All Comments on 'Summer Wasn't The Only Thing Ending'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
MAYBE THE BEAT DOWN WAS AN INTERVENTION

but who among us would be willing to give it a try, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Another great story and one badly needed to save the night. Poor Mal certainly picked the wrong horse in this race. Great double burn.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Nice little BtB tale.

Humiliating the lovers was worth the price he paid in alimony!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Short and sweet

Quick and incisive rendition of a classic LW trope. Always entertaining. Fifty thanks.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 4 years ago

Quick, to the point and just awesome!! Well done....love that he just moved away and left her in the dust. 2 years of alimony makes sense these days....the whole alimony for life nonsense doesn't play in court anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Congrats on your 50th story...

...excellent story, looking forward to another 50. 5 stars.thanx!

Loklie

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 4 years ago
Go big or just walk away, sometimes the big is refreshing! Well Written!

Nicely done and with very little extra confusion.

BRAVO!!!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
As satisfying as a BTB can get

So Kent lost some money by pulling this stunt... big deal!

He still made out great by getting additional raises, later on. Plus making sure you destroyed and humiliated those (Mallory and Geoff) that tried to destroyed and humiliated you, by revealing to everyone they knew the type of scumbags they truly are...

As those Mastercard commercials used to say: that's priceless.

Bonus point to moreandmore over the following paragraph:

"Some think that a man should shy away from disclosing that his wife was a round heeled slut. It didn't bother me. After analyzing the level of deceit and planning they had done to keep me clueless, having friends and family discover her true character was worth it."

I know EXACTLY whom, in the LW readership, this seemingly innocuous comment was sent to, and I can't agree with it more. As it is always the case when it comes to infidelity, Mallory's inability to stay faithful say way more about her general character than it says about Kent's supposed inability to sexually satisfy her. The only shame anyone should have, when it comes to their spouse's adultery, should never be about people thinking they couldn't pull their own weight in the bedroom, but about people knowing they were dumb enough to try to turn a hoe into a housewife.

Happy 50th, author. Hope to see many more from you.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
Good story

Thanks for the read. Happy 50th story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very well done little tale

I always read your contributions, and I hope you keep writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 4 years ago
Thank you for Fifty Stories!

Number fifty is a smooth read. Too bad hubby had to pay alimony, but otherwise he ended up ok.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Congrats and good job on this 50th story

Short but complete and satisfying. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hahahah!

Way to end the Summer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well that was definitely BTB

And she was done to a crisp. The only things that didn't play well was the alimony (it's based on strict formulas) and Geoff's fate. Kent made a mistake telling his wife about his large raise. Geoff got divorced and he got half. He may have lost his job, but he got half their assets. Including half the value of the McMansion. Unless they had a pre-nup and you never mentioned one. So he came out just fine. Other than that, a nice 50th story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

the bitch got just what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Congratulations on 50 stories, and hitting the milestone with quite a fun one.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Cog

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Sweet party

Sounds like the fireworks went off OK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It was plausible. It would have been more interesting if Mallory had been more than a fuck prop.

What was wrong with her marriage? What was wrong with her? How could she be so devious and selfish and shallow, and her husband had no clue how unethical and heartless she was? That seems like a very shallow distant relationship. So maybe he didn't lose much of a marriage after all.

As to the therapy, I'm sure Mallory now knows how to talk and ACT like a changed woman. It will take years to prove she knows how to live like a changed woman.

The husband still should have busted up the asshole who took advantage of his authority and the wife's lack of character.

Congrats on the half century. And thanks for allowing me to tell you.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Seriously Wow

I had to go count 😮

50 stories and 1 poem.

Congrats!!!

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
A+

Excellent storyline !!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Nice short BTB.

Good nuff.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Congratulations!

Well done moreandmore!

We all appreciate it.

We've had a lot of variations

to the LW theme lately

and some really good ones.

But the classic always stands proud.

4 out of 5 from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That worked well

and ended well for the ex-husband.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I liked it!

However, I wouldn't bet the farm that she's changed. Her demeaning and dismissive attitude toward her husband went beyond an affair. Stranger things have happened, but at some point respect is fundamental.

jesemmojesemmoover 4 years ago
Good Story

Your writing has always been at a high level and this story is one of your best. It was well structured and the characters were well developed. Keep on keeping on!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Always enjoy your work

And this is another 5. Thanks for sharing!

KakimiKakimiover 4 years ago
Love your writing

Love your writing. Wish this story was longer (in a good way).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fun! Fun! Fin!

I enjoyed it. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I’ll give you credit.....

The husband had to pay temporary alimony. That’s what would have most probably happened under this scenario, unlike those silly stories where the husband gets the wife fired, and walks away scot free. Sometimes complete revenge is not possible nor advisable.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Nice shortie, well done. Thanks

Full Marks

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 4 years ago
Clever and well-executed opening

I like how the opening seems to establish a third person POV, but drops little hints that feel out of place (like "average, at best" and "Kind of a quirk with her"). Then we get the full reveal that it's been first person POV all along:

"Mallory is my wife of seven years, and unfortunately, I'm not Geoff. My name is Kent and Geoff is her boss."

Really well done.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
I too liked the opening

Very clever. This is one of the few times I wish the story had been longer. I would have loved the post party interactions between the separating spouses

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Her father reamed him?

WTF? He’s the man who raised her. An affair isn’t a one-off mistake, it’s a series of conscious decisions.

So his daughter is a slut... but the husband is wrong for exposing her for what she is? Get real.

Her father’s call wasn’t necessary to the story. It’s not needed in other, similar stories. It only creates a larger population of idiots within the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice one

A quite tamed one but nice.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Good one

Love BTB stories. Reconciliation is NEVER a good option for the husband!!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Another good story

Cheaters lose and he gets back to life

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Yes

Yes,decisive action is always the best plan of attack.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 3 years ago
Good Idea

Needs more detail.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
People keep saying “More detail. FTDS.”

I suppose having read several hundred of these stores my mind fills in the blanks. If I think really hard on this story I do realized some details are lacking, but it is a Flash story, so intended to be short. There is enough detail for my mind to fill in the blanks.

So, 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great revenge leads to a great story. Mailroom, do they still exist?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good revenge!! Always annoying when family expects you to take back a cheating slut,like hell NO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great except for the final paragraph. He should have defended himself against his FIL's "reaming".

Elias1Elias1over 1 year ago

Your stories are at the top of my enjoyment list. It is hard to write anything new or funny.,, you have proved yourself ten times over... it doesn't matter if you miss the writing mark or don't think of something new .,. Just keep writing ....

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

4 stars - It was OK, BUT not quite long enough, nor detailed enough to reach that lofty 5 star rating

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The ex father in law can go fuk himself

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Why was the father-in-law upset several months after the party, but not at the actual event? Regardless, good story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ex-father-in-law is upset because he has to support the stupid self-centered loose dog that his wife raised like that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When did he get arrested for holding her against her will and exposing her private parts?

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

Good story. I’m not sure, but assumed Kent was all packed, ready to move by the time of the party. If so, didn’t Mallory pick up that his stuff was and hers wasn’t?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Always amazes me that when a cheater is publicly exposed there usually seems to be a friend or family member of the cheating who believes that the betrayed person is some sort of villain for exposing the affair. All cheaters do what they do in secret, they hide what they do because they know its wrong. What's bad about exposing that behaviour? Good story about publicly shaming a spouse who has no problem with cheating. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

And THAT is how you open a can of Whoop-ass!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
2310 Followers
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...