All Comments on 'Sugar'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 230 Comments
WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Why did the mc have to wait 6 months to get married?

Maybe I missed that point.

chick2206chick2206over 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read. Highly appreciated

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 2 years ago

This is an awesome story take a farm boy with a degree, give him a job dealing with bankruptcy around 2008. Throw in a loose woman Crooked political buffoon running for office,

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Good stuff, I like that the dialog feels natural and crisp. Didn't have the characters endlessly repeat the same ridiculous shit that's so prevalent in these stories.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

It was a pleasure to read a finely constructed, well written, quality story. Many thanks. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Probably the best story of the festival

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the only good story in this festival. Everyone else seems to be phoning it in

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The bagle look-alike is called a bialy, not a baily.

This is an excellent story by a talented writer.

Even the most talented author will misspell a little-used word now and then. That’s what editors and fact checkers are supposd to catch and fix.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant as ever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Eloise woukd have been disbbared and arrested for kidnapping, the cops for false arrest, the politicain in prison and Walt a millionaire in his successful suit against the city and lawfirm

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written. Too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was enjoyable. Thank you.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Good story, this is how this life should be. Good for you, 5 stars

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

I loved this story and the personalities of the main characters. I grew up in New York but went to college in the mid-west and those characters were very real. People in New York can be very stubborn but Walter is a true son of the farm belt. Full commitment, no compromise, do what is right and honorable! I wish I could write like this!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

Tremendously entertaining story. Loved this. 5 stars!

ScaliaScaliaover 2 years ago

Great story until Walter was pressured to continue the wedding. Never never never do it. Too many brides and grooms when it comes time for the minister to ask if anyone objects, he or she does. I have visions of Walter standing at the alter telling his story to the assorted guest. If Eloise and Ruis thought it would be a scandal for Walter not to appear, it would have been a far greater scandal for him to walk away from the Altar.

DocSavage46DocSavage46over 2 years ago

As a native NYer, it certainly rings true for me. My years in Park slope, born and raised on the upper East Side. Nicely done.

Eveready1999Eveready1999over 2 years ago

Great story but in my opinion a rushed ending. I would've like to have read more about the ensuing firestorm of the aborted wedding and the affects on Ellie and Rod... Either way a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your style is immanent readable. White and Strunk would be happy with your efficiency, clarity and rhythm. Realistic problems and a reasonable solution. Thank you for another enjoyable read.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Amazing! Helluva story. 5*

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Thank you for posting, Mr. Gerald. Very nice. Please post another.

May I remind the readers that the stories posted in LW are only a small part of the total event? Besides this one, there are many other great stories posted across the categories. The list is here:

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-art-of-falling-the-stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best writer. Best constructed story. Best in a long time. FIVE STARS.

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Terrific story!! Thanks for sharing!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Just goes to show that the East Coast folks shouldn't mess with the midwestern farm guy raised with principles.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Very nice, Mr. Gerald.

Thank you.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

It was a good story until the too rushed ending.

texquilltexquillover 2 years ago

What a fun tale! .... certainly worth all 5 stars. Thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Obviously there's going to be more to the story, but why would he be so upset at that early date? They weren't exclusive and apparently it was a prior arranged date.

\

In my experience, "goyish" is and adjective. A person would be called a goy, goyim plural.

\

"It was just us saying goodbye," - She should have "said goodbye" as soon as Walter moved in.

\

"she preferred me going down on her to the other way around." - Sorry, I enjoy going down, but I still expect reciprocity.

\

The thing I find odd about this and many similar stories, is that Eloise does seem to truly love him, and is heart-broken at the ending of their relationship, yet that didn't stop her from cheating on him.

\

@Anonymous Re: Bialy - It was obviously just a typo as RG had it right the first time.

\

Thought the end was a bit rushed, and as Anonymous said there should have been repercussions for the false arrest.

ffarmerffarmerover 2 years ago

You sir, write stories that are a pleasure to read.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Very good.

Nice to read sometimes that a man should stand for principles regardless of his demise.

Most heroes did that. Most are dead. But that is what makes them soldiers and heroes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So he knows that Eloise is dating a married man yet he feels she is wife material? Makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mot lawyer stories on this site involve 4 cars, 3 houses, and at least $20 million in disposable income. Oh, and at least one person directly involved in the heady matters of life and death. This is a refreshing exception to the rule. Thank you very much for this story.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic story telling as always!

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerover 2 years ago

You have the makings for a very long story here. l was saddened when it ended

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

This was quite quite good Richard. It could have been a little drawn out plot wise to make the relationship believable. After all, Sugar she just blurts out that she loves Walter. Prior to their coupling and the party, Walter and Amanda had no relationship at all. More to the point, Walter describes her in a quite unflattering way. Still, it was cute.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

A nice, brilliant, and heartwarming story.

5* and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Impressive knowledge of the rather small and arcane world of bankruptcy law. Loved the ending Lehman related mess too. First rate overall …

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anonymous

"Eloise woukd have been disbbared and arrested for kidnapping, the cops for false arrest, the politicain in prison and Walt a millionaire in his successful suit against the city and lawfirm"

Have you read RichardGerald before?

Wake up! Is Mr. Trump under indictment? Is Hunter Biden in any sort of prison? Could his art career look any more like money laundering? After 2008, were financial institutions made whole while homeowners became renters? Was there no such thing as manslaughter in Chappaquiddick?

On another note, RichardGerald is the best.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

Fine piece of writing here. Well constructed plot and interesting if surprising characters. Having a district court judge in the family was the only contrivance but it worked well. An earlier Anony claimed Eloise would have been arrested and disbarred for kidnapping, the cops for false arrest, the politician sent to prison, and Walter would sue to become a millionaire. Heh-heh. In the immortal words of a recently failed presidential candidate, "Oh, that'll never happen." 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb!

Up to your usual high standard.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Awesome story but he really should have dumped her when he found out she was seeing a married man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best reads I’ve had around here in some time. Just so good.

.

As the tale progressed to the end game, it became clear that Eloise and Rodney had chosen the Iowa hick specifically for his role. Sugar also got him on her radar months before. He got lucky that she did.

.

5 *****

Theakston58Theakston58over 2 years ago

I was sorry to see it end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bravo!!!!! In my books, this is the kind of story you're famous for. Please come back often.

5*****++.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

excellent , l.oved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would love to know where to find other works by this author. Riveting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really wish this was twice as long

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! This was NOT a cuck story. That's a departure for you, isn't it? Perhaps you wanted to go a little more mainstream this time, not like your other story, "February Sucks"? This is a good story, mostly because there weren't any cucks. You gave us a strong man that lived by his principles and morals; someone who wouldn't sacrifice his integrity just to "get along" with everyone.

.

Thanks RG. Or GA, or whatever alternate nom de plume you're using this week.

saxman1947saxman1947over 2 years ago

Great story.

@anonymous from eight hours ago: You may be right about some of that, but a person who is not a lawyer will never be disbarred. From page 1 of the story:

"Eloise was 29 when we met, a junior executive for Sanderson Financial Management."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story but one minor issue - even though Iowa grows a lot of corn NO ONE mentions corn huskers and Iowa in the same sentence unless talking about the Iowa/Nebraska football game! Still gave you the 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

mytyalai69mytyalai69over 2 years ago

Sometimes, it appears as if RG is even trying hard, and his stories and language still sing.

Nice work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was getting a graduate-level education in an area of law best described as having been written by Lewis Carroll. A jurisdiction where left is right and right is always wrong. The laws all belonged with Alice on the other side of the looking glass.

You've been sorely missed, Mr. Gerald

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

I gave 4 stars. Was almost a 5 but felt that a bit more from Eloise's perspective would have made the story complete. Did she have any feelings for him at all? Was she really ending her affair? Was he really just a patsy? Still a very well written story but just left me wanting a bit more.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 2 years ago

Lordie, I’ve missed your work. Please visit as often as you can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Same crap, different story. Every single RG story is a flavor of the same menu.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a great story- please continue writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good thank you.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Very fine and well written story. Would have enjoyed more of a back and forth with the MC and his almost Mrs. Twat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the type of LW story that keeps people returning to see what new twists and turns can be created by a good author. If nothing else the readers are encouraged to do a little research to get a better understand of the characters created for their entertainment.

RG sent me back in time when I would visit family who lived in Brooklyn so I “heard” the conversations at the birthday party complete with New York Jewish accents. No I’m not Jewish bit this story gave some readers a minor ethnic education regarding traditional Jewish rites. Since Sugar’s apartment was so small I doubt if she could keep her meals kosher and as far as this goyish getting married to a good Jewish woman he should listen carefully to Aunt Hester’s comments. Oy vey, suck a little snip indeed. This is one for the favorites file. L’chaim

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Great piece of 5* writing. So the financial crash helped some people? Interesting way to save Walter's bacon.

firedog451firedog451over 2 years ago

Outstanding. Too bad some of the commenters don't realize that this is site for fiction. Also, the bad guys controlled the courts and the police. Lots of info in a short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and read. Everyone got what they earned.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
BAGELS OUT TRUMP SILVER OR GOLD SPOONS

while luck awaits most of us if we are lucky enough to receive any fortune. TK U MLJ LV NV

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

The wrap was overly condensed but overall the tale was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gee, I ended my career in law doing primarily Bk law. You described it well. You also described the relationships among the Bk bar accurately. A relatively small inside group who know each other well. Another great read, not your best, but great none the less.

njlaurennjlaurenover 2 years ago

I liked it a lot, love the characters and I live the atmosphere of the story, it is a NY story I recognize, especially Amanda's family. Yes what Rodrigo did was illegal, but things like that happen, abuse of power is in the eye of the beholder.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

It was a really good story. But I'd have to agree that the ending felt a bit rushed.

It's a shame that Walter didn't agree to the marriage, get paid up front, then jilt her at the altar. The fiance and her sleazy politician sugar daddy needed some payback after taking him for a sucker. Walter loudly announcing to the attending press than he couldn't marry Eloise because he just found out she was Rod's pregnant mistress would've destroyed him politically and crushingly humiliated her.

CUCK972CUCK972over 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. You rarely disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There's a lot to like about this story, and I've scored it well. The author, however, doesn't know anything about the bankruptcy practice in NYC. Bankruptcy/restructuring practice became a major money maker in the 80s (not when Lehman went down), with Weil, Gotshal & Manges leading the way. In very short order, "White Shoe" firms such as Cravath created their own departments to cash in, and lawyers in that specialty have been well paid ever since (BTW, this is pretty the case around the country in major cities such as LA, Chicago, etc..). Moreover, bankruptcy associates made every bit as much as any other associate in these firms. You cannot represent important financial institutions without having high level bankruptcy/restructuring expertise in your firm.

Second, a "Commissioner" like Ruis is going to ruin an associate's career in bankruptcy? What nonsense. The statute is Federal, and the bankruptcy courts are units of the Federal District Courts. The Federal judges don't give a rat's posterior what some local pol wants or thinks. Moreover, the bankruptcy practice is nationwide and institutional. NYC bankruptcy lawyers have clients all over the country, and what some NYC commissioner wants or thinks if of no interest to them.

IRL, Ruiz would be finished for kidnapping/false imprisonment. This part of the story is just stupid.

Finally, injecting gender ideology into the story was asinine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What happened to the arrogant soulless whores, and their weak minded rug mat husbands? Oh, right, you said you were still working on that story. This story was about a real man, and a real woman, with a real partnership. Was it difficult for you to write? OK, so you got your whore rocks off with Eloise, but where's the faggot cuck? Yeah, guess Eloise misjudged that one. The only unfinished business for me was regarding Eloise; will it be alcohol or drugs? I vote for meth. Love the way it turns a beautiful vibrant society slut into a toothless monstrosity of loose flesh and stumbling gate; when her appearance finally reflects the puss that occupies her soul. You out did yourself with the abortion, killing her child as an act of love. Perfect. I hope the asshole who seduced and murdered her future suffers pain commensurate with his violence. You do ugly people as well as anyone, maybe better. Will Simone get an abortion too? Ok, ok, I'll wait.

Really, I enjoyed this story So Much that I had forgotten who the author was. I actually did a double take when I looked at the name. I mean, almost all the people in this story were admirable, lovable, appealing, and, what the hell, really fuckable, in a good way. I was glad you created them and enjoyed wishing them long lives and happiness. That's a distinct opposite of most of the characters in most of your more recent stories. But then you said this story had been written some time ago. Sorry about your change of heart. I would really enjoy more of this. A Christmas gift would be if Simone dies of Ebola, after giving it to Ben. In a perfect world. Thanks for the effort.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

Wow, great storytelling from one of the masters.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

Was going good, but then you chickened out of writing the aftermath by using the financial crash to end shit abruptly. What the fuck is up with literotica writers not being able to write proper endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. Would have given it a 5, but felt it became rushed at the end

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Great story loved it. Thank you GA, don’t always agree with your plots but this story is written by a master craftsman and is a bottler.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story, there has been quite a lot of dross here for a while and it is such a relief to see new postings from one of the talented authors. Thanks again for this - a solid 5 stars

MissMudMissMudover 2 years ago

Good story but the ending was rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story but the ending was far too sudden! What about the consequences for Eloise and Kaufman? Is there a second part to this story that we will see? I hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree - good story but the ending was rushed.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A very good story told well. It's a shame it came to such a quick end. But the Lehmann bankruptcy was there too quickly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have to agree with MissMud, story was really good but the ending was hurried. I always advocate for longer more thorough stories.

Davidj001Davidj001over 2 years ago
OUT,,,

Fuckin standing!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, needs a sequel thought

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was just right. And, lol, I had a Jewish girlfriend as a kid. And I had about as much say in it as Walter. I never knew what hit me.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Probably one of your best stories. 5*

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

good one.......5 stars from me

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 2 years ago

Very nice RG! Very sweet (sorry couldn't resist). Very much enjoyed your wonderful story. Thank you.

Killian

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

My only issue is that I would like to see a sequel that rounded out the characters and dove into what happened with the Commissioner and Eloise ... hopefully something JUSTIFIED. Otherwise ... I really like the story. 5/5

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 2 years ago

such a good story deserved to be much longer 5*

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

That's the way it happened. Quick and painful. Great Story. Thanks for sharing.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That was a great story all the way through. I hope Rod did not win the governors race, he's just another Cuomo. Amanda was a class act for sure, and Walter was a real man to the end.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

5*

I would have liked to have seen a bit more of an epilogue, but, hey, it's your story. I enjoy all your stories. Thanks for sharing this.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Luckily, I dearly love sugar. Nicely told. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, tightly woven and economically written. Please, no changes, no expansions. It’s all there. It does, however, make me wish for more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet story... did they get a brown dog for the girls? Or can't you have them in the City?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous