Tai's Story Ch. 09

Story Info
The final Chapter in Tai's journey of self discovery.
10.2k words
4.68
8.2k
17
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/12/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,542 Followers

Ginger staying in my bed became the norm for us over the next few weeks. She just seemed to slip straight into my life and it was so easy we didn't fight or argue. She got on so well with Talia it was like they were sisters.

I did feel sorry for Alex who was now feeling a little left out. She seemed very sad and disconsolate. I think the penny was starting to fall. She was starting to realise that the chances of Ben returning were slim to non-existent and it showed on her face. Our relationship had changed as well. We didn't have the same intimacy, she had lost her confidante. She still teased me and tormented me but that was just her nature. She had pulled back and had stopped chasing either Ginger or me for sex. The sexual side of our relationship was over. Once she realised there was no going back she dug her toes in and cut us both off. That suited me because I was worried that she wouldn't want to let go. She has a very controlling nature and I had half expected her to try and get us all into some twisted threesome or extended relationship and as much fun as that would have been sexually I wanted to bed in my relationship with Ginger. I wanted a close loving relationship. I didn't think that would be possible with another person in the mix. So when it became obvious she was cutting us off all together it was a blessing. It did take a while to get accustomed to having her as nothing more than a friend.

As Ginger and I spent more time together it got to the point where she was spending more time at our place than hers. She may as well be living there and it had been going so well I asked if she wanted to actually move in? She jumped at the chance. "I would love to but what about Talia I don't want to get in your way."

"She will be fine, I will put it to her tonight so it will be her call."

She nodded and we hugged which turned into kissing which turned into making out which turned into a luxurious slow fuck in the afternoon sun.

Ginger disappeared before Talia got home from school. When she walked in the door the first thing she asked was. "Where's Ginger?"

I asked her to sit down and the moment I did that she looked heartbroken. "Oh my god no, no, no please don't say it, what happened? I thought you guys were getting on so good."

I kissed her softly. "Honey you have the wrong end of the stick. What I want to talk about is Ginger moving in." Before I could say anything more she jumped onto my lap and wrapped her arms around me. "Oh Dad thank god you had me worried that something bad had happened."

"Honey it means she would be living here full time. This wouldn't be for a few days. This is for the long haul."

She hugged me tighter and I could feel the side of my neck getting wet with her tears "Dad I really like Ginger, she is like the sister I never had. I promise there is no problem." Her comment was supposed to be supportive, and it was but it also reminded me of the age difference between us. She was young and full of life. I couldn't fully push back those horrible dark thoughts. Was I doing the right thing? Could it last? Or would Ginger eventually tire of hanging around with me?

Later when Ginger walked in to start work Talia rushed up to her and flung her arms around her and they embraced tightly, more like lovers than sisters. I could hear the tittering and giggling as they talked. They really did get on great.

During a lull later Talia approached me again. "Dad, can I tell Mum or is this supposed to be a secret?"

"Well at the moment I would prefer that we keep it just between us. I am sure Evie will tell her any bloody way but please can we keep it on the down low?"

She nodded but I could see she wasn't happy.

Life settled into a bit of a routine for us. The day times were free and Ginger took great pleasure in dressing me up like her own personal Barbie doll. She loved it and we shared clothes. Well that is if we could rescue them from Talia.

Luce and I still stayed in touch and she dropped the bombshell. The divorce papers were final and she wanted to get married. She wanted Talia to go to the wedding. I agreed that it was fine although I would leave the decision to her, I had no problems with it, and she could go if she wanted. She asked whether Tane could come and stay with us while they went on their honeymoon. I agreed that was perfect for me. We hadn't spoken much lately, I couldn't wait for him to visit.

Later that night Talia came up to me to talk. I dried my hands and left Rob in charge as we found a secluded spot.

"Dad Mom told me she has told you about her marrying Mark." She held on to my hand with her concerned expression etched into her face. "Are you OK?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes it was a bit of a shock but hey, we are adults and I guess it was going to happen."

"She has asked me to go to the wedding, is that alright? I have saved up enough money I can pay for it myself." She added hesitantly.

I chuckled. "Honey it's OK and I am happy to pay for it, you keep your money. You mother already asked me and Tane is coming back with you and he is going to stay with us while they go on their honeymoon."

She got a bit fidgety which happens when she ids nervous. "Dad, Mum wanted me to ask you something else."

Oh, oh I thought to myself this isn't going to be good... "Go ahead."

"She wants you to go to the wedding as well. She said it would mean a lot to her."

"Why didn't she ask me herself?"

"I don't know? Maybe she was nervous. She thinks that I only have to ask and you will fold. She thinks I have some kind of super power over you. I think her words were I have you wrapped around my little finger."

We both laughed. "I don't know honey. I have lots on at the moment and I am not sure I can get away."

She looked down at the ground despondently. "That's OK I understand how you must feel. After the way she treated you I probably wouldn't want to go either. I just thought it would be nice for us all to be together."

"Honey it's just that I don't know whether it's the right thing to do. I don't really want to watch her get married again."

"Dad Mum isn't going to ask you but she feels really strongly about this. She wants you to be there. I want you to be there as well. I am going to be a bridesmaid you know... Don't you want to see me in my bridesmaids outfit?"

I laughed. "You will make a gorgeous bridesmaid. Just don't get caught up in all that hens' night shit."

She slapped me on the shoulder and gave me a cheeky grin. "Sam will make sure I don't get into trouble."

"You're taking Sam? I queried.

She nodded. "I sure am, I could hardly leave her behind could I."

"What did Mum say?"

She got fidgety and uncomfortable again. "I haven't told her yet."

I had a sneaky feeling that Luce wasn't going to receive that information well.

Over the next few days Talia repeatedly tried to convince me that I should go. It was starting to get to me and the more I thought about it the more I thought, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. In the end after much discussion I relented. "Talia if your mother wants me to go she has to ask me OK. If she asks I will go."

She clapped her hands. "Thanks Dad it means a lot to me."

I thought I was being sneaky because I didn't think there was any way in hell she would ask. Well so much for that plan. The very next day Luce called and asked me. I had made a promise so I had to go. I agreed the funny part was when I asked. "So I assume it's OK if I bring a partner?"

I heard her suck in a deep breath before she spat out. "So long as it's not that bitch Alex."

"Hey cut it out that's my girlfriend you are talking about. She is not a bitch." Her attitude pissed me off so I added. "Tell you what Luce I will come to your wedding so long as you don't marry that wimpy little arsehole Mark."

She got snarky. "Bring who you fucking want. Its Talia's idea anyway, I don't care either way."

"Fine then I will stay here I have too much work to do anyway."

"Fine." She snapped and hung up.

The whole thing pissed me off. Was it Talia's idea? Or was Luce just being bitchy.

A couple of days later Talia cornered me before work. "Dad Mum is really hurting she really wanted you to go to the wedding."

"That's not what she told me." I gave her a glare. "She said it was all your idea."

She looked shocked. "Dad that's not true, it was Mum who begged me to ask you. She was in tears last night when we talked. You weren't going to take Alex were you?"

I sniggered. "No of course not Ginger would bloody kill me. That was your mother, when I asked if I could bring a partner she said as long as it wasn't Alex. That pissed me off so I said I was."

She shook her head in mock disgust. "So what's the issue? Take Ginger she would love to go."

"Yeah I guess we could turn it into a bit of a holiday. Evie could look after this place."

Talia looked nervously at me. "Dad, didn't you know? Evie is going as well."

That stunned me. "She hasn't said anything to me."

She got defensive. "She is too scared to tell you. After you and Mum had your little spat she decided not to say anything, she even said she might not go."

"That's ridiculous I just don't know how we can both go..."

"Can't you just get Rob to manage it?"

"No he can't do everything, I cannot expect him to manage the place, organise everything and do the cooking as well."

She looked disappointed. "Surely someone else can help."

"Talia I have put too much work into this to let it fail. No If Evie is going then I will stay."

A few days later Evie approached me looking contrite. "Sorry honey, I wanted to tell you but I knew you and Luce had a big fight. If you want to go I will stay and look after the place. You can trust me I won't let you down."

"Of course I trust you that's never been in question." I gave her a hug. "Hon I wouldn't care about leaving you in charge, but I don't really want to go. I was only going to support Talia. No if you want to go you go girl."

She hugged me tighter and planted a big red sloppy kiss on my cheek. "Luce will be upset you know. She really did want you there. She sees it as symbolic in some twisted way."

"Bullshit." I laughed she just wants to rub my face in it."

She walked away shaking her head. "For a smart guy sometimes you are a fucking idiot."

A few days later Alex waltzed in. She greeted us all with a kiss and we went into the office as usual to go over the invoices and accounts. As we sat with our coffees she peered up at me. "So you want me to look after the place huh?"

I was flummoxed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

She laughed. "Evie told me that your evil ex didn't want me to go to her wedding... So I thought seeing as how you wanted to go and take my replacement that I would have to look after the place in your absence."

I was gobsmacked. "You would do that?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course I will. I am going to enjoy improving this place and turning it into something decent."

She couldn't keep a straight face and burst into laughter. "Sorry I couldn't resist it. I will be happy to manage the place if you want?"

I looked past her and saw Evie standing watching us sheepishly. "That would be awesome, but only if you are OK with it... I mean you could come with me just to piss her off."

She giggled. "As much as I would love to go and shove it down her throat... No in fact fuck no, Ginger would kill me in my sleep and cut up my body into small pieces and feed them to you bit by bit."

So the deal was done. We were going... All I had to do now was ask Ginger.

It turned out she was as keen as mustard. She had never been out of the country, so she was super excited especially when she found out I was paying. Suddenly her demeanour brightened.

Ginger came from a broken family and had left home as soon as she could. She had no real qualifications so had gotten by on waitressing jobs or check out chick jobs. I think that's why she was so excited when I asked her to move in.

Talia, Sam, Ginger and I were sitting around planning our trip when my phone rang and it was Luce. She asked if I was free to talk. I got up and wandered away from the chatter of the table. "OK Luce what's up?" I was expecting some grief about who I was taking.

No it was about Sam. She moaned. "Tai please tell me that Talia is coming by herself?"

"No Luce she is bringing her friend Sam."

"Don't bullshit me Tai they are girlfriends I saw that when I was there and I would prefer if she came alone. Could you please talk to her see if you can get her to change her mind?"

"No Luce I can't. Sam is a lovely girl and they get on great. Why the hell are your tits in a tangle over this? You met Sam you know how well they go together."

"Tai please Marks parents are going to be at the wedding and they are very religious. This won't sit well with anyone. Mum won't be happy either."

"Bollocks Luce, that's just pure bullshit. Your mum really liked Sam when they were here for the opening. They got on like a house on fire. If you don't want her to come you can do your own dirty work."

"Tai I am begging you please, god the wedding has nothing to do with Samantha... She is not part of this family."

"Yeah well neither am I so maybe I should stay here with Sam."

"Don't be a dumb fuck Tai. I am just asking you to talk with her. See if you can get her to see reason, please."

"The answer is still no Luce this is your wheelbarrow you can push it.

The next day when Talia got home from school she was livid and I guessed why. She was furious and stomped around saying what an arse her mother was. I made some tea and we sat out in the sun as she calmed down.

"What am I going to do Dad? Sam is really looking forward to going. I can't pull the rug out from under her now."

"Honey you don't have to. She can still go with us. Your mother will just have to suck it up."

She shrivelled up her nose. "Mum will hate me."

"So what, she will get over it. If she wants you there she will accept it."

She gave me a warm hug. "Thanks Dad, you are right. I love you but you know what Mums like, she will just make it uncomfortable for Sam."

"Honey she will be so busy trying to explain to everyone why I am wearing a dress Sam will go unnoticed."

She nearly choked on her tea she laughed so hard. "Dad... Really..."

"I'm just joking, well at least I think I am, depends on how much she pisses me off. If she annoys me any more I might just do it, I will find the most flamboyant horrible frilly thing I can and just walk right in."

Ginger was like a giddy school girl as we planned the trip. We shopped and brought new outfits for her. She was worried because she didn't have a lot of money. I mollified her explaining I was happy to pay for it. She broke down. "Tai I am not dating you for a meal ticket I want to pay my own way."

I laughed. "Babe its fine, OK at the moment I am paying in the future when things level out you can buy me dinner or something. This isn't mine or yours it's ours."

"What are you getting at?" She asked breathlessly.

"I picked her hand up in mine and kissed it. "What I am trying to say is I want this to be more than just a little fling. I am falling in love with you Ginger and I want this to become permanent."

She stumbled a little before catching herself. "I don't know what to say Tai, I feel the same way. These last few months have been the happiest in my whole life. I love how open you are. I love Amy that's amazing and yes I love you as well. I can't believe I get a girlfriend and a boyfriend all in the same package."

I pulled a ring out of my pocket and knelt down in front of her. "Ginger I am asking you to be my wife."

She sank down on her knees beside me and her body trembled as she cried. "Yes a hundred times yes. Oh my god yes I love you Tai and I would love to be your wife, well so long as you will be mine as well?"

That's how Talia found us. On our knees with Ginger crying her eyes out. She looked confused and I think she was again worried that we might be breaking up.

Ginger sprang to her feet like a gazelle and grabbed her in a tight embrace. "Tai has asked me to marry him and I said yes!"

The smile was a mile wide on Talia's face and we shared a group hug.

That night we announced it to everyone. After we shut up shop for the night it dissolved into a full on party. Evie was like a crazed lunatic, she was already planning the wedding. Talia was telling everyone she was going to be a bridesmaid again. Sam looked a little left out until Ginger asked if she wanted to be a bridesmaid as well. She broke into a huge mile and her spirits lifted which got us all going. The fight to be maid of honour was on between Evie and Alex. They both wanted the role... So the battle lines were drawn and the two set out to woo Ginger.

To save a squabble Ginger chose two Maids of honour and split the duties down the middle. I started to organise an engagement party for our return. It was going to be huge.

Luce gave up on trying to get Talia to leave Sam behind they fought bitterly with Talia announcing if Sam couldn't go then she wouldn't either and I supported her, what's more I was hugely proud of her as she stood up to her mother.

The moment we got on the plane Ginger was on a different level of excitement. She was trembling with jubilation.

Everything was new to her and she was like a kid in a candy shop.

We picked up our rental car and the first port of call was to drop off Talia and Sam at Luce's place as they were going to be staying there. The moment we pulled up in the driveway Talia tightened up half expecting a fight with her mother. Luce and Mark walked out to meet us and the look on Luce's face when she saw Ginger was priceless. She was totally shocked. Talia did all the introductions and even Mark did a double take when she said Ginger was my fiancée.

Luce stumbled as well. "Did you say fiancée?"

I interrupted. "Luce Ginger and I are engaged. We are going to be getting married when we return to Aus.

She stammered her congratulations but it was forced out through gritted teeth. It was like she was pissed off as if I was purposefully trying to steal her thunder.

As we were talking Tane came out as well and we greeted with a handshake and a hug. He saw Ginger standing with us and I could see his eyes glued to her. He was trying to figure out why she was here. She definitely had an effect on him. He reminded me so much of myself when I was younger. Awkward and shy around women especially pretty ones.

The moment Talia told him about our engagement his expression changed and looked like I had stolen his ice-cream.

We left them there and went on to our motel. We went down to the local for a meal and drinks. Pete was in fine form telling the girls stories about when we were growing up. Ginger couldn't believe all the stories. She was amazed to hear what I was like when I was younger.

Later as we were in bed Ginger was in a playful mood and wanted to bring Amy out to play but I was reticent. It somehow didn't seem right here. Being back in my old stomping ground brought back some pretty bleak memories.

Over the next few days Tane spent as much time as he could with us he drooled over Ginger like a love-struck teenager, which I suppose he was. Ginger had him wrapped around her finger and she teased him mercilessly. By the third day I had to take her aside and reprimand her. "Ginger cut out teasing and tormenting Tane. He is my son."

She got defensive straight away. "Honey it's just a little fun. He is like having my own little puppy dog. You've seen those eyes of his, he is so cute."

"That's OK for you babe but he is going to get hurt. He is still a child."

So she stopped and Tane got confused thinking something was wrong. I had to talk to him. "Son you need to stop following Ginger around, she is my fiancée and it's not OK. She is my girlfriend and you are making a fool of yourself."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,542 Followers