All Comments on 'That was it!'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A fair story of a woman wanting to feel young again and being duped by a young dumb stud.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Tranmere Rovers? Who the hell outside Birkenhead is remotely interested in Tranmere Rovers?

I can't escape the feeling that Julie and Ellie are not going to be friends for much longer now that Julie has broken the cardinal rule about dating a friend's ex.

Could the MC's penchant for casually fat shaming and disparaging his wife possibly offer up a clue as to why she was ripe for the attention of a younger, more attractive man who talked to her like a human being?

JR

ReadyOneReadyOne2 months ago

Why did she start gaining weight 3 years back? Why did she check out of the marriage? What changed between that let Richard in?

Just asking, because I wanted to learn her motivations. Not complaining about the story. It was good, thank you!

demanderdemander2 months ago

Gotta agree with the last comment. What happened to her? Sounds like serious depression. Letting herself go, reckless behavior, etc. D

miket0422miket04222 months ago

There's no way them fucking was just because she had a few drinks and let things get out of control.

Forget about her losing weight, dressing sexier, etc.

Supposedly the line Richard fed her at the NYE party was his grandfather had passed. Then on the fateful night she fucked him she was consoling him because his grandmother passed? After knowing Richard and his friends had targeted her on NYE, there's no way she was that naive and stupid. It was intentional on her part.

someoneothersomeoneother2 months ago

Another fairy tale story with Julie waiting in the wings. There is simply not enough background to explain Ellie's conduct. She was 60 years old and an executive, and so not immature or stupid.

secretsalsecretsal2 months ago

Not really buying Ellie having sex with Richard after the whole initial blowup when she knew she was on thin ice. Can happen, but the way the characters were written made it feel like a copout.

Carnes8004Carnes80042 months ago

Of the 5 authors comments, the final one seems quite right, THAT WAS IT! Stay safe.

imhaplessimhapless2 months ago

Good story; 5*

Wildbill314Wildbill3142 months ago

The author’s comment made the whole story even better

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

Pretty decent tale but the narrative sections seems to rush us through what would have been better with dialogue. We also never hear how Ellie reacts to Julie taking her husband. Can't imaging that went well - LOL! 3.7*

robinhodrobinhod2 months ago

I accept the writer's opening apology for not knowing the building trade. I also think he doesn't know much about English employment or divorce laws.

Nonetheless, I was enjoying the story until the end of page 2.

After that it became, for me, totally ludicrous. 3* at best.

Having tried to write stories myself, and proved to be pretty poor at it, I appreciate the effort. But, to succeed, there must be an acceptable level of credibility. Missed it for me. Sorry.

BriteaseBritease2 months ago

Found the building ‘bit’ overshadowed the rest for me, having been responsible in some way or other for several thousand houses. And yes, it’s still fun to get the trowel (or the saw) out on occasions. I suspect the bulging problem was more to do with the cavity ties not being secure, but only nerds like me would be interested in that. I had a Rover P5 though, so it’s got to be 5 stars anyway!

Maxximus0040Maxximus00402 months ago

He gave her a chance and she threw it back in his face, all because she wanted to feel young again. She deserves everything she gets. Good story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dalton402Dalton4022 months ago

That story kept me gripped. Great job.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut2 months ago

Anonymous.

"Could the MC's penchant for casually fat shaming and disparaging his wife possibly offer up a clue as to why she was ripe for the attention of a younger, more attractive man who talked to her like a human being?"

Is it worse to be casually fat shamed by someone who loves you than be talked to by someone like you were a human being when they care nothing for you. Possibly worse than nothing, as they would embarrass and shame you in front of others just for fun.

Mocking someone for having put on weight isn't in the best traditions of a gentleman, but in most situations something can be done about weight. Whereas if the wife is drawn to the attention of a younger and more attractive man, her husband can do nothing about his age nor relative looks.

Methinks the anonymous one doth protest too much!

Kernow2023Kernow20232 months ago

good story , do Tranmere Rovers still exist?

SunnyU2SunnyU22 months ago

I didn't care for it. Needed more depth from the wife. This wasn't a young marriage. The woman was old enough to understand how her husband would feel about her actions. Truthfully there seems like there is deeper story here were the best friend setup the whole thing up to get the MC for herself.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very sad, really. Ellie transformed herself into another old cat lady.

.

Well done.

.

4 ****

maedhros21maedhros212 months ago

Thank you for a complete story!!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer2 months ago

Well, a realistic story of what has happened many times to older couples.

So, thank you for the story. Some of the comments are amusing. This divorce would be under British Law so most of that crap that the US divorces list out does not happen. 40 years married, their assets would be 50/50. All that crap he ranted about him keeping the house, was just venting. If all they had was the house in assets, then it would have to be sold in order for a 50/50 payout to be made. It seems that he was able to have the house value as part of his 50%. After all, what old couple would want a 4 bedroomed home at retirement!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yes, dumping her after the NY's party after 40 yrs would have been a little too much, but after the backseat romp, it was the right thing to do. As to Julie "waiting in the wings", I've seen that A LOT in real life. What makes a guy attractive to a woman often makes him attractive to her like-minded GF's.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not a bad story, based on the trope of an older woman fancying a young guy and letting him into her panties. Older than usual, of course. Still a four stars story.

JPB NOT BOB

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture2 months ago

Not your best story to be honest, it lacked emotional connection for me, it seemed rushed.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A somewhat odd and awkward writing style, but maybe its a cultural thing; I'm not British. The kids came and went? You've never had children, or at least not successfully. In a successful family No One comes and goes, the children become part of your lives forever, unless it has been a dysfunctional family. And if that had been illustrated and explained then the wife getting hit by Martian Slut Ray would have made some sense. But then the husband being surprised at his wife becoming a deceitful self-absorbed slut would not make sense, and you wanted his surprise to be part of the emotional energy. So it ended up being puzzling and awkward. The marriage ended months if not years before the bitch finally started fucking around; supposedly the first time. Which left the husband looking like the stereotypical deaf dumb and blind British cuck, the last one to know.

\

You only added to the MC's clueless character when you made it so slow and dithering for him to recognize another woman's interest in him. Hell, maybe the fat whore just wanted a man who paid attention to her? He understood bricks and mortar, but did not understand people? Now that fits.

\

So it was a decent plot but a mediocre execution, with some tried and tired plot devices. A girls night out, with her history? A run down of their meeting and courting, which added nothing to the story except words? Fucking in the back seat of a car, at age 60? The boy toy temptation, for a successful experienced professional wife and mother in a supposedly stable function marriage? Just because its fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to believable and make sense. This wasn't and didn't. But thanks for the effort.

MattblackUKMattblackUK2 months ago

Abbots Reserve? Extra Real Ales points. 5* story.

Medussa55Medussa552 months ago

I thought the early portrayal of Ellie as some sort of blubber-monster was a bit overdone and gave away what eventually was going to happen. Other than that a good story well written. Ellie had obviously checked out and the MC was, after 40 years, running as a creature of habit hoping for the best. Fully understandable. Thank God for Julie.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Old fat women? Lol

PowersworderPowersworder2 months ago

Love tends to get destroyed pretty damn fast when a husband is publicly humiliated by his wife.

The real answer as to why he didn't immediately leave her, was that the husband was worried about losing the house he'd built with his own two hands in a divorce. But it sounds like their relationship was already over by the night of the New Year's party.

Ellie had completely checked out of their marriage. With the rapid weight gain, and her absurdly reckless behaviour, it sounds like she was clinically depressed. It would have been interesting to find out why.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ambiguous tale, with a somehow retarded husband, an old slut wife looking for strangers sex, and ... a possible snake friend looking for a new marriage with the divorced MC, somehow helping in the dissolution of the couple, making her a very "good" friend.

About the reasons why the MC could have taken back his slut wife, they are not much credible: "People are flawed, they make mistakes, when sober or under the influence of other effects (alcohol, drugs or lust.)" ... there were no drugs, no rape, just lust, so, could the lust be a justification for the evident selfish, narcissistic and immature cheating behaviour ? The real reason was the blinding selfishness that lead this betrayers to destroy a marriage and possible a family. And such irresponsible choices almost always lead to devastant effects.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I like and was entertained by the story. It was confusing right after the party. I guess I am off in that I like straight forward dialogue As usual the”load” was a selfish slut who actually wasn’t punished enough. I am also a sucker for happy ending and the husband seemed like a good regular guy who got the cheese in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

PS For those who do not believe the wife had sex with Richard are forgetting you cannot under estimate self vanity and stupid hs no cure…,

vanyevanye2 months ago

"Julie, I'm confused. You say you've loved me for a long time, for many years. Why didn't you say anything?"

Why the fuck would she say anything? She's not the type to break up a marriage, so she kept her feelings to herself. Duh.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x2 months ago

I wouldn't think that fucking would be needed to invoke a moral behavior clause, her behavior at the party coud be enough!

\

"Ellie just sat there with her mouth open." - AFTER she had been warned?

\

You admit that you've never laid a brick, then decide to go into detail that I'm sure that any true bricklayer could probably pick apart. There's really no need to go into the nitty-gritty details.

\

I don't understand why they can't leave the appliances for the new owners at a discount.

\

"I got carried away." - Again?!

\

"I was consoling him and I got carried away." - "Consoling" him AGAIN?

\

"But I insist on one thing. no intimacy until I'm a single man. Because that would still seem like cheating." - I find this one of the most ridiculous things in these stories.

\

"I just hope that no intimacy means we can't kiss like lovers." - DOESN'T mean!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A good story with well-founded decisions on part of the narrator (the ex-wife not so much). 4 solid stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for a Very Nice, and Very Realistic Story. This is an "Age Old" Story of a woman getting older and feeling like the best part of life is gone, that she doesn't feel attractive anymore, and life is passing her by. The Natural Solution is to have an affair with a Younger Man. Richard was hot, available and willing. So they had a chance and took it resulting in the unforeseen results of divorce and getting fired. LOL, Then the struggle to forgive the cheating slut or keep her. tough decision either way. thanks for the effort. Buster2U

LustyScribeLustyScribe2 months ago

Very well done, I thought. And your note at the end is absolucorrect: We're all far better at second-guessing others' decisions than making right ones ourselves on OUR first try. He gave her a chance, she screwed it up, and in the end, the good people won.

AardieAardie2 months ago

I would have preferred a little more of the post divorce.

njlaurennjlauren2 months ago

Okay story..I think. The the ending needed more w Julie and Dave, and also more following with a Ellie , does she ever realize she did it to herself? Richard couldn't have been that bright, he was warned about the consequences but he shags her and brags about it?

One criticism With Ellie's bra or shouls have been

Thomas Telford not Brunel, Telford was the goat *lol

bhill8671bhill86712 months ago
I would not be surprised to find out that,

Julie set this up with Richard.

jflindersjflinders2 months ago

People will probably comment on why he took her didn't dump/divorce her after her treatment of him at the New Year party. Well, here are a few reasons.

There is a thing called love,

There is, but to me love has to have some reason for it. I can't see any reason for the husband loving the wife by the time the New Years party finished. If he somehow made it through decades of marriage not knowing what she was, he knows now and clearly isn't on board with it, and she doesn't meet the standards he is looking for.

There is also a thing called forgiveness,

Irrelevant, actually. The question is whether he's better with her or without her and she'd shown pretty clearly over a period of 1.5 to 3 years that he was better off without her.

People are flawed, they make mistakes, when sober or under the influence of other effects (alcohol, drugs or lust.) Murderers make mistakes, people who commit domestic violence make mistakes, fraudsters make mistakes and people who don't care about their spouses or marriages make mistakes. That they are flawed people doesn't make them marriage material. The fact that people are flawed in general doesn't make a person marriage material.

They may have decided that life is better with them than without them.

I can't see how the husband could be stupid enough to decide that in these circumstances.

Finally. There would be no bloody story if he did dump/divorce her after the first event.

Yes, there would, but it wouldn't be the one that writer wanted to tell.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of stories where the husband stays with a wife who over a long period of time has shown herself either not to be the person he thought she was or to have changed since the marriage in a way that makes her inconsistent with what her husband values in a spouse. It would make far more sense to me to show what led up to the wife acting as she did-the changes in what kind of person she was or how it was that a supposedly intelligent, capable man had failed to see it over the decades, then leading up to her behaviour and having the husband react accordingly.

At least he finally dumped her in the end so we didn't have to imagine his future, certain to be unhappy life. I liked his soft landing. 3 stars from me.

MightyheartMightyheart2 months ago

Good one but a little under baked.

Could do with more writing.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not a good start. Author mixed up characters names on page 1

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well if nothing else, we’re certainly learning a lot about brick laying.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Her actions showed little love and he was already two feet out the door of the marriage at the beginning of the story. And if you made a little bit bigger a deal out of the first event, THAT would have been enough for the average LW story. Just not this story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"Well, whilst you were shaking your fat arse and floppy tits on the dance floor with Richard, I have been thinking as well, thinking a lot about our marriage, and I am still thinking."

/

No wonder she cheated on him. He had it coming.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Generally quite realistic and a good read - not too much unnecessary background, not too much sex (thank god - old age sex is not sexy), and a really good Greene King ale. I know the quick pick-me-up (Julie) is a bit of a cliché but in this case it’s an important part of the back-story. I agree - waiting for the divorce before sex is a nonsense and doesn’t fit his personality. 5*

Happily_Married87Happily_Married872 months ago

Very well done I really enjoyed reading your story!

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

@sbrooks103x

I wouldn't think that fucking would be needed to invoke a moral behavior clause, her behavior at the party coud be enough! -

When you add "could" to any action that could make a whole different outcome@

/

"Ellie just sat there with her mouth open." - AFTER she had been warned? - Rhetorical, but yes that is what the story said.

\

You admit that you've never laid a brick, then decide to go into detail that I'm sure that any true bricklayer could probably pick apart. There's really no need to go into the nitty-gritty details. - You must have skimmed past the part he had learned from an old bricklayer.

\

I don't understand why they can't leave the appliances for the new owners at a discount. - That is what he choose to do in this case. You don't have to understand.

\

"I got carried away." - Again?! - Yes again! You read correctly.

\

"I was consoling him and I got carried away." - "Consoling" him AGAIN? YES AGAIN!

\

"But I insist on one thing. no intimacy until I'm a single man. Because that would still seem like cheating." - I find this one of the most ridiculous things in these stories. - When you divorce you can do it how choose. It's not as ridiculous as most of your comments!

\

"I just hope that no intimacy means we can't kiss like lovers." - DOESN'T mean! - The only constructive thing you said.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban2 months ago

It's said that "hindsight is 20/20 vision". He stayed with Ellie for all the reasons you listed. But looking back, I'm sure he wishes that he would have divorced her sooner. It certainly would have been less painful had he done so.

I liked the story! 4/5. BRB

nixroxnixrox2 months ago

1 star - I have seen one phrase on this website about a thousand times - 'ONCE&DONE'

That certainly applies here.

Hopefully, your next story will be a bit better.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All very sound as a story, and in addition your reasons that was a realistic one star on its own add the three for plot makes four, the last star not given sorry is just because. Thanks though enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent patient story. I think your closing comments succinctly and accurately sum up this website’s commenters. Knuckle draggers.

Well played. Keep writing..

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice2 months ago

I very much enjoyed this story. I didn't feel the reasons at the end were necessary, as I felt those items were self-evident...but obviously, from other commenters, they were not obvious. I am fine w/ the one & done philosophy, but the way the story was written, the wife appeared to be guilty of being a poor wife at the start, not an unfaithful one. So, I thought the main characters choices made sense in the context of the story.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion2 months ago

I loved it. Even with the language difference it was still a great story. It's always sad to see a 40+ year marriage go down the drain, but it was made clear later in the story that it wasn't a slip up but planned. Sometimes it's not the one time that can't be gotten around, it's all the planning and preparation it took for that one time slip-up that is the final nail in the coffin. Her first attempt failed, she saw where it failed, and she corrected her mistake to make it happen. Her biggest mistake was not realizing she was being used as a fool. Sometimes we only see what we want and not what is the truth. It's easy to be blindsided when you were blinders. 5-stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x2 months ago

Hey, TraLaLa, the CHARACTER learned. The AUTHOR claims no knowledge, which is why I suggested that he not go into details.

inka2222inka22222 months ago

-1 star for invalid use of bullet points (they all say "1")

-1 star because all the listed reasons are poor ones, ESPECIALLY "love" one. You can't "love" someone who stabbed you in the back, at least a real man can't. Infatuation, which is a chemical process, may not care about trifling little details like betrayals and disrespect. "Love" does. Hell, you even had your MC say outright she managed to kill his love for her.

-1 for zero damage to Richard (he wasn't hurt and was free to fuck up other people's lives), AND the rest of his buddies weren't fired.

+1 for HEA for MC, including him not being a whiney little wimp who "is afraid to be hurt".

+1 for him not forgiving her for cheating.

4 stars total. Given Ellen's treatment of him, I feel that simply giving her all the money was extremely unfair; if not for that would have been 5 stars.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker2 months ago

Excellent story, and the final comments were heartfelt and honest. So refreshing on this site. I like your style. & stars, The Bear approves, even if the asshole is still alive. I love Mrs. Bear more than when we were married. Neither of us is the same(physical) person we were then. But I love her. 'Nuff said; Thank you, more, please.

The BEAR

BSreaderBSreader2 months ago
I

Really didn't enjoy that much, I don't stand.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

Sadly, some people piss away their second chances and Ellie went into it knowing full well what would happen to her, so there is really no sympathy for her stupidity. Julie is obviously a woman with a good moral character - she stayed true to her friend and tried to help her save her marriage to a man that Julie actually coveted. That's putting your friendship and more importantly, your integrity above your own selfish desires. In this way, she's clearly the opposite of Ellie. Personally, I think David did all right. He's obviously an emotionally strong man and sure, while he could have just dumped Ellie at the first go, he decided that he could risk it if he was wrong about her. That takes a huge amount of emotional strength and I think this is backed up by his complete decisiveness when Ellie finally fucks Richard and gets found out. He doesn't waffle, he's resolved. If anything, he's probably in a BETTER emotional state than he was originally because at first he was dealing with the unthinkable and then later on, he has already thought his way through the problem and knows his answer. This story is a solid 4/5 from me. I would have liked a bit more characterization of Ellie - she's a bit of a cypher really, especially since she denies everything that seems to be true and as for David, I would have liked to have seen at least one conversation with either their son or Ellie's dad where he set them straight. Probably the son actually would be stronger. I think it's important to feel the pathos from the fallout in these stories. Anyway, really well done as usual.

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

@nixrox

1 star - I have seen one phrase on this website about a thousand times - 'ONCE&DONE'

That certainly applies here.

Hopefully, your next story will be a bit better.-

Really nixrox how rude of you. If you think it is so easy, why don't YOU TRY to write a story and post it here.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I do not know from what nuances of the narrative and from what hints of the author I proceeded, but it was immediately clear to me that Ellie was trying to improve her own and find a more sexy appearance not for her husband. Although it is strange that after receiving such a harsh reaction from the management, HR department and colleagues after the New Year's party, in fact, because of excessive attention to each other and several close dances, these same two lovebirds decided to meet again and now go through the whole vicious path to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm concerned about a couple of things about Julie's actual role and true intentions in this story. First, note that Ellie began to disregard her appearance, sexuality, and, indirectly, sabotage her marriage about three years ago, that is, exactly when Julie allegedly tried to talk to her and tried to change her attitude towards her husband and marriage. So didn't those conversations have exactly the opposite character to saving a friend's marriage? Secondly, would Julia's actions to identify inappropriate behavior and adultery of her friend have been so scrupulous if she had not originally intended to separate the couple and had not consciously tried to get David?

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

The only part of this great story that I didn’t like was Richard escaping serious physical injury for helping ruin a marriage. I find it hard to believe that a younger man could be attracted to a fat older woman, but then I don’t recognize cucks as human either, so I could be wrong. Overall this is another great story to add to your catalog.

Rw43Rw432 months ago

Let's not underestimate the importance of Reason #1(5). The show must go on.

<>

I get why hubby stood in the freezing cold for 12 minutes while she, if anything, increased her expression of disrespect for him; and I get why he was willing to work with her while she artificially used her marriage to motivate herself to self-improvement. She hadn't clearly declared her motives yet, so he kept his investment alive.

<>

The thing I don't get--and I don't expect the Author to know either, even though I think he depicted it accurately--is why Ellie wanted to be the one to confess her firing/affair instead of letting Julia tell it from the legal side. We recognize that Ellie was not capable of admitting her true level of guilt (using Richard as her motivation for self-improvement). But what did she think she would gain by being partly honest, slightly confessional?

<>

I have to think that, once again, she was playing her husband, trying to keep him on the hook by asking for a token amount of his respect but failing to grasp how much he truly disrespected her by that point.

<>

And how self-centered do you have to be to miss the fact that your best friend is in love with your husband? I don't think the friendship was very two-sided.

<>

Oh, one more thing: any grown woman who gives it up in the back seat of a car--ESPECIALLY if it costs her her standing in a long-term relationship--can never complain about her relationship partner treating her with disrespect. If she's going to compromise her marriage without even asking for a bed, couch, hotel room, kitchen table or carpeted floor; if she's going to get it on like a desperate horny adolescent when we all know her body doesn't generate those hormones that way anymore; if she's going to put on a steamy show for all the transients, passers by and perving security personnel lurking in the parking lot--she has already disrespected herself more than any of her loved ones ever can.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I can understand his forgiving his wife after NY Eve... maybe perhaps. The amount of disrespect by dancing with Richard & ignoring her husband, especially with the kiss at midnight, is tremendously bad. That she took 12min to say goodnight/ comfort him while he's waiting outside is beyond reason.

For me, I would've asked loudly if he's taking my place, as one kisses their spouse, friend, companion at midnight & now somebody else. Definitely, after a couple of minutes waiting in the cold car, I'd manage to get into the driver's seat & drive away. Let the bitch get her own ride back. Silence? The freezing temps outside would be warmer than inside. Unlike Rw43 below me, I do NOT "get shy hubby stood in the freezing cold" while she supposedly got her handback. That's slapping himself a few times in the face. He had the key, the friend pulled out the car for him (unless I misread it). why not leave after the betrayal, even if not sexual?

She said it wouldn't happen again... but it did in the backseat of the guy's car. Then she again repeats not happening again. After the 1st time, there should've been some space between them - unofficial separation - for a week or 2 so she'd know what things would be like without him. Part of me thinks the divorce maybe should've happened then.

The author's states that if that happened, the story would've been much shorter. That might've not been totally bad as the story could've been told in under 4 pages. 3 stars; actually, 2.5 stars but rounding it up. Bob

Moonbat74Moonbat742 months ago

Ellie really was as dumb as a box of hammers. Would have been justice to have had her and lover boy squashed by a lorry load of bricks while out driving....

oderflamundoderflamund2 months ago

I really enjoyed your story!

But I thought I would let you know that your story showed up on a Youtube channel: QuizeerGuy. If you are him or have given him permission, cool! If not, just letting you know that someone is trying to profit from your hard work.

Rw43Rw432 months ago

Re Anonny Bob: Have you ever been freezing cold? I don’t mean “chilly”. I think the author means “freezing”. Of course you have. At that point, your only thought was to get out of it, but our protagonist couldn’t go back inside. He had to get in the car. The protagonist then specifies why he COULDN’T leave—unless you want to pretend that his broken ankle was an exaggeration. He then specifies exactly how long the wait was, so he was NOT intending just to overlook her transgression. However, real cold compels inertia. His only thought was to survive it. All other matters must wait for the cold to end before they are given consideration.

<>

In a sense, the cold was an analogy of where he stood in his marriage; but cold deadens our feelings and induces inertia. We have to strive to survive. If he waited long enough, she would solve the problem she had caused, wouldn’t she? At least, that’s what he had to think. As a bare-chested observer speaking from the toasty warmth of your recliner, you can say he wasn’t responsive enough, and boast about all the vitality and verve you think you would have in that hypothetical situation. I choose to give the protagonist some acknowledgment of fictional testosterone and save my chest-beating, grunting caveman act for my real life. To each his own.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good points at the close! I did enjoy the story. Realistic characters and motivations.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill692 months ago

Great story. 5 from me.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19692 months ago

Thought it was a little wordy at the start (bricklaying and house backstory) and that the story was only going to be about the New Year's party. Then it got going and it was very good.

Heartbreaking that the wife didn't take the New Year's mistake to heart and completely fucked up. Also sad that she didn't fight the end of their 40 year marriage at all. Maybe could have said something like "why should I fight for our marriage... it's obvious I stopped loving you a few years ago and hurt you with my actions. I may not love you any more but I do owe you peace"

There was a weird passage earlier on that made it sound like they hadn't been together a terribly long time (can't find it), or didn't know each other as well as they should have with 40 years of marriage behind them.

The fat-shaming was uncomfortable. the concept fit the story well, it was just a bit harsh, particularly early in the story, before any animosity or betrayal..

I'll imagine Richard's friends at work also got sacked for sharing the images of their infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

1. Betrayal/humiliation can very easily turn love to hate. The stronger the former, the stronger the latter.

1. Forgiveness is for cucks. The desire to harm back someone who harmed you is natural and observed in all animals with higher intelligence. The forgiveness bs is just a nifty social construct from humans who hate consequences for their actions.

1.Cheating CANNOT be a mistake. It's not a moment's action. It's a process involving a series of conscious decisions. A conscious decision can't be a mistake. It's a deliberate choice. You don't slip and fall onto someone's mouth or dick...

1. There is a term for a person thinking they are better with a cheater than without them. It's called a cuck.

1. Probably the only rational point in this outro. Still an interesting story about the aftermath is not impossible.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The hooking up with her friend thing is not only cliche, but doesn't make much sense. They are described as best friends for years, almost sisters. So it's very unlikely her best friend didn't know and/or indirectly condone the traitorous cunt. Women talk so she knew she was flirting at work at least. And yet she was trying to convince him to keep her more than once. If it was just a hookup it'd be ok but MC is serious. You can tell a person's character from the company they keep, so it's yet another poor choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It appears that wasn't the story that Ellie told the children.

===> dumb move by the cheating spouse. Unless young kids, the truth comes out and this kills any hope of not just reconciliation but even friendship. Ellie plotted this for 3 years or so. She was seduced by Richard who wanted special treatment. She checked out of the marriage. I agree with the author.but forgiveness after the New Year's Eve debacle, but I would have had a lot less trust and been more vigilant. Her quick shaggy in the car was the end of the road. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The author is right, yes, there wouldn't be a story if he had dumped her right away. That's true with so many stories posted in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

There is love, there is forgiveness but mostly there is stupidity and love isn't enough to cover the levels of disrespect you put your male characters through.

People may be flawed they aren't subsentient and are the decisions they make.

Your women are not responsible for decisions they think through and take.

They are victims somehow.

oldtwitoldtwit10 days ago

WOW you got a lot from the Anon lot down here. 😃

As a story not a bad one, I could see where it was going, I’ve read a lot on here, but the characters were okay as was the way you wrote it

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Would have added to the story if you had included Ellie’s side.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...