Taming a Brat Pt. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck you and your crazy ass bitch. I'm going to fix whatever you two fucked up," I was almost yelling.

"Not so fast!" He chased behind me as I stormed out of the diner, "He knows you're with me."

"So, I'll explain what happened to him. The truth will always come out, or did you forget that Ashton?" I snapped at him.

"Alias, don't break your own heart by walking in and seeing what you're going to see," He said, almost as if he truly cared, "We both know you aren't cut out for this lifestyle. Don't hold him back from being with someone who actually knows what they're doing."

"Ashton, let's get one thing straight. Kane is not like you, and he damn sure wouldn't do that to me. So why don't you just fuck off?" I yelled. I was fighting tears, truthfully. His words stung deeply, despite how badly I wanted to dismiss them, I felt some truthfulness to them.

"Fine, see for yourself. I'll be here when you need a shoulder to cry on," He smirked, walking backwards away from me.

I all but ran to the penthouse, my heart thudding in my throat. I trusted Kane, I knew he would never entertain Claire. If anything, he was probably having the same conversation with her that I just had with Ashton. I ran into the building and to the elevator, nearly breaking the button pushing it so hard. What seemed to be the longest elevator ride yet finally ended and the doors opened.

Oh, how I wish they hadn't.

Claire kneeled before Kane as he towered over her, hands shoved in his pockets. The ding of the elevator caught his attention, and guilt spread across his face. I didn't bother looking at hers as I pressed the lobby button.

My heart sunk in my chest. Ashton wasn't lying for once. Whether she manipulated the situation or not, there was no denying what my eyes saw. Tears pooled in my eyes and I fought hard to prevent them from slipping away, knowing if I let one fall it would be a flood of tears shortly thereafter. I switched off my phone, knowing it was about to be blown up with calls and messages.

Claire had won.

12