Tenderness on the Block Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She began to cry, "What about us Martin?"

"Still not an us anymore Robin, but I will help you finish up here and get you home...I called your parents while I was waiting for my return flight and they thanked me for being good to you."

"I don't deserve you Martin..."

"No, no you don't but despite you killing our marriage -- I'm not so callous to leave you stranded here."

Thank you for your kindness."

"Besides, I'm technically still your husband for the next few weeks, now do you want some dinner dear?"

"Yes dear, some Cornish Pasties please, and an Irn Bru too."

"I'll have it delivered but I'm going into the family waiting room to call our landlord and make an office appointment for tomorrow, the doctor said you should be going home tomorrow."

She kissed the back of his hand, squeezing it tightly -- then she let go and lay down to rest her eyes, eyes that were crying for the loss of Tricia Fenchurch.

--------Epilogue--------

Four days later after dealing with the rental situation and getting an almost full refund for the remaining balance, they were flying into L.A.X., to meet her parents...but it was a brief interaction as he had to board his flight to Vegas.

"Thank you for bringing our wayward daughter back to us" said her mother as she hugged him.

"And good luck with Death by Dawn in Vegas," added her father shaking his hand.

(First week of June)

The work on Death by Dawn was finished and all Denys, Angela, and Martin had to work on was hiring (Angela), menu design (Denys and Martin), interiors and advertising (everyone except Martin). Martin was glad to be distracted from his personal problems and knew they would be over by time the grand opening came around on July 17th.

(July 17th)

It was noon and a crowd had gathered outside of Death by Dawn and Misery, Denys picked up the microphone from the portable speaker and began to talk...

"Hello everybody, I'm Denys Patrique Ryan and this beautiful expecting lady is my wife Dawn -- we are the owners of both Death by Dawn and Misery..." a round of applause broke out.

"I moved here to Sin City a little over five years ago and opened Misery, the first (and so far only) Goth nightclub in downtown Las Vegas. After marrying Dawn on the winter solstice last year I decided that I wanted to expand my, err -- our" he looked sheepishly at Dawn who rolled her eyes at him "business family and decided to buy up the four adjacent lots to Misery to create a diverse and inclusive Goth 'cultural corridor' and thus 'The Block' was born..." another round of applause.

The first addition came about as I was tired of not having a place with a good 'Full English' breakfast near Misery -- so I decided to make my own Goth Gastro Pub and recruited my Major Domo, Angela Taylore's brother Martin to be head of 'cookery'" Martin waved his right arm at the crowd and amongst the applause took a bow.

"We plan to open a new business every year for the next three years and then in the fourth year we will have our inaugural 'Gothfest' during the last weekend of 'Gothtober' and now here's Martin..."

"Thanks Denys, hello everyone I have studied in the U.K. and The Republic of Ireland to learn the regional cuisine and we offer every regional version of the 'Full Breakfast*' all day, with the 'Full English Breakfast' or 'Death by Dawn' being our signature meal and our signature dessert is 'Spotted Nick' our version of the British giggle inducing named steamed pudding and for the young or young at heart we offer 'Fish Fingers and Custard' served with Irn Bru and of course being of Scottish decent - lots of good fried food...because as a wise man named The Doctor* once said "you're Scottish -- fry something!"

"In addition to our staple beverages, we will have a monthly rotating line of brews, ciders, and sodas for a year, where you can vote on your favourites also we will offer a 'flight' of any of the beverages to expedite your tasting judgment and next Gothtober the winners will be added to our menu permanently."

"Speaking of tasting judgment, today only we are offering two for one on mixed 'Full Breakfasts' with the purchase of two beverages and offering a free Irn Bru for kids 12 and younger" he turned around to open the door to the pub "welcome to Death by Dawn."

Martin decided to put relationships on the backburner until the second anniversary of Death by Dawn and was looking forwards to many, many years in 'Sin City'.

"They say this place is evil, that ain't why I stay...join me in D.T.L.V."

12