All Comments on 'Taking The Wind Out Of Their Sails'

by IWroteThis

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments
DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

What A bitch to be sure,

It turns out that she was full of manure.

Her husband was Quick with his brain,

he went home With out any shame!!

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This was moderately funny at the end, but I am not really a fan of the 750 word stories, especially when not forewarned.

Storm113Storm1133 months ago

Good beginning, but incomplete. So, only 2 *.

MightyheartMightyheart3 months ago

Half a story.

2/2.5

Complete it and I will add 2.5 more

KarnevilKarnevil3 months ago

Nothing really to recommend this, no plot, no characterization, no action, no twist or surprise, no reason to read it really.

NRBonzNRBonz3 months ago

Good on you! Serves them both just right. Five stars.

Impo_64Impo_643 months ago

Not bad, but a 750 word story not always result well! That's the case. It's dificult that kind of stories don't miss details...3*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Good snippet but doesn’t work as a full story. There’s no depth of characters or plot to immerse the reader in. 3.7*

BigfundrewBigfundrew3 months ago

I enjoy reading the pointlessly nasty, insulting comments then seeing that every time, the commenter has no stories of their own to offer.

Anyway, good contribution to the 750 word challenge. You succeeded.

InfosaugerInfosauger3 months ago

Fun to read, but I'm interested what happened next

hindsight2020hindsight20203 months ago

I also want to know what happened next, but this story was tight, neat and complete without anymore!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!

jocko_smithjocko_smith3 months ago

Complete as is, their story is over. Good job, I've no interest in learning anything more about Sherry or Greg.

red_woodred_wood3 months ago

Well written, tight story.

Maybe a follow up from her side, providing the backgroung and outcome....

GarySmith69GarySmith693 months ago

That was very good. A husband thinking on his feet and getting out of a bad situation. I'm sure a certain group of readers will hate this story. But its your story write whatever you want.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I have never thought "...and everyone will know you are a cuckold" was ever much of a threat. It's better to be a trusting fool than a lying cheat.

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

You had a good start, now finish it. You have a guy who is quick on his feet. Let's see what he does and how the wife reacts.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle663 months ago

I'm not a fan of the "humiliate the cuck" stories or wife "springing it on the husband" like that.

I could see a wife eventually wanting someone other than her husband. But it takes two real a-holes to do it so blatantly and trying to humiliate him in that public context.

So, at least it wasn't a violent BTB story, and I'll give it a 4.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

Pretty good tease of a longer story.

A_BierceA_Bierce3 months ago

A 750-word story should be read with the understanding that the author set out to do the best possible job within the length limitations—in other words, read for what it is, a 750-word story, not a failed piece of a longer story. This particular instance seems to me to have a beginning, (his stated reluctance to attent yet another quarterly party), a middle (her revelation that she's going to leave with her office husband), and an end (the husband's public declaration that the office husband has won the lottery). Well done.

 

If one doesn't like 750-word stories, it's disingenuous to complain in the comments that the story was too short, unfinished, whatever. If one doesn't like them, one shouldn't read them.

TonyspencerTonyspencer3 months ago

Short, punchy and satisfying ending, great work in 750 words.

CaptFlintCaptFlint3 months ago

Fast ball down the middle. BOOM! Right out of the park. Nice work. Thank you.

hobie1010hobie10103 months ago
I know it's

750 words but I would have liked a little bit more of the aftermath

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

I wish there was an aftermath to what happened after he left

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

God, how I fucking hate these 750 word stories. Wish the author that originally introduced them was slapped in the face for each one that gets posted as punishment.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I hope she likes her new life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It seems you fofgot the 2 last 750 word sequals required to finish it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That company would be sued into oblivion

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another example of the classic and abused Feb-Suks tale, but ending with a rare and immediate reaction from an husband with a male brain (almost all of the feb-suks derivations follow the femdom cheating-cuck-raac line, sometimes adding lots of psycho-blabbering to make more acceptable the impossible). So, short take and right to the point tale, with the due payback to a narcissistic bitch wife: 5 full stars for this anti-cuck tale.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So all that time she has cheated or was this to be the first?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

👍🏻 😂 *****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That‘s not a story for 750 words. Sorry Guy. Two stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It is a decent start of a story. It is a shame you were lazy and didn’t finish writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short and sweet

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

one of the few shorts like this, that I actually liked. 4*

JensensloverJensenslover3 months ago

So your user name is IWroteThis... What exactly did your WRITE? not a story, barely a scene from a story, barely a snippet as someone else said.

jstformejstforme3 months ago

Bigfundrew, I don’t think you thought through your insult to people that don’t like your stories. Do you REALLY think it’s wise to fill LW with more terrible stories so people retain the right to post their thoughts? This story was ok, I see these short stories as a cop out for someone that can’t think through a whole story, or have any understanding of how it feels to truly get betrayed by the last person on earth you’d expect. 2 stars

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Wow great 750 word story. Haha like the end, where he’ll drop her stuff off at his house.

5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ct1CatfishCt1Catfish3 months ago

Fun little story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So many obviously stupid commenters with high falutin' nics. It's 750 words, maybe a White Castle slider (a tiny hamburger) and yet people comment as though it should have been a multi course meal. 750's are pretty easy to spot, if all you're going to do is complain they're too short go read a chuck tale or something else more to your liking.

I for one thought this one of the more clever ways to deal with this scenario and have enough imagination to fill in a few blanks.

Well done working within the constraints of the format

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The STRONG implication was there that hubby had found out about wifey’s office behavior (“finish” boxing her stuff; the INSTANT and almost unemotional reaction), but the 750 limit precluded any real confirmation of this.

.

Readers will just have to presume that Sherry’s future will not be too rosy. Such are these flash stories.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is one that I wish continued.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

Was a good short story its about time these husbands are able to think fast and show some back bone , nicely done

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

The biter bit!

ribnitinribnitin3 months ago

Nicely done. Short and effective

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Don't listen to the haters. Very good complete 750 word story.

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

To all of those with kind words on my first story here, thank you.

/

To those who think it's incomplete, I'm sorry I disappointed you.

The story that came to me was about events at an office party. No matter how I was inspired to tweak it (and I did tweak it with three major revisions and a ton of small edits), it always started and stopped within that one room. While I probably could have merged it with another story in my WiP bin to "complete" it, the original word count made it a great candidate for a 750 word project.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

I liked him turning the embarrassment on the "bull," but the story was too short.

\

@Tx77, the story has 750 word tags.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If hubby dumps her, he is missing a great opportunity to enjoy having a very hot wife and all the benefits that bring to a marriage. I hope he comes to his senses and comes down off his high horse.

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

Like everyone else this needs to be made into a longer version.

Quaker0186Quaker01863 months ago

Good short retelling of a similar story. However in the 750 category it was well spaced and flowed vey well.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well played! 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

deependerdeepender3 months ago

It is patently absurd to demand an extension of a 750-word story. Done is done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well fit into the format. Sometimes a story doesn't need to be verbose to get the point across.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69893 months ago

Nice touch thanks for sharing.

ilikeskin69ilikeskin693 months ago

Good little story..

ju8streadingju8streading3 months ago

well she sure wasn't worth fighting for.

xtc5xtc53 months ago

that was perfect IMHO.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19553 months ago

Wish it was longer.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain3 months ago

Needs finishing!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Wham. Bam. Thank you Ma'am!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh. Three stars.

JPB

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

That was great, I like a fast talker.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Now that's thinking on your feet! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great flash story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short and sweet! I liked it. I bet they didn't see that coming!

vicelordvicelord3 months ago

Well done, but, of course if all 'we need to talk' stories had this obvious of a result, the sub-genre would disappear.

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

"The STRONG implication was there that hubby had found out about wifey’s office behavior (“finish” boxing her stuff; the INSTANT and almost unemotional reaction), but the 750 limit precluded any real confirmation of this."

-

Well, that's not at all what I intended. With it specifically saying he was concerned but saw nothing else to make him suspicious, the way he turned around Greg wanting Randy to eat Greg's creampie, and the reference to his quick wit, I thought it was pretty clear he was making it all up as he went along. In an earlier version I actually had it close with him walking out while making a phone call to kick off what he said had already happened, but I decided it was unnecessary and didn't fit the story flow. Plus, I liked the new closing line a lot better.

As for him being unemotional, he had been on edge about it for a while, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

---

"Another example of the classic and abused Feb-Suks tale,"

-

I don't really see this as being related to February Sucks and I didn't use it for inspiration. Yes, there is a cheating wife and a semi-public event that includes dancing, but this was not a previously faithful wife being star struck and running off for a once in a lifetime night with a celebrity. This was a wife looking to escalate her office affair to outside the office on an ongoing basis.

---

"That company would be sued into oblivion"

-

Maybe, if they paid for rooms used after they left the dance, but probably not. Even if they did get sued, as you can sue anybody for anything, the odds of anybody winning a judgement against them is pretty small. The only hope is a payoff to avoid the bad publicity.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

Dang.

What now?

Does the ending of this tale telling me to beg for a swquel? Or is it goading me to give a snarky comment?

JollyrogeringJollyrogering3 months ago

Nice hit right in the nuts!

It's nice and short. It took in all people's accounts and it ended well.

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

Good start, but I'd really like to see a longer, more developed ending

jbpeters74jbpeters743 months ago

I soooo want more to this story, well played sir..

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

Good story. But I want to read about the aftermath.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

@ju8streading - no woman you're in an exclusive relationship is worth fighting, or even otherwise competing for. If she's the low quality type who will betray you, better to find out early and jettison the anchor.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

These little dicked boys who write and read these types of stories get to live out their only true masculine moments while reading these. It must really take a feminine male to get off on these ridiculous farces.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, that was dumb.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great start but feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A cute setup. I hope you write a story some day, I think you might have talent.

robbo069robbo0693 months ago

This needs a better ending

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Amazingly Unrealistic. 3 stars

Jonboy12345678910Jonboy123456789103 months ago

Need another chapter

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

***** Super!

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

5 stars - this was a perfect, snappy comeback that caught the ASSHOLE, SLUT & everyone in the room by surprise.

It is sad to admit that if I were to be confronted with a similar dilemma, the ASSHOLE would already be on the floor bleeding profusely.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Agree with silverthorne, good start but both the bitch and bastard need some more sorting out. How about a quick part two where both are destroyed? I'm hoping the asswipe is married and his wife burns him down in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OK . Thanks for the detailed synopsis . Now , where's the story .

wheelman53wheelman533 months ago

Good start but not even a first chapter.

towgtowg3 months ago

Woefully inadequate, even for a 750 word blip.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

I like the story and the way it was crafted. Thanks and look forward to more of your work. Four stars. Leaving room for a 5 star effort.

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Embarrass the cunt, her office husband and all the fellow employees for office oragies. Leave her with the worthless Douche Nozzle.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0353 months ago

Please keep writing - 5 stars.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Good one! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

i122i1223 months ago

Too short and if this is a standalone story it is woefully inadequate. Therefore I assume this is just the opening chapter

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIWroteThis@IWroteThis
I'm a long time reader and long time writer who finally worked up the nerve to share some of the "naughty" creations that I've never let anybody else read.