All Comments on 'Strength of the Soul Pt. 02'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
truthandjustice99truthandjustice99over 1 year ago

Rhonda was a fool to give up custody Upon getting out she could petition to regain visitation rights and reestablish a relationship with her daughter. It always looks so easy on paper to give up your realtionship with a child

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. 👍 5stars

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Brigadier General is only one star, but this story gets five of the shiny fellas.

TooldmitterTooldmitterover 1 year ago

Being old enough to remember Sputnik 1, and the whole space race, I really enjoyed the style with which you wove this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Saddletranp makes fun reading…most of his characters are soooo off the charts…just like Marvel comics caharacters!! All his female protagonists act as if each fell on their heads at childbirth!! Emotionless stupid and op SOO over the top!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only thing bad I can about your writing is the wait for the next one

WordcraftWordcraftover 1 year ago

Your stories are always entertaining and food for thought. Thanks for a good read! Five *****

Rw43Rw43over 1 year ago

I thought this was one of your most entertaining tales. I love stories that move rapidly through the characters’ dialogue. It’s not exactly heavy literature, but the reader always knows what is happening and what the characters are thinking. And it makes 4 pages fly by.

<>

The technical and science-y details I leave to your creativity and/or expertise, but I do question if a space ship can be directly over any single fixed point on Earth if it’s 3200 miles up. If it’s 3200 miles over DC, isn’t it also 3200 miles over Baltimore? And Philly? And maybe 3199 miles over West-by-God-Virginia and the Federal Arsenal at Harper’s Ferry?

<>

Oops, wrong time warp. Sorry.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Too much of a Disney story for guys. And genetic testing was nowhere near being used.

Sorry man, this could have been good but shoulda, coulda, woulda.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 1 year ago

WOW!!! Out of the ballpark...5STARS

You must be an old conger. I haven't heard the term "churchkey" in ages

Thanks

Pete_from_aus01Pete_from_aus01over 1 year ago

Another Saddletramp home run. 5* all the way.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 1 year ago

Nice story, I did not agree with him taking her parental rights, the Ex did nothing to her daughter, that was just some petty bitch mode shit, and his ex should have refused to sign away her rights, after all 3years, is not that long. 3-Stars

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Great story! It is always nice to get something different submitted in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very average

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 1 year ago

I’m a space junkie from way back. Loved your story! Five well-deserved stars! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always enjoy saddletramp’s combination of cheating wife, history, and science fiction.

But I don’t understand why he had Kennedy survive an assassination attempt. Maybe I missed it, but I don’t see how it changed history in any important way in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I found the included "revisionist history" to be something of a detraction. I suppose that knowing some of what you are reading is not factual has a detrimental effect on it's believability.

As for science-fiction, the only thing in that category was the alien space vessel. And, if the revelations in some recent news are to be believed, even that (as a possibility) may turn out not to have been science fiction at all.

Overall, though, the story's narration had something of a clinical feel, and I wasn't able to "engage" with and enjoy it as much as I have with others of the Tramp's stories. So, for me, this wasn't one of his best efforts.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

Great story ST, it is always a pleasure to see where your writing juices will take you and your readers. Your fans always know that the trip through your scribbles and ciphers will be a most productive and fun story stretching our imaginations and leaving us very entertained. So KUDOS once again for your enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good stuff, 'Tramp. I don't care which direction or how far you travel in your stories, I'll always be following along. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When I see the name Saddletramp I know I'm in for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't know why you mix dialogue from multiple characters in the same paragraph, or in some cases, on the same line. It's very atypical and makes reading at normal speed more challenging that it needs to be. Two characters conversing, break up their dialogue (or reactions to the other speakers verbiage) onto separate lines/paragraphs, and reads much more naturally, without ambiguity as to who is speaking, or responding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just brilliant as always

6ulprsn6ulprsnover 1 year ago

Extremely well written as most of your stories have been. Prolific and talented are two simple words for your efforts. Thank you.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

And I’m singing the tune in my head!

beanburner69beanburner69over 1 year ago

Great story. Too bad JFK wasn't around to see Armstrong walk on the Moon.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Wow you are one heck of a story teller! Looking forward to your next tale!!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Excellent story, My Friend !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ending line should have been Fade to Men in Black.....

Robby_DRobby_Dover 1 year ago

Great story. Lot's of fun and eminently satisfying. 5 stars for this half, too.

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Just totally amazing!!! This story was you at your best. Partial fiction is definitely your forte. Please sir may we have more?

SBC97281SBC97281over 1 year ago

That is a good story well told! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very, very good storytelling!

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

5* no nitpicking here.

MissMudMissMudover 1 year ago

You have a wonderfully vivid imagination and real talent in translating it to stories I love to read! Thank you for sharing. I anxiously await your next one! 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With JFK winning his 2nd election, did Marilyn Monroe make it as well?

peterb5740peterb5740over 1 year ago

What a great read,with respect good work sir.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Another ST56 special. The depth of your imagination is impressive, sir. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just a minor nitpick. The flash of a nuclear blast comes not from the weapon itself but from the air around it becoming so hot it glows. In space there is no air so there would be no flash.

Otherwise, another good story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, far fetched but we were warned. My one question is, did you consider using Archer, Reed or Trucker as the hero’s surname to tie in with the title. Thank you

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019over 1 year ago

Really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing.

Rusty_MRusty_Mover 1 year ago

Dirty bastard deserved a televised firing squad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I know you don't believe me, but I did fall in love with you"

.......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 this made no sense. ..she's been fucking Jim ( his best friend the entirety of their relationship/marriage)🧐🤔.... if that wasn't bad enough. when jim tells her of his plan to kill her husband.. she said NOTHING to anyone... she was just going to let him die...if that's her definition of "Love", I'd hate to see her definition of "Hate"..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

any story from this writer is always a great read. keep um coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful feelgood fiction. Great job.

slowhand21slowhand21over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story very much. Kind of wish Jim suffered a little more—he should have died in a long, painful way.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

As usual, another very good and well written story. Worthy of 5 stars!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Yes there are questions but no answers are needed. Great piece of work, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! The only thing is, I didn't think there was any guy on earth that couldn't tell a 57 Chevy from a 58, they are completely different!

DontPanic442DontPanic442over 1 year ago

My personal Literotica hero succeeds again with a wonderful story. Thank you.

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

Boy, I really liked this! Sometimes Saddletramp's "Guys drinking beer, eating steaks and smoking cigars" can feel a little out of place in a post-1970 world, but placing this in the early 1960's was a match made in heaven. The alternate timeline was really nice, and I like the fact that he left a few mysteries in, including who shot Oswald. The inclusion of Deke Slayton was great--the character felt real, and fully-formed. Plus, it was a nice shoutout to one of the less-lauded members of the original seven. The same goes for the inclusion of the Enterprise theme--again, a less-appreciated part of the Star Trek canon, but a fun show that highlighted the Star Trek federation in its "Right Stuff" days. All in all, an outstanding pair of stories, and one of my favorites from a favorite writer.

NRBonzNRBonzover 1 year ago

yes, it's a "FIVE!" again. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always feel like inadequate when I comment on the work of top-quality writers like Saddletramp, for in truth I have never published anything--only written for my own and my family's enjoyment (at least I hope they've enjoyed some of it). Be that as it may, whenever I click on a story by Saddletramp I expect to read a story that is cogently thought out, carefully written as to style and plot development, and...at the very least--mildly entertaining, and...much more often than not--VERY interesting.

As to style and substance this tale holds up to expectations, so check to all the criteria Writers' Workshops cite as "must-haves". As to the "cogently thought out" aspect, the flow of the plot developments followed a natural course from one point to the next so that there were no glaring mis-directions in the psychological states of mind of the main characters, nor any plot deviations leading up blind canyons; the people acted as they would (or at least "might") normally be expected to, and while there was little nuance in the characters' behavior, there was also a general sense of "believability" as they moved from one phase to another of plot development.

Which leads to my only somewhat negative comment (though it's really not that negative); from where I'm sitting the story's ending was known from its beginning. I felt no tension as to whether any of the characters would ever "step out of character" and do something unexpected, or at least spontaneous. They all played their parts well, consistently. The structure of the tale meant that things moved at a predictable pace, which many find comforting--but it also meant there was no real anticipation of "things to come"--we already knew what was going to happen. Well we knew...except for the fate of the cheating wife Rhonda, who got burnt as she should have--but also lost (in the story) any interaction with her daughter Lisa, who got burnt when she shouldn't have...by losing her mother.

So would that be considered a "fault" in the course of the plot development? Not from where I sit--it's only a quibble which nagged at me as being "unfair" (to the daughter) but not fatal.

Once again, Saddletramp delivers high quality entertainment. I can only admire his consistency. 10 out of 10

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

How about a follow up on the aliens? Were they all in that ship and are now extinct or will they be back again someday? They must be humanoid if they wanted childbearing women. Probably related to humans in the distant past. Good story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done and thank you. I enjoy your alternate universe tales.

Only hole is why Jim/Rita/Mike were doing watched in the first place. Not enough to harm the story, just an unanswered question.

Looking forward to your next one, thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fabulous! A typically rollicking Saddletramp tale. 5 stars!

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg06over 1 year ago

Amazing

Love your ability to spin a yarn

Keep up the good work

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Most excellent. Love this. 5 stars!

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 1 year ago

Really appreciate getting lost in your universe for a few minutes. Brings balance back into mine. Thanks. Another great story!!! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

JFK was killed in Dallas in 1963. Got too much sci-fi going in your head? Not one of your better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yep, one can always depend on the Cowboy to always write a great story when he sits down and starts thinking about it. 5*s. Thanks!

JohnD46JohnD46over 1 year ago

Great story again. Thank you.

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Thank you, Saddletramp! It's ALWAYS a good day to see a new ST story here.

staliesinstaliesinover 1 year ago

I stood there looking at the staff sergeant as he took my dreams away. "Under current military regulations you are ineligible for service at this time" he said. I had engineered my school life to become a fighter pilot as it was the only way into the astronaut program in 1967. I was in ROTC at Texas A&M with my ballistic math already completed. When the human race got a man off the planet in 1958, I was 9 years old and all the Asimov, Hienlin , Poul Anderson books I read became a real possibility. A motorcycle accident at 16 killed it. The look on the sergeant's face was priceless as I collapsed on the steps and cried. This was the height of the VietNam war and he couldn't believe that a young man would be so hurt by his rejection. After I told him, with almost word for word quote here, he stood up straighter and saluted me, a first year cadet. I've had some respectful things happen to me but nothing means as much as that salute. I saw that, picked myself up, stood at my best "Brace" and I saluted him right back. Your story brought all that memory back. Because of my dad, I knew Yeager and the pilots at the test site near Las Vegas. Balls down to their socks, three trails in the sand guys, everyone of them. Thanks for a great ride.

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

The usual Saddletramp. I always read them

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
She Allowed The Plan To Murder Him. She Was Never His Partner. She Never Said She Was Sorry.

And she cheated on him his entire marriage, and he never had a clue? Never had a hint, never saw some odd, inappropriate interaction between his supposed wife and close friend, both of whom held him in complete contempt, disrespect, and used him like some deaf dumb and blind cuck? And he's OK with the courts being lenient with her? She had no knowledge of the details of her husband's murder, no evidence that the military didn't already have. All she really knew is that she apparently preferred fucking the asshole and allowing her husband to be murdered. The whole leniency thing was pointless and unbelievable. Yeah its fiction, and in this case Science Fiction. The only premise dumber is that the aliens just had one ship, that they had technology and capabilities beyond our understanding, but that they couldn't detect a space vehicle approaching their vessel, and apparently had no defense system or shield. Sure, OK, Why Not? Who gives a fuck. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding! Saddletramp you have become my favorite writer on this site. Do know how you develop your story lines, but they're full of emotions and excitement. Thanks 5*

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Saddle Tramp is the Greatest Writer on Lit! This Story is just another of the many "Home Runs" he has written. Fantastic Story. A Combination of James Bond and Star Wars! Just needed a jedi! LOL Not Really, I am just astounded at what a Great Writer ST is, this is an amazing Story! Great Plot, Great Writing, Wow holding on by the seat of my pants! Going up to fight the Space Aliens, Whoa, Thank You Mr SaddleTramp for a Great Read. I couldn't stop until I got to the end! 10 stars

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Outstanding story

I loved how you crafted those clever plotlines and dialogues. Good job ST1956.

/

I loved how you put your story in your make believe universe...

Yep, space program is pure fantasy. It's all made in a Hollywood basement.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 1 year ago

I absolutely loved this story! Also, being a long time ST fan, thanks for the reference to Star Trek: Enterprise.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 1 year ago

It was good, but it could have been better. I was interested in why the wife betrayed her husband so mercilessly and thoughtlessly. A bit more explanation would have been appreciated. That said, I always appreciate your contributions. Thanks very much and have a great holiday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great! How about a sequel where Lisa becomes a pilot in the Space Force defending the Earth against a continuing alien threat?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it. I’d have liked it more, if Mike’s and Harold’s testimony was included. When the General asked Mike about hitting Jim, I was hoping that the General would ask for some explanation.

Thanks for sharing.

pumpop201pumpop201over 1 year ago
Thank you.....

.....for another masterpiece. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I loved it but thought the final conversation/ confrontation just came and went. A bit more from her on how she thought what she was doing was okay as it didn't hurt them but realised too late that what she had done was monstrous and evil. When she got out her role in the plot to kill earth's saviour was leaked and she became a recluse looking after a dozen cats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual an outstanding story. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

just another great story

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

Now that’s a story to entertain a Viet Nam era Army Major who applied to be an astronaut but was turned down: “We have enough doctors already.” Five Stars.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

Simply fantastic!!! 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best..............of the many!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Great story.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Pretty good alternate history story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another good story from ST….but frankly, the conclusion of this tale did not live up to the promise set up by Ch 1. It was actually a bit flat….it just sort of….Sat there.

.

Never was an explanation for why Rhonda married Mike. Having a relationship with slime ball Jim before meeting Mike made her getting with Mike illogical — why do that AND keep fucking Jim? Huh? And the whole “destroy the aliens” plot just didn’t work. I mean, seriously? They were able —- in 1964 —- “sneak up” on an Interstellar capable race in a souped up X-15 and nuke it? Pulease…..

.

And finally…it was not explained why slimeball was even under investigation….and if so…why did Harold live near Mike and not Slimeball? Didn’t make sense.

.

Not one of your stronger efforts, ST…….still: thanks!

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Alittle far out from your normal writing but I believe you have a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done. It must have been fun (but challenging) while researching events and facts from 60 years ago. The quality of your work proves it was worth it.

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Really good story Tramp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

another journey into the mind of one of the best

steppinontoes

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great story, 5/5

Look forward to your next tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual.... a cut above! Natural storytelling at its finest!!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

A great story by a master bard!!! 5++++++/5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was kind of hoping for Justice O. Peace to show up. However, this was better. Thanks man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another fine job! As usual I really enjoyed your story and thank you and your significant other for sharing your efforts with us. Wishing you the happiest of holidays.

An old curmudgeon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks again. I so enjoy your stories. Like any good read it makes everything else melt away for a while.

PdgriggsPdgriggsover 1 year ago

Absolutely a wonderful story. 20 Stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
5298 Followers
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES