Suddenly A Succubus Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nick interrupted her, placing a hand on her leg. "Hey, I've said this before, but you're a good person. If you really were changing into something else, something evil, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You wouldn't be thinking twice about accidentally hurting someone. That's more than enough proof for me."

She leaned forward, her wings propping her up, before looking at Nick. "Have I thanked you yet? For everything?"

"Hey, that's what friends are for."

"No, I'm being serious. Your best friend turns into a demon, and you barely even flinch. You've been here every step of the way, every weird change, helping me make sense of it all. I might never have figured out I was a succubus, or realized that my tail can be helpful, and now it's like my favorite thing about me. You had a thousand chances to bail, and you didn't. So... y'know, thanks. I really appreciate it."

Amara finally sat up all the way, moving next to Nick and wrapping a wing around him. Then leaned against each other, looking out over the campus, the occasional car horn or train whistle peppering the soundscape.

"You want to hear something funny?" Amara asked.

Nick looked at her, waiting for her to start.

"So, I mentioned that my anger's been a little... unpredictable recently, but honestly all my emotions have been like that, to a lesser degree. The other night I had a dream, and it wasn't even that weird. There was this dog, and he got separated from his best friend, and he was trying really hard to get back to her. Anyways, that's when I woke up, and for some reason, I was devastated. I bawled my eyes out for like, 10 minutes."

"Because... the dog couldn't find his friend?"

"It's ridiculous! I felt so silly afterwards, but in the moment, it was just the saddest fucking thing I'd ever seen!"

After a moment of stunned silence, Nick's composure finally broke. He started laughing, harder and harder, until tears ran down his face. His arms clutched his ribs, and Amara wrapped her tail around his shoulders just to make sure he didn't fall. Eventually, his laughter infected her, and they both fell backwards on the roof while they waited for the fit to end.

It was several minutes before Nick finally managed to speak again. "Wow, I needed that. I'll be sure to warn you if that Sarah McLachlan commercial ever starts playing."

"Ha ha, very funny Nicholas." Amara said dryly. "By the way, what's your costume for tomorrow?"

"I've got an old Beetlejuice suit that still fits, probably just going to do that. I, uh... didn't have the money for anything new after I threw that belt together for you."

"I knew it! You did run out of money!" Amara said, jokingly punching Nick's arm.

"I don't really care, to be honest, Halloween is just another party. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love seeing everyone get creative with their costumes, but I guess it's just not that big a deal to me."

"You mean you love seeing how slutty all the girls dress?"

"Your words, not mine." Nick paused for a moment before speaking again. "Speaking of slutty, what are you wearing tomorrow? I hope it's more than just that belt and a smile."

"Psh, you wish. I've got a few bodysuits that might be cute, and a whole bunch of tights and shoes to sort through. I was thinking of pulling those out tomorrow, unless you want to watch me try them on now?" She winked at Nick, always happy to fluster him.

"I haven't got any plans, so sure!" Nick planted his hands on the ledge and pushed forward, effortlessly catching himself as he turned back to Amara. "Want any help down?"

Rolling her eyes, Amara stood up and jumped. Her wings caught the air, and she landed on the other side of the roof, dozens of feet past where Nick had landed. She took her time walking back to him, de-manifesting her wings before opening the door with her tail.

"Showoff."

"Nerd."

-

Twelve chapters down, one to go! The next chapter will be the end of Book 1, can you believe it? Don't worry, Amara's story is far from over, and I'm already working on Book 2. I hope you're all excited for the big Halloween party!

In the meantime, don't forget to Rate this chapter, add it to your Favorites, and leave a Comment! You can also check my Bio for updates on my work! It currently has some pretty exciting news on it ;)

Until next time! Nyx <3

12