Teenage Fantasy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I ain't no damn greeter! I'm better than all of ya put together in there. I'm out here for the fresh air, cause y'all stink."

"Maybe we should get you a sign." Jake stroked his chin in contemplation. "So you don't have to talk to the customers."

"What damn customers? Get your ass in there! You're already late."

Elroy chuckled, taking a drag from his cigarette, as Jake made his way into the shop.

_________

Wind, smelling of dust and dried oak leaves, grazed Mabel's cheek as she sat on the wooden porch. They had a bench against the side of the house. The door was open, and Trish was blaring Pink Floyd inside. Mabel took a deep breath, letting tranquility wash over her.

"You mind if I join you?"

The screen door slammed shut behind Trish. Mabel smiled at Jake's mom, pulling her legs back and tucking them beneath her.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to leave you in there."

"Don't worry about it," Trish said as she handed the young lady a glass of iced tea. "It's beautiful out here."

Mabel looked around. "It is."

"What are you working on?"

Trish's gaze landed on the notebook in Mabel's lap. It was a battered composition book with a pen tucked between the pages.

"Oh, this," Mabel said briefly, picking up the book. "It's just what I've always done. I try to come up with solutions to problems that I have or see in the world by writing down my ideas. It's a hobby, I guess."

Trish sat forward with intrigue. "What kinda problems do you write about?"

"Sicknesses really. Like cancer on the cellular level or measles and mumps."

"I didn't expect that," Trish laughed.

"Yeah," Mabel chewed the tip of her thumb, "It's kinda weird."

"No," Trish replied, "I'm sure you have a thousand ways to change the world in that notebook." Mabel gave a half-smile while fiddling with the pages. "Yeah, I guess I do."

"Thank you for helping, Jake," Trish said softly as she looked out at the yard. "He gave up on school a while ago, and I failed at getting him back on track. I mean, in every other sense, he's a good kid. He works hard with his dad, helps around the house, and he's polite and respectful. I just couldn't get him to like school or... even try."

Mabel studied Trish's somber expression. Her brown eyes surveyed the dead oaks, and she seemed to be lost in the past.

"You're right." Mabel replied as Trish met her gaze. "He's great in all of those ways. He's also incredibly smart, and he's going to graduate. I promise."

Trish nodded, taking Mabel's hand. "Thank you."

Mabel looked down at his mom's hand. She thought of the last time she'd sat and talked with her mom, the night everything had happened. She gave Trish's hand a soft squeeze.

"Also, it's 85 degrees, sweetheart." Trish gave the girl a knowing look. "You can take that hoodie off. I'm not naive about what you and my son are doing behind closed doors."

With wide eyes, Mabel flushed red, recalling last night.

"It's ok!" Trish laughed, patting the young girl's leg. "Just be safe."

Mabel nodded, trying to slow her heartbeat; she was incredibly embarrassed, but Trish was right—it was sweltering wearing a hoodie all day.

"You wanna come help me make lunch for the boys? I normally take food down to the shop on Sundays and we eat together."

"Yeah, that sounds great," Mabel replied. "Oh, um, Trish?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Do you still have those recruitment letters?"

________

Toni nudged Jake with his foot. "Is that her?"

Jake slid from beneath the car and sat up.

He'd heard his mom's truck pull up behind the shop. Mabel hopped out of the F-150. She was carrying a tray and looked around at the scrap cars behind her before turning towards the garage. Her gaze landed on him, and she smiled, scanning her eyes over him. She was wearing her shorts and a white tee. His marks lined her neck.

"That's her," Jake replied, standing up. He grabbed a cloth and wiped his hands off.

"Damn, bro," Toni whistled in appreciation, "I see you."

Jake laughed, walking over to her.

"We brought food," Mabel said with a smile.

"I could eat," he replied, scanning his eyes over her. Something about seeing her display the marks he'd left made him want her. But everything made him want her. After last night, he realized she felt the same way.

Mabel noticed his expression as she swept her eyes over him. He was wearing a dirty white undershirt. His muscles glistened with damp sweat and car grease. The smell of his cologne melded with that of motor oil and wafted on the wind. Fuck, he was hot! Her eyes narrowed as she bit back a grin.

"Sandwiches." She lifted the tray up.

Jake took it from her. "Those are good too."

He wrapped his arm around her, sweeping her up and tasting her without hesitation. Mabel returned the kiss while giggling playfully.

He set her down as they neared the wooden picnic tables beneath a large oak tree in the yard. The guys had already started gathering there, and Jake's mom opened a cooler full of cold drinks. She took the tray from him, pulling off the cellophane.

"You boys hungry?"

"Thank you, Miss Edwards," Toni said as he reached for a bag of chips.

Trish handed out heavy-duty hand wipes and food, and everyone settled in. Mabel sat on the bench. Jake put his leg over one side and sat facing her. The guys were talking amongst themselves. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. She side-eyed him while chewing a bite of her sandwich.

"Are you gonna watch me eat?"

"Nah," Jake chuckled, shaking his head and looking down at his food.

"So you're the girl JJ got in the fight over," Toni said, looking at the redhead. "I knew it was over a girl. You're pretty too."

"Toni," Jake said firmly to his friend.

"Yeah, the fight was my fault." Mabel replied honestly. "I hope you guys weren't too hard on him."

"He had to work double shifts," Toni said with exaggerated sadness. "I don't know how he made it."

Mabel laughed, and Jake flipped him off.

"It wasn't your fault," Jake reassured

"I'd say it worked out in his favor," Toni continued.

"Leave that girl alone, Antonio," Elroy chided. "Don't pay too much attention to him. He only has bolts and nuts for brain cells."

"I'm just saying, old man. I'd go to battle too, for hermosa rosa."

"And that is why you have two kids and Amalia waiting for you at home." Toni was chastised by Trish, who lightly smacked his shoulder.

He grinned and said, "That's what I'm saying; it's a proven strategy. Right JJ?"

"JJ?" Mabel asked, looking up at him, "What's the second J?"

"My middle name." Jake shot a pointed look at Toni and said, "It's an old nickname."

"What's your middle name?"

"Jaxon," Tom replied, looking at Elroy, "it's Elroy's middle name."

"Jake Jaxon Edwards," Mabel smiled at the name, looking at Jake, "I like it."

"Told you it was a good name." Elroy laughed.

"Never doubted you," Trish said with a smile.

The wind rustled the trees around them, and Mabel took in the moment as everyone chatted. It was peaceful out here. The laughter from Jake's family rang around her, blending with the sounds of birds and the breeze. As she breathed in the moment, she experienced a feeling of peace. Everything here felt calmer and put her at ease.

"So, what's yours?"

Jake asked as everyone else drifted into different conversations. He watched Mabel take a deep breath. Her hair blew in the wind, and sunlight splintered through the leaves, casting bright beams and patterned shadows over her. Just like last night, she seemed peaceful. She opened her eyes and gave him a questioning stare.

"What's my what?"

"Your middle name. It's only fair since you know mine."

"Oh," Mabel pinched her nose, "my mom isn't great at names. Hence my first name."

Jake grinned. "I like your name."

"Um," Mabel tightened her lips, "it's Rose."

Jake didn't work too hard to suppress his laugh, and Mabel joined in while shaking her head. "I know! It's terrible."

"Your mom thinks you're an old woman, Mabel?" Jake joked.

"Yes," Mabel laughed, "she does."

"Mabel Rose." Jake smiled at the name.

"I was named after my mom's grandmothers."

"Miss Mabel Rose."

"Nooo, that middle name reveal is a sworn secret," she laughed, shaking her head.

"I might just call you Rosie." Jake feigned considering the idea.

"Alright, Jax," Mabel quipped.

His face fell. "Sworn secret it is."

"You know," Mabel said after finishing half of her sandwich and turning to face him, "you have a great family."

Jake looked over at his family. Toni and Elroy were bickering, and his mom and dad were talking amongst themselves as Smithie begged for scraps from the table.

"You think so?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yeah," she nodded, "this is nice."

Jake surveyed her; she looked at her plate and took another bite of her sandwich, seeming to draw herself into deep thought.

"We're eating sandwiches in a scrap yard," Jake said, pulling her back to him instead.

Mabel grinned. "Fine dining at its best."

"It has its perks," Jake replied with a smirk.

"What are the perks?"

"Being here," Jake's voice took on a heartfelt tone, "with you, no bullshit in the way."

Mabel contemplated his words while holding his gaze. This weekend had been a whirlwind for her, between meeting his parents and going out with him. She got to see a different side of Jake. His words last night had forced her to view him in a new light, and despite herself, she felt the same way. It was freeing. But how would it feel in the spotlight of the school?

"It has been really great," Mabel admitted, "spending time with you this weekend. It's a nice change of pace."

"From what?"

"Well," Mabel thought about it. "Normally on a Sunday, I'd just be at home, working on schoolwork while binge-watching a show I've seen far too many times."

"By yourself," Jake added.

"Well, yeah," Mabel said, looking at him. "I mean, I enjoy it. The solitude. It allows me to focus."

"You really enjoy it?"

"It's comfortable for me."

Jake nodded. "It's just that... you've been saying that since we first talked."

"What?"

"That you like being alone."

Mabel's smile slowly faded as she thought about it. "I don't know. I guess I'm just always kind of by myself. I was a responsible kid, so my mom started letting me be at home alone when I was thirteen. I was able to teach myself how to cook, and I've read a ton of great books. So I guess it's been productive. I'm used to it. It's good for me."

Mabel couldn't tell if she was trying to convince him or herself. It had been this way for as long as she remembered, and she'd used the time wisely. Probably too wisely, she'd never done anything outside of her shell.

"That sounds boring, doesn't it?" she added, trying to play off the profound dismay she suddenly felt.

"That sounds..." Jake observed her as he pondered what to say. "It sounds lonely, Mabel."

Mabel looked up at him, not sure how to respond. Was she lonely? She was always alone, but she immersed herself in things to stay busy.

"I'm just saying." Jake continued, "You're by yourself a lot."

He thought of the house yesterday when he'd gone to drop her off. Thinking back, every time he went over, it was mostly just her. Maybe she ate lunch with her friends in the library, but in class, she kept to herself, sitting in the back of the room and not talking to anyone.

"Does that mean you like to be?"

Mabel kept her eyes fixed on him as he asked her. She thought of how he'd flipped her world. It felt good to be with him this weekend. His presence was appreciated even when they were just studying at her house the day before. He made the mundane memorable.

"I used to," she replied.

"You used to?"

"Yeah."

"Something changed?"

Mabel watched the wind rustle his hair.

"Yeah," Mabel replied.

"What," Jake asked.

"Everything."

_________

"Man coverage don't work on the boy; he's gonna get around 'em." Elroy laughed as Tom groaned.

"That's bullshit," Tom said, shaking his head.

"It's a flat route," Jake added. "You put two men on him, and they're gonna run into each other tryna catch him."

Mabel listened to the low baritone of Jake's voice resonate through his chest as he talked about the football game they were watching. They were sitting in the living room on the couch. Elroy and Tom were in the recliners, and Trish was on the couch opposite them. Smithie was stretched out comfortably in the middle with her head on Trish's lap.

Mabel wasn't watching the game. Her eyes were closed, and she struggled to reopen them. Body fatigue overtook her. She didn't want to be rude and fall asleep, but Jake's slow, rhythmic heartbeat played in her ear, and his warm arms enveloped her, causing her to fall deeper into sedation. She was where she was safest—in his arms. The thought made her smile as she nuzzled against his chest.

"Come on!"

Jake shook his head, watching the other team score. He held up one hand in disbelief.

"I told you," Elroy repeated.

"Yeah, yeah," Jake said, wrapping his arm around her again. The game cut to a commercial, and during the small moment of silence between transitioning ads, Jake heard a familiar whistle.

Looking down at her red hair, he paused, watching her chest rise and fall and listening for another soft snore.

"Mabel?" he whispered.

She didn't respond to his voice. A smile formed on his lips. She must've been exhausted to pass out with all the noise.

Trish said gently, "You should take her upstairs," and Jake looked up at his mother.

"Yeah," Jake said, moving one arm under her knees and standing up. Mabel's arm dangled, and her head rolled against his chest. She didn't wake up from his movements, and he was careful not to jostle her too much.

"Night," Jake called to his family.

"Goodnight, baby," Trish said with a smile. Elroy and Tom gave their sentiments before turning back to the TV.

Jake looked down at the sleeping girl after laying her in his bed. She was still in her clothes. He didn't want to wake her, but he didn't want her sleeping in jean shorts and a dirty t-shirt. He rummaged through his dresser, pulling out a shirt, before making his way back to her.

After removing her glasses, he pulled off her socks, then moved on to her shorts. It was relatively easy to pull them down and slide them off of her. It felt weird undressing her while she slept, but he wanted her to be comfortable. He moved toward her shirt.

Once she was in her bra, Jake contemplated taking it off. Did girls normally wear their bras to bed?

He decided not to remove it and rolled his shirt up instead, getting ready to put it over her head.

Mabel took a deep breath and stretched her arms over her head while yawning. Her eyes slowly opened, and she looked up at Jake. He had a wide-eyed gaze and was holding a shirt, looking down at her.

"You're awake," he said.

"Did I fall asleep?" She asked, rubbing her eyes while sitting up. She looked down at herself and realized she was in her underwear.

"It's not what it looks like," Jake said, trying to explain immediately. "You were asleep and still dressed. I just wanted you to be comfortable. I was planning on putting a shirt on you."

Mabel gave him an inquisitive look and said, "Calm down. It's ok."

"I just didn't want you to think I was trying to..."

"I know," Mabel reassured. "I know you wouldn't do anything like that."

Jake nodded, holding his shirt out for her. "Here you go. You can finish up."

Mabel eyed the shirt, not taking it from him. Instead, she moved to unfasten her bra, enjoying the relief of releasing the tight garment and letting it fall to the floor.

"If it's alright," Mabel said, laying down and stretching her limbs before curling up around a pillow. She cherished how his scent permeated the bed. "I wanna stay like this."

Jake looked down, watching the girl get comfortable on his bed. She snuggled against one of his pillows, closing her eyes again. She'd left her panties on, a lavender-colored cotton that sat high on her hips and barely covered the rounds of her ass but was otherwise completely naked. Her stomach expanded with a deep breath, and she sighed contentedly.

"Whatever you want, Mabel," Jake replied, bending to place a soft kiss against her head as he pulled the blanket over her. She smiled, not opening her eyes but lifting her hand to rest against his cheek.

"Are you gonna come to bed?" she whispered.

"Yeah, I'll be back in a bit."

Her fingers stroked gently against his skin before she nodded and dropped her hand. Jake shut off the light and left the room.

When he fell against the mattress, Mabel gravitated toward him immediately. She snaked her body around him, draping her leg over his and laying her head on his chest. Jake took a deep breath, enjoying her warmth as she pressed her breasts against his ribs.

"I'm sorry for falling asleep out there," Mabel whispered, skimming her lips against his skin. "I didn't mean to be rude."

"No one thinks you were rude," Jake reassured, wrapping his arm tightly around her and running his hand through her hair.

"Thank you," Mabel said softly. "This weekend has been really nice."

"I was supposed to take you home today."

"It's ok, you can take me home before school tomorrow."

Jake took a deep breath, and the smell of strawberries filled him. "I'm not ready for tomorrow."

"Me either," Mabel agreed. "I wish we could just stay here."

"We can," Jake squeezed her, "we'll ditch."

Mabel giggled, "Great plan."

"Actually," Jake said, "you are already here. I can just keep you to myself."

"Are you going to kidnap me?" Mabel laughed.

"Anything to keep everything like this." Jake said, trying to hide how serious he was. "I'm not ready to lose you."

Mabel was quiet for a moment, trying to understand why she felt sorrowful after his statement. Tomorrow they would go back to the way things were. She thought of Jake's words in the hallway.

" No kissing in front of anyone. No touching. I won't call you babe. I'll leave you alone."

"You think you're losing me?"

"It feels that way," Jake replied. This weekend had reiterated that gnawing feeling that threatened to devour him. This is what he wanted—to be with her without worrying about what other people thought. "I lose you to that place."

Mabel swallowed around the knot in her throat, "Jake, I just can't..."

She couldn't what? Mabel thought to herself suddenly feeling as though all the walls that she had built up around their relationship had been destroyed without her realization. Only when she tried to seek their existence did she realize they weren't there. This weekend had changed so much.

"I know, Mabel," Jake said, nodding. He understood and pretended to be ok with it. Stroking his hand through her long hair and drawing her closer to him. Feeling her heartbeat thrumming against his side while her fingers trailed along his chest.

Silence stretched between them lingering in the dark room around them.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Mabel cut it with her soft voice.

"Anything."

"Why..." She paused, contemplating how to proceed. "Why don't you ever talk about Tonya?"

Her question winded him. He hadn't expected it. The mere mention of her name elicited feelings of contempt. He swallowed them.

"What do you mean, Mabel?"

"I mean, you guys dated for a couple of months, and it seemed like you two really clicked. You and I aren't even dating, and I've met your parents, but she hasn't. And every time I mention her, you shut down. It's just... I guess I don't understand why."

"She's my ex."

"She is now, but before that, when we drove to the lake and I asked you about her, you obfuscated."

"I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound like something I'd do."

Mabel rolled her eyes, chuckling. "It means that you deflected attention, like what you're doing right now."

1...345678