All Comments on 'Sweep Me Off My Feet Ch. 07'

by jroseemi

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
JRSONJRSON5 months ago

This was wonderful... It was so good to finally hear how Brinxton felt about Zayne..

So many good things came to light. Hopefully the pain and suffering is over with.

The only thing I am disappointed about in the entire chapter is that Zach only punched that prick Daniel once! They should have beat him severely! Zayne would not have been happy if it had gone farther than that. And Brielle already had to suffer for the actions of the groom, which she best get use to quickly, as it won't be the last time...

I am so glad that Brinxton finally grew a pair, and came to realize he could not live without Zayne. Great Chapter... Is there more...

MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer4 months ago

JRSON got it right. this was a great chapter, maybe the best one yet! Even without a single hot sex scene, it was one of the most passionate things I've read. And before I comment further let me first say that I take back every nasty thing I ever said about Brielle. She is definitely not the self-centered person I originally thought her to be. She is strong willed, but she's also loving and caring to the people in her life who deserve it. I also think she'll be more than capable of handling someone as devious as Daniel, and if not, tossing his ass to the curb. When Brinxton first read Zayne's letter, my first thought was that he should have asked his location and gone to him immediately. I can now see that that wouldn't have worked nearly as well as you wrote it, particularly in Brinxton's case. He would have probably needed that extra time being miserable to solidify his feelings for Zayne which made it easier to commit to their relationship. Since this didn't say final chapter or have the customary "The End" at the bottom I was also wondering if there was more. Where you left this definitely gives the story a happy ending, but I would have loved reading about rubbing salt in Daniel's wound when he finds out Brinxton is moving in with Zayne. Whether continued or not, this story far surpasses the 5⭐ rating. Many thanks for a great read.

jroseemijroseemi4 months agoAuthor

Yes, there is one more chapter to this story! I think it wraps things up well and leads us into what will begin Zach’s story, which is where things with Daniel get finished up. I think everyone will appreciate how that goes. ;)

BlowPopJBlowPopJ4 months ago

Daniel is just a disgusting human being.

Happy for Zayne and Brinxton for sure.

BidickulousBidickulous4 months ago

Wonderful! Hot sex scenes are fun, but having these two figure out their feelings and finally start sharing them is better. You and your partner in creating this put it together beautifully, adding something special to the “men loving men” description for the Gay Male stories category!

Cane23Cane234 months ago

Most of this chapter I wanted to punch Brinxton in his face! Zayne sent his heart in the letter, he says he loves him, he says he would marry him… He should be delighted, at least feel a bittersweet sensation but no, Zayne gave him such a good excuse to hide in his shell again. ‘Looks like he needs some space… I'll give him the space he asked for’! Space?! SPACE?! He doesn’t need a space…you MORON, he needs YOU!!! And then, Zach and Elias…poor Brinxton, if you need anything call us!?! Or even better – ‘do you love him’? Well, it’s not about love, it’s about commitment, it’s about life together, and it’s about HEA! That’s the protection Zayne needs from his brothers, protection of his heart. Zach and Elias were supposed to ask Brinxton what he wants, does he have serious intentions with their brother…and, maybe cliché sentence, but very suitable in this case – If you brake Zayne’s heart, I will kill you!

Daniel may be a lot of things, but he is not the one to be blamed for miscommunication between Zayne and Brinxton at the wedding. He tried but, finally, Brinxton has not be threatened with gun not to approach Zayne, and he is not a child just to be told what to do and stay cornered by some annoying guy! He has just used this opportunity again to be coward and hide from facing the Zayne. Especially because he has been aware that his time is running out (beautiful ‘window’ sentence – “Something told him that the window to make things right was closing and he didn't like that feeling at all. He could feel the panic slowly rising at the idea of Zayne not being part of his life anymore.”).

Brielle has been the shiny star of the chapter. Her words to Brinxton have been the most reasonably and logic thing said for a long time. Finally, the voice of sanity!

Finally, we are still missing the Brinxton's POV. He gave some explanations, but we don’t really know what was happening in him. In previous chapters, the absence of his inner voice helped building the tension and anticipation, but this chapter needed more of Brinxton's inner struggles and dilemmas to be shown.

I like this story very much; in a long time, I haven’t read something that made me so eagerly waiting for another chapter. As the end approaches, I cheer for a nice epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The biggest punishment for Daniel will not be punch, no...it will be Brinxton's and Zayne's relationship and happiness. And he will be condemned to watch it all the time as they are going to be in the same social circles. He will have to attend their wedding because it is going to be Briellle's brother who is getting married. Who know, Brinxton & Zayne might decide to adopt or go for a surrogacy... Zayne, thanx to Brinxton's love and support is going to be much better, happier, in better mood...and Daniel is going to suffer watching all that.

As for the Brinxton's parents, they might complaint or show some displeasure, but eventually they are not going to offend Lennox family. They are even going to find this symbiose of wealth very convenient!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for this chapter. I loved how you made Brixton work things out along with Zach and Zayne's family. Also that one they got together, they didn't have sex right away. Beautiful and well written. I look forward to the next chapter. Thank you.

Ih8biggotsIh8biggots4 months ago

As the others have said, this was great since it included Zayne and Brinxton finally declaring their love committing to one another. I was worried Zayne would just finally succombe to the combination of his physical condition and second severe disappointment with his lovers and withdraw from life and that Brinxton would, out of his love for Zayne and disappointment with himself. Daniel still deserves some more grief. It would be perverse and unfair to Brielle - but somewhat satisfying - if she kept him tied to her just so she could punish him. Actually, though, that would be unfair to her. Looking forward to the final chapter, Hopefully, Zanyne and Brinxton will have enough physical energy and emotional strength to engage is some very intense and energetic lovemaking with enough left over to deal well with all of the other complexities within this new extended family. Thanks for this great story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@jroseemi

So, "Oh don't you 'Zachariah' me!" is getting his own story!!! :D

I'm so happy about it. Now that Brinxton and Zayne are happy together, Zach is free to build his own life and it is going to be interesting to see who is going to tie this guy! :)

Exluke1Exluke14 months ago

Agree with MarcLuciFer and that Brinxton’s grief over the 2 weeks were unfortunately necessary for him to get over his commitment issues. Those were sad and also partially his parents fault that he thought he’d always be relatively alone and unhappy as a gay man.

I’m still unsure why Brille married the loser Daniel but it would seem she’s not a romantic. I’m really looking forward to 2 things. Another wedding and someone for Zach !

sm1982sm19822 months ago

I don’t know why folx are upset with Brinxton for how the miscommunication went wrong and Zayne ran off instead of addressing how he felt to him. Zayne asked Brixton early on what he was looking for as far as a relationship and he said casual for now, more when work isn’t so busy. Zayne, however, always knew he had wanted the marriage and kids so he is at fault for not sticking to what he wanted. Those types can never be in a long, casual relationship because they’ll catch feelings. And it shouldn’t have taken a full year and a two week break to update the status of their relationship. Daniel, certainly, shouldn’t have been able to get into either of their heads because it was obvious he was terrorist of someone he left heartbroken.

And there’s absolutely nothing about Daniel that convinces anyone that Zayne should’ve been with him in the first place. Or that Zach and Elias would also have been friends with him because he is an inconsiderate and selfish jerk! I can see Brielle’s attitude early on in the story was more out of jealousy and resentment of Daniel still having feeling for Zayne as opposed to being a full blown ableist.

Also, Brinxton’s reason for commitment issues was never brought up, whether from readers getting to know what was in his head or him revealing the reason to his sister or Zayne. All we know is, he misses being around him but there’s a huge difference between being casual and going after someone who won’t settle for less than a relationship leading to marriage.

I don’t know what was up with the sudden appearance of Brixton’s “friends” but they were never mentioned anywhere in the story until they were needed to add tension and trouble between the couple.. They only made me suspicious of why Brixton was so intolerable of ableist when it came to Brielle, Daniel, and his parents but friends with people with the same mindset.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjroseemi@jroseemi
Note: More of "Weak in the Knees" is coming. I've been waiting for Ch. 02 to be published for almost two weeks, so fingers crossed they get to it soon :/ I am a genderfluid person who is generally leaning more male lately, and have been jumping headlong into gay romance and g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES