Summer in The County Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How can that happen?" asked Lisa Fillmore.

"Young lady," said Watts, "when that filthy racist Val Jared is impeached, tried, and convicted for his crimes, it will be a new day in this State. And Jack Lewis is needed to restore the SBI to its former integrity."

"What did the Governor say that was racist?" asked Lisa Fillmore. "Especially in his patriotic July 4th speech?"

"He was glorifying slave owners!" yelled Donna Roselle.

"And those slave owners wrote the Constitution, which taints it." said Maxine Watts. "It needs to be scrapped and replaced by a document that will respect racial diversity."

"But the Constitution was fixed, it outlaws slavery now." said Lisa. "Doesn't that count for anything?"

"You are a racist, just like Val Jared!" shouted Maxine Watts.

"Yeah, if you support the Constitution, you're a white racist!" yelled Donna Roselle.

"And that's why all Republicans are racists!" said Watts, piling on.

"I'm not a racist!" yelled Lisa. "And I'm tired of being called a racist for calling out the truth and supporting good American values! That's why Val Jared won the election! That's why---" Her microphone was cut off, and then the show went to a break.

"It gets better." Cindy said. "After the commercial, Lisa was no longer on set. She was forcibly removed, and she's sworn out an assault warrant against the security people. I got word from Priya that Lisa is going to be fired from the show, and Lisa will probably sue the network for wrongful termination."

"She should sue for defamation, too." I said. "But what bothers me is the attempt by Watts, and other Democrats as well, to re-open the case. No good can come of that. The Press will just use it to stir up more and more agitation among blacks."

"And that's not all." said Cindy. "You are the one that looked over the FBI's data. Even if they withheld something and you innocently did not know, the Press will say that you personally are helping to cover it up."

"Yep." I said. "So where are the Republicans on this?"

"Fighting to get to a microphone... to condemn Governor Jared for making a patriotic Fourth of July speech." Cindy replied.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ohhhh, yessss!" hissed Adele Peabody as I pistoned my throbbing hard cock in and out of her tight, sopping wet cunt. "Oh God, you're so fucking hard! Fuck me with that big thing!"

"I'm gonna fuck your sexy brains out, baby!" I growled as I undulated my hips and ass faster and faster, driving into the beautiful older woman with hard, driving thrusts, feeling Mrs. Peabody wrap her shapely legs around my back, pushing her heels into my ass to drive me on. My back was aching a bit, but I willed the pain away as I concentrated on power-fucking this lusting bitch.

This was a very pleasant lunch hour, I thought to myself. I would meet Adele at the Cabin at least once a week, as long as the Cabin wasn't occupied and one or the other of us wasn't overwhelmed with our work. Adele was middle-aged, but she gave me some of the best fucking I'd ever had, even comparable to Laura at my wife's very best.

Adele had come twice, so I just drove on and let my nut rise. "Uhhh, here it comes, baby.. here it comes! OH YEAH!" I cried out, the gray mist swirling around the edge of my vision as the intense pain gave way to the joy of release, and spurt after spurt of my semen fired into Adele's clutching cunt...

Some minutes later, we were relaxing together in post-coital bliss, when I said "So, Mrs. Peabody... any rumors swirling around City Hall lately?"

"Funny you should ask." replied the Intendent. Adele was the de facto power behind the thrones in the County. What she did not know about County business was not worth knowing, and in exchange for me plowing her heavenly furrow with my iron-hard 'little crowbar' as often as we could, I got knowledge I could not possibly get anywhere else. Mrs. Peabody was priceless, as well as one hell of a great piece of ass. We made a great team.

"The biggest thing is that Councilman Thomas Cook and KSTD reporter John Hardwood have been meeting a lot more frequently than they used to." said Adele. "Hardwood has been maneuvering to edge out Priya Ajmani and become the top reporter at KSTD, and Dan Walther is beginning to go in that direction."

"I guess he's giving Walther better blowjobs than Priya is?" I asked. Adele laughed.

"Maybe." she said. "But there's a lot of other factors, as well. Priya has her reputation, and since you took down that U.S. Marine's killers (Author's note: 'Semper Fidelis'), Walther dropped a lot of his hatred for you. He was a Marine, too. However, since Jared was elected, and so unexpectedly, the Press as a whole has changed... a lot more than you can imagine."

"I dunno, I can imagine a lot." I said.

Adele continued: "Well, we're starting to see aggressive, rabidly hateful reporters like Hardwood coming to the fore, not only here in our County, but all over the State. If a reporter is not aggressively toeing the 'I-hate-Jared' line, they come under attack themselves. And that's why you see Hardwood pretty much replacing Priya at KSTD: Priya is not being hardline enough for the Powers-That-Be."

"Who are those?" I asked.

"The owners of the Press Institutions and influential members of both political Parties." Adele responded. "That doesn't really include your nephew Todd at KXTC. I don't think he really knows what is going on under his nose."

"So that is what brings Thomas P. Cook into play?" I asked.

"Sort of." said Adele as her hand slid down my abdomen towards my half-hard cock. "With Cook, it's more of a personal thing, and I'm hearing it has to do with you. I do know that Cook has been talking to other Council Members, Assembly Members, and various County bureaucrats about what would happen if you were suspended and no longer had any influence. Malinda Adams and Deputy Chief Harlow have been meeting often for lunch, and Sheriff Allgood's Press Relations man, Scott Peterson, has also been inquiring to the County Attorney about the Police structure."

"Any idea at all what it's about? How they plan to come at me?" I asked.

"No." said Adele. "I'll keep my eyes and ears open. And if I find out anything, I'll let you know... while riding this iron hard cock of yours." With that she flung her shapely leg over me and mounted me, then reached down and inserted my throbbing hard cock into her warm, wet pussy.

"Ohhhhh..." we groaned together in perfect rhythm, followed by the perfect rhythm of our bodies rutting together...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

3:30pm, still Monday, July 10th. Present at the meeting in the Main Conference Room was Chief Moynahan at the near end of the table, Deputy Chief Della Harlow to his left, Sheriff Daniel Allgood to her left, City Attorney Dennis Garland to his left, me to his left at the far end of the table, Captain Cindy Ross to my left, Captain Teresa Croyle to her left.

"Okay, Mr. Crowbarrrr," said the Chief, "you asked for this meeting. The floor is yourrrrs."

"Thank you, Chief. And thank you for coming, Mr. Garland." Dennis Garland was in his fifties, had graying hair and a scruffy mustache and beard that was similarly graying. He wore silver spectacles and was beginning to become portly. As City Attorney, he and his staff handled legal papers and matters for the Council and various agencies of the Town & County Government. I'd been in his office more than a few times, some of them one-way conversations from him to me.

I continued: "The question I want to ask is: if, perish forbid, something happened to me and I was not in the Police Commander position, but you are still in the Chief's chair, Chief... to whom do my Captains answer? You?"

Everyone seemed stunned in the silent room. Then the Chief said "Do you expect anything to happen to you, Mr. Crowbar?"

"No, touch wood." I said, knocking on the wood table of the conference table. "But it's something that came into my head, and with all the fun I've had the last year, it may be something that needs to be addressed."

"Mmmm, I see the point." said Chief Moynahan, trying hard to not look over towards Commander Harlow, and failing. Della's eyes had cut to me as I'd asked the question, then went back to the Chief's when he began speaking. Seeing him pause, she jumped in.


"In my opinion," said Harlow, "I would be next in line, and Acting Commander."

"I do not agreeeee." said the Chief. "I think they would answer directly to me, as next up in the Commander's chain-of-command."

"I concur with the Chief." I said. "If you were also incapacitated, Chief, then the Deputy Chief would be Acting Chief and therefore in charge of the entire Police Force. But with you still there, the branch of the tree going through me goes up to you."

"I understand the question, also." said Sheriff Allgood. "And I see why you wanted the City Attorney here. Dennis, what's the legal answer?"

"It's funny," said Garland, whose voice sounded slightly cheerful no matter how he really felt, "I've been asked about this a few times over the past few weeks, so I've been researching it. From what I can tell, there's no law covering that directly. The two Commander-level positions were created almost as an afterthought; it was believed the Captains would run their Departments and report directly to the Chief and his staff, just as the Chief of Staff in the Sheriff's Department works, and the two Command positions would be titular in nature, maybe for a Captain waiting to retire

"But that got twisted when Chief Griswold filled the Commander slot with the Iron Crowbar, here." Garland continued. "So I looked at more recent laws. The latest one created the Captain of Operations, which answers to the Commander, as does the Captain of Detectives. That codicil to the original structure law did reaffirm that the Police Commander becomes Chief in the incapacity or absence of the Chief. But it goes no further. As far as the law is concerned, it is silent on this matter. "

Sheriff Allgood turned to Chief Moynahan. "I guess you'll have to write up some guidelines for me to approve."

"Excuse me, Sheriff," said Della Harlow, "but I believe the Council will have to codify something."

"Dennis?" asked Allgood, who was not very pleased with Della's interjection.

"I think that would ultimately be the best course." said Garland. "You could put out a temporary chain of command structure, but ultimately it needs to be codified into law to avoid possible conflicts."

"Okay." said the Chief. "I will write something up for you, Sheriff, and we'll put it in place while you enjoy an evening presenting it to the Council. Meanwhile, after this meeting breaks up, I'd like to see you, Mr. Crowbar, in my office. Sheriff, do you have anything else?" He did not.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The sun was still up when I came to the Cop Bar at about 7:30pm. It was not busy at all, being Monday night. A baseball game was on inside, but the objects of my affection, my Angels Cindy and Teresa, were on the deck outside.

"May I join you lovely ladies?" I asked as I came up.

"Sure." said Cindy. "But no ranks, no insignia."

"No doubt." I said. "Just family. So, what's going on?"

"As I'm sure you are here to find out," Cindy said astutely, "we were talking about that meeting about the rank structure today. We both know that you never do or say anything idly, so there was purpose and intent behind it."

"You guys are good." I said. "You both might make Captain in the TCPD one day."

Teresa gave what was for her a grin, then said "I think you're solidifying things for those times you might be away on SBI or FBI business, like you were last July. Miss Hardbody here thinks you are fearing a more sinister something."

"And you're both right." I said. "What were your impressions of the meeting?"

Cindy said "Commander Harlow almost jumped out of her chair to say she was the boss of us in your absence. I thought you were going to push back, but it was the Chief that did. And I think that was the crux of it: you want me and Teresa to be clear on who to take orders from if you're not here and something goes down."

"Are we getting Brownlee Junior in Commander Harlow, Don?" asked Teresa.

"Yeah, so tell us what is really going on, here." Cindy added.

"Okay... for the price of me drinking from your pitcher of beer for free." I said, pouring some beer into my mug. I then said "I have been getting some scattershot from all over the place that there is interest in seeing me removed from my position here with the TCPD. What it amounts to is that some of these people seem to be interested in seeing Ms. Harlow be in my position as Police Commander... and like you said, Cindy, she gave herself away in her eagerness to declare that to be the case."

"So what are these bastards up to?" Teresa asked, a frown on her pretty face.

"Up to no good, as usual." I said. "We need to keep watch on Thomas P. Cook, John Hardwood of KSTD, Malinda Adams... and Della Harlow."

"With respect, sir," said Teresa, "those four are worthless. Whoever is planning something against you... is a lot higher up the flagpole than those eta."

"You may well be right." I said. "And that's what I have to figure out."

Part 4 - Blown Up

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the lovely redheaded reporterette at 7:00am, Tuesday, July 11th, from in front of the Federal Building. "Racial issues are exploding across the State and the Nation!"

Bettina started: "In an ugly scene yesterday, Lisa Fillmore, one of the hosts of the popular show 'Point Taken', was forcibly removed from the set after making insensitive remarks to State Senator Maxine Watts. Miss Fillmore swore out a complaint against the KSB Network security team for assault and battery, saying they literally physically attacked her and use injurious physical violence against her. The network announced yesterday that Ms. Fillmore has been fired for making racist remarks."

"In reply, Ms. Fillmore's lawyers have already filed a lawsuit against the network for wrongful termination, slander and defamation of character. Ms. Fillmore also filed a lawsuit against Senator Watts and Ms. Fillmore's former co-host, Donna Roselle, also for defamation. In a statement, the legal team for Ms. Fillmore vigorously denied that she made racist comments or is a racist, and they will fully pursue this lawsuit with no intention to settle out of Court."

Bettina continued: "State Senator Watts, meanwhile, continues to demand the investigation of the assassination of superstar singer Jasmine Nix be re-opened. She said that if the Governor does not have the SBI investigate the case, she will ask Lt. Governor Graham Collins to assemble the Legislature, where she will introduce Articles of Impeachment against Governor Jared. The Governor has not officially responded, but 'sources' close to the situation tell Channel Two News that Jared said privately that he would not respond to, and I quote 'the ravings of a mad woman', close quote."

"And in national news," Bettina continued, "the shadowy group known as 'The Guardians of Justice' released more batches of emails from BigAgraFoods, BigPharmaCorp, and BigRoadAndRailCorp, alleging that these companies, some based in this County, colluded with the Federal Government to control the growth and distribution of the foodstuffs of the Nation. The Guardians of Justice also allege that what they call 'Establishment' politicians of both political parties are working together to subjugate the American People to their rule, and rob the People of their Constitutional rights and freedoms."

"U.S. Senator Samuel Russell of our State put out a statement that the Guardians of Justice were terrorists and traitors, and has demanded the FBI vigorously pursue them, identify them, expose their identities to the Public, and arrest them." Bettina said. "The FBI has made no public statement other than that they are pursuing the case and the criminals."

"And last," said Bettina, a smile forming on her face, "Social Justice groups say they intend to confront the Town & County Council at their meeting, demanding the name of the County be changed to reflect diversity and tolerance for all..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hi Don." said the voice of FBI Special Agent In Charge Jack Muscone on my cellphone. "Can you come to the Federal Building at 10:00am?"

"Sure." I said. "And bring Captain Ross, right?"

"If you like." said Muscone. "But my new boss, Dana Fox, is here, and wants to talk with you... probably alone."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

FBI Assistant Director Dana Fox was of medium height and slender build, slightly taller than Jack Muscone, and therefore nowhere near as tall as me. He was in good shape, with chestnut-brown hair which would be wavy if he allowed it to grow long. Unlike the retiring Deputy Director, who had a powerful presence and aura, Dana Fox seemed competent but not overwhelmingly impressive.

When Cindy and I got there, we were greeted by him, the DepDirector, and Jack Muscone. Sandra Speer led Cindy to the offices where the other Special Agents were, while I was led into the plexiglass cube conference room.

"Congratulations on the promotion, Director Fox." I said.

"Thank you, Commander." said Fox. "Can I call you Don? And you call me Dana?"

"I could never be so impolite to you." I said. "But yes, you can call me Don... or anything you like, just keep it clean."

Fox chuckled politely. I could see he was good at the political Game. He said "Thank you for coming over; I know you're very busy. So, sir," he said to the DepDirector, "are we wrapping up the Superior Bloodlines case today?"

"Pretty much." said the DepDirector, who looked relaxed and happy, maybe for the first time in decades. "It'll be weeks going through the bank data, and then months for all the trials, but we're beginning to hand it off to the U.S. Attorneys and shift it to the Judicial branch." The DepDirector spent some minutes detailing everything.

"There is one other thing." said Jack Muscone. "Wallace Bedford's son went into a coma the night he was brought into Boston Medical. He died yesterday without waking up again." I nodded, having mixed feelings. The kid never had a chance... but neither had Amy after what the kid's father Wallace Bedford had done...

After that, the DepDirector said "Jack, let's you and I go talk with Team Lazarus for a few minutes, while Assistant Director Fox talks with the Iron Crowbar." They got up and left, leaving me alone with Dana Fox.

"First of all," said Fox, "I want to congratulate you on everything you did in helping the Deputy Director bring down these hate groups. And it was an absolutely masterful stroke to use the assassination attempt on him to flush them out."

"Thank you, sir." I said. "And I have to admit that it was fun to use and abuse the Press while doing that."

"Yes, I've heard of your 'close' relationship with the Media." Fox said drily. "Anyway, I hope you and Captain Ross will stay on as FBI Consultants. You'll be working with Jack Muscone and his team, as you were before. You probably won't see as much of me as you did the Deputy Director. As you know, I come from a background of homeland security, and one reason I was promoted was because the FBI is prioritizing homeland security and terrorist threats these days."

He continued: "The Deputy Director had Jack's team in a special role, working directly for him on what's formally called 'civil rights issues', but was in reality taking down those Elitists that were using racial issues for their own gain. Now I think we're going to see Jack's team in more conventional FBI roles in this region of the country. They're a good team, but I know they'll appreciate your help, and Captain Ross's, from time to time."