Taste of Temptation Ch. 02

Story Info
Max can't resist Thea, no matter how hard he tries.
14.6k words
4.86
22k
51

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Next morning when Max walked into the kitchen, Thea was at the stove making them breakfast, looking hot as ever in a thigh high white denim mini skirt and a little pale pink T-shirt. And with her pale blonde hair up in a messy bun, with soft little tendrils of hair curling around her face, he had to fight back a groan, she just looked so damn sexy, all he wanted to do was touch her. But fighting back the urge, he just nodded and said, "Morning." As he went to pour them both a coffee, he wasn't too sure what to say – especially after that kiss they'd shared the night before.

Anxiously biting into her lip watching him going into the fridge to get some cream Thea waited till he turned around and told him, "Max, I think I owe you an apology. I'm sorry. I know I never should have kissed you. You've probably noticed that I can be kind of impulsive, and I was just happy that we'd shared such a nice evening together. And I guess I'll have to remember that I shouldn't be touching you." No matter how desperately she wanted to. She squeezed her thighs together tight, trying not to moan, as she looked him over in his body-hugging T-shirt and jeans, thinking of how much she really wanted to.

Max studied her for a moment, blowing out an exasperated breath. She was just so pretty and so damn sweet, that he really wished things were different, and he'd met her at another place and time. Then he could be pulling her into his arms and really getting a taste of her lips – and exploring that dynamite body. Finally he shook his head and tried to reassure her, telling her, "It's okay, Thea. No harm done."

Still looking a little uncomfortable, she nodded and started dishing up their breakfast, telling him brightly, "Well, I made us ham and cheese omelettes, hope you enjoy it."

"Hmm, sounds good," he said, letting the whole kiss issue drop.

They ate in silence, with only the sound of their utensils clicking on the plates, until Max couldn't take it anymore – because dammit, she had nothing to feel guilty about. It was obvious the attraction he was feeling went both ways. Finally he waited till she looked up at him, and he put down his knife and fork and told her, "Thea, I think we should be honest with each other. Obviously I'm attracted to you. But since you're really only here to help with Chloe, I don't think it would be too smart if we got involved, as much as we might like to."

Thea nodded, keeping her focus on her plate and quietly said, "Agreed." Because really she had no choice since he was right. Only here to take care of his girl, she knew she had no business getting swept away with her employer, no matter how insanely attracted she was to him.

"Thing is, my late wife's mother, Alice, who you met yesterday, has already suggested that since I'm on my own now that Chloe might be better off with her, which of course I'd never allow. And the moment she got a look at you, to be honest, she wasn't too happy that I'd hired someone to help out who looks uh... like you do I guess. And she warned me that if Chloe ever saw us doing anything we shouldn't be doing, that she'd step in. And she's just powerful and wealthy enough to make my life a living hell, so I just can't risk getting involved with you, especially if it means endangering what I have with my daughter."

Thea looked into his eyes and said, "Of course not, Max, you have to look out for Chloe and what's best for both of you."

Though he nodded, truth was he'd love to have his cake and eat it, too – especially if it meant having something with his gorgeous new nanny, while still being able to protect his life with his daughter. But he couldn't see a way to make it happen without sneaking around, and keeping it on the down low, which he wasn't prepared to do, since that meant them also having to sneak around behind his daughter's back, which was something he'd never do. And if they ever did have anything together, it was going to be out in the open or not at all. Though right now, it was looking like it could never happen, no matter how much they might want each other.

As soon as they were done eating Max got up and helped clear the table, then told her, "Thanks for breakfast, Thea, it was really good. Guess I should get some work done now before Chloe gets back, got a bunch of emails I haven't checked yet."

Looking anywhere but at him, Thea said, "Sure. And I've uh... got a few things to do around here, too." Like doing her best to avoid him, and keeping out of harm's way.

Max worked alone in his study for hours, checking over contracts and details on new clients his company had landed, all the while wishing like hell he could find a way even just to be friendly with her, without it blowing up in their faces. Then he looked up and smiled, feeling relieved, when he saw her walking in with a cup of coffee and some amazing smelling spice cookies on a tray.

Thea smiled back as she set down the tray on the corner of his desk. "I thought you could use a break, so I brought you some coffee. And I hope you like pepparkakor, my mother's own recipe for Swedish spice cookies."

Heaving a sigh, Max asked her if she'd have a seat. And once she was seated across the desk from him, he told her, "You know, Thea, if this is going to work we can't hide from each other."

Thea nodded. "I know." Finally she got up the nerve and just told him the truth. "But it's just that I've never felt so drawn to anyone before, and as inappropriate as it is, I can't help how I feel."

Part of him was thrilled to hear that she was attracted to him, too, but it didn't help things since it was still never going happen between them, no matter how much they might want it. "And I feel the same way about you," he admitted.

Biting into her lip, she said, "Then maybe I should leave and let you hire someone new. Of course I'd really miss Chloe, since I already adore her. But since I haven't been here very long, she might be okay with someone taking my place, especially if I leave before she gets too attached."

Shaking his head, he said, "No," without even having to think. Her leaving wasn't even an option. Now that he knew her the way he did, he couldn't imagine her walking out of their lives. And she was just so good with his daughter that he'd hate to lose her, sure that women as sweet as she was didn't exactly grow on trees. Besides, Chloe might never forgive him, if he were ever to let her go – especially since she'd already told Thea that she loved her. And having already lost her mother, he just couldn't do it to her again.

With the forceful way he'd said the word – 'No,' Thea just couldn't stop staring at his mouth. His lips were just so perfect, and she knew if she ever really were to kiss him she'd probably be swept away by how good it would feel to have those lips on hers, and really have a taste of him. Finally, realizing he was waiting, she looked up into his eyes and told him, "But, like you just said, since we can never act on our desires, rather than tempting fate, maybe it would be better if I left."

Max stubbornly shook his head. Crazy as it seemed, though he might not be able to have her, he also couldn't see her walking out of their lives. No way in hell was he going to let her leave them now.

Startled, they both turned and looked out the door when they heard the high pitched squeal of the smoke detector going off in the kitchen. Thea instantly shot to her feet, muttering, "Oh, damn, I forgot I put another batch of cookies in the oven, and I should have put on the timer."

Max was right behind her as she raced to the kitchen. And she was in such a rush to pull the tray of burnt cookies from the oven that she burned her thumb and shrieked in pain and as she tossed the cookie sheet into the sink with a clatter. Max quickly took hold of her wrist and checked over her thumb. Then without even thinking he drew it into his mouth and sucked on it to try and relieve the pain.

Instantly, Thea felt her insides go all tingly as Max enveloped her thumb in his mouth, rolling his tongue around it, getting the rest of her just as hot. The pain quickly forgotten, she watched amazed as he let go of her thumb and with his gaze locked on hers, as though in some kind of a trance, he pulled her into his arms, dropped his head and kissed her long and slow, both of them mindlessly moaning into the kiss as he tugged her tightly against him, wrapping her in his arms.

Her leg slowly winding up around his thigh, she whimpered as he clutched her ass in his hands and let her have a feel of what she was doing to him. At least she was right about his kiss, wow. She felt like she was being transported to another place and time where they could feast on each other forever. Damn, but the man could kiss.

Thea could feel her panties were already soaked. And it would be so easy to just to push them aside and let him slip inside her, giving them both the relief they craved.

Unable to pull away, tipping his head, to better savor her mouth, Max couldn't believe that she tasted even sweeter than he'd imagined. It was like sinking his tongue into heaven. And the feel of her body pressed tight against his just felt so damn good, that he never wanted to let go. Kneading her ass in his hands, he knew he'd never gotten this hard, just from a kiss in his life.

Eventually, Thea was the first one to come to her senses, finally letting her leg drop and pulling back, she whispered breathlessly against his lips, "Max, we shouldn't be doing this."

Damn, he hated that she was right almost as much as he hated pulling away from her. All he needed was a little more of her, and he'd be happy, delirious even, because damn she was sweet – sweeter than honey.

Their chests heaving hard, Max couldn't even find words for what had just happened between them. But eventually he just nodded and finally muttered, "We should take care of your thumb."

Taking her by her other hand, he led her down the hallway and through his bedroom, and into his ensuite bathroom. And once he'd lifted her onto the vanity top, he got out some antiseptic and started to dab at her burnt skin.

Watching him, Thea smiled at the sight of his dark head bent over her hand so intently. And after he had her carefully bandaged, he lifted his head and gazed into her eyes. Brushing back a few strands of lose hair, tucking them behind her ear, he chuckled and told her, "We're quite a pair, aren't we? Just can't keep our hands off each other, no matter how much we know we shouldn't."

Truth was, why would she even want to when he was just so amazingly kind and yet so unbelievably hot, that all she could think of was pulling him back into her arms and kissing his gorgeous face off. But all she did was bite into her lip and nod in agreement because of course he was right – they really had no business even touching each other, never mind what they'd just done.

Running his index finger along her jaw, his voice low and gravelly, still filled with arousal, he told her, "You know I really wish I'd met you somewhere else, then no one would care if we were together now."

Thea tried not to shiver at his touch, but with gaze locked on hers, and with what he was saying, it was hard not to. Then he gently slipped his hands around her waist and lifted her off the counter and back onto her feet, of course letting her slide down his body, just to have one last feel of her again. Finally, letting out a shuddering breath, he stepped back. But there was no ignoring the electrical charge in the air between them and she could see his chest still heaving and could feel her own heart almost beating out of control, they'd gotten each other so aroused.

"Thank you for taking care of me," she finally managed, breaking the spell. Then she slipped past him out of the bathroom and went to her room and closed the door, relieved to be putting some distance between them before anything else happened.

Throwing herself onto the bed staring up at the ceiling, Thea refused to give into tears, no matter how hopeless she felt. Never in her life had she ever felt so overwhelmed by a man. And she knew if she stayed she could be endangering what he had with his daughter. So as she much as she hated to, she knew she really had no choice but to leave. For now, though, she'd care for Chloe until he could find someone to replace her, and she'd also have to do her best to keep out of his way, and try and resist the temptation that both of them clearly felt.

Leaving her to rest in her room, Max went and cleaned up the kitchen, tossing the burnt cookies in the garbage, he began to scrub at the tray. Shaking his head, leaning his hands on the counter, he could barely believe what was happening between them. God, he was just so attracted to her, that he knew it would happen again, and next time it might not stop with a kiss. So he imagined all he could do for now was try his damndest to avoid her, which he knew wouldn't be easy.

Before his mother-in-law Alice showed up with Chloe, Thea made the three of them a light meal of chef salad and smoked salmon sandwiches. And after she'd put Max and Chloe's dinner in the fridge, she went to her room to have hers. Eventually she knew she'd have to sit with him at the table again, but it just felt too soon after what had happened, when they'd come so close to losing themselves in each other.

But once she was done eating, a little knock at the door had her smiling when Chloe popped her head in, looking concerned and telling her, "My daddy said you hurt your hand. Are you okay, Thea?"

Thea nodded and said, "I'm fine now, sweetie, come in," patting the bed beside her. Delighted to see the little angel again, she was actually surprised at how much she'd missed her, though she hadn't been gone all that long.

The moment she was tucked in close beside her, Chloe instantly bent her head over her hand and took a long serious look at her bandaged thumb, asking her, "Did you cry when you hurt it, Thea?"

Thea smiled and shook her head, and said "No, sweetie, I didn't cry. And since your father took care of it for me, it feels much better now."

Chloe nodded. "Well, I know I cried when I scratched my knee open on the sidewalk. And Daddy put a Band-Aid on it, too. Then we had some ice cream with sprinkles on top to help make it feel better. So maybe you should have some ice-cream now, too."

Delighted by how unbelievably sweet she was, Thea pulled her to her side and pressed a kiss to the top of her head, smiling against her hair, she hated the thought of ever having to leave her. "Maybe later," she told her. Then pulling back she asked her, "So, did you have a good time at your grandmother's?"

Chloe nodded, wrinkling her little nose. "I did. And she's nice–" Then she leaned close, cupped her hand around her mouth and whispered, "But I still like you better."

Laughing, Thea hugged her even tighter. Swallowing hard past the lump in her throat, she knew she was going to miss her something awful when she had to leave, they'd already grown so attached. And of course she'd miss her father, too, just as badly. Then she asked, "Did you have any supper tonight?"

Chloe shook her head, patting her tummy. "No. We went for brunch at the Four Seasons, and I had lots of food. So I'm not really too hungry now. I like going there, it's kind of fun. And I can have a pink drink with bubbles, but I have to really behave and act like a big girl or my grandma makes her angry face at me." Then she made Thea laugh when she scrunched up her little face into a comical scowl, even shaking her head to demonstrate how her grandmother looked when she was annoyed.

Thea nodded, imaging her doing her best to please her grandmother. "Then I bet you were good as could be."

Chloe smiled up into her eyes, looking pleased with herself, as she told her, "Grandma said I was." Then she tipped her head and asked, "Do you like going to the park, Thea?"

"Oh, of course, I love going to the park. And maybe tomorrow, if the weather's nice we can pack a lunch and have a picnic. How would you like that?"

Chloe clapped her hands together and said, "Oh, goody. And I can help, too, right?"

"Of course, you can. Actually, I've really missed having you here to help me."

"I missed you, too," she Chloe, laying her head against her breast and wrapping her little arm around her waist, cuddling in even closer.

Thea gently ran her fingers through her curls, smiling down at her. She was just so precious and such an easy, loving child, it was just too bad she couldn't find a way to stay on and care for her.

Another knock on the door had Max poking his head into the room. Seeing his daughter wrapped tightly around Thea, he asked, "Everything okay?"

Affectionately smiling down at Chloe, Thea said softly, "It is now."

Then Chloe looked over at her father, her expression hopeful, she asked, "Daddy, can Thea be my mommy?"

Shocked, both Max and Thea looked at the girl, neither of them knowing how to answer a question like that. But finally, Thea said, "Well, I can be your very good friend, Chloe, how would you like that?"

Chloe nodded, but still looked pleadingly at her father as though he had the power to grant her wish. Then she pouted looking down at her hands and told them, "But all the other kids have moms except for me."

Max shot Thea a puzzled look, surprised to hear that his daughter was missing having a mother of her own, especially since she'd never mentioned it before.

So it seemed she really did need a mother figure in her life and maybe just having a dad wasn't enough for her.

Since the next day was bright, sunny and warm, after having breakfast together, since Max only had coffee and then left to head into his office, Thea and Chloe worked side by side to put together a hamper for their picnic in the park.

And after they'd walked up the street and approached the grassy play area, not far from the apartment, Thea noticed a group of mothers sitting and chatting while their children played nearby.

Then Chloe got her attention when she tugged on her hand and asked, her, "Thea, what's the hots?"

Thea frowned, looking confused. "Um, I'm not sure. Where did you hear that?"

Chloe pointed at a boy happily laughing and flying through the air on one of the swings and told her, "That's Andrew. And he told me that his mom has the hots for my dad, but I don't know what that means."

Thea smiled, convinced that probably most of the mothers felt the same way about a single father who looked as good as Max did. "I think it just means that she likes him, sweetie."

Chloe nodded thoughtfully, before she asked her, "And where do babies come from?"

Her eyes flying wide, not too sure what her father would want her to tell her about a topic as touchy as that, Thea decided a little diversionary tactic was in order. So, she quickly said, "Well I think we'll ask your daddy about that later, but for now, where shall we eat, in the shade or in the sun? And don't forget, we brought shovels to play in the sand, later too."

"Oh, goody, I love playing in the sand." Chloe wiped her hand across her brow. "But I think I want to eat in the shade, the sun is just too hot today and we might even melt."

Thea nodded, relieved to have dodged that bullet. "Good idea."

Once they'd spread out the blanket they'd brought, and started to eat the tuna sandwiches they'd made together, Chloe toying with the edge of the blanket, told her, "I'd really like to have a brother or sister to play with. That's why I have to find out where babies come from, so I can get one of my own."

"Oh, I see," Thea said smiling down at her. And looking around she noticed the other children seemed to be playing with their siblings, which might make Chloe feel like she was alone.