All Comments on 'Thanks taking'

by johnpassion

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stilted

Very stilted writing. No contractions and misspellings. VERY distracting and difficult to read. Not very enjoyable. With as many stories you've published in such a short time I'm really surprised. Get with an Editor PLEASE.

1 star

DragonRider55

johnpassionjohnpassionover 4 years agoAuthor
@Dragonrider55

The writing may be stilted for your taste. I appreciate your take and thank you for your comment. However, if you have read my other offerings, I very rarely use contractions.

To me, they distract and can dumb down a writing. I carry rarely use contractions in my speech and I do not curse. I am sure if my other writing have been read that would be noted.

Thank you for taking the time and reading. Thank you again for commenting. It will only make me a better writer.

Seriously though. One star? Wow

johnpassionjohnpassionover 4 years agoAuthor
@Dragonrider55

You may need to read the story again and realize the words you may think are misspellings are spelled correctly. I have included words that are parts of a mine. Stope and raise were used with the correct spelling and in the correct way.

I hope this helps.

Shykinkygirl69Shykinkygirl69over 4 years ago
Teaching

I like your use of words that are not common. I often find myself going to Google to look up new words that you have written in your stories. I didn't know that different parts of a mine have names.

Reading your stories is such a fun way to learn new things.

johnpassionjohnpassionover 4 years agoAuthor
@Shykinkygirl69

Thank you.

I hope the words I choose do not get in the way of the thoughts and images I am trying to create in the readers minds.

I appreciate your kind words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjohnpassion@johnpassion
I was introduced to this site by a friend. I was told to post a few of my stories, so, here I am. ;)