Table for four

Story Info
Lorna's happy ending.
17k words
4.86
9.7k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Foreword

Although this is a standalone story, its main characters were introduced in Nature vs Nurture. While reading that is not required to enjoy or understand this chapter in their lives, it does give a more complete picture of the characters and their journey to this point.

I hope you enjoy this offering regardless. My thanks to all who do and continue to make my writing feel like a rewarding endeavour.

~

On this rainy Sunday morning, Lorna Calderwood sat at the breakfast bar in her kitchen and absently stirred her coffee, her mind replaying the events of the previous week. In spite of her own disappointment at the outcome of her dates with the beautiful Rachael Sarafian, she hoped the black haired, dark eyed seductress got her happy ending with Saoirse. They deserve it and each other. She smiled at the thought of them together, the exquisite and enigmatic Turkish beauty and the wise and vivacious Irish red head. Quite literally the beautiful couple. Her inner romantic genuinely wished them happiness and the hand not idly stirring was engaged in twirling a length of her burnished copper hair around her finger as the sapphire blue eyes stared out of the window.

Raised in the beautiful Scottish Highlands, Lorna was the archetype hopeless romantic at heart. Outwardly pragmatic, confident and outgoing, the little Lorna inside wanted nothing more than for everyone to be nice to each other and for love to win in the end. It made her sadly incongruous to the modern idea of disposable emotions and relationships, often leaving her wondering if she would ever get to live her own love story. Although slightly bizarre, her encounter with the beautiful Rachael and her Irish best friend was a good example of how Lorna reacted to most romantic entanglements, even when she ended up on the sidelines.

I played my part though and had some fun on the way. She smiled at that and stopped stirring, her mind drifting to the second date at Benvenuti wine bar. When Rachael had said her best friend was coming to have a drink with them she had been excited, her first thought being it was a good sign that things were going well. Her surprise was equal to her disappointment when the friend in question, Saoirse Hennigan, arrived and she found herself face to face with her mirrored image; she and the 5'5" red haired, blue eyed teacher were so alike in face and body, they looked almost like twins. The conclusion had been obvious to both her and Saoirse; Rachael was scared of telling her best friend how she felt and wanted to 'experiment' by dating Lorna.

How her heart had sunk at the realisation. She wished them well despite her own feelings, one of the qualities that defined Lorna's character. Picturing Saoirse again, she allowed herself a secret thrill. I wonder if she told Rachael what happened when she brought me home that night? After tactfully untangling the emotional knot, her Irish twin had given her a lift back then come in for coffee. Fanning whatever strange and narcissistic spark had ignited when the two red haired beauties first laid eyes on each other, Lorna had kissed her.

The sex that followed was as intense as it was unexpected, both women abandoning themselves to the moment. They'd parted with a kiss and few words, the connection between them as natural as the sex, requiring no explanation or complications. Farewell, my Sister. The good wishes were heartfelt but she sincerely hoped that her part in their story was not yet done. Aside from anything else, she felt a sisterly connection to Saoirse that she knew in her heart was reciprocated.

So what about my story? Am I destined always to be the bit part in someone else's? She picked up her phone and opened the messenger, scrolling through to Saoirse's number.

She typed a message. 'Hello Sister mine. Sorry to bother you unexpectedly but was wondering if you wanted to get together for a coffee some time?' Her finger hovered over the send button as she let her mind drift back to the night Saoirse had brought her home, the spontaneous desire to kiss her Irish twin ending in equally spontaneous, unbridled, unashamed sex. "...this is the first time I've had sex with a woman," the Irish woman had said as they lay in each other's arms. Lorna laughed out loud as she recalled the words and the scene; the two of them entwined, naked, glistening with perspiration and female essence like some absurd, incestuous fantasy.

She pressed send, the smile still on her face. What's the worst that she can say? If she said no, Lorna would move on as she always did, accepting that her part in that play was done. If it was yes, well.... who knows...

Her phone buzzed a few seconds later. Voice call from Saoirse.

"Hey, Sister! I was going to call you this week actually. I believe you still owe me a coffee... I could come to yours tomorrow evening if you're up for it?" Saoirse sounded happy and clearly enthusiastic about seeing her.

"That would be lovely. I wasn't sure if you'd want to hear from me to be honest." Heart on your sleeve as always, Lorna? She hoped that hadn't come across as desperate.

"Are you kidding? We made a connection didn't we? I genuinely feel that, don't you? Not to mention that we shared something wonderful too..." She giggled wickedly. "...and your part in this drama helped Rachael and I finally get together. I owe you for that. We both do."

Her inner romantic glowed at that revelation. "Wow, congratulations to you both. I knew you would if I'm honest but that makes me happy, I love happy endings. I'll be home by about six-ish tomorrow so any time after that. See you then?"

"You deserve your own happy ending; you're so lovely, not to mention gracious and understanding. You're such a prize, Lorna, it surprises me that no-one has seen that yet," Saoirse said softly. "We need to find someone worthy of that beautiful you, my Sister."

There was an edge of concern in the Irish woman's voice that touched Lorna deeply. She felt nourished by her words, just as she had in the car on the drive home the previous week. Saoirse's wisdom and confidence seemed to bubble out of her like water from a spring and as it spilled over the Scottish girl, she felt energised, hope for the future beginning to germinate.

She laughed, not merely in humour but from some intangible, joyful energy that grew within, awoken by the words and ministrations of her new-found sibling. "You have such a way about you. I wish you really were my Sister; talking to you makes me feel like anything is possible."

"You'd better believe it, on both counts." She blew a soft kiss down the phone and Lorna laughed quietly again, feeling a warm glow as her faith in their connection grew. "Gotta go, lovely girl. I'll see you tomorrow. Take care."

"Bye, gorgeous. Mwah"

Lorna smiled, putting down her phone and picking up her coffee, eyes returning to the window to stare into the distance. Yes, she was happy for Saoirse and Rachael, they did deserve their happy ending. The smile wasn't just for them, though; Saoirse's cheerful energy and eagerness to see her gave her a warm glow inside and she had a growing sense that her Irish twin was going to be an auspicious force in her life. She'd felt empowered by the woman's presence and wisdom on their first encounter, not to mention her effortless beauty both inside and out. It wasn't difficult to see why Rachael had fallen for her and now Lorna was beginning to really feel like the sisterly connection was tangible and mutual, that Saoirse was the thing that had been missing from her life.

~

Saoirse put her phone down on the bed side table and rolled onto her back smiling. She was very fond of Lorna and there was no affectation behind her endorsement of their sisterly connection. The sexual encounter between them notwithstanding, she found the Scottish girl to be charming, gracious, and empathic. Not one prone to flights of fancy or affectation, she had wondered at the pull she felt towards Lorna, questioning if it was simply some narcissistic fantasy given their physical similarity or if the loss of her older sister seven years ago had left a gap she needed to fill. Their spontaneous and undeniably satisfying sex certainly pointed toward a narcissistic desire but it was much more than that and she had resolved to let the sisterly bond between them grow.

"Did I hear you talking?" queried a voice from the bedroom door. Rachael had returned bearing two mugs of coffee and set them down then dropped her robe to reveal her exquisite nakedness briefly before she slipped back under the quilt.

"Yeah, I got a message from Lorna asking if I want to meet up for a coffee, so I phoned her." She raised an eyebrow at her lover. Are you still jealous? There's no need, my heart is yours.

"No, dear, I'm not jealous," said Rachael, voice light with humour as she answered the eyebrow and unspoken thought. "I'm relieved actually. I felt awful after using her like that and can only marvel at how understanding she was... and the way you handled it with your usual quick-draw wisdom. The fact you had sex with her that night is actually something I wanted to bring up again now you and I are where we should be." She leaned over and kissed her red haired saviour briefly but passionately.

Saoirse closed her eyes and immersed herself in the kiss, brief as it was. The love she felt for Rachael seemed to grow with each shared moment and touch, now it had been released to roam free. It made her feel slightly vulnerable and while exhilarating, the strength of her feelings made it clear she had never really known love before. Not like this, anyway. The analyst part of her mind recognised it as a sort of madness. All consuming, divine, unbridled insanity is more like it.

She'd seen fear of losing that and the aftermath of such loss more times than she could count in her former life as a psychiatrist, never imagining she'd feel such a lack of control herself. Yet here she was, powerless before it, driven mad by the dark eyes and sultry smile of a lonely widow.

"Hello? Earth to Saoirse... come in please." Rachael waved a hand in front of her eyes drawing a laugh and another brief kiss. "Where did you go then?"

"Down your rabbit hole, you evil witch. What the hell have you done to my brain?" The Brogue was often autonomously thicker when she switched to humour mode, not least because Rachael seemed to like it.

"Well, good. It's nice to have one's talents appreciated. Now, do you think you could pay attention for a minute?" She was laughing as she spoke. Rachael, for her part, was remembering what it was like to fall head over heels in love with someone all over again. Having thought that aspect of her life was over when Iain died, then spending five years alone with no thought of even dating thereafter, meeting Saoirse had been nothing short of a revelation.

"I think so. Maybe if I stop looking at you I'll listen better." Damn, she's beautiful just naked and dishevelled...

"OK, look, I know I was jealous when you first told me about you and Lorna having sex that night but I wasn't even dealing with myself then. We're past that now, obviously, so I was thinking...." She trailed off but held Saoirse's sapphire eyes.

"Well, go on, don't milk the suspense." Saoirse reached her arms around Rachael's waist and pulled them together, sliding her thigh between her lover's.

The dark eyed woman sighed, relaxing into their naked embrace. "I don't know... Sometimes I feel like I've got a handle on all this and sometimes it feels like I'm on a rollercoaster and just maintaining the illusion of control. Two weeks ago I was happy being a lonely, sad widow, bitterly resenting anyone who looked cheerful. Now I'm having amazing sex with a Gaelic Princess right out of a faerie tale, harbouring desires that would make the old me blush and run a mile."

"Should I show you some inkblots and try to fathom that way what you don't want to say out loud? Might take a while." She fluttered seductively and pushed her thigh further.

Rachael closed her eyes, losing herself in the silky smooth kiss of their inner thighs like she was feeling it for the first time. Like the first time every time. I hope I never tire of these sensations.

"The seed was planted that night in Benvenuti when I saw you and Lorna standing together while you comforted her. I was drunk and a little delirious from the reality of what I'd done but there was a thought there, a secret desire, unexpected...." Her eyes still closed, Rachael rubbed her legs over Saoirse's.

The red head squeezed her thighs tightly drawing a gasp from her dark haired lover and forcing her eyes open. "If you don't cut to the chase, I'm going to torture it out of you."

Rachael laughed, impressed as always at the red head's strength. "Ok, ok. I want to see you and Lorna together. I mean I want to watch the two of you... maybe even join in." She felt her face flush and buried her face in Saoirse's neck. Her lover's arms tighten around her, the thigh between her own pushed harder against her sex but no response was forthcoming. "Saoirse?"

"I'm speechless. Take note of the date and time, it's a rare occurrence, I can tell you." Saoirse hoped her voice was calm; inside she was excited, scared, and awe-struck simultaneously. Secretly she had hoped there would be some slim chance that she and Lorna would get another chance to explore their mutual desire but for Rachael to suggest it... even want to be involved..? Well, that was just extraordinary. "If she's game, I certainly am. You really are full of surprises my Genie." She pushed her thigh against Rachael's sex again, feeling the heat there and now unmistakably wet against her skin.

The response was swift as Rachael rolled on top of her, pushing their open mouths together, tongue deeply but tenderly reaching along her own as she ground herself slowly but firmly along Saoirse's pressing thigh. She focused on the kiss, teasing and timing her breath, maintaining her push against her lover's sex, feeling her momentum build, sealing them in the exchange of air. Feeling the moan within the kiss, she pulled their bodies hard together, ready to receive the final gasp when it arrived. It came a moment later and Saoirse breathed her in, absorbing her climax as the grinding ceased, the heat upon her leg exquisitely intense. Rachael shuddered in her arms, releasing the pressure on her sex little by little until, desperate now for air, she broke the kiss and rested her head on Saoirse's.

"Oh my god, I love you." Rachael gasped the words, her body and face hot, the sheen of orgasm giving her an angelic aspect in the still curtained room.

"I love you, more than I thought possible. It scares me a little but I trust you more than I ever have anyone. My heart was broken, Rachael and only you know that secret. It is yours to keep, as is my heart, in hope that this love between us remains a pure, untainted thing." She pressed their lips together softly, lingeringly.

Rachael sobbed a laugh, something she had been prone to doing since realising her love for the Irish beauty. "I should be used to your poetic wisdom by now but it still amazes me and thrills me in equal measure. Ask Lorna tomorrow if she's game for some games. Right now, I think it's 1-0 to me."

Saoirse narrowed her eyes lustfully and rolled Rachael over, putting herself on top. "We'll see about that..!"


A new week at Kellerton High School brought with it a wave of excited gossip as word spread and rumours abounded regarding the events of Saturday's Gala evening. The Kiss and Tell Auction, the concluding part of the evening's festivities and a good money raiser for the school had yielded not only a record amount of money but had done so with a most unexpected bid.

Saoirse had put herself forward as one of those to be bid on after being asked if she would by the Headmistress, Mrs Garret. The Gala was still two weeks away at that point and she'd agreed with little thought as to who she would end up kissing, merely wanting to show willing and fit in with school culture as it was her first year working there. Despite Liam Sarafian being one of her best and favourite pupils, she hadn't met Rachael yet and was blissfully unaware of the effect such a meeting would have on both their lives.

Their first encounter was an after school meeting between the two of them one Friday evening, eight days prior to the school gala. It hadn't gone well, misunderstanding and overreaction leading to them very nearly coming to blows. Shaken by the episode, Saoirse had reached out to Rachael via social media and the two had agreed to meet on the Saturday to talk things out. Away from the school and both with much calmer dispositions, they found themselves becoming good friends.

It didn't stop there and the mutual appreciation carried with it an inexplicable attraction which both unsettled and excited the two women. They spent the next week allowing their friendship to grow, both wondering on the depth of their attraction, neither having been attracted to other women prior to their meeting.

When the Gala evening came around and Saoirse was the last remaining person to be auctioned, it looked very much like one of the Dads was about to win with a bid of £275. Then, as the count had begun, Rachael had shouted her surprising bid from the back of the hall, stunning everyone present. At nearly £580, it was more than double the amount from any previous auction. Then, in front of a stunned but excited crowd, she and Saoirse put on a 60 second display of unbridled passion as they shared their first real kiss on the stage. The kiss marked the admission by both of their mutual attraction and the beginning of what they hoped would be a long and happy relationship.

Such a public display between the two beautiful women was bound to cause a stir but it wasn't the only noteworthy part of the evening. To add to the school gossip, during the auction for a kiss with the lovely Saoirse, one of the other female teachers, Felicity Porter, had bid enthusiastically up to £200, only dropping out because, as she was to later remark herself, she thought that would be more than enough.

Felicity, a normally quite shy and reserved history teacher, liked by all but not someone to ever willingly stand in the spot light, now found herself a part of the buzz. Unlike the confident Irish woman, Felicity wasn't used to or good at handling the attention. She'd struggled against her desire to bid on Saoirse; she wasn't a lesbian but, as Rachael had also discovered, there was some overwhelming sexual magnetism about the Irish red head that made people desire her. So with uncharacteristic bravery, fuelled by a couple of drinks, she'd thrown herself into the mood.

~

Lunch time found Saoirse glad of the break from the seemingly endless stream of excited, impertinent and sometimes downright rude questions about Saturday night that marked the beginning and end of each class today. She'd expected it of course but that made them no less tiring. In her indomitable Irish way, she'd rolled with the punches and had a suitably witty and quirky come-back to each question and remark, the humour they elicited seeming to leave a generally buoyant atmosphere in their wake.

As she debated whether or not to eat her sandwiches in her own classroom or join the other teachers in the common room, the door opened and a cute, pixie haired face peered in.

"Saoirse? If you're having your lunch here, mind if I join you?" Clearly somewhat nervous, Felicity Porter's usually soft, well spoken voice sounded almost childlike.

"Felicity, hi. I was just debating where to eat but I think that settles it. Please, come join me." She smiled warmly, picked up her lunch box and walked to the small teacher's room at the back of the class. As she settled herself on one of the comfortable chairs, she smiled in reflection, remembering her first meeting with Rachael in this very room. How odd it seems now, that awkward argument. She recalled them standing furiously toe to toe, their breasts pushing against each other, tasting Rachael's hot angry breath...