All Comments on 'Summer Desire Ch. 01'

by cayde7

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good start

This is a romantic and dreamy story. You are correct, English as a second language leads to the story being a bit stilted and the flow of the narrative is thus choppy. And, not knowing any better, some words do not really fit with an erotic story that well (too formal or not quite right). An example would be "swimming costume" instead of "swimming trunks", or perhaps better yet, simply "trunks" or "suit" or "Speedo's" (nod to SpeedoDave). But most critics post anonymously and do not write stories, so take their complaints (if they show up here) with a grain of salt.

cayde7cayde7about 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comment! This is exactly what I was searching for feedback-wise: the unnatural, forced feel that the narration gives is something I had sort of noticed, but had a really hard time mitigating; as for the vocabulary not really fitting, that was (again) something I knew, but didn't know whether it was worth it to give that up and get more synonyms, or the other way around. Again, thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll try to create a more smooth story. Also, I'm guessing (in English especially) shorter sentences sound better (and are easier to manage).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercayde7@cayde7
33 Followers
Hi there! I'm an experienced reader and novice writer; English is not my native tongue, but since I started reading (and getting aroused) by erotic stories, I couldn't help but write down my own ideas, so here they are! I tend to have a fluent kind of writing, I like describi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES