Josh." She didn't even look up when she heard the handcuffs ratchet down on her attackers' wrists.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

"The Securities and Exchange Commission?" Josh asked in shock. The Securities and Exchange Commission is the governmental agency that enforces the law against market manipulation. Marjorie nodded sadly in response. Josh's mind was blown. "Holy shit, that guy must have been deep."

"Seven figures," said Marjorie softly. "And the Mafia doesn't play."

"Damn!" gasped Josh. "I didn't know the Mafia still existed."

Marjorie desperately shushed Josh. Not only does it exist, but it's also best not to talk openly about it in this neighborhood. The Mitchell situation was ugly; kinky multi partner sex was one thing, nonconsensual was a completely different matter, and the Mitchells were into gambling in a big way. From Atlantic City to Las Vegas and every reservation casino in between, Robert and Emily Mitchell were deep in debt, and most of those casinos were managed by a group of "gentlemen" that were looking to get into Big Tech in a Big Way and snagging up companies like Andalon who have a promising toe hold on the cliff face of technology was their forte.

"And Audrey?"

Marj gave Josh that "be quiet!" mom-face again. "Audrey is staying with Anthony and I while her parents work through their financial... issues."

Josh leaned over toward Audrey and said, "I know the Friedman tribe intimately, they can be a challenge. We'll check with Veronica but if you need some quiet, some time to unwind, our door is always open."

Sad little Audrey's eyes popped open; it was as if he promised a ride on a Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station. Her nipples still tingle when she remembers Josh in his dress blues. All those stripes, all those badges, all those ribbons! She looked at Marj and gasped, "Can I?"

"That's all up to Miss Veronica, let's give her some time to deal with this."

"Speaking of which..." Josh pulled out his cell phone and called Paul and asked him to light a fire in the cabin for him. It's only fair, he spent all last year lighting a fire in Paul's wood burning stove (or John's, or both) when Paul took Andi out on the town (Or John took Macy out) then decided to spend the evening in the cabin. As he got off the phone with Paul a vehicle pulled up and Veronica stepped out. Josh dashed from the restaurant and went outside to meet her, and they fell into each other's arms.

Not long later they were snuggling on the very couch where their love began, although it was now in Josh and Veronica's cabin. Even though the cold rain continued to fall on Cheektowaga, in the "snowbelt" it was snowing as usual. There was a big iron pot full of beef stew simmering over the fire and Veronica was happy where she was, wrapped in a warm blanket and snuggling with Josh. "I wish I could have told you," she murmured again.

"Baby, I understand all about classified information," Josh reassured her, "and it's ok. Stop apologizing. The one that should be apologizing is the jerk who came up with this hair brained idea."

"Umm..." Veronica buried her face in his shoulder hoping he wouldn't notice the redness.

"Umm... what?" asked Josh. Then he thought for a moment. "No. You? You came up with this whole sting operation?"

"Sort of... a little... maybe mostly," said Veronica in a tiny voice.

"Really?" Josh was shocked that she would do such a thing.

"When I found that he was manipulating the IPO and what he was doing with the stock offerings I took it to Anthony. Anthony verified my data and wanted to lock him up, but I said that if we can catch him red handed at something, anything, we can use him. That's when the FBI told us about who his partner was in this scheme." Josh and Veronica kissed, and Veronica continued, "After you proposed, Brandon started hitting on me non-stop."

"I didn't see anything," said Josh.

"He didn't have the guts to do it when you were around," said Veronica. "If he did, you probably would have beaten him to death."

"Nah. I woulda beaten him until he liked it," Josh paused then grinned, "then I woulda stopped."

"You're such a dork," she smiled wryly. Josh's attempt at humor lifted her spirits a little then she drifted back down into sorrow again. "So, Anthony, Stan, and Emmet decided to walk in on Brandon doing something questionable... like... assaulting someone. and I volunteered to be that someone, and since there was manipulation of our IPO was involved, Anthony invited the SEC. The SEC traced down Brandon and Emilies gambling debt and whom they owed, that's when the FBI was invited to the party."

"One thing gets me," Josh dared to ask a question he had since he stepped into the Athens restaurant, "What is with Audrey? what is her part in this?"

Veronica could have said, "I don't know," but that would have been dishonest, she knew from firsthand experience that it would be a lie. She hoped he could put the pieces together and figure it out when she said, "I can't talk about it." Veronica knew that she was going to lose sleep over Audrey's decision to be the whistleblower, in fact Audrey blew the whistle to Veronica in person. She walked into Veronica's office one day, right after Josh finished having lunch with her at her desk and walked out. Audrey came in and spilled her guts about her parents' plans, the sight of Audrey's tears and the sound of her broken heart cost Veronica many hours of lost sleep. Audrey didn't do it out of anger as many people would think. Yes, she was used as a sex toy by her parents from the moment she reached the age of majority, but she loved that, she's going to miss it. She exposed their dangerous dealings with the Mafia because she knew how much trouble her parents were in, and she didn't want them killed.

Without responding to Audrey's accusation, Veronica said "wait here," then walked into Anthony's office, interrupted a meeting with a potential investor and pulled Anthony into her office to hear Audrey's story, and it snowballed from there.

Josh didn't press Veronica for information, he kind of figured out that the reason why Audrey was there at the restaurant with Marjorie was of the whistleblower variety. Right now, his job was to support and protect the woman he loves. As for Rhiannon's visit, he'll worry about that later.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

For the rest of the winter Veronica was miserable, especially that dark day when the entire Mitchell family disappeared into the Witness Protection Program and saddest of all, Audrey never got to visit her hero. Helping Audrey deal with her sadness helped Veronica with her own, and now that fixture is gone. Not being able to help and feeling horrible for Veronica, Josh picked up Veronica's phone and searched through the contacts, he found one marked "Queen, Rhiannon, Pool" and sent her a text that said **I really need to shoot some pool**

Within a minute the reply, **Be there in 1 hour** appeared on the phone. Josh sighed, the best way to handle this is straight up. "Honey?" he called into the quiet house. He found her in the basement leaning on the silent washing machine and looking at the snow falling through the basement window. He reached into the upright freezer, grabbed two steaks, and shoved them in an insulated shopping bag. "Doing laundry?" he put his hand, which was icy from holding the meat on the back of her neck.

"Ow!" she cringed, then said, "Oh, hey. I was just thinking."

"Ok, while you're thinking, Rhiannon is the name of your "pool instructor" right?" Paul insured to get the air quotes around Pool Instructor just right.

"Yeah, why?"