All Comments on 'Terrible Taste In Tees'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 421 Comments (Page 2)
DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I think this story is the second type

The reconciliation stories have two types:

1. RAAC: One of the earlier spouses do not deserve the reconciliation and the dishonest or cheating will be again later (after 1-3-5 years).

2. Succesful Reconciliation: The opposite of the earlier definition.

We readers can discuss on a story it is the first or the second type.........

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
Interesting read

Entertaining. Absorbing. I had some issues with the plot, but that is the way the author wanted it and I'll accept it, as is. But . . .

The beginning third of the story was dynamite. The middle third was a rudderless ship, floundering. The final third was an improvement over the middle, but still a bit soft.

Everything Chris touched turned to gold, literally. It would have been more realistic if occasionally he failed at something, as well as those around him. Those are my comments, now the criticisms.

There will be thousands of reader/hours devoted to this story, so the author owes those readers a thoroughly cooked product. If he had just let a friend read it before publishing it, those countless typos, wrong words and incomplete sentences could have been eliminated. And learning how to use the possessive apostrophe would have helped. Finally, one of my pet peeves. Look up the rule for using "too" and remember it when appropriate.

This author has written some outstanding stories. This one is good, but not among the top tier.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Not a BTB

And very well done. I like the way you brought the Characters to life all of them. the way they stood by each other. and watched each others back. like true friends do.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 10 years ago
I really like this

I became obvious that they would reconcile at some later time and I enjoyed the progression to that point. Nicely done, and I thank the author, qhml1, for this little gem.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Not BTB story

What a great read and really enjoyed the story. Some parts of the story did not really go any where, however the author did a great job in drafting, plotting, and bring out the characters.

IMO it is easy yo write about a BTB story and very hard to write a plausible, emotional torment, feeling, forgiveness etc.

So fir me this was a great story.

TexasAttyTexasAttyover 10 years ago
The characters are a little too familiar

Others have mentioned it, but I'll pile on anyway. And, by the way, this "critical" review should not in any way be taken as negative. I wouldn't take the time if I didn't think the writer had a particular gift for story-telling.

The protagonists in your stories all seem to be perfection personified. They are all sturdy, hard-working, thriving and doing what needs to be done either to advance in a career or nurture a business to success, and still, of course aggressively faithful to his wife, his community, and his friends. Very often the lead seems just on the cusp of wild success when he learns of infidelity, and that's when he marshals his considerable forces to gather evidence to ensure the faithless floozie gets nothing in the divorce. In this case, "nothing" was limited to exactly what was in the pre-nip. Nothing more. Now, not for nothing, I'm a divorce attorney and I have crafted hundreds of prenups. Usually the cases settle amiably along the terms of the pre-nip. That's what pre-nips are for. It's a device that comes up more and more in these loving wives stories and, to my mind at least, it's just a distraction. All go a step further. There was no drama involved in getting everything except the house. It didn't particularly make Chris look good, and didn't put a particular strain on Brie. Unless you're doing a BTB stories (which, frankly, I think is an underuse of this author's talents), why mention that stuff at all? It didn't add to the stories at all.

In this case, you put your protagonist into an "arty" profession, but with none of the sensibilities one might normally find in artists. Indeed he seems disdainful of other artists with whom he studied, and stuffed female artists of his time into one of several well-worn boxes. He''s dresses like a Yuppie lumberjack, looks like a marine, has the artistic vision and touch of Van Gogh, but with a little tea party thrown in for good measure ("Jungle Bunnies"?, Really? Also, Oriental is desperately out of fashion to describe someone of Asian dissent.)

But what defines all of your male leads, besides their Midas-like golden touches and superior intellects? They are usually the salt of the earth, a friend to all, and not just a friend, the most loyal and hardworking of friends and his friends all reciprocate. He also has an ultra conservative view of sex and marriage. That's not a value statement. Of all his qualities, that's the one I think you're most likely to find in real life. But it's one strike your out and, BTW, he would NEVER consider sex with someone else while he's married. In fact, he has a hard time with the idea even after they've been separated and before the final decree has been issued. This guy, as with most of your protagonists, is Barbie's Ken, but with genitals. He's a 12-year old fantasy of the perfect male. Well, maybe 16 because of the genital thing. He perfect in every way. Even Mary Poppins was only "practically perfect."

One point about the women and we'll get back to the protagonist. While the men represent a child's view of perfection, the woman are typically a horny guy's vision of the perfect woman.

Anyway, I think your reliance on these tropes detract from your story. Moreover, I think you're one of only a few writers who could do away with them entirely and come up with something unique, compelling and thoroughly and delightfully unpredictable.

I won't tell you how to develop a character, but look at some recent male character's in popular culture. Hugh Laurie's Gregory House leaps to mind. He's completely broken as a man. He has one friend and even he doesn't like him much. He drives away anyone who tries to get close, he's a misanthrope, a drug addict, ego maniacal and one of the most thoroughly interesting characters in television. Same is true to a somewhat lesser degree for Jax Shephard in Son's of Anarchy and Raylen Givens on Justified. They are all deeply flawed and sometimes, they give in to their dark sides. And we love them.

Not only are they frequently wrong, they can be wrong to devastating affect. They may be smart (sometimes frustratingly so), and witty, and you'd certainly want them on your side in a knife fight, but they have very dark sides, flawed relationships, and "issues."

I'd really love to see you throw away the book. I don't care if you resolve your stories with reconciliation or complete annihilation. Just make the character's more compelling. Create a deeply flawed lead character and then put him in the moral dilemma at the root of all LW stories. That would be something to see.

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago
A very interesting story!

I agree with many of the comments! I loved reading your story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

likeboblikebobover 10 years ago

What a long, drawn out , crappy story. IMHO one of your worst efforts.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
TexasAtty has it correct.

Do you want to know the character I recall the most of all your stories? Now, I haven't read them all, but you know I've read a bunch.

It was the lady on the phone. Seriously.

That publisher lady on the phone. She called, she railed at him, she insulted him, she had smokers cough (IIRC). She was hard bitten, cynical, hard working and rough around the edge...but you got this sense that she really wished life was different. That when she met a guy like (generic perfect protagonist), she'd make a few adjustments to her reality. She felt real. Black Amazon and Asian BFF? Not so much.

The soppy, weepy, wives? The rebound girls? The heros? Not a one.

Sorry...I tell a lie. I also recall Annie (for obvious reasons, seeing things with her eyes) and the wife of the dead lawyer in 'Pig'. Not sure why she stands out except that I reread that recently.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago

The publisher lady from 'You can't do that'.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
HDK pointed out all the problems.

But it was an interesting piece and I admit that I was yelling NO,NO when he took her after the divorce. When the artificial baby bump was mentioned I knew where the reconciliation was coming from. I could have left out large chunks of the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
agree

L D O worst effort tale. didn't finish it

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
qhml1 ...

Ever consider politics?

"Why you ask?"

Simple .. When it comes to your readers, you have a uncanny ability with subterfuge, spin control, & slight of hand! How else could you hope to trick the reader into believing that a LOW LIFE, DISGUSTING, CUM DUMP, WHORE (sub Bree's name here if you prefer) is capable of being a lady (oxymoron), a faithful wife & a fit mother?!?

Considering the nature & history of this TRAMP, it's not "if" but "when"!!! Being an unfaithful, cheating skank is second nature to this WHORE ... almost as natural as it is for Chris to accept the Horns that the WHORE has superglued to his head! Yet you use your considerable writing skills (lot of scribing in the closet while watching your wife/girlfriend I'm guessing) attempting to "spin" the deceit and ,convince the reader that Bree is really innocent of - "real" adultery, that it was just "sex"', she loves only Chris and YEARS of fucking other cocks should not only be forgiven by Chris ... but MUST be forgiven to preserve the RAAC (reconciliation at all cost) ,theme!

Clearly the need for someone with your delusional thinking .. who either fails to see the truth or is unwilling to tell it ... who is determined to excuse the actions of the criminal while blaming the victim .. Is great!

So considering the underlying RAAC history of you stories, your need to neuter & fault your innocent male leads and MOST IMPORTANTLY shift blame away from the WHORE wife, you have a bright future awaiting you in our nations cesspool/capital!

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 10 years ago
Just havta' luv "Anonymous"

Why do they hide their 'snarkiness' behind the infamous "Anonymous"

Good Read, enjoyable plot and GOOD Diversion

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Liked it

Some d*ick h**ds in the comments seem to be confusing their miserable lives with the stories on here. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
oh...no

not another chocko turd boston to b'ham tale gurly tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Criticism

I really enjoyed reading this story. The story flow is good and the emotional scenes came off really well.

Overall I had red mist at places, eye mist at others and a good dose of entertainment everywhere.

Now the criticism.

Overall it's a great fantasy, the problem is that it feels a tad too much like a fantasy.

1. Business-wise it was too easy for Chris and gang to succeed. Real-world - behind every great wealth hides a great crime ... Which is a truism, unfortunately.

2. Bree's cheating motivations are glossed over - her 'on-location'' behavior would be difficult to hide when she was younger, before Chris meet her, and young men being young men she should have a somewhat skanky reputation by the time they met.

Men hunt, instinctively. And a lot of hunters need to display their kills. Which translates to trophies. And bragging.

What makes it harder to accept is that Chris is succesful, which makes him an alpha male. Which women invariably respond to. This means it would be more natural for Bree, as his mate, NOT to stray unless Chris really sucks in bed or is emotionally unresponsive.

Therefore for Bree to cheat, it would have to be something driven. Personal demons would be a natural assumption.

3. Bree's transition from playgirl/skank to sober responsible mother also deserves further treatment.

My take on this story is that it is about growing up, and Bree is the central character, not Chris. Ironically it is Chris that feels flat and one-dimensional despite more airtime.

I really appreciate your time and effort in writing, the least I could do is return the favor and to take the time and make the effort to tell you honestly how your efforts came off.

You have great writing skills. You just need to have more patience in developing each main character.

Thank you for the pleasure of your writing.

- ChippyPan

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Don't Understand....

I just don't understand how this man can take her back. Did he forget what she did to him the 1st year they were married and the last year when she cheated and cheated, not once or twice but for 2 full years? Did he forget what he heard in the office? I'm not a true BTB follower, but he has to let her go completely for his own sanity and manhood. No matter how beautiful, how built or how sexy she was, how can he take her back and remain a Man. The child complicates things but he can still be in his life without her. This was a very good story-well written and entertaining, except I disagree with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Idiots

Amazing story, these idiots making comments about this seeming to be a fairy-tale seem to forget that this is a story as in fiction. I'm a major supporter of the BTB type stories but this one gets five stars from me. Love how the story shows Bree slowly learning about how wrong and irresponsible her choices pre-divorce and pre-child discovery were. To those that keep crying about how a Man wouldn't be able to take her back you aren't a Man. She learned from her past and improved upon the person she was. Fantastic story, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thumbs Down

I read about five pages before I smelled a cuck story. Luckily, I skipped to the end and voila! the story morphed into a wimp's paradise! Glad I didn't waste any more time.

wizard724wizard724about 10 years ago
Good Read

Worth 6 stars. Wish it was longer, I love real life love stories even if they are just fiction. Thanks

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Very well sone -

Not too long to read and enjoy.

I agree this ended up being more about Bree growing into a better person and how long it took for her to "get it", but that works - Chris had a cross to bear and held onto it very tightly heh. Chris had issues as well and he took a while to get past them. He clearly would not be happy without Bree and once Tina was in the picture it was a dine deal - he is too much of a control freak to not be there for his child. He also needed to resolve the anger - which he started the night Tina was conceived even if he did not realize it them - he should have by the way.

Since this is all fiction none of it needs to "work in RL" but the way you built it well - it does. The business parts are bit too perfect - so what it could happen. The relationships all seem reasonable if extreme and coincidental involving the same guy - but that is what makes a story worth reading - all the neat stuff in it. If the coincidences did not happen it would not be worth telling the story heh.

Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Loved it...

Catholics can have honest confessions and do penance and be forgiven...

Why should a man not be able to eventually forgive someone they love after the person does some honest penance...?

What she did was wrong, yes, no doubt... and while you can't really make up for something like that (stupidity) she clearly was a different person from when she was younger...

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
just one, tiny, little, trivial detail

Q, I gotta say that I really enjoyed this story. I won't bother with my usual multitude of comments as there are already enough to spare. Especially from the usual suspects in both the crapulous lynchmob and the polylovers camp. Terrific assortment of responses for the complex ideas you imagineered this story around.

My only quibble is the character of J. The attorney, an honest attorney, a socially conscious attorney, an attorney who does not screw over his own clients for a quick buck, a fair-minded, publicly responsible attorney, hahahahahahahahahah!

Sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face any longer. The character of J impels this story beyond fiction to surreal fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Well written but I was seriously pissed I invested the time to read 10 pages for a reconciliation story. It started out so well and by the time I realized where the story was going I was too far in to quit reading.

green117green117about 10 years ago
Not entirely realized...

I suspect that this was cut from something a bit larger.

Most of my women friends who are notably attractive have been compromised at some point in their past. The pressure attractive women are under is intense.

The section:

"I'm certain she still loves loves you. I saw some of the film, read the report. I'm sure it was brutal for you. But there's some history that you're not aware of, something that may have a bearing on your feelings. We'll explore it in our joint sessions. But if you could look at her situation without getting emotional, it might change your mind."

seems to allude to that.

However, it was not developed, with the slanging on marriage counselors taking precedence.

I agree that the actual character development was done by the female lead, whereas the male lead seemed rather static.

At one point I think Alice James, ace attorney was swapped into Anne.

I admit to being pulled into the emotional thrill of a revenge done well - but there seemed to be so much more that could have been done with the concept.

Still, much better than most.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hates whores but loves

smoking fat cocks... what a fucking weirdo....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Actually, five stars because you did an excellent job of turning this reader from wanting a BTB story to hoping for reconciliation. You had the ex making a great argument at the end. She was a different person. She had matured. He was right in divorcing her. She was right in letting him go. And by pure luck, they were brought back together again after the passage of significant time. Either could have just as easily found someone else and would have probably moved on rather well. But fate pulled some strings and I was happy to see them start over. Loved it.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Meh

I once worked as a photographer`s assistant for a short time after college. I quickly learned that there is nobody more self-obsessed on the planet than models! Single, married, boyfriends or girlfriends, it didn`t matter! Anything goes, as long as it feeds their egos! You might think that seeing perfect bodied babes in skimpy clothes would be a great job, but it`s soul-crushing. Nobody stays in the industry for too long, unless they have no conscience or soul. I lasted 2 months before I was homicidal.

All the characters in this were too egotistical and narcissistic to be likeable. With all the swapping and orgies going on, I`m surprised that he was so upset about Bree`s whoring.

Speaking of Bree, What a piece if work that one is! She fucks around with men, women and dogs for the entire time they knew each other, and saw nothing wrong with it! She also knew that his fondest wish was to have kids, but denied him because she wanted to stay a whore, and when she finally did have his child, she kept it a secret from him! What a bitch. Funny thing though, all she had to do to get him to forgive all was to tell him he was a daddy. "It`s all fixed now that I`m a daddy, so where will we be swinging this weekend?"

Swinging, swapping, orgies and nudists. Meh, no thanks. And the worst degenerates of all-fucking ARTISTS! Get a real job, and stop pretending you're special!

Also, Rorschach is not a good name for a dog, unless he is a ruthless maniac that will smash your face in! Good boy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story

And well told. Dragged out a little but I never lost the characters or the plot. Didn't vote 'cause I didn't really like the way it panned out. Not a btb guy, more sort of zero tolerence.

Norm

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

So she cheats on him repeatedly from the beginning of their relationship, keeps his daughter from him for a year and he still takes her back?!!!!!!!! I guess she was right after all.... he would forgive her as long as she cried and apologized long enough.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Get Real, Anonymous

A divorce, with years of separation, is hardly the kind of forgiveness she was talking about.

In any case, while I'm usually not a fan of reconciliation in the face of blatant cheating, in SOME cases, especially following a LONG separation, is it really that much different than hooking up with someone who cheated on a prior spouse?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Why does the cheating cunt get a happy ending? Getting knocked up? Pay support but keep the cunt away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
One of the most masterfully written story, ever !

Unlike most stories on this site, I have eagerly devoured every word. This just could not get any better ! Thank you qhml.

'annie' the dreaded anon.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Jeepers!

I downloaded this months ago and forgot about it, but picked it up the other day.

I read nearly all the comments too, and I have to say you got a lot of good, I mean helpful remarks.

I thought it was all pretty much 'over the top', but I enjoyed it just the same. To be sure I might have been more critical had I read it when you first put it out, but the recent supply of halfway good stories is so slim now this tale was what I needed.

Owing to the length there were the expected ebbs and flows. For me the moment of truth came when Chris had separated from Bree and met 'M'. At that juncture I thought this would be a long reconciliation or he'd go for the woman who was Bree's absolute opposite. I wanted the reconciliation and skipped to the very end to check. Once I discovered he and Bree would reunite I went back and enjoyed the rest of the story.

Not a lot of tension as with some tales, a little overmuch on the careers, and too much travel for me, but easily still a five. One last thing; goatees just don't work for me. I see a guy with a goatee and I want to pull down my fly and tell him to get on his knees. I hope Bree put a razor to that.

shaman43shaman43almost 10 years ago
So good

Damn! Once again clicked one of your stories. Meant to read part of it then read the rest some other time. Nope. One sitting even though I did not have the time. Ouch. You remain the master of syntax and style. Your words flow and the story moves smoothly. This story had the first jar in flow of any and it was such a small thing. The old editor in my would have red lined it but it was more that you are so good with words it stopped me momentarily. In one of your sentences you were writing about Bree using a pronoun. Later in the same sentence you switch to Tina and changing her I think using an objective pronoun. A small thing but a writer of your quality might want to know even if it does not hinder the story at all in plot or character development. I await anything by you with great glee. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
strength

Dear Mr/s qhml1

I am not sure if you read your comments but I would like to say that I really enjoyed your work. I was really impressed by the people your characters became and how you made them come alive. I especially liked how you took the time to cover your characters with flesh and blood. I was also impressed at how strong you made your male character, giving him the courage to move through the horrible experiences of his past and succeed in building a new future with the women he loved. I am glad that you didn't allow his hurt and bitterness to turn this story into slash and burn fest.

To quote Shakespeare "The quality of mercy is not strain'd,It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:It blesseth him that gives and him that takes." Mercy cannot be bought or sold It must be given freely with a open heart for it to mean anything.

Thank you for a tale where the quality of mercy had a chance to save two lives and influence several more.

Yours,

SUSAN

takastetakasteover 9 years ago
ending.

The heart wants, what the heart wants. 'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very good

until the gay, inter racial, choco turds bull crap.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A great story

Since discovering literotica I have looked forward to reading your new offerings.

This is a charming story well told. Keep up the good work. Please don't pay attention to the narrow minded bigots of the world.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
Good stuff

Great character development. Very well written story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
great story

love the whole story. it showed the emotions of each character in every aspect of the story. one of the stories that is hard to put down cuz it traps you so much. keep writing as I love how your stories twist and turns all the way through

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
@karene

I agree and disagree. I am a little confused as to timeline that said though as one had said the heart wants what the heart wants. She screwed up royally. He left her for years. Was he a wimp? I personally don't think so. That said though. He went off and tried the sport fucking. But what a great many people seemed to have missed was that his all encompassing desire was children. He wanted that more than anything, More than all of king midas' s gold. He held on to he can't trust her even as much as he loved her. He called a spade a spade in councelling. He should have asked his therapists if. They wanted to swap. That would have gone over like a fart in church on sunday. I still can't believe that the therapists offered an open marriage.

That said it took many many years to even talk with her. The fact that he slept with her after all those years wasn't meant as reconciliation. It was just sex. But when she had the child she didn't trust him enough. He manned up and took action and did the right thing. He kept denying himself the truth that he loved her more than life itself. She was a little spoiled bitch who had to grow up in a hurry. Her worst betrayel was the child. He almost destroyed himself in that. But once again he manned up and did the right thing. She finally learned her lesson. When she came back to him she finally realized what she needed and how ro put him first.

Most reconciliations fail due to a lack of loce. He had to truly get beyond his pain. If his friends wouldn't have been there for him and taken care of him he may never have gotten over it. In a small sense he didn't. But, try as he might he still loved her. Loved her enough to walk away. When they fot nack together YEARS later he saw through her actions that she could finally be the woman he deserved. A child can show that woman how to finally be true to her man. Anyway what is right for him may not be right for everyone but they made it work. I believe that without Leslie and Mary they would have been doomed to failure.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TRIPLE "T" s IS A FORTUNE 500 THAT

puts into perspective, the rise and fall of Entrepeneurism. TK U MLJ LV NV

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Happy Holidays To You Too

An awesome read. There's always something about the reconciliation after years apart that seems so realistic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

My late wife and I divorced and got back together again 3 years later, A very nice story, Bought back a lot of fond memories for me as the one year anniversary looms (02/02/2014) of my wife's dying. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very Well Done !!

Good read, very entertaining. Sweet ending although the inclusion of M and Les was over-done, including the portions of Chris fathering their kids. I don't much care for bi and other fruity stuff though, but that's just me.

qhml1 is one of the better writers I've run across on Literotica, and I try to check out all of his stuff. Highly recommended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Better after a second read!

To heck with nay-Sayers, should they have separated and stayed apart for as long as they had, you bet. Healing time, even without Tina getting into the mix, the way this story was heading, the two were destine to be back together. :) Keep your stories coming, by the way if you have any books out there I'm interested.

WoodButcher57

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

Excellent writing.

Anger at the wife at first, then sorrow for her, and him.

You had us rooting for them both at the end.

Very good work. thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really a great story. Talented author!

As to not deleting negative comments..only proves that you are truly an author far above the majority of authors who post here. Broad shoulders!

MartyMBMartyMBabout 9 years ago
Great story

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I also enjoy the LW tales that end with reconciliation, something that happens more rarely than I'd like. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love

I loved your story, couldnt stop reading it . I always like happy endings and this was perfect. Thank you and please ........Never stop Writing.

With love: A happy fan

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
Marvelous story

I just loved it,please keep writing

5 of the most easiest stars 5*****

ambush184ambush184almost 9 years ago
a bit long

But well worth the time. I had a feeling it might head the direction it did just by the way he didn't find someone. Didn't see the entire route though. I enjoyed it.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Play it again, Sam...

q, Lots of Love and Lots of Hate covered in this story. And the comments are a reflection of the familial turmoil portrayed.

q, I agree with you about not deleting negative comments. Personally I love the hate mail and death threats I get. The dopes are revealing to me that I am absolutely correct in my expression of my creativity.

The story is as long as it is as long as the writer decided to write it. If you lack the endurance to read more than Cliff Notes, try the Readers Digest condensed stories.

And as always, it is so damn hilarious at all the haters spewing their venom at fictional characters, in fictional situations, with fictional outcomes. Yet these paragoons of prepubertal pudeurish pomposity continue to return to wallow in the stories they propound to hate?

seekerazseekerazalmost 9 years ago
@fanfare I don't know a single successful author

who doesn't benefit from an editor who edits and tightens their copy. To imply that such cuts and refinements reduce stories to Cliff Notes or Reader's Digest Condensed Books seems pretty arrogant to me.

Of course you may be a titan in the field with a name that would blow us all away from your fame and prowess but right now you just seem condescending.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
*****

I enjoyed the tale. I've liked your LW work since the beginning. Only saw one boo boo in this story. You called Rorschach a male on page nine. Despite being a BTB person, I still think your work was good. Cheers!

warrenmwarrenmalmost 9 years ago
Love it

This is probably the third time I have read this story. I still love reading it. Thank you

jimbo103jimbo103almost 9 years ago
i enjoyed it

but, i loved the end too.

the arrogance of youth, hope we all can oneday come to terms with our mistakes in the past.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Torn By This One!

“he loves me to much not to forgive me” – And of COURSE, she loves HIM too (not ‘TO’) much not to forgive HIM if he cheated on HER, right? Right?

“I'll miss you, probably wear out a vibrator reminiscing, but you'll never see me again.” – The fact that she would be wearing out vibrators “reminiscing” doesn’t speak well of her.

“To actually see it, see how she really was. Boy, that plan backfired." – Well, he was warned not to watch it, so why did he, if he even had a passing thought to forgive her?

“Accused me of sleeping with you." – As Les said, she has a lot of nerve accusing HIM of cheating!

“Said it didn't matter, if she could just talk to you she could straighten it all out.” – I know I’ve said this many times before, but if HE was the one who cheated, would there be ANY amount of “talking” that could “straighten it all out”?

"How could you? I never loved anyone like I love you. I thought you loved me too." – How could HE?! How could SHE! She has a funny way of showing her love, and he DID love her too, that’s why HE didn’t sleep with other women when she was out of town!

"It was going to stop, honey.” – Big FUCKING deal! It should never have STARTED!

“But there's some history that you're not aware of, something that may have a bearing on your feelings.” – If she has some history that might somehow explain/excuse her cheating, maybe she should have disclosed it to him BEFORE they got married? And why weren't WE ever told this history?

“It wasn't cheating, Chris.” – The fact that she STILL doesn’t consider it cheating, doesn’t bode well if he DID take her back!

"How could you? We'll never get back together if you're fucking those sluts." – LOL, she just DOESN’T get it!

With all his money, why is being able to stay at the resort for free such a big deal?

“The woman who cheated on her husband with multiple partners without a libido." – Actually, a bit of poetic justice!

Bree getting pregnant by him, HOPEFULLY not on purpose, but in any case not letting him know is unforgivable! And then doing it AGAIN, this time ADMITTEDLY on purpose? He should co-sign the loan, then say that she should have Amy bring the kids over or their visits.

I don't know, the first time I read this I accepted him taking her back, but on re-reading, the undisclosed pregnancies, and the DEMAND that he take her back, well, it may have hurt him, but I think he should have just turned his back and walked away, leaving her crying on her knees!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Its OK, because it doesn't make any difference.

He divorced her. Good. He never got over her, and she never got over him. She grew up and wised up, and he wasn't going anywhere without her. So the wiser and more experienced couple got back together and lived happily ever after, we are told. And its where you end up that counts, right? Because of his undying love and desire for her, he cannot punish her without punishing himself. And since she has now born the loss, wised up, and is actually a good woman for someone, why not be a good woman for him? In marriage, all's well that ends well. If you finish in heaven, why hold on to the memory of the hell you went through to get there? Be happy they made it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a life told here

Thank you for a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon read. Engaging characters, twisty plot, and syntax in good order. What more can a reader ask? Oh, yeah ...free!

SirOsissSirOsissover 8 years ago

I'm no writer, but I am an avid reader. I hope this doesn't offend you, but I do not think this story belongs on Literotica. The sex scenes were short, and way to far between. I don't think I even got a half of a woody while reading this.

That being said, this was one of the most engrossing stories I've ever read. I could not stop reading. It brought me from laughing out loud (literally) to tears in several instances. I found myself caring about the characters, truly the epitome of any storyteller, and completely unable to stop reading. Congratulations on spinning a fine tale that commands the reader's complete attention.

This is my first time commenting on a story, and I've been an active member for many years. Thank you for sharing this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
9.9999 stars

Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but I've come to the conclusion that as you get to know them some characters you just like too much for a HEA not to happen, like those in this story . So as they lived their lives in your head, Q, there just had to be a feelgood ending. Good, Very Good! You are a great writer and I hope to enjoy many more of your musings.

DHL

brujaybrujayover 8 years ago
The Best..................

Damn I love this story. Third time is still a charm.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.

Brujay

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Old

This old BTB must be getting old.

Thanks, it was a feel good one .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent Read

Actually, I think you could sell at least a million reads of this on Amazon or in a romance novel in paperback.

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
chris

let's call him chuck, but wait there's more....wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I know it's fictional...

...and fair play as it is up to author to decide the storyline and ending. Too many people express their 'opinions' whilst taking this as a real thing. ( I for one would never take back a cheating spouse, but that's in real world).

Now the story itself is great, well written , did good job on developing characters. I enjoyed reading it, even if the outcome might have caused some conflicting emotions, I know how to distinguish reality from fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

well written but got to say the part where those 2 women were worshipping him lessend my interresed and when it became appent he would take the slut wife back i completly lost interest so i stopped reading it i know its just a story but i do like it when its atleast remotely possible and this is just to far fetched that i would call it sience fiction

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

"My lawyer thought it was unfair” – If HIS business is excluded, why is it unfair to exclude HER business?

“And I have a letter to Sherry here. None of this is her fault, she tried to get her to stop” – That may be, but she didn’t tell YOU! She knows that the wife of a major client is cheating on him, and doesn’t tell him? At a MINIMUM, she should have told Bree that if she didn’t stop IMMEDIATELY she would no longer use her, even if she was the best her agency had.

“we've seen couples that have come to unusual solutions to overcome their differences, including 'open' marriages.” – Yes, with MUTUAL agreement! NOT with one party deciding unilaterally to open up THEIR side of the marriage!

“Sometimes, if she caught a girl wavering, she'd tell her her story.” – Big deal! Her story isn’t exactly a morality tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for a good LW story

You all know dear annony hates it so it must be really good. Merry Christmas asshole annony

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
This one is a bit too much

It is an entertaing read. However, it is a very unrealistic fantasy from start to finish.

EdwardalanzoEdwardalanzoabout 8 years ago
All the whiners need to be quiet

A VERY well, tasteful story.

Some people will probably say it's unrealistic but unless they've ever been in a Cheating wife situation, where the husband still loves the ex, even though she cheated, then they need to keep their mouths shut.

It's been 10 years for me now, and I still love my ex, ... though there is no way in hell I'd ever get back with her. My ex tore out my heart after 32 years of marriage. And in many ways like Bree, she didn't know what she had. Now she's alone. The love-of-her-life (her boyfriend) decided he was going to make up with 'his' wife so my ex is alone, has no boyfriend, doesn't date, and I've moved over 2000 miles away. I'm still single but I date when I feel like it. But unlike this story, there is no way I'd ever get back with my ex. Without trust and fidelity there can be no marriage.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
just another chuck story

rich boy renamed chuck then EVERYBODY became whores to justify the story???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thoughtful

This is an interesting story from someone who usually writes well. It took a while and aa bit of extra reading, and although a bit too long, it belongs with one of your masterpieces. Nice going!

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
You write so well I gave it four BUT

No one so cold and conniving deserves to be with such a good dude, I don't believe a person can change that much, I wanted to two it but you write too darn well. OldBearSwitch

tompo296tompo296about 8 years ago
Another Excellent tale

Well Done. Since I have been reading the many genres on Lit since I joined, I can honestly say that your stories continue to ones of the best quality containing a variety of emotions. These feelings range from empathy to anger as the characters progress through their scenarios.

Brilliant more stories please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well writen

The problem is that you don't really explore the issues the characters would have with the cheating or the reconcilliation, you just gloss over them. In a reconcilliation story it is important, at least to me, that all the psychological issues of the characters be explored. This glossing over the issues is something I have seen happen in a lot of your stories.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Stunning!

Once again you have yanked my heartstrings to a fare-thee-well. I shed more than a few tears over this one, some of joy, some not, but all heartfelt.

I had a job as a photographers assistant once, many decades ago. I got to load and unload the cameras. I saw some awesome models of both genders, and got to be a little more than friends with several. Our lives were certainly unlike this story, which makes this even more poignant.

I'm very glad that you used this structure on which to hang a tale that shows the stress and strain, and the necessity of growing up. Thanks for understating the change in Bree's morals. Yeah, she was out of control and didn't understand that some of us couldn't accept what she considered normal, but eventually both of them became adults. The journey was not a simple one and had many twists and turns, and throughout it you maintained an admirable focus on your main story line.

I know how difficult it is to keep control of the writing when the devil rides your shoulder, yelling out what needs to be next. Several times I've inadvertently written several pages where a single paragraph was needed. It's always hard to cut the excess back into a manageable structure. Sometimes you have to just walk away from it until your mind cools off and you can write rationally again. (Assuming you ever could write rationally...)

Thank you for providing such a wonderful story.

RioRedKingRioRedKingabout 8 years ago
Well done

Great read on a rainy day. Your characterization and dialogue are first-rate, but I would love to see you sharpen the description of setting to make a stronger sense of place and time. Wonderful narrative. Thanks!

Lo_PanLo_Panabout 8 years ago
Mmmmmm.

I got to page six and got really bored with this piece. Unusual for one of yours, but there it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
long

way to long,could have done it in five pages

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good one.

Long but worth the read with a nice reward!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good story

This was a nice story with a redemptive ending. But, name changes, grammatical errors and time line juxtapositions along with too much overstatement made it slow read. 5 for the story.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Meh, he should have moved on rather than repeating the same mistake, letting things go full circle makes it all feel pointless, it feels like a defeat of sorts.

I think it became too much for my SoD when I read about how he let her crawl into bed with him just because she felt pathetically needy or something, he should have taken that with a grain of salt, and known where it could lead to.

this story also felt pretty long-winded, would probably be a better story if tightened up with some editing, cutting out a few pages.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

So because a sad, angry little anon with a tiny, limp cock couldn't please his wife no one is allowed to enjoy stories ever again.

Got it, makes perfect sense. I can't believe I ever questioned the logic and motives if the btb crowd. This commenter right here really sums it all up perfectly. Lovely, sad, bitter old men who can't pleasure a woman angrily shouting into the void because no one else cares. Loving wives in a nutshell.

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
@ frontlinecastor

Leave that poor man alone. That was a cry for help if I ever heard one. I can't even make myself come up with something clever to kick him with it. It's like beating a dog that is already whimpering.

Even I'm not that much of an asshole.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
Oh, my . . .

. . . what a wonderful story, well-written, and a beautiful love story with a touching ending. Thank you very much. 20*

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
*****

Came back for a reread. Like any great story, it has things you love and things you don't. In the end all you can say is "damn good.".

kdcee79kdcee79almost 8 years ago
Another time

Second time through; excellent work. I think this is the best of all your tales I've read. Not sure why I didn't score or comment 1st time but so glad to do so this time. On of the best written stories on this site. A very worthy 5 * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good story

I gave it 4 stars. Kinda didn't like the main character but just my opinion. It's still a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

"As big as I was, six feet and one eighty, M used her large frame and two hundred sixty pounds to toss me around like a toy."

Tell me that is a fucking mistake and M is not 260 pounds !

hell that's almost oprah-size

What's that saying? roll her in flour and look for the wet spot

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He deserves her...

Gee, she entices him to bed twice and accidentally gets pregnant both times. Then he buys the line that she has changed. He's dummer than a stump! She hasn't changed...she's still using her body to get what she wants. Decent story about a weak male. Not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry

Sorry but the story was way too long and bounced around all over he place. I finally got bored and didn't care how it ended.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Really good tale!

Enjoyed this read...will be looking at others of yours!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Story About A....

Weak, Wimpy, Co-Dependent, Nut less Male.

Ugly waste of time.

dommasterjimdommasterjimover 7 years ago
GREAT Piece of Work..!!

One of the Best I have ever read here in Lit...!!

Excellent plot, development, and climax (pun intended..!!)

Thank you for an Amazing piece of literary art..!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What?!?

The story was pretty good until in chapter 8 I noticed you were setting them up for reconciliation, then it all went to shit! She's a whore and he should have NEVER slept with the slag without using protection! What a dumbass!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great read

Sad that people live with unforgiveness in their hearts & mind, what terrible life they choose to live, sadly the folks around them suffer With them!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8993 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...