All Comments on 'Thanks Mom!'

by smokeandmirror

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Good story so far.. forget tryinf to make things right and all this other bs kick her out and fuck up the other persons life is the best way to handle stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

quick and final. No muss, No fuss and a cheating bitch is history. No need to talk and no need to carry on.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

You forgot that he should send a gift (maybe a gift certificate for a dinner out) to his mother-in-law. Her advice helped him find out that her daughter was a lying, cheating bitch. Of course mommy won't be happy having her move back home. Maybe it will become gossip in their church group, and around the community - did you know so and so cheated on her marriage? Maybe if the town is small enough the daughter will move far away and disappear. She can't have kids so it isn't a big loss if shes never heard from again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unfinished…….!!!!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

buy mom some flower and a spa day

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

Was it really worth the effort to write this and go through the process of publishing? I can't imagine it was. There is another version of this story that works just as well, it goes something like this: I came home and discovered my wife was cheating so I threw her out. The end.

KinPAKinPAover 2 years ago

What a crock of garbage. The narrator deserved everything that happened to him for what he did to the poor dog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dr beulahthebrit; Usual BTB crap, to start with she will get 50% of everything, hope she gets more, as having to put up with a wanker like him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just the way it should be. Kick then to the curb.

DaruneAlbaneDaruneAlbaneover 2 years ago

This one made me 🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi do u write when sitting in the toilet? Why so short and so abrupt an end?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just dumb writing-by-numbers. Theme is worn beyond exhaustion and, no, you can't kick your spouse out of the house immediately, even if it's yours.

OdiouserOdiouserover 2 years ago

Interesting twist with the phone swapping idea. But nothing else to recommend this story. No character building. No drama. This guy is a one-drama momma, first clue to divorce in 10 seconds. Sorry to be so negative, probably you have much more to offer in your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That’s it? This seems like you left the story hanging. Incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know some people might bitch and moan about how hard line the man is. But keep in mind, the wife did NOT hand over the phone willingly. She did NOT speak up to confess when the jig was up. She did NOT ask for forgiveness right away, instead she tried to minimize it.

That tells us a few things: The affair fog still has a deep hold on her. She has lost most of her respect and love for her husband. The affair would have continued had he simply handed her the phone back. Hell, an affair was likely to happen again AFTER he kicked her out....IF he took her back.

She should have confessed immediately and thrown herself at his mercy. She should have taken full blame and offered him the world to give her one more chance. And even that doesn't grant her the right for a second chance, it's his autonomy as a human that truly matters. But it would have opened a small door for him to consider a RAAC. But there is no realistic way to give her another chance with how badly she handled the blow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the decisiveness of the MC but feel that it would have been better if it was fleshed out. We never got characters to like or dislike.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You project so much fake macho manhood... It would be scary if you weren't juvenile in the litteral sense of the term!!!

Karn9Karn9over 2 years ago

Nice and short, BTB 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good start. You plan to finish this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The husband always owns the house before he got married. Funny how that works.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 2 years ago

Needs more as it feels incomplete. Otherwise it's a very good opening chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like it, now please post another chapter

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Yep l liked it, only complaint it was too short.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fine. Except why be cruel to the dog?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Of course I'd like to know "the rest of the story" but this quickie was unique and engaging. Well done - 5*

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Nice little short story.

Deprived891Deprived891over 2 years ago

Seem too short, though nice response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that was a waste (or is it waist) of 5 minutes.

Learn to spell..

wave goodbye not waive

You advise someone by giving advice.

The story is too short to give any information about the 'it's not what you think'. Your arsehole MC threw her out without hesitation so obviously didn't love her possibly didn't like her. He potentially caused harm to her dog and wasn't worried about the uber driver losing business.

Seems his brother is no better, using his position to get and share confidential information. Information used to screw up another marriage without actual proof of what was going on beyond the texts.

HargaHargaover 2 years ago

I didn't rate it because you picked on the dog. BtB but not the dog.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

The dog laxative was juvenile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story! Would love a short Ch 2 from her point of view. Arriving at Moms and having to tell her. The Mom's dissapointment would make for great conflict and drama. lol.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 2 years ago

Simple, direct, BOOM! One quick snapshot of life.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Good story EXCEPT the whole fucking with the dog part! That makes the MC a far bigger ASSHOLE than his cheating bitch wife. The dog is completely innocent! It is never okay to harm a helpless animal, so fuck you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great concept and clever idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amusing, but ultimately, boring and not even slightly erotic. At least you didn't follow the usual path in these things and have him hook up with the other cheating asshole's wife. That's so 'convenient' and overplayed.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Short and to the point. I would imagine every person on this site would not swap phones. But of course everyone trusts their partner..right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Screw the dog. It is a barker, so it got what was coming to it.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

"You aren't taking your phone and you aren't taking the car that you made me buy for you. That car is in my name and I pay for your phone. So take your shit and leave..."

So well worn and not realistic. I can't imagine getting my wife's phone and just taking it over, regardless of who pays for it. This kind of macho nonsense is not legal, removes any high ground the husband had.

Women are not property.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good story, for what it was. This would be a great one to expand into a real story.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5***** Thanks for this short and original story. Trading phones! Kewl idea! MC kicked the slut and her annoying dog out which was appropriate. Dog diarrhea? Thatz new. Ignore the cucks, wimps, and weirdos. This was a solid story but a Part 2 would be nice. Write On!!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Not a story, just a scene.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Fun but heavily cliched....and I do wish for once someone would write something other than ""It's not what it looks like."

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

Heh heh. Why do so many people complain about the yapper dog getting some extra medication?

The dog's bad day will pass; the wife's have just begun!

I wonder if this time next year MiL will be giving Andrea and DJ any advice on "How to Establish a Relationship Based on More Than Sex" or if her advice-giving days are officially ooooooooover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good score if MC lets W try to justify and re-connect MIL as it was her suggestion to swap

TwistedWrenchTwistedWrenchover 2 years ago

the story was good . the punchline worked well. i think the diarhetic dog in the uber was funny as hell. you should put a disclaimer that no actual dog was harmed blah blah blah just to keep the idiots at bay....cmon people its FICTION

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Puzzling mechanistic adultery story. We know how he caught the whore, but we have No idea why the wife betrayed him. The techniques are interesting, but the whole human being part is where the real story lies. Why? Was it something wrong with the husband, something wrong with the wife, what? The real interesting aspects of the story are completely ignored. FAIL!

But thanks for the effort.

JensensloverJensensloverover 2 years ago

Not clever, just incredibly boring!!! Did you get bored of writing it so you just stopped?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

People crack me up with their worries about a fictional dog. I have never dosed a dog w/ a laxative, but I am assuming, that like people, a properly administered dose (he did say the vet prescribed it) would just make the dog go early. I love dogs myself, I just can't see that speeding up the digestive process is harming the FICTIONAL dog.

The dog part didn't add anything for me, though, could have left it out story would have been the same. It was a quick fun read. Commenters are correct that the husband was pretty cold about it, but I am not complaining b/c I got the impression the point was to have a quick read. Extra details building on their love, etc, just would have slowed it down.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

Stealing her phone is going to see him screwed in court….dumping her for cheating is smart, but the rest of his choices….not so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Aaah yes, the good old laxative to the dog trick. Read a story many (10-15 maybe) years ago where the neighbor had a pair of big barky dogs that were out all day barking away. So our guy slipped some laxative pills into some chunks of meat and fed the bowsers shortly before the owner was due home. Hilarity ensued.

Wish I could remember anything else about it, iirc it was a good read.

This story was good for what it was, kep'em coming.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

I would like to buy MC's a beer on this one. The guy is just cool good thing the wife is not a drama queen. And also a beer for mom-in-law for her advice.

/

Love the story thanks smokeandmirror.

I hate cheating/cuckold stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Phill1c - "I can't imagine getting my wife's phone and just taking it over, regardless of who pays for it". Probably because it sounds like your wife has the balls in your family. Try growing a set.

firedog451firedog451over 2 years ago

Great short story. Don't be put off by all the negative reactions, there are plenty of those for almost every story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally! A smokeandmirror story where he doesn't take the cheating wife back! That alone is worth a 5! You're such a good writer, let this be the beginning of more plot varieties for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have been on this site for a long time. This is the first time I have seen a new way of how a husband finds out about his cheating wife.

Author energy poured into story 4.6

Flow and grammar of the story 4.8

Ending. 4.5 would like to see more

Overall 5

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 2 years ago

Didn’t add much otherwise so it was headed to 3 stars but I like the phone swap thing and added 1

xiluaxiluaover 2 years ago

Like it. Fuck her and fuck the sad excuse for a dog. Good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I found out my wife was unfaithful. I made her move out and started divorce proceedings. I also found out who she was cheating with and got him in trouble with his wife.

There

Same story, same information and same amount of emotion.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Short and with all the important details. Well-written story that shows that not all suggestions a mother-in-law makes are bad!

brownlabbrownlabover 2 years ago

This story was well written and had an almost new way of finding out. I do prefer more detail in the cause and effect. I like to judge who is the good guy and bad guy on my own. Thank you for sharing you work, I'll be checking you catalog for more great stories I suspect. Cheers.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Too bad, I liked the sound of the mother-in-law. I feel like the average person these days has the morals of an alleycat, and they only discover too late that <em>more</em> sex is not a substitute for good sex, and that those fusty old morals were not based in some arbitrary religion but practicality and a long-term perspective. Funny how people are always shocked when their slutty little plans turn into fecal disasters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too short

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

I agree too short, but did mom know or suspect her daughter? Did mom call and timed it for him to be home? He needs to forward all the texts' pics to his phone ASAP before the phone locks up or to insure no mystery deletion by the phone provider occurs. It sure would be interesting to be at moms house when daughter comes dragging her suitcases in - what that discussion was going to be like, ouch. Any pre-nup?

/

So was his wife that stupid or that arrogant, again the story was too short. To keep those texts and pics on her phone - amazing how !@#$%^&* some people are.

/

5*, Hooyah, Salutes....

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

Short and sweet. Definitely not too short. The dog medicine bit was a nice touch.

KinPAKinPAabout 2 years ago

One star...not cool taking his anger out on the dog.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Sounds like her mom knew something all along.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There’s an axiom that you can’t tell anything about a person’s character who is kind to animals, but you can tell a lot about the character of one who is cruel to animals. Andrea was better off without him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why do so many asshole writers on this site take revenge out on an innocent animal? 1*

TechumsahTechumsahabout 2 years ago

definitely another story when she gets to her moms.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dont let the doorknob hit you where the good Lord split you...... bye Felicia

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

A man with decisive attitude and BALLS!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even at a mere 5 lbs., the dog cruelty complaint troubles me.

Are these people STUPID. Forget that, my experience is that most are along for the ride, they do not think and most are completely passive, forever entrenched in “acceptance mode.” I do not think the dog was abused, I am more focused on the dog completely shitting throughout the ride home. (Hopefully ,she carries it in her purse or doggy bag, or perhaps even in a pocket of a jacket.)

The only victim here is the Uber driver. Send him an extra tip from wife’s account, and give him a 4 rating; 5 if he throws her out of the car, and another 20%.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This husband has just accidentally discovered his wife is unfaithful and loves another man. That’s tragic and cruel. But what do some of the commentators fixate on? Little Fifi is about to possibly take a dump in the wife’s handbag (or however else it’s being transported) as the result of a veterinarian prescribed, animal safe laxative! For crying out loud! That’s NOT cruel - It’s funny and well deserved on the part of the cheating wife. Maybe not the poor Uber driver though.

Bunch of Snowflakes, stop the hysteria and soothe your hurt feelings by hugging a tree or something. There’s no harm here except to the husband of course!

xfac2021xfac2021over 1 year ago

And the rest of the story?

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Good story. Definitely not in the cuck zone.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 1 year ago

Great idea completely rushed and underdeveloped

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - it was not much of a marriage - to me it looks like it just friends with benefits

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

It's always hard to find a new way to uncover a cheat, but the author found one. I liked it.

TexarManTexarMan8 months ago

Good start would like you to finish the story. Did she ever get to talk to him. What was her feelings for her husband, her man friend. Lots to exspa.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Direct and to the point “cool”

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

This had potential to be interesting but it felt rushed. I’ll bet if the author had gotten there, the mother-in-law might have been sorry she shared that idea!

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Mom in law was on to something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Do al those commentators who want an epilogue or further interaction between them, not

Understand that it was meant to be brief? Does your mum still cut up your steak for you so you don’t have to swap hands to eat it? (I don’t understand that cut and swap shit either.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous