Tell it to My Heart Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a few seconds, my father, who always distanced himself from tears as much as possible, started whooping and hollering. "Aunt Dorothy gave you her car! She said a few weeks ago that she might do that."

Just like my dad, and most other men his age. Don't address the melting ball of emotion on the ground that is your daughter... talk about the car. Avoid emotions at all costs. I wish Sami or Katie were here.

My mom rushed over to me. Then her and Charlee helped me up. My mom found a tissue in her purse and started drying my eyes. This is the most emotional support that I've gotten from my mother in years. I thought.

She whispered. "I know there's more to this than Charlee doing better... We'll talk later." Why start now I thought to myself... We never did talk about it.

By this time my dad was all over the Mustang. Rubbing his hands lightly over the still dusty car.

"Does it run?" he asked excitedly. I gave up trying to get him to acknowledge my emotions and just told him that I didn't think it did. I pushed my emotions down like I usually do. I walked over to my dad and with a little of my own excitement we started talking about all the work the car needed.

**********

Charlee feeling better and me being excited about working on the Mustang, helped keep my mind off of Shara. My dad and I spent all week, day and night, working on it. But on Saturday morning, Mrs. Miller called me to see if I could look at a '57 T-bird she and her husband Bill just bought. Combined, they owned several classic cars. Mrs. Miller or Cassie as she told me to call her said it was making a noise. I worked on some of her classic cars in the past, so it wasn't strange to hear from her. It was just that her timing sucked. I really wanted to keep working on the Mustang with my dad. She was nice about it, but she was insistent that I come by today. I said OK as I figured I was going to need more money to fix up my car anyway.

I picked up the love of working on classic cars when I was around 12. I was an early bloomer, physically, not emotionally. Haha. Everything came easy to me. I guess I was just naturally mechanically inclined. And I think my dad loved that one of his daughters sorta became the son he always wanted. Of course he never told me that. Just a feeling I had.

I learned a lot from him. Then I helped him every chance I could. By the time I was 16 I could rebuild an engine all by myself. I think working on cars was my dad's escape. Mine too, but for different reasons.

My dad had a hard time dealing with Charlee being sick. A real hard time. I think he felt guilty about so many things. Not least of which was spending so much time helping my mom, help Charlee. And not spending time with his other daughters. Like most men he didn't open up to anyone.

Actually he finally did, but that was just a few months before he died. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.

My dad liked to talk, as long as we weren't talking about anyone's feelings. So working with him, let me forget about my daily, no, hourly struggle. Trying to figure out how a strong, boyish looking girl like me fits into this crazy world. The less I thought about it the better.

**********

Forest Hills Estates was the gated community Cassandra, I mean Cassie, lived in. She and her husband Bill were fairly wealthy. Hence the many classic cars. But I would be in for a delightful shock in many ways when I saw the car she bought.

It turned out to be a sunny, warm, humid day. Even for the middle of May. I threw my large toolbox in the back of my dad's beat up, faded red, '52 Ford pickup. And off I went.

Danny at the security gate just waved me through. I'm sure Mrs MIller... Damn it, I mean... Cassie. Must have told him I was allowed in. Plus, I knew Danny from high school. He asked me out once. Why or how he didn't know I was gay, was beyond me. I just told him that I didn't date. Although if I did, he'd be near the top of the list. He was tall, ruggedly handsome, and probably the nicest boy on the planet. We did develop a close friendship through our love of classic cars. And later in life, a connection that even I didn't see coming.

I pulled into the long driveway to the right of the brick, English Tudor house. Around the back to the enormous, six car, two story garage. All the garage doors were open. Showing off the back ends the Miller's other classic cars. One stall was empty, and I saw the white T-bird sitting in the shadow of the garage. I didn't see anyone at first. But off to the left, past the patio furniture. I saw a short petite woman with the shortest blonde hair I've ever seen swimming in a large swimming pool.

I stepped out of the warm truck, out into the hot sun. I wiped my brow with my red and white paisley bandanna. It was already soaked with sweat. I stuffed it back in my pocket and walked slowly over toward the pool. The bright morning sun reflecting off the pool obscured some of my view.

From what I could see, the woman walked, elbows in the air, through the water to get to the ladder. I passed a chair with a white folded terry cloth towel on it. I grabbed it and kept walking towards her as she started to ascend the 4ft ladder. The sun glistening off the water almost completely blinded me.

Through squinted eyes, I watched a wet, blonde haired goddess flow out of the pool. Water slowly rippled down her lightly tanned shoulders. Another step up the ladder and my heart pounded as she slowly revealed her red bikini clad body. Her strapless top barely covered her perky girlish breasts. Her perfectly flat tummy was the next to shed water.

As she reached the last step, I couldn't help but stare at her shapely hips that were holding up a thin bikini bottom. It was tied with perfect little bows on each side and it left little to the imagination. The sun caused the crystal clear water to shimmer off her strong thighs and caves.

Still squinting. I looked back up towards her face. Rivulets of water shimmered as they flowed down the curve of her neck. Small droplets of water were reluctantly falling from her eye lashes. And one from her cute little nose. I shaded my eyes with my right hand so I didn't have to squint. Then she looked at me with her gorgeous hazel eyes... Wait, what... holy shit... It's Shara!!! And she cut her hair!!!

My jaw dropped. And so did the terry cloth towel I was holding. My heart pounded in my chest.

Stop it Heart!

What felt like a real electric shock ran through me... I couldn't speak. I was so confused. But I kept watching her. Thinking this must be some sort of mirage...

No Andi, it's definitely Shara.

She closed the distance between us in slow motion. My eyes tried to drink in all of her beauty all at once. My normally cool exterior crumbled. It was obvious I was staring. I was embarrassed that I was staring. She's now just a foot from me. Her eyes locked onto mine. I was mesmerized. Maybe hypnotized was a better word.

My chin was still resting on my chest in shock. All the thoughts in my mind, and all the feelings in my heart felt like they were caught in a tornado. I stupidly blew her off almost two weeks ago, but yet, here she is... why?

"What are YOU doing here?" Shara said curtly.

"I'm here... to see... Mrs. Miller... I mean Cassie," I choked out as I tried to look away from her still dripping wet body... I failed. Why didn't I go see her, I thought... oh yeah... she was dating a guy.

But remember what Katie said Andi...? Yes Heart, I remember.

"Wait... You're the mechanic she said was coming over to look at her car?" Shara continued in her curt voice as she picked up the towel I dropped. Then she turned away from me and bent down to dry all the way down her legs. Teasingly showing off her toned legs and cute little bottom.

"I guess... I mean yes I am." Not being able to tear my eyes away from Shara. But still embarrassed to be looking straight at her.

"Gurrr, I can't wait to talk to my big sister!" she huffed. And threw the towel on a chair before she was even partially dry.

"Cassie's your older sister?" I snapped back.

"Yeah... Older is the key word there... Oh here she is now... The little instigator." 36 year old Cassie was bringing three tall glasses of lemonade to the umbrella covered glass table just a few feet from us.

"I prefer the word matchmaker, '' Cassie shot back a smile to her sister. Placing the drinks on the table. Then her hands on her tan shapely hips.

Cassie tried to hand Shara, then me a glass. "Here's to new beginnings,'' she pronounced.

"Oh, I'm not drinking to anything like that," Shara kept up with her attitude by not taking the glass of lemonade.

"Yeah, maybe it would be better if I came back another time," I said softly with some embarrassment, and not taking the lemonade either.

"Woah there, both of you," Cassie quickly countered. She looked at Shara, then me. "Andi, I watched you through the sliding glass door right there by the patio. You were absolutely spellbound by Shara weren't you?"

Cassie wasn't wrong. Shara looked amazing. And when she said matchmaker, was she trying to get Shara and I together? I was thinking that this might be her way of trying to give me a second chance with Shara. I didn't deserve one, but I'm now... hoping for one.

Tell her yes Andi, tell her YES!

I looked at Shara, not Cassie as I answered. Straight into Shara's beautiful hazel eyes. "Yes, I certainly was... Any girl would be," I said with confidence.

Thank you Heart. You're welcome Andi.

I saw Shara's shoulders drop and let go of some tension. Her face softened. She wasn't smiling, but she didn't want to bite my head off either.

"And Shara, You've done nothing for the last two weeks, but talk about how Andi made you feel things. New feelings! Different from anything that you've ever felt before. And how you wished that she just listened to your whole story that night, Am I right?"

Shara returned a long look into my eyes. And in a neutral tone said, "Well... I won't say you're wrong Cassie."

"Then I suggest a do-over," Cassie announced with a broad smile. Then continued to introduce us as if we just met.

"Andi, this is my cute, sometimes confused little sister, Shara."

"Shara, this is my friend Andi, she's done some work on our cars in the past. She is as friendly as she is hard working." More smiles coming from Cassie.

I studied Shara's face. I couldn't read anything. She took two steps and stood right in front of me. Shara's voice didn't sound happy as she put a damp hand on each side of my face. "Unless you tell me no Andi, in three seconds I'm gonna kiss you," Shara said loudly, like it was an announcement. This is gonna be payback... I can feel it.

Before another thought could cross my overheated brain. Shara kissed me. Just like two weeks ago.

Just as soft.

Just as sweet.

Just as tender.

And just as before her tongue snuck its way into my mouth. My heart jumped for joy and I kissed her back.

Katie was right Andi, Shara is going to make us happy! Hmmm, I think you're right Heart.

With a little more passion building inside me. I pulled her steamy body to mine. Each one of my fingertips rejoiced as they moved slowly across her soft still wet skin. My hands wanted to venture down her back and caress her cute little bottom. My heart of all things, stopped me.

All in good time Andi, all in good time.

Shara's wet arms wrapped around me, and cooled my back. I just then realized how much I missed her. How much I wanted her. How stupid I was for not going back to see her again. Our tongues happily played in each other's mouths. I didn't care that Cassie was standing right there. I didn't care that we were lightly moaning. And, at this point, I certainly didn't care that Shara said she was dating a guy. I had the beautiful Shara in my arms again and it felt great.

Maybe Katie was right. Maybe the guy she was dating didn't mean much to Shara. My heart was singing again.

Shara's silky soft lips are on ours again Andi, and they are never going to leave. Ever.

Then I heard Cassie clear her throat, "Aaheemm." I could HEAR the smile on her face.

Shara leaned back to break the kiss. But I didn't want to, so I kept leaning toward her. She giggled at my effort.

I finally... reluctantly... I stopped kissing Shara. I looked into her eyes and she whispered nicely, "Now see Andi, what if I walked out on YOU right now... what if I got on a motorcycle and drove off? How would YOU feel?"

This IS my payback.

She was teaching me a lesson and I deserved it. And I thought about her question. How would I feel...? It felt like a gut punch, that's how it felt... Was this the pain I caused Shara?

"I'm so, so sorry Shara. I was stupid. I should have let you finish. I just shut down when you said you were dating a guy. I'm sorry, I can be impatient sometimes and my silly teenage brain went haywire."

"Well sweetie." Now Shara is sounding relatively normal. "If you'd listened to EVERYTHING I said. You would have heard me say we were only dating for two weeks. And that I didn't find him very interesting anyway. He was just someone to talk to so I didn't feel lonely... And just so ALL three of us are clear on the subject. I'm NOT dating ANYONE at the moment," she said looking only at me, then continued. "Unless, of course, Andi wants to change that!" Her pretty, coy smile, and sexy wink just set my heart a flutter. She forgave me... so fast.

Kiss her Andi, kiss her again! Not yet Heart.

I'm gonna fix this, I said to myself. So, trying to look as sexy as Shara. An impossible task to say the least. I mean, I was expecting to work on a car today. My baggie, worn out jeans and my ripped black t-shirt certainly weren't doing anything for me. The only thing I had going for me at this moment were my big brown eyes and my bright smile. I stood one foot from her. I ran my left hand through my wet from sweat black hair. I went along with the do-over introduction. I reached out my right hand to shake her hand.

"Hi Shara, I'm Andi, would you do me the honor of going out with me sometime?" I asked with a sincere yet sexy voice. Also making it obvious that I DID want Cassie's 'do-over'.

A huge smile, and a pair of sparkling eyes bloomed right in front of me. Shara took my hand... God, her hand is so soft.

"I would be delighted Andi... Where would you like to go on our first date?"

"I'd be happy to go anywhere you would like to go, Shara." I said, letting go of her hand and bouncing between flat foot and tippy-toe... God, could I be any more of a dork? This isn't like me. I'm usually the one calling the shots. This girl has my insides completely out of place.

Me too Andi...! Me too!

"Before anyone goes anywhere," Cassie quickly but happily interjected. "Won't both of you sit down for a few minutes in the shade... have some lemonade."

Shara smiled and winked at me again. "Well Andi, I think that first date will have to wait a little longer... Is that OK with you?" Like I had a choice. She didn't know it yet, but she had me wrapped around her little finger.

"Waiting is not my strong suit," I said, "but I'll try," pulling out a chair and sitting down.

"Maybe this will hold you over." Shara put her hand on the back of my head, leaned down and kissed me again.

No tender kiss or three second warning this time. Her tongue was gently but firmly lapping at mine within two seconds. My hand found the back of her head and held it in place. I didn't want her to stop. But just as quickly as she started, she slipped out of my grasp and ended our kiss with a slurp. She's teasing me and she knows it.

Cassie's wide grin said it all. She was happy for her little sister. We talked while the fresh lemonade rehydrated us.

Cassie went into the story of her and Shara being sisters. Well, it really wasn't much of a story, They're sisters. Just 15 years apart. Cassie loved her little sister very much. But she also loved to tease her.

I asked. "So what made your parents wait so long between having kids?" Thinking that it was an innocent enough question.

"Not sure Andi," Shara piped up. "I just know that they saved the best for last." Giving her sister a silly sideways glance.

"At least I was planned," Cassie joked... "You were the product of a drunken weekend up at the cabin." Now smirking.

"What do you mean planned, Mom and Dad weren't even married when they conceived you," Shara shot back. Smiling at her sister.

"Oh, you're just mad because I didn't give you your birthday present yet," the older sister quipped.

"Yeah, Cassie, it was TWO weeks ago,'' Shara said as she reached out and pinched her sister's arm. (Yes, her birthday was the night of our first kiss. Of course, I didn't know, but I'll come back to that in a minute.)

"Well, it just got delivered yesterday. And you know what they say, good things come to those who wait," Cassie said in an amused yet loving voice to her only sibling. Then Cassie pulled out (from where I don't know) a small, beautifully wrapped gift box. White paper with a red ribbon and bow. The size of a pair of earrings might come in.

"Another pair of earrings Cassie, really, I have about a thousand." She did sound ungrateful, but I sensed there was some history behind it... something that I didn't know about. I didn't say anything. Neither did Cassie, she just smiled. But not just any smile. The kind of smile that said. Your're gonna look pretty stupid soon.

The gift box was wrapped in such a way that all Shara had to do was lift off the top of the box. Shara reached into the box and pulled out a set of keys... car keys... I gasped. I instantly recognized those were the keys to the white '57 T-bird. I covered my mouth with my hand in shock and my eyes went wide. That car, in that condition, was worth at least 50 thousand dollars. I knew Cassie and her husband were fairly well off. But now I think I'll start calling them richy rich.

My gasp caught Shara's attention and she looked at me totally confused. I pulled my hand away from my face to reveal a smile. I let my eyes and head point over towards the beautiful white shiny classic car.

Shara turned her head toward the car. Then covered her mouth with both hands. She inhaled like it was her first breath from almost drowning. She turned back and looked wide eyed at her sister. Shara's legs started bouncing, her hands started fanning her face like she was overheated. My heart started pounding because I was so happy for Shara. Her eyes welled up as her head looked down. Her hands now covering her face. This time, to hide her shame and embarrassment about the earing comment.

Shara slowly stood up, shaking and crying openly. Cassie stood up too. Shara reached out and hugged her sister lovingly. I'll admit I teared up a bit too. It warmed my heart to see the love they shared.

If I wasn't watching so closely I would have missed it. But Cassie called me over to the hugging sisters with one finger. She wanted me to join in and make it a group hug. I happily obliged.

I wrapped my long arms around the two balls of emotion. Feeling their sisterly love for each other. I'm not going to say that I felt like 'part of the family'. But I did feel a sense of closeness that warmed me.

I felt bad for them though. I mean, Shara smells like coconut oil. Cassie smells a combination of sunscreen and the sugarie lemonade she made. And I, well, I smelled like sweat, grease and more sweat. They didn't seem to mind.

Cassie was the first to break the group hug. Then she grabbed some napkins off the glass patio table we were sitting at and handed them out. I took one, but pretended that I didn't need it.

Shara, barely holding it together, whimpered out, "I don't know what to say Cassie... this is too much."

1...345678