Taste of Temptation Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since Max wasn't about to tell him that all he ever thought of when they were together was 'getting with her," he just shrugged and said, "Actually Thea's really good with Chloe, and we're just glad we found her."

Jeremy nodded thoughtfully as he pulled out into traffic. "Well, would you mind if I asked her out, then?"

Yeah, like that was ever going to happen. "Of course I'd mind. You screw around with her and then do something to hurt her and next thing I know she'll be gone. And Chloe will lose the best care giver I'll probably ever find for her. Not a chance, pal."

Jeremy just narrowed his eyes on him shaking his head, grinning like he didn't quite believe him about not being interested in Thea.

Fact was Max couldn't see her with anyone but him, no matter how hopeless their situation was.

As she was dressing to head over to the park with Chloe, Thea couldn't believe she'd almost forgotten her cousin Oscar's twenty-fifth birthday party Friday night, till she got a text from his roommate Cooper. A huge bash with all their friends at a night club in the heart of the city, it would be a party she'd never forget. She quickly texted them both back to promise she'd be there. And now that she knew Chloe would be away with her aunt and uncle, it shouldn't be a problem for her to have a night out.

A few hours later, when the sky opened up and it started to rain, Thea and Chloe put away their half-eaten picnic and laughed all the way back to the apartment, getting soaked together, as they ran through the puddles hand in hand.

Looking like a pair of drowned rats by the time they made it back inside, Thea quickly ushered Chloe into the bathroom and gave her a nice warm bath just to clean her up, deciding she could clean herself up later.

And once she'd tucked her into bed for a nap, she was about to get a shower herself when someone knocked on the door. And when she opened it and found herself staring at the accusing look on Max's mother-in-law Alice's face, she stepped aside and told her, "Oh, I've just given Chloe a bath and put her down for a nap." Then she looked down at herself, still soaked right through her little white flowered sundress and explained to her, "Sorry to be such a mess, but we got caught in the rain when we went for a picnic in the park."

Alice eyed her carefully, totally ignoring what she'd said, and asked, "Where's Max?"

"Oh, he's gone out of town with one of his co-workers. He should be back tonight, though."

Nodding, Alice opened her purse and took out her check book. "Okay, then. What I want to know is how much it would cost to send you on your way?"

Not sure she'd heard her right, her eyes widening, Thea said, "Excuse me?"

Heaving a sigh, Alice said, "Look, I'm sure you're wonderful at what you do. And although Chloe seems to be happy enough with you, I'm afraid you're just not the type of person who should be caring for my granddaughter. Believe me, it's nothing personal. It's just that the girl needs is a mother figure, and I'm afraid that's definitely not you," she said, looking her up and down with a distasteful look on her face, staring at the way her sundress clung to her slender curves like a second skin.

Narrowing her eyes on her, hand on her hip, Thea said, "You actually think you can buy me off? Well, Max hired me, and until he says otherwise, I have every intention of staying and taking care of his daughter."

As though she hadn't said a word, Alice asked, "Would twenty thousand be enough? I've already lined up a very dependable woman to replace you in the morning, so you could leave as soon as she gets here."

Shocked, Thea blinked before her eyes flared open wide, unable to believe what she was hearing. "You'd actually pay twenty thousand dollars just to get rid of me?"

"Actually I'd be happy to pay even more than that if I have to, as long as you pack up your things and leave by tomorrow. So, why don't you give me a figure and I'll write you a check, and it'll all be over and you'll be free to go, and a good deal wealthier than when you came."

Crossing her arms in over her chest, Thea stubbornly shook her head and said, "No. I'm sorry you wasted your time coming here, Mrs. Greenway, but I won't be bought, and I have no intentions of leaving."

Alice smile turned cruel as she looked her up and down and said, "Oh, I see what's driving you. Max is wealthy in his own right, isn't he? And he's a good looking man. You think I don't know what you're up to, worming your way into their affections? My son-in-law's only just lost his wife last year, who was also my only daughter. So he's got to be feeling pretty vulnerable, and he doesn't need the added complication of someone like you trying to seduce him while worrying about his daughter's well- being."

Thea couldn't believe this was happening. "Seduce him? You can't be serious. The only reason I'm here is to care for Chloe, who is my only concern. And if you'd like to see her before you leave, you're more than welcome. But I'm getting a shower now, and putting on some dry clothes." Her hands clenching into tight balls at her sides, Thea turned and stomped her way into the bathroom, forcing herself not to slam the door shut. She was just so pissed at the nerve of the woman trying to buy her off.

And it would serve her right if she did seduce Max into bed, the nasty conniving bitch. But then she closed her eyes and shook her head, because of course she could never do that, no matter how attracted she was to him.

When she came out after a long hot shower, Thea breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that Alice was gone. But there was a cheque sitting on the coffee table in the living room made out for... holy shit... fifty thousand dollars! God, she couldn't believe how badly she wanted her gone, if she willing to pay that much. Tempted to tear into shreds, on second thought, waving it in her hand, she decided instead to let Max have a look at it, since he might not believe her otherwise. It was almost unfathomable that his mother-in-law could be so controlling.

Then she noticed the little note that had dropped to the floor when she'd picked up the check that read: "Don't let your pride get in the way of your common sense. Just take the money and go. Your replacement will be here in the morning bright and early, so after tonight you won't have to worry about Chloe anymore and you can go chasing after someone else."

Sinking down on the couch, Thea felt sick. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined her latest posting turning out like this. If being madly in love with a boss that she could never have wasn't bad enough, now she had his bitch of a mother-in-law to contend with, too.

Her stomach still too upset to even try to eat, Thea didn't want any dinner, but made a nice light supper for Chloe who watched her carefully as she ate her salad and chicken strips. "You okay, Thea?" she finally asked her. "You're not hungry?"

Gently running her fingers through her soft blonde curls, Thea smiled and told her, "I'm fine, sweetie. Just a little tired, I guess."

Chloe nodded thoughtfully. "If I could read, I'd read you a story and put you to bed. But I am learning to spell. C A T spells cat, right?"

Thea smiled at her. It would be heartbreaking to have to leave such a sweet-natured child and just as hard to leave her father, but she was beginning to think she really didn't have much choice. Finally she smiled into her eyes and said, "We'll practice reading tomorrow okay?"

Chloe nodded as she wiped at her mouth with a napkin and told her, "Good, then I can teach the new baby how to read, too."

Heaving a sigh, Thea just nodded, wondering when, and if, she'd finally get the sibling she wanted so badly. She hoped in a way that Max actually would marry again, so she'd get her wish – providing of course his miserable mother-in-law would allow it.

Max walked into the apartment just before ten. Thea was on the couch with a movie playing on the television that she wasn't really watching, still feeling pretty overwhelmed from the encounter she'd had with the nasty horrible bitch.

Since Chloe was in bed, Max walked over to the couch and dropped a kiss on the top of Thea's head and said, "So how was today?"

Without saying a word, she picked up the note and the check and handed them to him, to let decide for himself.

And once he had a look he dropped down on the couch beside her and said, "You've got to be shitting me. Alice actually wrote you a check to try and get rid of you?"

"Yeah, and a pretty big one, too, don't you think? And she also accused me of trying to seduce you."

"And what did you say to her?"

"I told I couldn't be bought and that I have every intention of staying until you tell me otherwise. And that I'm only here to care for Chloe."

Blowing out a breath, Max pulled her into his arms. Surprised to hear her starting to breaking down and starting to sniffle, he gently stroked her hair. "Don't worry, I'll talk to her. As you've probably figured out, Alice is a woman who's used to getting her way. But if she wants to see Chloe again, she'd better not even think about pulling a stunt like this again. She doesn't control me, and she can't tell me who I can hire to take of my daughter. I can't believe how she thinks, she's just too much."

Pulling back, Thea said, "You can't believe her? Well neither could I when she marched right in here with barely a word, took out her check book and asked me how much it would take to get rid of me. I honestly couldn't believe my ears. Like I have no scruples, and would just take her money and walk out and leave you."

Max shook his head. Ever since he'd first had dealings with his mother-in-law, when she'd hired him to watch over her daughter, she'd been a piece of work. But after his wife Tabitha had died he'd started to think she was beginning to soften, at least with the way she'd thrown all her emotions into Chloe. Seems he'd been wrong though, and she was still a force to be reckoned with.

"You're not thinking of leaving us because of this, are you?" he asked her, tipping up her chin to look into her eyes.

Thea shook her head. "No. And you can tear up that check now that you've seen it."

He tucked it into his pocket. "Actually I think I'd like to confront her with it, if that's okay with you."

"Oh, be my guest. And if I never have to see that woman again, believe me, it'll be too soon."

He nodded as he stroked her head. "Yeah, I hear ya."

Then without even thinking he lifted her into his lap and began to gently rub her back tucking her head into his neck. Though he was only trying to sooth her, he just hoped she couldn't feel how hard he was getting, just having her close. But god did it ever feel good just to be able to hold her, no matter the reason.

They sat together like that for a long time, with him just running his hand along her back in slow lazy circles until he tipped up her head and tenderly kissed her lips, wiping away the last of her tears with his thumbs.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Thea was still so upset and knew it would just felt so good to lose herself in him, that when she kissed him back, without even thinking she slipped her tongue between his lips and began to make slow sweet love to his mouth.

And before long, she was on her back with Max groaning on top of her, kissing her till her chest was heaving and her legs had made their way around his thighs. And she could feel him right where she needed him, pressed hard against her sex. Finally he pulled back and said, "God, I want you so much right now it hurts."

"Well, that makes two of us." Then looking past him into the hallway, she warned him, "But don't forget Chloe could walk in and find us like this."

Talk about a splash of cold water, never mind a boner killer. Shaking his head, he finally rolled off her and got to his feet, then helping her to stand, he gave her one last kiss and said, "I think I should head to bed, before I do something stupid that we might both regret."

She couldn't argue with that. As incredible as it had felt to be making out like horny teenagers, she knew they had to stop before they took it any further.

But it took her a long while to fall asleep after that, especially since she couldn't stop thinking about how good his weight had felt when he was on top of her pressing her body into the couch, nudging himself between her legs as they kissed each other senseless. And a part of her wished that Chloe was already away at her uncle's, then they could have discovered what it would be like to finally make love like they'd been dying to do, almost from the first moment they'd met.

Across the hall, wide awake in his bed, Max was staring up at the ceiling, wishing like hell they'd finally gotten a chance to explore every last of inch of each other and actually make love. But he knew one thing, when they finally did, he'd never want to let her go. Because if having a chance to really kiss her and hold her close had made him that crazy – heaven help them both when they finally got each other naked.

In the morning, over breakfast, Thea told him about her cousin's birthday bash on Friday night. Max narrowed his eyes on her and asked, "Is that Cooper character I met at your cousin's place going to be there?"

When she nodded and said, "Of course, he's the one organizing it," Max just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Grinning at him, Thea said, "Well, you could come too if you'd like, it's going to be a really big party, so the more the merrier."

"You know I just might." Especially if it meant he could keep his eye on her, and keep the other letches at bay.

"Can I come, too?" Chloe asked, looking hopefully from one to the other.

Max patted her hand. "No, honey, remember you've got your own plans this weekend. You're going to the zoo with to your aunt and uncle tomorrow, and then on Sunday they're taking you to see a movie."

Chloe clapped her hands together and said, "Oh, I love seeing the animals at the zoo, and I really like going to the show, too. And Aunt Lori always lets me sit in her lap so I can see better 'cause some people have really big heads."

And when she held her little hands out beside her head to demonstrate a head about the size of a large pumpkin Max and Thea laughed at how cute she was.

But they were both glad they'd have another evening out together on their own, knowing she'd be in good hands.

When Friday night rolled around, once they'd seen Chloe safely off with Sam and his wife Lori – Sam of course, nudging his brother teasingly in the ribs the minute he got a look at Thea – they both waved her off then went back inside to get ready for their night out.

Max was dressed in black jeans and a charcoal gray button down shirt, hoping he looked okay. When suddenly his eyes almost popped out of his head the moment Thea strolled out of her bedroom in black leather pants that she must have spray painted onto her body, the way they hugged every curve. And the top she had on was probably the sexiest thing he'd ever seen. A leather boustier that really showed off her breasts, the swell of them already making him hard just thinking about how amazing it would be to trace those firm ripe mounds with his tongue.

Finally he looked up at her eyes, surprised to see her wearing some pretty sexy looking makeup, too, making her eyes look, if possible, even bluer. Looking like an absolute goddess, her heels were so high he could already imagine how hot she'd look wearing nothing but those black stilettos, of course smiling up at him in his bed.

Thea tipped her head. "So, do I look okay?"

Fucking amazing was more like it, but the trouble was, he wasn't too thrilled at everyone else at the party seeing her looking like sex on legs. But drawing in a shaky breath he told her the truth. "You look absolutely incredible, Thea."

He was relieved to see she was also carrying a tiny leather jacket that would at least cover her up a little, since he suddenly realized he had a jealous streak about a mile wide, at least where she was concerned. And he wasn't about to let her out of his sight for even a minute tonight, especially looking this hot.

Glad that he'd decided to join her, he couldn't imagine her going out on her own looking sexy enough that any guy who saw her would want a piece of her.

They decided to leave his car at home and call an Uber in case they had a few drinks. And when he noticed her shivering in the back seat of the guy's Prius with the air-conditioning set cold enough to make ice, Max tugged her to his side, wrapping his arm around her so he could rub her back, to try and warm her up. With her long blonde hair up in a ponytail, she was showing a lot of bare skin. And he'd never noticed before how beautiful her shoulders were, delicate and soft under his fingertips, he wanted so much to run his lips over every inch of her.

Thea smiled into his eyes, snuggling into him closer. "I'm really glad you decided to come, Max, and I'll bet we'll have fun."

Yeah, he'd bet they would too, holding her close on the dance floor and sneaking kisses in the dark, he was already pretty stoked about having a night out with her.

The party was in an old converted warehouse down by the lake, and the music was loud enough that they could hear it from outside as they got out of the car. Once Max had paid the driver, he slipped a possessive arm around Thea and they headed inside.

The moment they stepped through the doors, they could feel the beat of the music pumping right through them, the dancefloor packed with partiers. Max realizing that it had been a few years since he'd been at a bash like this. Taking care of his daughter full time, he'd pretty much given up on having much of a social life, not that he'd really missed it.

Thea shivered and leaned into him, excitedly pointing out where her cousin was across the room. "There he is. We should go over and say hello."

And the moment they made their way through the throng on the dance floor to get at the birthday boy, after Thea had wished him a happy birthday, Max was shocked when Oscar pulled Thea into his arms, lifting her right off her feet to give her a big smacking kiss on the lips. Hoping like hell her breasts stayed in her top, Max was relieved when he finally put her back down on her feet and saw that everything stayed where it was supposed to.

Smiling warmly at Max, she said, "Max, this is my cousin Oscar. And Oscar, this is Max who I work for, taking care of his little girl."

Oscar shook his hand, slapping him on the back. "Great to meet you, Max, glad you could come. Now why don't you get yourselves some drinks and then get up on the dance floor."

With a little wave goodbye to her cousin, Thea took hold of Max's hand and led him over to the bar. It so warm with all the people milling around that Thea chose a cool refreshing pear mojito and Max just ordered an ice cold beer. He clinked glasses with her and smiling into her eyes, told her, "To a night out, with no curfew."

She laughed and smiled into his smoky grey eyes as she sipped her drink. Definitely the hottest looking man in the room, she had a feeling that with Chloe gone, tonight might just be the night that they'd finally give in to temptation.

Taking a look around the packed room, dark, except for some strategically placed lights flashing to the music, Max decided that a night out together was just what they needed. About to ask her if she'd like to get up on the dance floor, he noticed that her cousin Oscar's sketchy redheaded roommate Cooper had slipped in beside her, and was giving her a big enthusiastic hug, lifting her right off her feet again. And he wondered what the hell was with everybody having to pick her up. When he finally put her down, he offered his hand to Max, and said, "Hey, dude, good to see you."