Tell Me What You Think

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled back and took a towel with him as he left.

He stripped and dried himself before putting his clothes on. Quickly going through the room he picked up all the bottles he could find. He put them all on the big table by the kitchenette. When he had gathered them all he dumped the ones with any liquid in them down the sink.

He made another sweep through the room looking for likely hiding places and found three more bottles. After emptying them, he went to check on Emily. She was sitting on the toilet in her bra and panties, one leg in her sweatpants sleeping soundly.

He went into the family room intending to make up a bed for her on the couch. Seeing the huge brown stain, he changed his mind. He went upstairs and asked Joann if Emily's room was available.

"No," Joann explained, "we turned it into a home office when she left. There's not even a bed in there."

"No problem, I'll get us a hotel room with two beds, that will make it easier to watch her anyway."

Bob Eastman pulled out his wallet and tried to hand him money.

Danny smiled and said, "Thank you for offering but you said it was up to me, my decision. I've got this."

He called and made reservations at the Radisson a mile away.

"I would like to borrow one of your vehicles if I may," he asked Bob.

Joann reached into the bowl on the counter and handed him her keys.

"For as long as you need it Danny," she told him.

He went down and looked at Emily. She hadn't moved so he shook her shoulder until she woke up. Kneeling he put her other leg in her pants and helped her stand up. He pulled them on and got the hoodie on her.

His phone buzzed with a text and he looked at it. His friend had sent a list of things they would need and a phone number for the pilot. The pilot wouldn't be able to take them until the day after tomorrow. Danny thought that would be better anyway. It would give him time to get supplies together and have Emily checked out by a doctor. Before going into the deep woods for a month he had to know if her health was up to it.

He got her out of the bathroom and into the family room. Emily started looking for a bottle, when she couldn't find one, she panicked and started screaming at him and hitting him. He got tired of it and held her in a bear hug and shushing her until she calmed down.

He led her up the stairs. Her mom and dad looked at her anxiously. She glared at them and finally said, "So, you have betrayed me and told lies to my best friend, I hope you're happy."

Taking her arm, guided her out to the car. He took her in with him to register, not trusting her to stay in the car by herself. When they got her to the room he made sure the minibar was locked. He called room service and ordered two club sandwiches and eight large bottles of water.

While they were waiting for the food, he called Dr. Wilson's office. His Aunt June was the receptionist, he explained what he needed. She said they could come in first thing for blood work, she would squeeze her in to see the doctor at nine.

He called Gander Outdoors and asked if they delivered. They told him yes, but only on rather large orders. He asked if he could send them a list of things he needed and let them look it over and decide what to charge him. He told them he was flying in and would also need a total weight for everything.

He called the pilot and they agreed on a time and price.

"How much weight can we take total," Danny asked.

"Well we will be taking the Beaver so passengers and cargo will max out at fifteen hundred pounds. I have been to this cabin many times and landing and takeoff are a breeze up there," the pilot answered, "is that going to be a problem?"

"No, not at all. Thanks, see you Thursday at nine."

He hung up and found Emily glaring at him with the same look she gave her parents.

"Don't look at me like that Em, this is going to happen, whether you like it or not."

"What makes you think you can just kidnap me and haul me off to God knows where?'

"Well, because it's the only way I can think of to dry you out. That and the fact I outweigh you by like double."

"That's all really nice of you and all, but right now, I really need a drink."

"Yup, you probably do. You are going to need a drink, then want a drink, then want to be sober. It's going to be a long hard road. You can hate me as much as you want, but remember, I love you and always will, no matter what."

"You say you understand but you don't, I really, really need a drink," she whined.

"Yeah, you're going to start having the dt's here soon I suspect."

The waiter knocked, Danny let him in and had him set the food on the table and then put the water in the small fridge. He tipped the man and told Emily to sit down at the table.

She said, "Oh, no, I don't think I can eat right now, my stomach is jumping around pretty bad."

"That's because you threw up everything but your ovaries. It's empty and you have to put something in it to calm it down," he said reasonably.

Emily said, "To be honest with you, I've been throwing up every time I eat for a while now."

"Well, that stops now. Sit down and drink a bottle of water. If you hold that down, we'll try a few French fries."

He ate slowly while she sipped at her water. Half an hour later she had it down.

"You want to try a fry now?" he asked.

"Yeah maybe, that water seems to be sitting well," she told him.

"Well booze dehydrates you. You're going to drink a pint of water every two hours," he informed her.

"I will be peeing every ten minutes," she protested.

"When was the last time you peed," he asked her.

She frowned and said, "I don't really remember."

"My point exactly."

He pulled her club sandwich apart and made her eat the bacon.

"Chew it really well or unpleasant things will happen. We have to get your stomach juices going again."

While she was eating the bacon, he called Joann and told her he was going to need a couple of weeks clothing for Emily. Socks and underwear, a pair of tennis shoes, hiking boots if she found any. He asked if she had a pack or anything like that to put them in and she said she did.

"We'll be by tomorrow afternoon to pick them up. Thank you."

"How's it going?" Joann asked nervously.

"Not bad, she just had something to eat. She's going to take a bath and have an early night of it," he assured her.

He called his mom and explained why he hadn't come home.

She laughed and said, "Joann was over here hours ago. What do you need me to do?"

"Nothing right now. Maybe tomorrow I might have you come and sit with Emily while I go grocery shopping, if you would."

"Of course I will. What a silly question."

He ran a bubble bath for Emily and let her soak for an hour before telling her to get out. She came out wrapped in one of the fluffy terrycloth robes the hotel provided its guests.

"Drink another bottle of water then it's bedtime," he told her.

"It's like nine, how can I go to bed this early?"

"Just lie down and close your eyes is probably the easiest," he said with a smile.

It didn't take her long to go to sleep, Danny sat in a chair watching her for a long time.

Some kind of noise woke him and he opened his eyes. Emily was at the table. She was dressed and going through the wallet he had left on the table when he tipped the waiter.

In a sing song voice he asked, "What cha doing, Junie Moon?'

She jumped, trying to hide the wallet behind her back.

"I-I was thirsty, I was going to get a pop from the vending machine."

"Nice try, I give you a B for effort. Hand the wallet over and get back to bed. If you're that thirsty we have more water."

"Jesus, Danny, you see how I'm shaking? I'm dying here," she told him. "Just one drink, please?"

"I will hog tie you if I have to Emily," he said coldly.

"You were right, I hate you," she told him and stuck out her tongue.

"Get in bed, take off your clothes then hand them to me."

"Why, what are you talking about?" she asked confused.

"You can't run to the bar naked, can you?"

"Fuck you," she said as she aimed her flip flops at his head as she kicked them off. She turned her back, stripped off all her clothes and got in bed.

He gathered up her clothes and put them under the covers of his bed. He took his clothes off then on second thought put them and his wallet under there too.

He woke in the morning to the sound of retching. The bathroom door was open, Emily was naked on her knees gripping the toilet bowl and dry heaving.

He fished in the covers for her clothes and took them in to her.

"You OK," he asked gently.

"Fuck, does it look like I'm OK?" she asked. "I'm kneeling here puking and shivering like a dog shitting peach pits and you ask if I'm Ok. Fuck you, never speak to me again."

He dropped her clothes on the vanity and said, "Take a shower, you still stink from the alcohol oozing out of your pores. What do you want for breakfast?"

A loud moan was his only answer. He ordered two breakfast's and more water plus a pot of coffee.

He got dressed and while he waited for her and the food, he thought how nice Emily had looked from the back.

Emily managed to hold down a piece of French toast and a couple bites of scrambled eggs. And a bottle of water, of course.

They were at the clinic by eight thirty. They took three vials of blood from her, Emily joked that they better keep them away from open flames because of the alcohol content of her blood.

Dr. Wilson breezed into the room a little after nine and took a close look at Emily.

"Well, you look better than I thought you would after talking to Danny's aunt." He turned to Danny and asked, "Lots of water? Carbs and protein when her stomach can handle it?"

Danny nodded yes and Emily spoke up, "I'm right here Dr. Wilson."

"Yeah, but what the hell do you know? If you were so damned smart you wouldn't be in this condition. Surprisingly your liver and kidney functions look good. If you can stay off the sauce, it looks like you haven't done any permanent damage."

"Oh, doctor," Emily said sarcastically, "how can I ever thank you.?"

"Don't get smart with me young lady, it really pisses me off when somebody I brought into this world mistreats the gift of life."

Emily had the good grace to lower her head and mumble, "Sorry Dr. Wilson."

"So, how are you going to get the beautiful Miss Eastman back to the world of the sober?"

Danny explained his plan, the doctor nodded his head and said, "Sounds good, take some good multivitamins with you. Two a day for a couple weeks then one a day."

He asked Emily, "You on any medication?"

"Well, until recently I was on alcohol. Two quarts a day or until it didn't hurt anymore."

The doctor turned to Danny and said, "This what happens when you let them wear shoes and go to school."

He got up then leaning down, kissed her on the forehead. "Do as Danny ask's and come and see me when you get back."

When they got back to the hotel, they found a mountain of boxes and bags from Gander Outdoors were in the room. The receipt said no charge for delivery. It also noted the total weight at 460 pounds. Plus 360 for Emily and himself he still had nearly seven hundred left for food.

He called his mom and asked her if she could come to the hotel now. While they waited, they started unpacking the Gander order.

The Duluth packs were of course in the last box they opened, they started sorting and packing, trying to get about the same weight in each pack.

Danny's mom showed up and she had three empty packs with her. She handed Danny her keys and told him his duffle and Emily's pack were still in the car. He retrieved them then picked up his grocery list.

"Hey, Em," he asked, "anything special you want?"

She smiled and said, "Now that you mention it..."

"Yeah, right, good one, later."

When he carried the first box in, they were sitting with their heads nearly together, chattering away like they had when Emily was younger and it made him smile.

Emily and his mom went out with him to help carry. Two more trips and they had it all. The three of them piled everything on the bed then distributed it to the three empty packs.

When they were done Emily hugged Danny's mom. His mom gave her a kiss on the cheek and said, "It's good to see my girl again, not, well not whatever it was you were becoming."

Emily said, "I might be better pretty soon unless I shake myself to death."

Danny said, "Mom you brought Emily's stuff. Does this mean Joann and Bob don't want to see her before we go?"

"Nope, it means it's up to Emily."

Emily looked torn for a moment then said, "Tell them I'm sorry, I love them, I'll see them when I get back."

Bob Eastman showed up with his pickup the next morning to help haul everything to the airport.

Danny was grateful, it would have taken three trips with the car. Bob tried to avoid eye contact with Emily and stay out of her way.

Finally, Emily jumped in front of him and touched his chest, "Tag."

"OK, OK, just trying to give you the space you need honey."

"I know daddy, you're doing fine," she said smiling.

They had everything to the airport on time and quickly loaded and lashed down.

Emily gave her dad two hugs and said one was for mom.

With the floats on, the Beaver flew at about 150 knots but they still made it to the remote lake in two hours. They taxied to the dock and tied up. The pilot stayed inside and handed things out to Danny and Emily. The packs each weighed sixty pounds and weren't much of a problem for Danny. They weighed about half of what Emily did and she struggled, finally just setting them down and dragging them to the end of the dock.

They shook hands with the pilot, telling him they would see him in a month.

They got everything in the cabin and had started to put things away when Emily rushed out the door. Danny found her in the yard throwing up and shaking so hard she could hardly stand. He helped her inside and sat her at the table. He found a pitcher and went out to the sandpoint well, using the small hand pump to fill it. He got her to drink about half the glass and put her to bed. He checked on her later before heading to his own bed.

He woke up later when Emily climbed into bed with him. She was shaking badly and not from the cold. He held her close, they both took a long time to go to sleep. When he woke up it was light out. He could smell coffee and something cooking.

He went to the kitchen and found her dressed and smiling.

"About time you woke up," she said putting a plate of pancakes on the table.

He sat down and she brought her plate and a glass of water and sat next to him. He took a sip of his coffee and sighed in appreciation.

"How can you stand to drink that bitter nasty stuff. I couldn't drink it when I had a good stomach. I just took a sip and almost lost it."

"Are you sure you're from Minnesota? This is the Norwegian nectar, Swedish plasma."

Deadpan she said, "Eastman is English." Which got them both laughing.

After breakfast she asked if they could go fishing. They spent an hour getting their gear sorted out before they took the canoe out of the boathouse. They also found the minnow trap and threw it in off the end of the dock.

They had found a lake map in the boathouse with handwritten notes on it. They followed the curve of the lake to a small bay and tried their luck. They caught two good sized Northern's and a Walleye. It was a little choppy on the way back and Emily had to lie down as soon as they got back. She was better by supper and they fried the fish over a wood fire in the pit outside.

The next two weeks passed much the same way. A hearty breakfast, some fishing, relax in the afternoon, maybe take a nap, a nice supper. They would play cribbage or gin, put a jigsaw puzzle together, or play a game of scrabble. They were in bed by ten and up with the sun.

Late one afternoon Danny asked her if she wanted to go fishing, as they hadn't had any luck that morning.

"No, I'm in the middle of a good book, you go ahead."

"OK, I'm going to start a fire in the pit and let it burn down to coals. I want to wrap potatoes and fish in foil and bury them in the coals to cook. You'll have to put more wood on later if you remember."

"You got it, have fun, bring back Moby Dick."

Emily took a little nap on the couch and when she woke up, she laid on her back looking at the ceiling. There was a funny shadow coming from one of the huge ceiling beams. She got up and looked at it from several angles. Her curiosity got the best of her and she went to the shed and brought the step ladder in. She climbed up and discovered gold. Well, not gold exactly, just a nearly full bottle of golden bourbon.

With shaking hands, she took it from its resting place on top of the beam. She went to the sink to pour it out but instead picked up a glass. An hour later it was empty, Emily was feeling no pain. She remembered something about a fire and went outside.

That's it she said to herself, more wood. She piled the pit high with wood then sat back to watch it catch fire sending flames high in the air.

She sat staring mesmerized at the flames. When they had burned down a little, she picked up the metal poker to stir the fire. Losing her balance she fell face first toward the flames. She managed to get her hands out in front of her body. They landed in the bed of hot coals and she screamed and tried to get out of the fire. She finally managed to get out of the fire by putting her burnt hands further into the fire and pushing.

Danny was in sight of the cabin, but still maybe a quarter of a mile away when he heard the first screams. He dug his paddle in deep and got to shore as fast as he could. Leaping out of the canoe he rushed to the fire.

Emily was on her knees holding her burnt hands to her chest and screaming. He picked her up and carried her into the water. Quickly he got her hands in the cool water. She finally stopped screaming and slowed to a whimper.

"Come on," he said helping her up, "we have to get in the light so I can see how bad it is."

He got her in the cabin and over to the sink. Looking at her hands he sighed with relief when he didn't find any third-degree burns. Pulling the industrial sized first aid kit off the shelf he took out some tweezers and carefully pulled bits of burnt wood from her palms. He opened four packets of burn cream and smeared them gently over her burns. There were already large blisters on her hands. He wrapped her hands in gauze then examined the rest of her.

One side of her head had half the hair singed off. Her face on that side looked like it was badly sunburned. He opened another burn cream and spread it onto her face.

He took a pair of scissors and cut away the singed ends of her hair. He was about to ask her what had happened when he saw the empty bottle on the floor by the couch.

Emily saw where he was looking and started crying. He sat down on a chair and pulled her onto his lap. He held her and let her cry, trying to hide his own tears from her.

She was in no shape to eat so he had a solitary supper and cleaned up.

Emily asked if she could go to bed and he said sure, probably the best thing. She stood in the doorway and held her hands up helplessly.

He shook his head and followed her into the bedroom and got her clothes off and her sleeping pants and long T shirt on her. He blew out the lantern and they went to bed.

A few hours later she woke him up saying, "I have to pee."

He mumbled, "Go ahead then."

"What am I supposed to do, pee my pants and drip dry?" she asked.

"I suppose not, let me get dressed."

He led the way to the outhouse, holding the flashlight. She went in and turned to face him. He pulled down her pants and panties so she could sit down. He waited to hear the splashing sound and after a minute she said she couldn't go with him watching. He put the flashlight pointing up on the seat next to her and closed the door. A minute later she told him to come in. He used a few sheets of toilet paper and ran them over her crotch.