All Comments on 'Tangled Web'

by Aussie Bard

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments
fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 19 years ago
Outstanding Aussie

And the moral of the story is: Don't believe everything you hear, and don't fail to talk to your partner if you have a problem about his/her actions.

Good job.

Gary

saw_man1saw_man1almost 19 years ago
Quite a Twist

Another great story from a very consistant writer.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
Wow

What a story, a great story with a twist on the ending. Makes you think before you try the revenge thing. well written and well done.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 19 years ago
Well done!

Well written; great twist at the end.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Too Good

Of course if this couple could talk to each other we wouldn't have a story here.

So, lacking communications, she deludes herself into believing she's a victim. How sad that people see only what they want to see.

And while you lead us through half the story inducing mixed emotions; we find, in the end, that the chickens came home to roost in the beginning.

Masterful stroke with this twist, stripping away her veneer of fidelity. Revenge really can be costly, but in ways unexpected.

A husband's honesty, fidelity, & integrity is rewarded.

RussHRussHalmost 19 years ago
Another great one

Another great story from someone who is fast becoming one of my top favorites. Terrific job, loved the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Give me a break.

Moralistic, juvenile claptrap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
what a good read!!

so the lady had an affair and a "quickie".

Thank you!!

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
*** Time Out ***

AB

Every now & then these little trolls crawl out from under their rocks and spew their....whatever.....

Such as

" Give me a break."

"07/15/05 by Anonymous in USA "

"Moralistic, juvenile claptrap."

And the phrase that springs to mind -- functional illiteracy.

Had to vent; on the good authors/stories/poems I'll comment and/or read other's comments. Comments add to the experience and little shits like above really fry my eggs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Outstanding Well Conceived Effort

Your talent, style and theme of marital consequence is very much appreciated by us semi-normals. The ending proved that justice and consequence is sometimes delivered late (in this case by one's own hand)or eventually but always happens.

Author - a fine story of what can happen when incidental things line up to create awareness at a most awkward time.

More Please - With High Regard

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 19 years ago
Nice tale!

This was a good read. It was funny, yet sad. I don't understand why some readers complain about a story being moralistic, or others readers that are outraged at the cuckold stories. Just move on to a different story if the premise doesn't fit with your desires. An intelligent, well-written story is always a pleasure. There are sub-genres in LE. 'Loving Wives' has mostly two options; men that like being cuckolds, and those that do not. If one of these offends you, simply avoid it. No matter what your tastes, we are all fortunate to have forums for our stories and opinions. We are also fortunate to have the Bard entertaining us with some excellent stories.

PAPATOADPAPATOADalmost 19 years ago
nice ending

Enjoyed the story and got a kick out of the unexpected ending. Keep writing the good stuff.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 19 years ago
Oh no...not again....

Ok for two days in a row now ... TWO DAYS ... there have been revenge sex stories. Stories that I catigorically(sp) HATE.....

And for two *ARG!* days in a row, I have to LOVE THEM!

Now I knew right from the start that the Husband was faithful, that just 'felt' right. But the twist at the end?

A Masterstroke!

This is why I love your stories...man there are just too many great writers on here. It's hard to keep up!

And yes, as a previous commenter has pointed out, things CAN catch up to you!

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Ending

I was very sympathetic to the wife until the very end. Still feel sorry for her but she isn't an innocent.

Brilliant plot twist. Brilliant.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 19 years ago
Very Well done!

Well, this was a good story. I loved it. Showed good character development, good grasp of plot and the surprise at the end was a smasher! You thought this one through pretty well!

You show talent and a grasp of real people.

Great job and please post more!

Regards,

charleybearcharleybearalmost 19 years ago
Great Story Bard

I loved the twist at the end.

Someone else commented that some people love your work and some people don't. (That is the same for all of us who write.) It is what makes this a great life, we do not all have to agree.

I agree that when you don't like a story you should move on to another. I assure you that I will be reading all of yours.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
so, what's the story, the moral?

it's certainly not that about "cheating has a price but so is revenge",,, the husband did not cheat, so that premise is shot down cleanly. but if the story is GOING to be, in some future extension, that his "revenge" (i.e. rightly serving the timing woman with the divorce papers) is a "revenge" and that it will backfire --- than it is also meaningless, since it is not a revenge to serve the repeatedly, serially cheating spouse in the first place,,,

the title of the current story, therefore, is not very meaningful,,,, and it takes no less than 3 people to not get it? lol! the writing's good enough, though, despite the obvious flaw in story telling, in planning,,,

ryu77ryu77almost 19 years ago
Can you hear it??????

It's the KARMA BUS baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Good ending!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
GREAT STORY

Bitch got what she deserved. The funny thing is that if the whore would have sat down and talked to her husband she would have found out that he hadn't cheated and none of this would have happened and her short affair would have never been revealed. She had already gotten away with it and if the cunt would of thaught before doing anything her husband would of have never found out. this story was well written and i really like the twist at the end. I am glad that u didn't make the husband some wimpy,cuckold poor excuse of a man.this is what happens in real life, and that is what i liked about this story.it was written real life like.keep up the good work/

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good, but could have been better

She got what she deserved.....the scheming, mistrustful bitch. It is too bad that she didn't get a serious STD as well, along with her divorce....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
2 things

First the ending was good not great.

Second, if this is the best you can do with an editor, you either need to quit writing or get an editor to slap you upside the head get more out of you. Add a female perspective which would light a fire under your keyboard for a better story.

You are not a bard, so do not belittle that noble title. This story does not deserve a hot rating. It got 25 from me, because of one sentence. Work on the other 75!

SLC-OhioSLC-Ohioalmost 19 years ago
Too hard to read

This guy, and it's a guy who wrote this shit, he can't write, not at all. Crap like this should have been condensed to a couple of lines...or better yet, rejected as too boring. PU. For example: the reader does not receive a physical description of the wife, not once. Big boobs doesn't suffice. How tall is she? What color is her hair? Her wieght?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Hmmmm

Well written with fairly reasonable characters. Obviously the wife had reason to suspect the husband was being unfaithful if she was so quick to believe her friend.

So from a plot and mechanics standpoint the story works. So why do I feel empty?

The story lacked real erotic content. The "other man" was well described in a repulsive light. When that's the only sex in 2.5 Literotica pages it's hard to call it "erotic".

I really wish you'd try writing something besides revenge. Your attention to plot and characters would work wonderfully in Romance or Erotic Couplings. You're wasting your talent writing this boring revenge stuff.

noone269noone269almost 19 years ago
Very good story!

I knew the husband had been faithful, it was just too obvious. Also I am glad to see the wife got what she deserved, even though at first I was hoping they would get back together. At least until I read the twist, which was brilliantly planned by the way.

This story reminds me of a story I read on here a couple weeks ago, about how people who behave badly assume others, especially their spouses, act the same way. I forget the name of the story at the moment, but I couldn't help thinking about it when reading this one.

The only criticism I have is spelling and grammar. You and your editor need to go over your next story a little more carefully, there were a couple of obvious errors you both missed.

SalamisSalamisalmost 19 years ago
Most Enjoyable

The twist at the end was one of the best of any story I've read. It accomplished what that plot device should do, and that is to resolve the loose ends of the piece. Thanks for a most enjoyable read.

phoenix764phoenix764almost 19 years ago
Great

A great story with a good plot. Stories about cheating rarely include the consequences. Thank you for including them. The masterstroke at the end, revealing her previous affair was genius. It clearly showed her for what she is, and delivered a severe blow in the process. The husband can now subpeona Jane to have her testify about her earlier affair. The only thing missing, which you might include in a sequel is how their lives go on. He will probably take some time to get over it, but should find a good woman after that, and have a family with her. Of course the wife should suffer depression, and guilt. Maybe she will pig out and gain 100 - 150 lbs. so she is no longer attractive to men. Her reputation will be forever tarnished, so that she never dates a good guy. Maybe she is stuck with jerk who abuse her for several years, if anyone dates this slut again. No one will marry her, when they can get it for free.

A note to the critics: Have the balls to sign-in and say who you are when you leave comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Dumbass

THis husband is an ahole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I am just

wondering,because of the way which the husband acted(throwing her out immediatly,no discussion etc.)if he knew about the previous affair but had forgiven her and gave her another chance. Just some thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
To Hell With the Boo Birds

I Think it was a nicely put together tale. I really liked the ending 'cause you gave Mark justice for her misconduct and justice to her for her misdeeds and that tied it up in one neat package. Ronnie W.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
Excellent Story

I liked it a lot.

It is funny how we feel the hurt when we receive it but not when we dish it out.

This kind of revenge is too dumb. It was even done in a very dumb way. Some people are really too dumb.

Keep up the good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A GOOD READ!!!!

Only complaint is that the revenge sex could have been avoided...It was unecessary to the tale....after getting all sexy to go out...she should have reconsidered...discussed her problem with him...have all the same dialogue except without the revenge sex...decide to forgive him...though he still does not know why...had great sex that night and throughout the weekend...with her forgiveness and love doubling...no tripling after the weekend.

Then Monday afternoon, Mark goes to the office to take her out for a romantic supper...but still not understanding who this Jane is and what she saw....and then having the rest of the story transpire.

Mark...then walks out of her life...to get a divorce...leaving her calling out ...wait wait..I can explain!!! and regretfully remembering that fabulous weekend together that will never again be repeated.

But that's me...

'nuff said.

Andy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Something Original?

It was so obvious that Mark was innocent that I almost didn't finish reading. Then I decided that Jane and Andy were in cahoots to seduce vulnerable wives and decided to see what would happen to them.

Maybe that plot twist has been used before but it sure caught me flat footed.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I have to wonder...

In these revenge-for-cheating stories, why the injured party doesn't confront and confirm the cheating first. If you learn the details, reasons, etc., you can better decide on a course of action. I thought that, except for the final revelation about Wally, that this was a little too predictable. Not that that kept me from reading every word...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Another Good One

It was clear from the start what was going to happen, but I did not expect the twist at the end. For some reason I did not like the story as much as some of your others, but I still think it is very good. Please keep the stories comming.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 19 years ago
A CARTOON FOR A WIFE

This wife was almost a cartoon. It made for a very easy horrible terrible no good very bad wife, which every one could easily hate (and rightly so).In addition, wife is clearly not too sharp... All her rage for a box of matches? And it never occurred to her that this particular co-worker has never met her husband? Not too many unnecessary thoughts or deliberations for this lady. Once she chose her course of action it is like watching a rhino rushing at you … Warnings from husband or not - she never stops.

I am a sucker for thriller type stories as a sub genre in the Loving wives section. But when the initial grounds for suspicion are so flimsy, and the main character’s behavior and thinking are so unremarkable than not much thrill is left to the thriller!

Thank you for your skilled work, and the smooth and flawless narrative.

-KOLKORE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Plot device was seriously flawed

She's so angry she's going to shove it in his face. That's how upset she is at the thought of cheating. But she had an ongoing affair, not once. In all that anger and searching and suspicion, how could she forget she did it too? She pre-got even. Her behavior makes no sense in light of that knowledge.

romaq7705romaq7705almost 19 years ago
great story

great story! i hope you don't do a sequel where you reconcile them.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
God story

I rather wondered why she was so quick to condemn the husband on an out of place sighting. I guess it's true then, a cheater thinks everyone is cheating, as we learn about her earlier cheating.

Until then, I thought they might be able to get past this recent round of cheating but she clinched her fate with the last disclosure by the secretary.

Seems kinda dumb to introduce a lover as your husbnd at WORK. Sooner or later these people will all get together at a party or something. And everyone will then know what you've been doing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great tale... can't wait for your next story!!!!

Loved the story especially the twist at the end...

I agree that it does seem a bit stupid to introduce someone else as your husband. The chances of getting caught either at a work function or even at a resturant with your actual husband might become messy. Also what aout that picture on her desk? I bet Jane knew what was going on all along....

Please continue writting these terrific stories. Your "its my turn" tale is still one of my favorites..

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well, she started it ...

and he finished it.

A nice read - well conceived. Loved the "gotcha" at the end.

Hey, do something new - I love your writing!

Regards, DJ

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Wow...

That's what I call imaginative! The ending makes everything else in the story appear as window dressing.

Good....fuck it....GREAT story! :)

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I Love A Happy Ending

Finaly wrote one with No WIMPS!

Orion623Orion623over 17 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Well worth the time it took to read it. The wife is a caricature of the cheater who easily suspects her spouse of cheating. Her evidence consists of a matchbook, some fish that weren't caught, and an erroneous sighting by a woman who never met her husband. The whole story is a bit tongue in cheek with a clever twist at the end.

Thanks for writing. I hope there are more on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Too Short!

This was turning into a great story of husbandly revenge, but you ended it too soon! This bitch had had an earlier affair? She REALLY NEEDED A POUNDING!!! And it woulda been GREAT to have seen it!!! Next time "finish it up the right way!!".

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Definitely tangled

Pretty good read but the wife's character simply isn't believable. I'm surprised during the course of the tale that she didn't purchase some beachfront property right outside of Las Vegas. The author's style makes for an enjoyable read and the plot twist at the end was fun. Thanks you, Aussie Bard.

katibkatibover 16 years ago
Two Successes

Really enjoyed this. Both the story and the writing combine to make this one of the best in L.

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
It all comes clear in the End

She was so sure because she had all ready done it!

Well written and deliciously tangled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good story, believable character

After all her rambling about getting revenge, she "forgot" about her previous affair. What a hypocrite! Typical person...

DSLAYERDSLAYERover 15 years ago
LOVED IT!!!

This is so normal of a cheating slut! It's ok for her but if the man is even thought to stray it's unforgiveable! Good to see her get what she had comming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
stupid woman

stupid and even w a slip of the tounge. she was so comfortable with her prior affair, and how many more?

of course, she loves him (cliche).

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
brilliant

Just as the title suggests. How about a follow up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well now . . .

Though I liked the story overall, your first few paragraphs altered my opinion. You are not male, that's for sure. Any editing and proofreading dealt with finding a false male perspective, not female. Get a life PUTA!

Or is it you're a METROSEXUAL ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GREAT STORY

Absolutely loved that, did NOT see that ending coming. GREAT writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
the need to remember

she had her thoughts, and forgot a small detail from her past that caught up with her. nice placement and execution

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Needs much more work

You cannot introduce a completely new element (previous affair) in the last 3 paragraphs of a story. There are rules to writing a story. anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Don't botherr writing if you don't bother editing

Was sort of enjoying this dumb little story with its misspellings and grammatical flaws. Willy B must really be a patient sort. And then you did the unforgivable. Just as wifey and Andy get to the motel you broadcast ahead in the story. Do not do this, and other authors take note. Why not just put the last three paragraphs of the story up front. Maybe British schools teach this way of writing, but it's maddening to the reader. Here's what you wrote: "This night was turning into a nightmare ....., unless he surprised me in bed. That he did." Those last three words spoil the next part of the story. It's a bad habit to do that and it can be broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Poetic

Great ending!!! For an intelligent woman who has a professional career it amazes me that she wouldn't have taken the picture on her desk, ahowed it to her secretary and insisted that she verify the picture as the man she saw at the hotel. Having hidden an affair, I would think she would not have acted as impulsively as a teenager. Anyhow, as much as I hate to see couples who are supposedly going along happy, suddenly get stupid and fuck up...I did like the payback...ending!!!

grogers7grogers7over 14 years ago
LOL here

The very end is excellent slapstick humor. Makes the entire story succeed as a dark comedy; the other comedic bits fall into place like the suspended timblers on a combination safe when the last number is dialed. Absolute comedic art!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
When first, we practice to deceive.

It was indeed a tangled web and old wifey got just what she deserved. Thanks for your story.

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 13 years ago
cheating bitch!

I hope she had a short miserable life.

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 13 years ago
cheating bitch!

I hope she has a short miserable life.

teh568teh568over 13 years ago
Interesting Story

But I disagree with 'Hawkeye007'. Instead of having a short life, it would be better (revenge-wise) to have a long one...Very long. In the long run it will hurt more.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Well she was hoisted on her own petard......

A good object leason and warning: Always check the facts and then verify before acting......

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Great story

This was a enjoyable story about a bitchy wife getting tripped up by her own games. What a great twisted ending.

The only issue I have is that it makes no sense for her to get so worked up when she has already cheated. I could understand her being smug because she already had an affair but not her rage and determination to "get even". She was already ahead, maybe she had other affairs as well. The hubby is just getting caught up. Her rage is obviously needed to drive the story but seems out of place. Maybe some more development could have been to show her getting angry for unjustified reasons in other circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

That was so sweet and a damned great story. Well writen, I enjoyed it very much. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well, a good tale.

Thought for sure he was going to assume the role of a wimp cuckold.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Unrealistic and too harshI

I voted 2**

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
AB i normally dont like your stories

but this one was good, i love the ending.

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyabout 12 years ago
LOL

I loved the ending. That was GREAT. You know your husband Wally. LOL ROFLOL

5 Star just for the fun twist

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WEBS ARE MADE TO CATCH

only not the spinner, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
HA HA

Two Ha's first.

Let's get this straight. Dianne thought her husband fucked around so she looked for evidence to accuse him. Not finding any she arranged for a revenge fuck with a co-worker and was caught. She was still convinced he cheated until it was shown she cheated two years before. Divorce here we come. Is that it in a nutshell? OK then.

One problem:

"Tubby Italian mama?

Fuck you Aussie Bard

JERKOFF

Northern_WriterNorthern_Writerabout 12 years ago
Not Bad

It felt a bit contrived all the way through, but you redeemed yourself with the nice twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Inane and incompetent.

But then it is not a surprise given the lack of education in Aussieland. Well deserved "1 star" !!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read****

I love the ending very entertaining and different.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
excellent twist.

Excellent twist but there should be more. The husband has many questions to ask and the wife has a lot to answer too.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
i remember this

what an excellent story and well told too.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
Here I was feeling a little sorry for her.

Serves the bitch right and her so indignant when she thought her husband had cheated on her. It was a good twist but I think this is not a fair practice by the author to lead us astray that way, make us feel sympathy for her and excuse her slip. But it was a good story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

What an amazing story. Vey clever.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
OMG

that was one really dumb cunt.

karan9876karan9876almost 11 years ago
Excellent tale

Loved it. Wish there was a part two in which the story goes further.

OldpartOldpartalmost 11 years ago
Nice suprise

at the end. Good story and well worth a 5.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 11 years ago
Cute and entertaining

worth a 5!

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
Sweet Ending

Excellent story, great surprise at the end!

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
That Was Good

Diane, you ignorant slut. What a stupid woman. Very good story. 5* for the great plot twist at the end.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well he's going to get rid of her

But she's going to get half of everything, including the house. And remember, he can't kick her out of the house. Even a bad attorney gets her back into the house. She should have, would have , never left and there's not a damn thing, legally, he could do about it.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 NOW WE ALL KNOW ITS TRUE

its hard to keep your lies together or in a row, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#3 SOMETIMES THE SITUATION IS THE SAME

but some of the players are different, TK U MLJ LV NV

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 10 years ago
I Cant Believe It

SHE WAS CHEATING BEFORE THIS WHOLE ORDEAL EVEN STARTED??!!!

and she had the gall to act like the victim??? Seriously WTF is wrong with her?!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
awesome story 5 stars

Great story.. the victim yeah right.. loved the ending... keep writing

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
BBH

The Bitch Burned Herself in this one. Great twist at the end! LOL

5 HUGE Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved the ending

Nice twist

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I

thought this author was a RAAC writer - at least that's what I have seen in prior stories. This one earned 5 stars. But for her prior affair, this would likely been RAAC. On to AB's only story I have not read. Let's see if I'm surprised by that ending.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Stupid....

A cheating wife that become angry because someone saw her husband...So stupid of her...

coochiebarbercoochiebarberover 9 years ago

She cheated on her husband before he did any thing and she wanted a revenge over him cheating on her? wtf .. They say it right. "Try as you might, men you can never understand women." Pretty nice little story. Had me laugh at the end.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
IF YOU ARE GOING TO SCREW UP AND SEAL YOUR MARRIAGE

I would suggest not using SillyGlue. TK U MLJ LV NV

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Funny. The last story

You write on here is the only one where you let the man have the final word on his cheating wife. And I really suspect that's only because you didn't write a second part. Good writer, poor story teller. Too bad, lot of talent here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice twist

Enjoyed it. Thanks

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
That Sealed It

I have always been amazed at how readily cheaters think that their spouses will cheat on them. I have seen this bear out in life.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

loved it, and still a favorite. Awesome twist.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous