Taste of Temptation Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chloe nodded thoughtfully as she ate. Then she turned and looked up at her and asked, "Are you married, Thea?"

When Thea shook her head and said, "No, I'm not."

Chloe smiled and said, "Well if you marry my daddy, you really could be my mom. But I think I'll have to ask daddy about that, too."

Heaving a sigh, Thea put the container of carrot sticks between them and started to wonder if Max would ever consider marrying again, especially after the disaster of his first marriage. And if he ever did, hopefully one day, Chloe would have the family she'd always wanted.

Once they cleared up their picnic, Chloe was hopping up and down, eager to join in the fun with the other kids as Thea patiently took the time to put sunscreen over every inch of her that was exposed, finally placing a sunhat on her head she finally let her go off to play.

And after coating her own fair skin in sunscreen, seeing Chloe was busy playing with another girl in the sand, Thea decided to be friendly and join the other mothers sitting on the benches. But she was a little surprised to see that everyone stopped talking the moment she approached, eyeing her suspiciously. Still, she smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Thea, Chloe's new nanny."

Every one of them carefully looked her over in her little yellow body- hugging sun dress, that made her legs look like they went on forever, and with her long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, she looked pretty sexy, especially for a nanny. Each of them nodded their heads thoughtfully as they stared at her, and finally a petite little brunette asked, "So are you living with them, Thea?"

When Thea nodded and said, "Yes," they all began to grin at each other coyly, like she'd said something funny.

Then a heavily pregnant blonde mother leaned over and said, "So tell us – what's it like living under the same roof with a guy as hot as Max?"

Giving her a shrug, ignoring the hot comment, she said, "Well, so far he's been great to work for, and Chloe's such an easy child that it's actually a joy to take care of her."

A tall red-head on the end grinned and said, "I'll bet. All I know is I wouldn't mind spending some time with him alone after she's gone to bed. But don't you find it distracting, having to live around the clock with a guy like Mr. Hard Body? I know I would. I'd have to keep checking to make sure my tongue wasn't dragging on the floor if I were living with him. God, he has to be the hottest dad ever – like five alarm kind of hot." All the other women chuckled, nodding in agreement.

Not really sure how to answer, Thea was actually relieved when some of the children started arguing over a toy, turning the mom's attention away from her and onto their kids, glad to see them jumping up to break up the squabble.

Still, smiling to herself, she thoughtfully nodded her head. So it seemed that Max was some kind of celebrity dad in the neighborhood that pretty much had every mother drooling after him. But she could hardly blame them, seeing as she could barely resist him herself.

Walking home later with a tired Chloe dragging her feet, Thea decided to pick her up and carry her for last few steps, grinning as she decided that would be her new nick name for him, at least in her head. And it suited him, too, since she'd had the pleasure of getting up close and personal with that rock Hard Body herself.

Before she even had a chance to put her key in the lock, Max pulled open the apartment door, so Thea put away her key letting Max take his daughter out of her arms. Then planting a smacking kiss on Chloe's cheek, he asked her, "So did you have fun at the park?"

Chloe nodded, tiredly rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, but Johnny started fighting with Andrew, 'cause he took his firetruck, so that part wasn't much fun. So if you and Thea get married and have a baby, I think want a sister, 'cause boys fight too much."

Max blinked and looked at Thea, who just gave him an awkward shrug.

And once she had Chloe tucked in bed for her afternoon nap with her favorite soft toy bunny Mr. Wiggles wrapped tightly in her arms, Max was waiting for her in the kitchen, asking her almost as soon as she walked in, "So, what was that all about?"

Going into the fridge for a bottle of cold water, Thea turned and told him, "Well, not only does Chloe want a mom, but it seems she'd like some siblings, too. I think going to the park she sees that the other children have their mothers, brothers and sisters to play with, which she doesn't have. She even asked me where babies came from, she's just so eager to have a playmate of her own."

Max chuckled. "And what did you tell her?"

She gave him a grin, and playfully batted her eyelashes. "I told her to ask her dad."

"Gee thanks," he said shaking his head, still chuckling as he headed down the hall to his office.

Sitting behind his desk, he started to think. Jeez, at three and half he'd never imagined having to have the talk with his little daughter. But then again, she was such an inquisitive precocious child, forever asking questions that sometimes even he didn't have the answers for. So, maybe Thea could gently give her the basics, seeing as she was a woman, she'd probably know how to handle it better than he would.

Lying awake in bed that night, Max decided that maybe one day he would get married again, providing of course he ever met the right woman. And though he'd never dreamed of having any more kids, at least on his own, he loved his daughter enough that he could imagine having at least one more, might be nice for them.

Then heaving a sigh, his mind went off into a flight of fancy, wondering not for the first time, what it would be like to be married to woman as sweet as Thea. And just the idea of her pregnant with his child, was getting him surprisingly hard. He was starting to think he had it bad for her, whether it was a good idea or not.

But of course it could never happen... Could it?

Thea had just finished grabbing a quick shower, and since she assumed everyone else was in bed, she didn't think twice about going back to her room with nothing but a towel wrapped around her. But then she gasped when she saw that Max was headed back from the kitchen, with a bottle of water in his hand, clad in just a pair of clingy boxers. And dear lord as she raked him in, she had to concede that he did indeed have one helluva a rock hard body.

Swallowing hard, Max stopped and stared wide-eyed at the sight of Thea in just a towel that barely covered her. Wet from the shower, he couldn't believe how sexy she looked, never mind smelled. Leaning in and inhaling her amazing scent, he leaned a hand against the doorframe and said, "Kind of late for a shower isn't it?"

She nodded, trying her damndest not stare at his big broad chest. "I was doing some homework online and lost track of time. And it was just so hot out today that I decided I'd sleep better after a nice cool shower."

He nodded, and without even thinking, picked up a wet curl that was hanging loose on her shoulder and wound it around her finger, giving it a little tug. Smiling into her eyes, he leaned close, brushed his lips across her cheek and whispered, "Well, sleep tight then, Thea."

Biting into her lip, she nodded, trying as hard as she could to tear her eyes off his chest and the ripple of muscles that crossed his abs, and wow, the pronounced v she could see that led even lower, straight into his boxers. "You, too," she whispered, hoping he didn't notice how choppy her breaths were.

Then out of nowhere, Max leaned in and pulled her into his arms, pressing a kiss into her damp hair, telling her, "And thanks for taking such good care of Chloe. I don't know what I do without you."

Then he pulled back and let go of her, already cursing himself. God, he had to remember to stop touching her, especially since now all he wanted was more. His mouth literally watering for her, he could almost taste the water droplets clinging to her breasts, just begging for him to lick them off. Finally he gave her a quick nod goodnight and headed to his room, hopefully before she noticed how hard he'd gotten just from that hug, never mind breathing in the intoxicating scent of her fresh from the shower.

But once he got in bed, it occurred to him if Chloe really wanted Thea in her life, then maybe she could help convince her grandmother that she was just what she needed. And then he'd actually be able to see her out in the open, and maybe even plan something more with her – like a future.

He began to smile. And it could be that Chloe would get the mom and kid brother or sister she'd always wanted.

Max took a long while to fall asleep, his mind filled with torturous thoughts of his lovely nanny, and what it would be like with her, not just in his bed, though he knew she'd probably be the best he'd ever had. But really having her in his life, he already knew would be like heaven on earth, especially after what he'd gone through in his first marriage. God, Thea was just so sweet, especially when compared to Chloe's mother Tabitha who'd always been self-centered with a mean streak like her mother.

The sun had barely risen in the sky by the time he'd finally managed to doze off, when he felt a little finger pulling open his eyelid. Blinking himself awake, focusing on his daughter staring into his one open eye, he smiled, as she asked, "Daddy, are you awake in there?"

"I am now," he told her, chuckling, as he wrapped his arms around her, tugging her onto his chest so he could tickle her and make her squeal. The sound of his daughter's laugh was like music to his ears, and all he ever wanted was for her to be happy.

Finally she pushed on his chest and said, "No more tickling, Daddy. It's story time at the library today, remember? And you always take me."

He looked at her, a little confused. "But Thea can take you today, so you don't need me to come, too."

Chloe shook her head. "No. Today I want you both to come."

Max slowly nodded, wondering what was going on in her little head. Then with a pat to her backside, he told her, "Okay, then, we'd better get up and have some breakfast."

Chloe smiled, and told him, "Thea's making us porridge. And she said it's really good and we'll like it."

Trying not to pull a face, he'd have to take her word for it, since even as a kid, he was never a big fan of digging into a big bowl of gooey cooked oats. But the minute he walked into the kitchen, to the delectable scent of warm apples and cinnamon filling the air, and of course seeing gorgeous Thea smiling at them from the stove, he began to believe her.

Surprising himself Max actually enjoyed two big bowlfuls, it was just that good. And Chloe happily gobbled hers up, smacking her lips when she was done. "Wow, that was really good," he told Thea with Chloe nodding in agreement.

Thea smiled. "Christmas porridge has always been my favorite, from the time I was kid."

"But it's not Christmas. It's summertime." Chloe told her, looking confused.

Playfully ruffling her pale blonde curls, Thea smiled into her eyes and told her, "Well, maybe just today we can pretend. How would you like that?"

Chloe nodded, and looking off into space, said to no one in particular, "Well then I'm gonna ask Santa for a baby sister." And both Max and Thea laughed.

Since Thea had been teaching Chloe responsibility and getting her to pitch in, Max thought it only fair that he load the dishwasher while Thea was busy scrubbing the pot clean at the sink. And without even thinking, once he was done, he touched a hand to her lower back and brushed a kiss to her cheek, and said into her ear, "That was really good, thanks, Thea."

Grinning, Thea cocked an eyebrow, surprised that he'd dared to kiss her cheek, even that lightly in front of his daughter. And when they turned and looked at Chloe, she was happily grinning from ear to ear, apparently delighted to see them being affectionate with each other.

So Max picked up Chloe and let her plant a kiss on Thea's cheek, too, just so she'd think that he was only thanking her for breakfast and nothing else. Because now that they'd finally kissed, it was all he wanted to do – at least for now.

Later, as the three of them strolled together along the sidewalk, hand in hand with Chloe between them, Thea was glad to see that the library was close by, too, so they could walk over whenever they liked. And the moment they made their way up the big wide staircase and got inside, the staff took one look at Max with Thea, and stared at them curiously. A few with their mouths even hanging open to see him with such a beautiful woman, when he normally came alone with just Chloe. But Max just nodded and said hello as they passed a few of the librarians he recognized from their weekly visits, following behind Chloe to the children's section.

And just before they stepped inside, Chloe took Max and Thea's hands and joined them together. Then turning around and pointing back at them, she proudly announced to the group of children assembled on the floor for story time, "Look guys, I've got a mommy now, too."

Thea and Max both blinked and let go of each other's hands. "Chloe," Max said sternly, about to correct her, when Thea shook her head at him, discouraging him from saying anything.

Leaning close, she whispered into his ear. "Talk to her later, but please don't embarrass her in front of the other children, or she might never live it down."

Max just stared at his little girl, surprised that she was missing having a mother as badly as she was, if she was willing to orchestrate a stunt like this. He'd really had no idea she was so desperate to have a mother of her own.

After the librarian had read them a few books, using amusing voices for the different characters making the children laugh, they went and picked out a few new books for Chloe to borrow.

And after they were done at the libraray, Max decided they'd stop for a bite of lunch in a little bistro on the corner. And once they were seated, and had ordered their meal, he looked at his daughter said, "You know we've talked about trying to be honest and not telling lies?" When she nodded, he said, "Then why would you tell everyone that Thea's your new mother, when you know she's your nanny?"

Looking up at him sadly, with her bottom lip beginning to tremble, she told him, "'Cause I really want her to be?"

All Max could do was slowly nod his head as he watched Thea pull her into her lap to comfort her, already convinced that Chloe couldn't find a better mother than her.

On their way back to the apartment, Max took out his phone when he heard the ping of a text. His brother Sam and his wife Lori had planned to pick Chloe up on Friday night to take her to the zoo bright and early on Saturday morning. And now they were asking if they could keep her overnight, since they also wanted to take her to a see a new kid's movie on Sunday.

Chuckling, he showed Thea the text. "You'll soon discover that Chloe's always in demand. If it's not my mother-in-law Alice, it my brother and his wife, they just can't get enough of her. And I even have to fight to get her back sometimes, they just enjoy her so much."

Thea could understand why, amazingly mature for her years, she was such a delight to be with it was really no chore taking care of her. But then anxiously biting into her lip, it occurred to her that by the weekend they'd be left on their own again, with Chloe away with her aunt and uncle.

Once they got back to the apartment when nap time rolled around, Thea had Chloe, with Mr. Wiggles tucked tightly in her arms, crawl into her lap on the rocking chair in her room to read her a story, hoping to get her tired enough to fall asleep. And she chose a book she'd picked out at the library about children with only one parent – like Chloe. And once she'd read all about how devoted a single parent could be, and how much fun it could be to get all their parent's attention, once she was done, Chloe nodded thoughtfully for moment. Then she looked up at her and told her, "I do love my daddy, but I still want a mommy, too." Her bottom lip quivering, she told her, "And everybody has one but me."

"Maybe one day, sweetie" Thea told her, kissing the top of her head and hugging her tight. But already she was dreading the thought of Max eventually finding some other woman to marry, hoping she'd be long gone before that happened, so she wouldn't have to see them together.

For the rest of the week Max worked more from his office downtown and the three of them would catch up at the end of the day over dinner, Chloe regaling him with stories about whatever they'd been up to during the day.

"And today we did a painting, Daddy," Chloe told him, pointing at the fridge, where her art work was hanging. And no surprise, it was a picture of a mom and dad and a little girl holding a little baby.

Max looked over Chloe's head at Thea who just smiled. He couldn't believe how desperate his daughter was to have a family. Though she'd asked him for a kitten once, it was soon forgot when they'd gone to the park to play around and have some fun, but this thing about wanting a family of her own seemed like it was all she could think of lately.

"That's a really nice painting," he told her, deciding not to dwell on the happy family she clearly wanted.

Chloe nodded. "Oh, and we put on some music and danced, today, too. You should dance with us after, Daddy, it's so much fun."

Max laughed and ruffled her hair. "Looks like you two are having lots of fun together, huh?"

Chloe smiled up at him. "We are." Then she looked at Thea and said, "And Thea's the best mom ever." And both Max and Thea just rolled their eyes, letting the matter drop once again.

Next morning Max was still in the shower getting ready to meet a client for a job he had north of the city, when Thea heard a knock at the apartment door. And when she answered, she found herself staring at a tall, blond handsome stranger who instantly flashed a killer smile, looking her over like he wanted to eat her breakfast. "Hey," he said smoothly, extending his hand. "I'm Jeremy, and I work with Max. And I'm guessing you're the new nanny he's been raving about."

Thea smiled at him as she shook his hand. "Hi Jeremy, I'm Thea. Won't you come in?"

Awkwardly standing together for a moment, waiting to hear if Max was ready to come out of his bedroom, she could actually feel the heat of Jeremy's gaze raking her over, like he was peeling off her clothes with his eyes. And although he was a good looking well-built man, she decided pretty quickly that he didn't do a thing for her. Especially since whenever Max looked her over she could actually feel herself tingling from head to toe.

Finally leading the way into the kitchen, she asked over her shoulder, "Can I get you a coffee, Jeremy?"

"Sure." But his gaze was riveted to the sway of her tight little ass as he said it.

They'd been happily chatting for a few minutes when Max walked in to join them, giving Thea a warm smile, he said, "So I guess you two have met."

Jeremy said, "Yeah, we've met," flashing a flirty smile and a wink at Thea.

Seeing the way Jeremy was checking her out, Max decided not to have the coffee he was about to pour for himself, opting instead to get Jeremy the hell out of his apartment. No way in hell did he want him messing with Thea, especially with his hit and run reputation with women.

Once they got outside and were hopping into Jeremy's truck together, shaking his head Jeremy laughed and said, "I never imagined you'd be such a sly bastard. And here I thought you'd found some grandmotherly type to take care of Chloe. Damn, I don't know how you can live with a woman like that under your roof, and not want to get with her."